• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God Kais Present OC#2 " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 1" Fairfield, OH (Sep. 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@AZ: I'm not saying that simplistic strategies aren't viable nor useful, but rather that oversimplification (i.e. "one move makes a matchup") is bad for your reputation as a player should you lose. I didn't mean to be malicious to OS, but I mean if he really thinks I meant it that way then I'll just let him have what he wants. OS is a great player who is underestimated by everybody because people get annoyed at him and jeer/laugh at him all the time for being refuted for simple statements like "down tilt ***** Sonic completely". It's similar to Inui, except I place a greater faith in OS (but once I see Inui play myself that might change). It's stupid to have people look down on your region, especially a top player, just because they said something that was correct (down tilt DOES put Sonic on the ropes, lol) and would only be wrong in that it doesn't encompass EVERYTHING about the subject.

As a case in point for simple strategies, my strategy for Marth v. Sonic is this:

Stand still.

It works, but obviously doesn't encompass everything about the matchup and isn't really the ONLY thing I need to do. If I advertise this statement and I lose, it makes me look bad...if I was a top player I probably wouldn't care that much, it'd just hurt perceptions of the region and potentially attendance for that very reason (i.e. Midwest has dumb stages and annoying people, let's NOT go there) or something. I might just be looking too deep into that kind of reasoning though, so w/e.

Listening to the podcast again, he didn't actually make that statement at all. My bad, OS. You got me again XD; My point still stands about simplification of matchups, I guess.

lain

Smash Master
OS the only reason you would've beaten sonics with "just dtilting" would be because they sucked. Now, sonic is a ****ty character and all, but Shugo made sonic's strengths seem more pressuring and tries to cover his weaknesses.

But don't feel bad, Shugo has ***** like every MK.

And calling out Clowsui just cause you 1. were wrong and 2. feel bad about your self does not give it any excuse.

Also @ Kel: **** talk is fun. It's part of smash, and you've going to have to stop being a baby and get over it. You play high level smash now, so people are GOING to root against you. If you can't handle one guy **** talking you, you're going to get absolutely ***** if you go to another region (hint: west coast). I'm sorry I bumped into you during your match with AZ, but you won THAT match anyways. However, you lost the set and thought it was appropriate to take it out on me by SCREAMING DIRECTLY INTO MY EAR when I was playing YBM.

If you (or anyone for that matter) does that, I will pause the game and punch you directly in the face. I REALLY hate people screaming in my ear (no, really).

Which isn't to say I already have forgotten and forgave. Cause I know the circumstances. You know after every tournament we're always cool and stuff. BECAUSE THE COMPETITIVE GAYNESS IS OVER.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also, does it count for me using ROB if I only lost with ROB/ XD

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Wow... Uh? Looking at these recent posts, I think I'll hold my thoughts for the results thread... What's taking so long on that?

Nope

Smash Lord
Lain: what Mr. E said. LOL. Regardless, when you split, you run into the problem of: well Anther was still in winners and already beat you once. That is the risk you take for splitting and not even playing out the finals.
Anther and Lain didn't want to split, The Venue Kicked us out before they could finish =(

lain

Smash Master
Yeah. A split is a split. It would be unfair for me to be in winner's, ask to split, and then still be recognized as the without-a-doubt winner.

AZ is just being a 'tard right now.
god kais

e__

Smash Ace
Lain, I don't understand how you play high. I tried saturday night at a friends house and I couldn't do decent for the life of me. How blazed do you get?

clowsui

Smash Legend
ed do you remember what happened when we went to the competition and we slept at 5:00 am at my house?

you didn't learn, i see.

> = (

Kel

Smash Master
Lain, the yelling "yeahhh go ybm" in your ear was for bumping me AND rooting against me right next to me. I don't think you realize how obnoxious your constant disrespect toward me is- so I took all of that frustration, bottled it up, and threw it right back toward you.

I told you, if someone roots against me, I root right back against them. I've done it to you, I've done it to Infern, I've done it to Chi. If you think "getting rooted against is just part of the game" that's fine if you think like that. However, I don't do it because it's a butthole thing to do- UNLESS you do it against me. Then all bets are off and I'll do it back at you.

I yelled by you because, especially that day, you seemed to be seeking me out with the specific intent to be an *** wipe to me. So I was vindictive and did it back. If you've got a problem with it you can A) Not root against me every chance you get, or at least hold better sportsmanship, or B) follow through with your threat of violence and see what happens next.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
hehe a man goes to the Cincinnati outlets/Labor day fireworkfs for one day without checking the threads and this is what I come home to...hehe

Tomorrow I got some really special shout outs for you all....
And E_ I'll make sure I get that CD to you cause i've been wanting to get it to you...

lain

Smash Master
Kel, as of right now I'm now aware that you thought I was "out for you" that day. I wasn't, trust me. I have NOTHING against you, it's all just **** talk during games. Think about this: People ALWAYS root for the underdog in matches.

The bump was OBVIOUSLY unintentional. I don't go kicking people in the **** when they step on my feet accidentally. And screaming in people's ears is completely unacceptable to do, unless YOU YOURSELF are looking for violence, which I'm sure you were after thinking I was "after you". I sort of noticed too that I always happened to be rooting for someone that you were playing, but it was like 3 games.

