• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for everyone that came to GX today to participate in the leaderboard.

1st - Scatt: Now has free entry to GX everyday
2nd - Chas: Receives a one day pass for only $5 (50% off)
3rd - Neo X: Receives a one day pass for $5 on Saturdays only (50% off)

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lol Scatt, our leaderboard matches were so epic :D We should play more, man!

Shoutout to Neo for some XP in the Wario MU. That MK was also kinda scary ._.

Shoutout to Mercy for the great friendlies. I have to better my reaction time for that Nair. Caught me off-guard a lot and broke my DI D: Nonetheless, your Pikachu is superb =D

Shoutout to Smithspot for hosting this, and the awesome leaderboard set/friendlies.

Shoutout to TGK and Chas. We didn't get to play at this. We'll have to change that on the 18th :093:

Overall, great fun, I hope to see and play you all again at the upcoming GX tourney.

:phone:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
SCtoofaraway johns. Although I plan to be at Smash or Die the 18th unless I end up having to work weekends (which is a very real possibility; heck, I might be working midnight to 9 AM for all I know).

DRN

Smash Lord
Scaaattttttt our games were really fun but man WF's game 5 was ********.

Had fun though and i wish i could have played everyone more. Neo-X your really improving and actually helped me a lot by letting me test some stuff in tourney.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
Scaaattttttt our games were really fun but man WF's game 5 was ********.

Had fun though and i wish i could have played everyone more. Neo-X your really improving and actually helped me a lot by letting me test some stuff in tourney.
Lol glad I helped.

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
When is the next one of these? I really want to come.
I wanna play offline...whens the next fest or something?
The next smashfest will be this coming weekend. I say friday, but what day works best for everyone else?
GX is open every Thurs, Fri, & Sat from 4pm til 10:30pm.
(We are planning to start opening earlier than 4pm very soon, will update...)

mercy

Smash Apprentice
The smashfest yesterday was cool. I can definitely see myself going back.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
GA is pretty bad compared to other states. I hate admitting it and i wish we were better as a whole, but facing facts, Its only Calvin and Lounis earning us the .5 respect points that we have.. And we go ahead and round that up to 1 because of reflex.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
GA is pretty bad compared to other states. I hate admitting it and i wish we were better as a whole, but facing facts, Its only Calvin and Lounis earning us the .5 respect points that we have.. And we go ahead and round that up to 1 because of reflex.
I can see that in our state too tbh. Most of that comes with protecting our home court advantage lol. Our pr's gotta try their best to outplace OoS people when they attend, it'll just show how strong our state is.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I can see that in our state too tbh. Most of that comes with protecting our home court advantage lol. Our pr's gotta try their best to outplace OoS people when they attend, it'll just show how strong our state is.
I want this so bad. I know ill reach my goal some time, but i got some walls to climb and some fears to overcome.

disasterABDUL

Smash Ace
lol aib

Someone should come to my house tomorrow and play maylay bros with me and Sleepy.
lets throw some time and locations and such
I gotta slave away at work till night =[

P-1 apparently gives GA some respect points too.
some smashers are all over his jock with stuff like "yo dawg p-1 da bess diddy ever and stuff daw"

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I think it's because our offline scene isn't all that populous. It's pretty hard to compete when you can't make it to tourneys, or you don't really have the time. We are also short on big names because we don't have vast quantities of PR players that can actually go OoS, whether it be parents or lack of transportation. I think we show how strong our state is by at least standing a fighting chance and sticking up for it, rather than just saying we're bad. I could see how we need improvement, but GA is nowhere near the brink of inadequacy. We do good enough for our state, but we can always do better, I'll just leave it at that. If it's okay...

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
player-1, mcpp, and scatt are our only well known wifi players.

Wait, who even gives a **** about wifi?

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
player-1, mcpp, and scatt are our only well known wifi players.

Wait, who even gives a **** about wifi?
There's a lot of people in the Augusta area that play Wifi. A few around Columbus, some near Stockbridge and College Park, and Lil'G is in Savannah. A few that I know are in Dacula, and they've never seen reason to see the light of a walk-up tournament. Rather than cursing Wifi, we should be encouraging people more, and giving them reasons to go to our tourneys. Maybe looking for people around your area, and providing assistance, or getting to catch up with them regularly.
We make ourselves look much too disappointed on our performance as a state, rather than individually (which is still questionable), but with time, we can find some method of getting our message across to not only the state, but the region, if not the nation. I want people to know that Georgia exists, and stands a chance against other states. I don't want to feel ashamed to say I live in Georgia. We're going to make ourselves knowledgeable. Offline and Online.
Sure hope I'm not causing too much of a ruckus... I'll go silent now.

Top Bottom