• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Schooled! - 3rd Semester - The training course for SIIS6! $5 entry!

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
We started dubs late and everything just snowballed from there. I wanted to do a side event but we where running way behind. I wanted to get out sort of early too and I blame myself and tech for this one running a bit late. We will try our best to get things rolling and on the right track so we can end early. I loved Tech's cafe tournaments because they where over by 9.

I really do agree with tutu on this one about mk. I might be a hypocrit because of it because I mained mk for a while. But this tourny made me realize how fun diddy is. I mean yeah I enjoyed playing mk also but idk what it is I just missed playing my old character. So I will be going back to diddy because of this tourny. I had a ton of fun and will post shout outs either tonight or tomorrow.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Like do you people not understand how damn important recovery and gimping is in smash? We can ignore thafact that on stage he still has the strongest overall game slightly worse than Diddy I terms of pure ground ability, and by far the best in the air. The fact that he has 5 mid air jumps and 4 really good recovery moves, 2 strong gimping tools (Dair And Shuttle Loop) a frame 2 up air the leads in virtually his entire aerial move set.

But no I see where you guys are coming from, MK doesn't have any significant advantage over the rest of the cast. Having a flawless recovery isn't important and neither is having amazing gimping options. Everytime I've said is 100% biased because I'm bad at the MK MU.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFw14tXKb0w

:yeahboi:

:phone:

_Kain_

Smash Champion
The reason why they nerfed Yun was cause ppl *****ed too much, not cause he was broken. Last I checked he didn't even win EVO...learn to actually know what your talking about when you talk about other fighting games other than brawl.

Also...have fun fighting MK OoS when you've forgotten how to play him.

D

Deleted member

There's no need to ban a character if you know e's getting nerfed in a week, if brawl was DLC and if the stages on SF had an effect on the gameplay then maybe comparing the two would hold more than an ounce of weight.

Nobody here is complaining about having bad MUs, it's the fact that MK has no bad matchups that's annoying. He's the best character by far with the next best chracter(Diddy) only beats him on one stage. Call me a screen or w/e, that's retardedly overpowered in a game that's being played competitively. Sure he doesn't have guaranteed 0-deaths on the cast, but he is ungimpable, has the best frame data of of the entire cast, has the best tools for gimping, etc.

Imagine a 2D fighting game where a character with amazing frame data and combo potential, also had the ability to break out of a combo with no cost, and he was the only character that could do that, you wouldn't call that bannable? I sure as hell would.
He wouldn't get banned regardless. Anyone remember vanilla Sagat?

I don't have a problem with you playing your character but when you go to a tournament where you know there's going to be a lot of Mk mains and you know your character struggles againts him then you weren't playing to win in the first place

You can't complain about it when you lose
If you're going to play your character then you need to ride and die with him

And no just because a character has tools does not make him bannable like I said earlier that's the game you play

D

Deleted member

The reason why they nerfed Yun was cause ppl *****ed too much, not cause he was broken. Last I checked he didn't even win EVO...learn to actually know what your talking about when you talk about other fighting games other than brawl.

Also...have fun fighting MK OoS when you've forgotten how to play him.
+rep

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Seeing as how were already consisttanly losing to our own mks what's it matter? Let's just work on getting better first

And you guys act like playing in tourney is the only way to practice. There's all the SF that everyones doing (I MAY be doing one this sunday) and there MM at tourneys.....o wait and the non mk banned tourneys. Seriously if he's banned at a few tourneys let it go. If you don't want to go to those then don't but stop crying and either pick up another fun char, only go to mk tourneys, make your own tourneys, or quit brawl for real....no more quitting then when you hear there's an mk banned tourney cry all over the boards about how you can't go now

I feel for you guys because you put in so much work for 1 char and now he's not as usefull but for playing a char that has so many options you guys are choosing the wrong ones to handle this situation

DRDN

Smash Master
I don't believe that you JUST want to give your input because lately you've been pouring the salt on all the mi threads but, I think its going to help us because we don't seem to be ready for MK right now we need to hone our skills and lately MK has stopped that he's been killing our top players spirits or transforming them to MKs which doesn't help us grow at all. When we can get a tourney to not have MK in all top 5 slots damn near then maybe we should bring him out to test our abilities again (this of corse means we need both mk banned and mk legal tourneys)

DRDN

Smash Master
Its not the MU we need practice with we need general improvement and a more well-rounded game

If playing mk after mk has only caused grief and almost made several of our better players quit we need to try something new

Last time you asked me where you were salty gifts pulled up your whole salty post I can't do that now because I'm on my phone at work and I'm not even supposed to have it with me but you've been salty since it was announced it was mk banned then twice as salty when he said it counted for pr just admit it and get over it.