Again, DO NOT. scream in my ear. If I cheer against you, go ahead and cheer against me (you would do it anyways, think about that). I'll try to reserve just rooting for MI people and stuff. But try not to stand next to the side of my face and talk REALLY loud.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
TT__TT D'aw..! Hey guys, let's uh-- uhm, uhm.. calm down, yes? I uh-- think that uh, well, uh, the event is over, so let's try not to dwell on it? I mean, uhm, that it shouldn't really be.. that much of an issue? Maybe you guys can apologize to each other and forget the whole thing? Going back and forth may not uhm, get anywhere.. and friends shouldn't argue! So be friends, drop the issue, and smile again? D:? I mean, Brawl is just a game, it should... be played for fun..! Sorry, if I don't make much sense.. I just hope you guys can settle your differences and play the game to play and not be angry! Ah-- I'm sorry.. good luck guys! I'm sure you both played really well! Accidents do happen, but just apologize and.. move on.. yeah.. yeah..! TT__TT! So have a nice day guys and smile and have fun! No more arguing please!

wangston

Smash Lord
AZ or some one left a usb cord in my wii. I turned it over to infern because he will probably see the owner of this cable before i do.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
TT__TT D'aw..! Hey guys, let's uh-- uhm, uhm.. calm down, yes? I uh-- think that uh, well, uh, the event is over, so let's try not to dwell on it? I mean, uhm, that it shouldn't really be.. that much of an issue? Maybe you guys can apologize to each other and forget the whole thing? Going back and forth may not uhm, get anywhere.. and friends shouldn't argue! So be friends, drop the issue, and smile again? D:? I mean, Brawl is just a game, it should... be played for fun..! Sorry, if I don't make much sense.. I just hope you guys can settle your differences and play the game to play and not be angry! Ah-- I'm sorry.. good luck guys! I'm sure you both played really well! Accidents do happen, but just apologize and.. move on.. yeah.. yeah..! TT__TT! So have a nice day guys and smile and have fun! No more arguing please!
I'm only posting in the middle of the drama to point out that you have absurdly good grammar and punctuation. I'm impressed. And I don't say that often.

lain

Smash Master
No drama. Everything is fine, I was just really peeved about what happened, but it's all over and none of us were really angry with each other afterwards so w/e.

I just have a really huge pet peeve about it. But it's fine. Kel explained and I said I was sorry.

Today has AMAZING stream-of-thought way of writing.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I can't... stop laughing... I keep reading it over and over... It's too funny but I... can't... look... away...

Zicore

Smash Champion
Trash talk is part of the game, especially in MW. I find it hard to believe you could seriously get upset by something like trash talking, no matter what degree it is. The game is FOR FUN (unless you're in it for the money, then its work). The whole point of the entirety of the game is to HAVE FUN with FRIENDS! What a novel concept. I think you should seriously take a look at yourself if you can't handle trash talking in a competitive, YET FUN, game.

Also, lain is able to play like that cause he isn't a *****. Good **** Lain <3

sai_:)

Smash Ace
....oh my god Today may be the most polite person on earth. nobody on smash boards is this freakishly polite.

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
Trash talk is part of the game, especially in MW. I find it hard to believe you could seriously get upset by something like trash talking, no matter what degree it is. The game is FOR FUN (unless you're in it for the money, then its work). The whole point of the entirety of the game is to HAVE FUN with FRIENDS! What a novel concept. I think you should seriously take a look at yourself if you can't handle trash talking in a competitive, YET FUN, game.

Also, lain is able to play like that cause he isn't a *****. Good **** Lain <3
yeah i totally agree with this guy and his fact on how to make the game fun maybe you should explain this to other players that do not understand this *cough* Z aka 01011010 *cough*

:chuckle:

PS

i saved a replay on someones wii if anyone has a sonic replay that was just recently saved could you message me on my profile. i think it was setup #2.
sorry for doing this to your wii :/

clowsui

Smash Legend
i saved a replay the second tv (close to the back room) on the table on the left side of the arcade (viewed from the entrance). it's a snake v. marth replay, my replay was one of like...only 7 replays. about 2:54 seconds long, red snake bright blue marth on fd. if i could get a vid of that that would be amazing.

wangston needs to upload me v count.

Mr.E

Smash Lord
so I heard u leik mudkipz there was a three-day weekend or some shiz and the GOD KAIS !! should totally put up a results thread soon

Joshkip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Joshkip
3DS FC
0447-5552-4282
so I heard u leik mudkipz there was a three-day weekend or some shiz and the GOD KAIS !! should totally put up a results thread soon
i saw what u did there >_>

also yes they have been spending to much free time doing nothing

god kais are lazy

Zicore

Smash Champion
'Tis sad that only one or two people will be able to take anything from my previous post...

*sigh*

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
I can't... stop laughing... I keep reading it over and over... It's too funny but I... can't... look... away...
D: Ah-- I'm sorry..

@sai Oh, dear no! I'm just a bit worried is all! But please disregard what I said. TT__TT; I noticed it may have sounded bad..

And mm, I hope the results come up soon as well! I wouldn't mind seeing how far people have gotten! I'm sure they will be up! It takes time and it is a holiday, so they could be celebrating!

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
i saw what u did there >_>

also yes they have been spending to much free time doing nothing

god kais are lazy
**** you fish head... We ain't got the results. They will be here as soon as the arcade legends guy uploads them...Be patient

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom