• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Schooled! - 3rd Semester - The training course for SIIS6! $5 entry!

_Kain_

Smash Champion
MW doesn't even have good MK mains. The fact that the ban is occuring here first out of all places is kind of shocking tbh lmao. And IMO the wrong thing is being experimented first. It should be Brinstar and RC seeing as how people CP you to those stages when you lose then proceed to go MK.

D

Deleted member

MW doesn't even have good MK mains. The fact that the ban is occuring here first out of all places is kind of shocking tbh lmao. And IMO the wrong thing is being experimented first. It should be Brinstar and RC seeing as how people CP you to those stages when you lose then proceed to go MK.
People are just salty they're losing to sub par MKs

I've been saying this all day

kain with that cold hard truth. no MI :metaknight: comes close to making the char 'broken' (other dan lainz). i've sat down and played m2k, ally, tyrant, atomsk, judge, lain, etc. for extended periods of time and their MKs are on totally diff levels than like me or kenny (no offense baby). it seems to me like people are sick of losing to the same char and just want him banned to make things easier. instead of actually learning the MU.

BigDaddy4

Smash Journeyman
kain with that cold hard truth. no MI :metaknight: comes close to making the char 'broken' (other dan lainz). i've sat down and played m2k, ally, atomsk, judge, lain, etc. for extended periods of time and their MKs are on totally diff levels than like me or kenny (no offense baby). it seems to me like people are sick of losing to the same char and just want him banned to make things easier. instead of actually learning the MU.
I think hes refering to MW in general, apparently IL is the same way now. There are no good mks in the midwest.

D

Deleted member

That's my point yet you talk **** about my game. Come get your butt whooped and well be cool but if the only interaction we've had in marvel is me winning an online tourney you got boddied at don't try to say I suck

:phone:
yo we didn't even play in that tourney lmfao

we've played a couple casual matches online why the **** are you so mad

sorry the only phoenix player i respect is viscant

dude you won a aif tourney and a side event at a brawl tourney

congrats youre the best smelling ****

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
yo we didn't even play in that tourney lmfao

we've played a couple casual matches online why the **** are you so mad

sorry the only phoenix player i respect is viscant

dude you won a aif tourney and a side event at a brawl tourney

congrats youre the best smelling ****
Placing higher then the best in the state. Going 9-12 against him earlier that day. What have you done...?

And we would have faced if you could have made it to WF or GF

D

Deleted member

Placing higher then the best in the state. Going 9-12 against him earlier that day. What have you done...?

dude go to an actual mvc3 tourney and place top 3 if you want bragging rights

D

Deleted member

If we could only contain your stupid

and power our cars off of it

Boxxy

Smash Lord
my favorite part is how people keep calling gio salty and whiney when the whole reason why this tourney was held was because a certain someone was the exact same way :)

i'm so glad i quit. just reading these "arguments" is making feel stupider.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
Man you guys are so dumb.

How are you going to ban MK and there aren't even any good MKs here? I think you guys are just using MK as a sorry excuse not to get better. It's not hard to beat MK, the game is just outsmarting your opponent, I'm sure I could beat everyone's MK who wants the ban with like 80% of the roster.

kenny GOING IN. also when you respond to an argument with something like 'you're just salty' or 'stop whining' in my eyes that's like two 4 year olds getting into an argument, and one of them doesnt know what to say any more and just calls the other person a 'stupid head' or 'buttface' or something. when the petty insults come out, you pretty much know you've made arguments that your opponent has no real answers to.

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
Regardless, what would you guys get out of banning MK? You think you'd place higher? The placings would stay the same, you all act like Michigan has hordes of MK or something.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
Top 5 of almost every mk allowed tourney has had an MK in about 4 slots and let's not forget the dubs tourney that had a minimum of 1 mk on EVERY team

Gio I told you to stop being salty because you were being salty not because I couldn't argue more...saying that the other person doesn't have an arguement because they called you salty AFTER making their point is you just avoiding their point and basically calling them a buttface

Oh and goddy you going to ranbats this week?

_Azure_

Smash Journeyman
This tourney shows that the people who play MK still win... I'm sure if I was there I would have taken top 3 easily.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
What I find REALLY ******** is that people are arguing over something that was 110% experimental. For those of you who don't understand such a simple word, here is the definition.

ex·per·i·men·tal Adjective /ikˌsperəˈmen(t)l/
1. (of a new invention or product) Based on untested ideas or techniques and not yet established or finalized.​

Does that definition say final? No.

Tech_Chase clearly stated when he decided that this tourney was going to be completely :metaknight: banned, it was for experimental purposes only. All he ever said on the matter was that the tourney was fun, and that he would consider hosting more :metaknight: banned tourneys in the future. I never saw a single post stating that "ALL future Technical_Chase tourneys in Michigan are :metaknight: banned."

Why the **** would anyone believe that the TOs in Michigan, Tech and myself, would all of a sudden host tourneys that are 100% :metaknight: banned thus beginning the era of a :metaknight: banned Michigan? That is not only silly, but that is just down right ********. I know our state isn't the best in the Midwest, but why would we wanna destroy our own future of OoS/OoR performance?

I have stated that in my opinion, the things that relate to :metaknight:'s dominance lies in the stages and in doubles (hence my double MK banned BAMF 3/4 and no Brinstar)

Everyone who has posted on this matter (Gio, Goddy, DRDN mainly) has said the same thing repeatedly and it is just getting redundant to read every post that bumps this thread lol. I truly believe that this topic of discussion should end because it will honestly go no where >_>;

Please guys, lets quit being 10 and pointing fingers and act like mature players.

/KoolOriBro Rant

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Kalle, I tried to explain everything you just did (very well done I might add) but everyone is too busy accusing each other of being salty to actually read facts so why waste my time? All I've ever done was try to help our scene grow. I throw ONE MK banned tournament to see how it goes and clearly state I dont plan on making all my future events like this and everyone starts crying. Lmao. Like for all of your half ***** arguments you are all missing the point completely.

I am requesting this thread be locked. Y'all are acting as childish as **** right now and dont even know why you're doing it ...and leaving this thread open serves no purpose anyway.

That's MI Brawl for you I guess.

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
*feels like i was also responsible for this argument* ori i have absolutely no problem with this being experimental, it's just i'm very annoyed with people complaining about a character and wanting them banned in the first place. honestly i don't even know why i posted in the first place *feels stupid*

why does this **** always happen to me? i post a rant or something then later i regret posting that and feel stupid. **** me and my 15 year old mindset

D

Deleted member

i dont plan on making all my future events like this

enemies of the imperium hear me: You have come here to die
the immortal emporer is with us and we are invincible
his soldiers will strike you down

his war machines will crush you under their treads
his mighty guns will bring the very sky crashing down upon you
you cannot win

D

Deleted member

You can think you won something but basically you just wasted peoples time

We fight the long war, not through vain notions of duty and honour, but through a far purer purpose: hatred. At the height of our glory we were betrayed and cast out by our kin. Guilliman, Dorn, Sanguinius - these are names I curse. Horus, Perturabo, Angron - these are names I revere, names I would follow to the very end. It is this hatred that has sustained me through the long millennia. I tend it with bitterness. I nurture it with the deaths of my former brothers. For I know that when the end is upon us and Horus is returned, then the false emperor shall be cast down from his sepulchral Golden Throne, and we shall take our rightful place at the side of Horus, the true Emperor of Mankind.

D

Deleted member

Why the **** would anyone believe that the TOs in Michigan, Tech and myself, would all of a sudden host tourneys that are 100% :metaknight: banned thus beginning the era of a :metaknight: banned Michigan? That is not only silly, but that is just down right ********.

I know our state isn't the best in the Midwest, but why would we wanna destroy our own future of OoS/OoR performance?

HEY WE DONT WANT TO DESTROY OUR OWN FUTURE OF OOS PERFORMANCE

brb hosting mk banned tourneys

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Don't feel stupid your just joining the MI Brawl Family

Stop trying to make me feel better. Do you really expect me to not feel stupid for taking part of a stupid and pointless argument that's getting us nowhere? That's something I deserve to feel stupid about.

Not only that, but I'm looking down at this argument that I took part of. Not only I feel stupid, but I feel indecisive. It's like when I wanted to quit Brawl, but I'm still playing.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
yes plz lock this thread cuz people have different opinions

ban us too
Yes you do have different opinions, but when you post the exact same opinion 20 times in a slightly different manor it gets very old fast.

Also, Apasher at least you realize where you faulted.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
yes plz lock this thread cuz people have different opinions

ban us too
This entire argument is stupid.

That's why I want this thread locked. Do you honestly believe I am afraid to argue your points? I have already have and you want to go into this further we can do so. I just personally don't feel like this is the place anymore because the current the discussion isn't productive.

Actually screw it.

Your argument:

You're all salty and Tech, you're using your own personal agenda to run MK banned tournaments. Because you hosted one MK banned tournament, its going to automatically cause everyone to follow suit and now MK will be banned in MI and we're going to fail as a state.
Goddy's:

You're salty and you just need to deal with MK. Also I'm the world's worst troll.
Okay, you want to argue? Let's get this **** of the way now:

For the 14th time, not all of future my tournaments will not be Metaknight banned. I don't understand why you don't get that, Gio. Do I have wave a banner in front of your face? I did an experiment and it was successful. I'm sorry if you don't like that but other people had a lot of fun. And I might fun a tournament in the same format every once in a while. That doesn't mean that I would just outright ban Metaknight in Michigan. Its rather insulting to me that you think that I would use my own personal agenda (that doesn't even exist) just to get rid of Metaknight. And honestly that is what you're implying and that's where I have a problem with your argument.

Everything I do is for this state and to help better us as a whole. I wanted to try something a little different that I thought people would have fun at and I succeeded. Definitely pleased about that as well. But it's not going to be a standard until Metaknight is banned nationally (IF that ever happens). At the same time, I don't need you or anyone else telling me how to run my tournaments. I have done charity work for Michigan for well over a year now. You do understand, that we would not have a scene if I hadn't taken the reigns last year right? So I have more than earned the right to play around with the standard if I want. But at the end of the day I always have our better interest in mind. I mean **** I have always hated your character but I dealt with it and I will still deal with it because he's a part of the game. But the fact that you're trying to tell me that I'm just being salty and taking out on you guys is ********.

On the flip side you seem to be completely ignoring the fact that your character IS broken. Your character IS dominating Michigan and the metagame as a whole by FAR and don't act like he isn't. Your character IS NOT fun for a lot of people to play against. Your character IS ban worthy.

All I wanted (and others) was a break. That's it.

So I mean let's look at all the angles here because you seem to be ignoring that part. You're so busying calling everyone salty that you seemed to forgot that you play Metaknight. You knew when you got into Brawl that MK was a pretty dominant character in this game. Just like I have take responsibility for playing D3 and his flaws you have to take into account that you play MK, he's the best character in the game by a large margin and some people have a negative view on him. Why are you all surprised that people aren't opposing an MK banned tournament. Your character makes the game not fun for a lot of people. And thats also why some people stopped showing up to tournaments or attend less now. Keep that in mind too while you're at it.

I mean what else do you want to throw at me Gio? We're arguing for really no good reason. You THINK you have a point but in hindsight you don't. If MK werent as good as he was or if I had plans to ban him permanently here, I wouldnt be responding. But you're wrong.

So when are you going to stop throwing the same half ***** argument at me because honestly you've repeated the same thing 20 times in the past month. And the best part is that your argument is spawned from your own misconception. Do you just plan on ignoring the relevant parts of my posts and hope it all goes away so you can say you won? Because its not going to go down like that.

Top Bottom