Oh and again I said wed need both mk banned and mkOK tourneys so that's how you get better...aside from the MM andd Sf like I mentioned before

i love how me having a different opinion is me being salty. and i love when people keep telling me to 'deal with it' or 'get over it'. it feels good to know people value my opinion so much. it's really no surprise our scene is dwindling.

yeahhh we should just forget about it, it's just gio who cares what he says. he's only played a broken char since day 1 and has no actual skill. :yeahboi:

also case in point, lolz

DRDN

Smash Master
Gio if you were talking like you were tonight the whole time it wouldn't be being salty but you have been salty and I was saying get over it to being salty not the concept itself

And when did someone say you have no skill? I'm still waiting on my MM btw...both of them

alright, i've come up with a great idea. since :metaknight: is so obscenely broken that he requires a banning, i will money match any MI player that isnt lain, judge, or kenny. their :metaknight: vs. the secondary of mine of my choice. should be free money for you guys, right? who's first? :yeahboi:

D

Deleted member

Seeing as how were already consisttanly losing to our own mks what's it matter? Let's just work on getting better first

And you guys act like playing in tourney is the only way to practice. There's all the SF that everyones doing (I MAY be doing one this sunday) and there MM at tourneys.....o wait and the non mk banned tourneys. Seriously if he's banned at a few tourneys let it go.
You got this all *** backwards you can go against the grain all you want (standard ruleset) but it's only going to hurt you in the long run

You should be running the standard ruleset for the main tournaments and then you could have a side banned mk tournament or have those at smashfests thats how you level up

If you don't want to go to those then don't but stop crying and either pick up another fun char, only go to mk tourneys, make your own tourneys, or quit brawl for real....no more quitting then when you hear there's an mk banned tourney cry all over the boards about how you can't go now
If you don't want to go to tournaments with mk then don't but stop crying and either pick up another char, make your own tourneys, or quit brawl for real....no more quitting then when you wont be mad when you go to tournaments with mk and cry all over the boards about how you can't deal with him

You see what I did there?

I love how you're calling people salty it's ironic as ****

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Not to be a douche here but in all honesty gio i thought you where quiting smash? So whats it matter if we have these mk banned tournaments? Why do you feel the need our scene should get better when you say you dont care about the game? Seriously though gio i like you as a friend but right now i feel like you are complaining just to complain about something.
And goddy the same goes with you. You have been away from the smash acene for some time now. In all honesty do you really care that much for this game? Because if you do it didnt show when you just walked out not letting anyone know that you where leaving at he first get schooled.

Whether or not you guys thinks it hurts the scene tech and i had a positive outlook on this tournament by people who actually went. So we will be having more in the future whether you like it or not. I will say not every one of our tournys will have mk banned but we will definetly have some more tournaments like the last.

fZk

Smash Lord
Since when did Gio become such a whinny little girl. For someone that takes every opportunity to proclaim how much he doesn't care about this game and how he doesn't want to play anymore he sure complains an excessive amount about it. Mind you, that all that not caring and not wanting to play talk was way before the whole MK banned thing, so I don't know where all this crying in coming about, I thought it was trolling at first but clearly it isn't.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Gio I accept that mm
- $2 :metaknight: vs :diddy:
- $2 :metaknight: vs :gw:
- $2 :metaknight: vs :secret weapon:

I'd also like to mm your :diddy: with :marth:

I thought it was trolling at first but clearly it isn't.

does my opinion get invalidated because i say i'm quitting? i still have yet to encounter a real counter-argument to the statements i've made. other than 'get over it', 'deal with it', 'so we will be having more in the future whether you like it or not'. all very compelling arguments.

and ori no MMs with diddy kong lol

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I might give you a gigantic wall of text after work because I can dissect your argument..its just that I don't feel like it. This game is not worth me stressing over any more and that includes these half ***** arguments that have been thrown around.

What's The Point

Smash Master
I don't even understand the arguments.

There seemed to be arguing over how fun MK vs MK Banned events are. That is obviously a stupid question since fun is subjective. Plus doubles sucks without MK.

