• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Personally Critiqued by Pierce. OP Updated 11/18

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh, good. Thanks, Pierce. I'll try to make sure I'm available next time.

This gives me more time to find a good video...

:069:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Attention Twinkie and Asa:

So, apparently, my normal ride home from class tonight completely forgot to tell me that he didn't come to class today. That was most unfortunately, because it means that I will not be arriving at school on time. I was going to do the critique with you from school here, as I have done several others.

Unfortunately, I realize that you requested a critique through Skype, which I cannot do from here (the Library at my school)

This unfortunately means I will have to reschedule your critique for sure Twinkie, and I will probably have to reschedule your critique as well Asa.

I hope that this does not cause any major inconvenience. I sincerely apologize.

SnackAttack

Smash Champion
Did you enjoy the critique session?

I did. It was great to know that someone was helping me with concepts that I didn't understand for so long.

Do you feel that the session will help you improve your game?

I do feel as though this will help a lot. I feel as though I finally have clear, concise things that I need to work on rather than broad answers such as: "Do ___ more" "Do ____ less". Pierce Skillfully and clearly told me bad habits that he saw based on one video.

Did your questions get answered? If not, what questions do you still have?

My questions in-session did get answered. Pierce even agreed to PM me his opinion and certain answers to other questions that I had.

Please include any more ways that you feel Pierce could improve this service, either within the actual session, or overall.

I think Pierce did a fine job on mine, so no complaints.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
If anyone at any given point sees a discrepancy in the schedule, please let me know. Also, if you cancelled an appointment previously, and I removed it from the schedule, or I missed our appointment, and I removed it from the schedule, please let me know.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Did you enjoy the critique session?

I did immensely. He pointed out something I never would have thought of anytime soon.

Do you feel that the session will help you improve your game?

I do believe this will help me a lot. I know exactly what to work on now to bring my game to next level. I actually have something to practice now.

Did your questions get answered? If not, what questions do you still have?

My questions in-session did get answered. I felt like I learned so much and now I know what to apply.

Please include any more ways that you feel Pierce could improve this service, either within the actual session, or overall.

I loved the critique, overall was excellent I have no problems nor complaints.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'll be picking this back up next week. All my friends are home for Thankgiving, including my brother. I'm going to be spending time with them, so I won't have time to do this.

We'll be resuming next week, except I'll critique Twinkie and Arc-Revived because I missed theirs.

There will be fewer blocks, and more time in each block this go around.

Sure thing Pierce.

Give me a set of dates and time frames and I'll pick from them. I won't be too busy for a while, so whenever is fine.

Edit: Btw, I actually fell asleep during our original time frame, so don't feel too bad about skipping me lol.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I'm thinking tomorrow night, because even if I'm out, I'll be able to do it where I'm at probably.

Well, since I'm chock full of free time, let's just say tentatively tomorrow night at like, 7pm, and I'll let you know if that time becomes less than awesome. Good?

Also, I'm not sure the Time Zone difference.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I'd bother with this, but the best advice I'm like to get out of you is "pick another character". Though perhaps I'll get you to critique my Lucario at some point in the future.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Pierce has, in the past, specifically said that I'm limiting my potential by maining Ganon. However, I suppose I'll give it a chance. Hopefully get in a few good matches tomorrow with both my Lucario and my Ganon, then pick the best of them all.

Steam

Smash Hero
Pierce has, in the past, specifically said that I'm limiting my potential by maining Ganon. However, I suppose I'll give it a chance. Hopefully get in a few good matches tomorrow with both my Lucario and my Ganon, then pick the best of them all.
well you kind of are limiting your potential when your best MU besides yourself is a 40:60 Disadvantage :/

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
well you kind of are limiting your potential when your best MU besides yourself is a 40:60 Disadvantage :/
Best matchup is actually 55:45 Bowser's favour, aside from ones which are heavily influenced by stage, such as the Diddy matchup. We can actually even out the Diddy MU by ensuring that we are on a smaller non-FD stage and have a Banana in our hand. 43% true combos that can kill are the best kind of combos.

Anyways, not a place to talk about this.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Would if possible to find a time for me in MSN? I live in Europe so we need to have a good time to do this stuff and it would be much easier to deal with in real time.
Also, a tournament tomorrow, so I get a lot of videos.

Just posting here to say that Pierce's critiques will really really help you out. They're really good.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
Desired Time Slot INCLUDING THE DAY: the earliest possible
Link to video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgZf3bmI9vA might have more depending when you critique
One method of contact: AIM and skype are both FlameWaveK

I barely leave the house outside of the weekend and I'm in self-study :>

I have soooo much free time.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Currently trying to get a hold of a pools match against A.lly's Meta Knight that I did particularly terribly in, though it is on Norfair. I'm afraid the first game, against his Snake on Smashville, didn't get saved. Going to see what games of mine did get saved, though.

Top Bottom