• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GIGaBrawl - and Melee! - July 25th and 26th - Lawrence, Kansas - VENUE CHANGED!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
this is VERY IMPORTANT - right now the venue is providing a butt load of tvs but only a couple wiis - if you have a wii with brawl, bring it. same goes for melee - if you have a cube/wii with melee, bring it. systems are way more important then tvs, though more tvs would be nice

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm bringing a Wii & Gamecube, both w/ Melee, but if there isn't a shortage of Melee then I can turn the Wii into a Brawl + set-up for friendlies if anyone wants to try it.
(sunday only)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
wait wait wait
melee singles pools?
there aren't going to be that many people.....

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I'll be bringing my wii of course
Be sure to take your custom brstm songs off the stages. There's no way in hell a serious match can be played while Maccaron Chaccaron is playing in the background.

Keep that **** on there for friendlies though :)

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
turnout? with the people i know coming 40ish people, however game nut is advertising this so we may get more scrubs. for melee 20ish people. not too big i know but honestly the venue cant hold that many more people

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Be sure to take your custom brstm songs off the stages. There's no way in hell a serious match can be played while Maccaron Chaccaron is playing in the background.

Keep that **** on there for friendlies though :)
Agreed although the same thing can be said about textures >.0

Wait Maccaron that's just too good >.<

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
turnout? with the people i know coming 40ish people, however game nut is advertising this so we may get more scrubs. for melee 20ish people. not too big i know but honestly the venue cant hold that many more people
they'd better be advertising BYOC..... lol....

strong bad + big e gonna take doubles

i'm taking singles

calling it right now.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Fun news! I've talked it over with Stealth, and after Brawl singles on Saturday we should be able to squeeze in a $1 side event with Balanced Brawl. For anyone who doesn't know what Balanced Brawl is...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=239604

We're going to be running a "standard release candidate" version; it should be fun!

For those curious, the rules are the same as the standard tournament other than the stage list which, due to balance tweaks, can afford to be more liberal. Specifically...

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Delfino Plaza
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
WiFi Training Room (select Hanenbow)

Counterpick

Luigi's Mansion
Mushroomy Kingdom 1-1 (hold X or Y)
Mario Circuit
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Pokemon Stadium 2
Castle Siege
Distant Planet
PictoChat
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Onett
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Brinstar

[contrary to what you may think, with the balance changes making so many stages better, this is actually a conservative list!]

This version of Balanced Brawl should be really refined, and I look forward to getting a chance to see it in action among the many quality players that will be there, especially since my partner in design Thinkaman will be there too.

Of course, it's just a side event so don't let it distract you too much. Gigabrawl should be awesome all around!

PortCity

Smash Ace
Any action going on Saturday night after the venue closes? We are trying to figure out when exactly we will show up. The big question becomes, when will this crew battle take place. I suspect Sunday or Saturday night. It seems like Iowa is planning on leaving late Sunday evening. So that sounds like there will be some Brawl played on Sunday. If nothing is happening Saturday night then we will show up Sunday for friendlies and the crew battle. If games will be played Saturday night we will be in Kansas City early. Can anyone confirm what is happening Saturday night?

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Where
- Game Nut
- 844 Massachusetts St, Lawrence, KS‎

Alright guys time for the third edition of GIGaBrawl! There will also be Melee, so no johns to you people out there who play melee! This is a circuit event for brawl for the MW:W. This will take place in the conference center of the Regnier Center at JCCC, quite possibly the best venue in the midwest. Rules for the venue- this IS a college campus, and should be treated as such. NO ALCOHOL! if you guys need to smoke, you must do it in the designated areas of the campus (there are clue signs up) or they can arrest you. Bring change for vending machines, and we can direct you to nearby food establishments. Here is a map of the campus, the building to the northwest (upper right) is the regnier center. http://www.johnco.cc.ks.us/home/image/6035/
it will be on the main floor of the Regnier Center. If you have any questions talk to me or InfernoRage

I'm reading this thread for the first time and I'm having trouble understanding the first post. Is this tournament at a place called Game Nut or is it at JCCC where it used to be?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I need housing too. I'm just now looking at this page, and I haven't touched brawl in about a month :(. So I need some warm ups the night before. Affinity, are you staying at any housing? I need some MK tips before the tournament lol.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'm going. I'd like to head out of Marion by 4pm today. I'm going by myself for now, but if you want to carpool that would be awesome!

And I'm from St. Louis basically. I don't care where housing is at though. I'd drive an extra hour to play against good players.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Rumor has it Brawl crews will be Sunday. There seems to be 3 Crews confirmed: Missouri (Kit, etc), Kansas (Affinity, etc) and Iowa (Joker, etc).

Cook

Smash Master
Rumor has it Brawl crews will be Sunday. There seems to be 3 Crews confirmed: Missouri (Kit, etc), Kansas (Affinity, etc) and Iowa (Joker, etc).
Eh, I don't think MO can do a crew if it's Sunday, the Columbians and the St. Louis folk are leaving Saturday night.

Top Bottom