Then I guess it went to MK Banned being better for the growth of skill? The idea is that people need to get overall better because our general skill level is a tad low. MK being involved is mostly irrelevant. Though obviously removing an element that the rest of the country doesn't would only hurt, as would focusing solely on MK. The thing is with MK being legal you don't have to focus solely on him, some people just think you do.

D

Deleted member

And goddy the same goes with you. You have been away from the smash acene for some time now. In all honesty do you really care that much for this game? Because if you do it didnt show when you just walked out not letting anyone know that you where leaving at he first get schooled.

I can't make it out to tournaments as often as I'd like because in order for me to do so I have to either

Request 2 days off which is 16 hours , gas to go to the tourney, the tourney itself and other **** I might have to get

or

Marathon that **** like I have been working 11pm-8am and just staying up the whole day till like 5ish then getting a couple hours sleep before I have to be back to work I tried entering singles one time and it didn't work out so well being so tired

But this is neither here nor there and shouldn't even be discussed

You can run these joke tournaments all you want but when yore running them for the wrong reasons and when it comes to making something like a PR how could these even be considered?

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Joke of a tournament? Do you realize we arent the first to ban mk at a tourny apperently texas is doing it also and i have seen more and more experimental things. Obviously you think that just because a tournament is not running from the normal ruleset it is a joke. There have been national tournaments latley with eiher rc or brinstar banned i believe it was ktar cant remember 100% though i believe apex is having both rc and brinstar bann. Are these joke tournaments? No. Neither is this.

You also do have to realize in order for tech to run a tournament like this he has to get it approved by atleast half of the bbr-rc. And it was approved by them, they are all for experimental rulesets apperently.

About the whole pr thing its not under my discretion but from what i have heard thy are counting sort of to go towards the pr.

And te only reason i made that comment about you was because you just totally ditched the tournament witout letting anyone know. All im saying about that is it was a bit disrespectful to just leave, next time just let someone know so we can figure out what to do next and such.

D

Deleted member

Except you aren't banning stages you're banning a whole character for reasons none other than QQing or at least from what I've seen

Roller

Smash Legend
Other concerns I do have is that this tpurnemt ran on too long, probably because grand finals went to game 10 and losers went to game 5. If your allowed to due experimental rulesets I wouldn't mind doing a 2 stock 5 minute tournament. Maybe that's just me.

2 stock should be 6 minutes. 5 minutes makes timeouts easier and will ultimately encourage them.

I might give you a gigantic wall of text after work because I can dissect your argument..its just that I don't feel like it. This game is not worth me stressing over any more and that includes these half ***** arguments that have been thrown around.
I would love to be shown why my arguments are half ***** :). And what? Don't be stressed. I just want to have a friendly debate. I like arguing, and I think this is an important topic.

Though obviously removing an element that the rest of the country doesn't would only hurt, as would focusing solely on MK. The thing is with MK being legal you don't have to focus solely on him, some people just think you do.
Thank you.

DRDN

Smash Master
Your boy goddy has no excuse I went to bamf after working 11 hours and still had a good time he could have came and got owned in brawl and MvC3

I'm not being salty just tired of hearing crying over and over. I didn't cry about mk just when they brought up the ban I was in support to grow our community...as for create my own mk banned tourney...tech already did that then mk mains started crying causing this whole thing so that statement you made was pointless just trying to turn everything I said around...FAIL especially since you. Tell me to quit for real when I haven't seen you at a tourney in how long and your still here?

Uhh... Is it just me or should we respect the opinions of veteran players a bit more? So what goddy hasn't entered much recently. He's been playing the game a long *** time. Is your counter argument to everything he says that he needs to enter more tournaments? That's weak at best.

DRDN

Smash Master
My argument is that his argument was childish and a fail he turned everything I said around but it doesn't work because its exactly what we did

And my problem with goddy is him calling me bad at marvel without being able to beat me. Bigdaddy did the same thing then we played irl and I think we have more respect for each others gameplay

D

Deleted member

My argument is that his argument was childish and a fail he turned everything I said around but it doesn't work because its exactly what we did

And my problem with goddy is him calling me bad at marvel without being able to beat me. Bigdaddy did the same thing then we played irl and I think we have more respect for each others gameplay

you just keep saying the same **** over and over and I've already said why I think it was ********

and I'm pretty sure we've never played offline soooooooo?? what the **** does this have to do anything like
honestly

Top Bottom