• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Golden Sun: The Lost Age (of) Mafia -Game Over! Indy Alex wins!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I dunno if I can trust this Furious Tiger.

I mean , what if it attacked me ?

I may lift, but I don't think I can fist fight with a tiger.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
This, my mafia'ites, is Weyard. (French Edition!)
Weyard is the universe in which the events of Golden Sun & The Lost Age takes place. It is a world on the brink of ruin, as all is at risk of being consumed by Gaia Falls. Thousands of years ago, the world was a place of prosperity, as Alchemy flourished and Mankind's influence reached an all time high.
Mankind harnessed the powers of Alchemy to unlock the secrets of Psynergy, mystical energy able to tap into the power of the four natural elements (Mars, Mercury, Venus, and Jupiter) to perform great feats of healing and wonder, but also of destruction.
Unfortunately, mankind's advancement proved too much, too fast, and the world was plunged into war. The secrets of alchemy were lost to the world, and the only remnant of the Golden Age of Man remains in the 4 elemental lighthouses and the cultures that protect them.
There are some who would see that Golden Age return, no matter what the cost. Every year, more and more of Weyard is consumed by the falls as the world marches steadily towards destruction. Hope lies in the hands of you, the Adepts. Dangerous forces have conspired to steal the Elemental Stars from Sol Sanctum, in the sanctuary of Vale. By using the elemental stars to light each of the four lighthouses, the world will once again shine with the light of the Golden Sun, and alchemy will return to the world.
But who will control such a mighty power? That.... is up to you.
DAY 1 BEGINS
Votecount 1.1

1. Inferno3044
2. WashedLaundry
3. Red Ruy
4. Scylla & Charybdis (adumbrodeus/Swiss hydra)
5. KevinM
6. Anomandaris_Rake
7. traveling cat
8. Potassium
9. Furio Tigre (BarDulL/Nabe)
10. Inglorious ******* (JTB/Gheb_01)
11. Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth)
12. Rid****ulous (PJB/Orbo)
13. Frozenflame751
Count
Not Voting: Everyone!
Deadline is Saturday, April 27th at 11:59 PM AST!​
With 13 alive, 7 to lynch!​

Kantrip

Kantplay
adum's justification for calling me town is weak.

Gheb pushing me really hard is iffy to me.

Everyone being generally annoyed with me or thinking I'm scum is fine.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@Gheb: The reason I made all the yellow text shenanigans was to make people more likely to buy into the stance actually being real. I couldn't do it the exact same way I've been doing it every game. With 2 stances I call "jokes" and one I pre-face with THIS IS SUPER SERIOUS AND NOT A JOKE, the third stance will be likely to catch everyone's attention, by contrast.

Kantrip

Kantplay
What did I see it as, exactly ?
"Pulling the same **** I have for the past 4 games" or whatever you said.

I took that to mean you realized I was never serious in any of the other games so you saw it as stupid and didn't take it seriously.

@IR: You're missing the point completely. You're the exception to that statement.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oh, and Kantrip, your record as stands with games with me in them and doing this :

Puzzle Bobble :
------------------

You: Indy
Ryu: Town something or other

Earthbound
---------------
You : town
Ryu: town

BiM
-------------
You : scum
Ryu: town

this time makes 4, so in all accuracy you cannot say everytime you've done this as town, Ryu's been scum. But that point is moot

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

"Pulling the same **** I have for the past 4 games" or whatever you said.

I took that to mean you realized I was never serious in any of the other games so you saw it as stupid and didn't take it seriously.

@IR: You're missing the point completely. You're the exception to that statement.
Yeah that's close enough I guess.

Now tell me, beyond hating RVS with a passion, Why ?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Every time I see his gifs in pre-game I feel like calling him scum, that's why. There's really no good reasoning. Do you have a feel for my alignment yet? How about the slots responding to me? Particularly adum and IR

rid****ulous

Smash Journeyman
Kantrip is deffo scum, and we should lynch him now

vote: Potassium

I'm completely serious about this in every way.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

That was probably joker.

Kantrip, I've moved you from null scum , to null with an itty bitty teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini town read.

Swiss/Adumb haven' t moved for me.

RR is null now. Waiting to see what he does with you.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oh, you said IR. Derp

What did I have them as before ? Null scum I think.

They can probably sit there, see no reason to move them

Kantrip

Kantplay
Kantrip is deffo scum, and we should lynch him now

vote: Potassium

I'm completely serious about this in every way.
You see, this is my point.

I take this as both a joke AND a jab at my style because you have nothing to back it up.

Oh and I deffo did this in Dining Philosoper's too, that's where I was town and RR was scum (but tbh the pressure was still not a legit read, it's how he responds to it that matters)

Kantrip

Kantplay
For the record I don't give a **** about your RVS Zenreads, Rake. I want real reads, so stop referring to "what you had them at before".

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Aight, I'm here for the moment.

Kantrip is really bad. Like, really, really bad. But his play is still scummy. I just am not completely convinced of his scumminess yet. I'm not playing the "let's find scummies before the game even starts" game, that's chibo-level horse****, but his actions in pregame are peculiar to say the least and fairly scummy.

That said, despite his weird inconsistencies in his actions, I do remember Kantplay being ****ty gambit guy from like a year ago so pulling a ****ty gambit and then panicking when it fails doesn't seem too out-of-character for him. It's not a pass for his play but it's definitely something to stop me from jumping straight on the lynch wagon.

Adumb's defense of it was horse****. "I've seen him do this as town all the time radarada he's badtown, ignore him" is bad and he should feel bad. Even if this is a dumb vs. scum case, he needs to flesh it out a lot more than he did and a few posts in pregame (I'mma keep stressing this guys, pregame means jack **** to me) are definitely not enough to make that call, not in a case like this. DumbA strikes again, I suppose.

I have no read on IR for it though. Typical Gheb is typical. Salt levels too strong with a strong dose of tunnel and he even cut the explanations for it. If that's not cookie cutter, I-haven't-changed-how-I-play-in-3-years Gheb, I don't know what is.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

That is my real read. I had them there before, due to RVS, and no post by IR so far has made me change my mind about my baseless suspicions. Therefore they sit at the same level as before. Not sure why this is tough for you to understand.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

And you should care, considering your the one who asked about them.

In point of fact, I'm not sure why you asked me in this instance what my read on them was , I had made no suggestion that it had changed from RVS, and I don't see why from your POV I would have changed it due to how he's interacting with you. Were you expecting some sort of shift in perspective because I've changed how I feel about you ?

The only thing worth any space in my notes is the fact Gheb went out of his way to point out how good a point Kevmo made, and then to add a tack-onish point , being "It's not what he's doing, it's how he's responding". Why did Gheb need to pat Kevmo on the back ? Obviously Kevmo knew he was making a good point, or else he wouldn't have made it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I'd like the people voting Kantrip to tell me why what he did initially is scummy over dumb, and how his immediate response strengthens that. In addition to why Kantrip needs to go to all this trouble ? Did he simply get caught out again, and needs to back track ?

I especially want Ridick to do this.

More people should vote where I am, but I guess that can wait

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Yo, Kantplay, go more in-depth on that IR read. You say he's the exception to everyone voting you (albeit Riddick's noncommittal crap is grody as ****) but you never specify why or really explain it. Why is your vote there? What are you doing with it?

I'd like the people voting Kantrip to tell me why what he did initially is scummy over dumb, and how his immediate response strengthens that. In addition to why Kantrip needs to go to all this trouble ? Did he simply get caught out again, and needs to back track ?
I'm not voting him (not yet anyway), but you're likely going to get the bolded as a response. Maybe also a "read ********" too but eh, I digress.

Gogdammit Rake you have itsy bitsy teeny weeny yellow polka dot bikini stuck in my head now.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Not the worst song to get stuck in your head. Which version though ? Paul Vance or Brian Hyland ?

I'm fully aware people will feel inclined to spit that back at me , but then again I'm only really interested in the first part of that question. Call the second one, an investment in the future.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Frozen I trust you're going to be super active this game?

Are we town bros?

I wonder allowed... TELL ME SOMETHING ONLY THE TOWNIEST OF FROZENFLAMES WOULD KNOW.

WIN THIS GAME FOR ME ON D1 SO THAT I CAN CARRY THE TORCH THROUGHOUT THE REST OF THE CAME THE VETS WILL RISE AGAIN.

Iight but seriously doe you town? You helpin me out? You ridin this Choo Choo train with me?

Which Choo Choo you ask?

Why the Rake Choo Choo of course

Vote Rake

Smooth ride, all seats must go all first class available with luxury seating.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
But so damn handsome, and so damn right.

Hey if we don't kill Rake which we like def should I'm thinking Laundry is also a good scum candidate..

Might be arsed to switch to laundry.

If i were to play the asinine scum percentage chance game wheel of fortune it would look a lot like

Rake 65

WL 63

KevinM 0

Feel me?

Smell me?

Taste the Rainbow?

Top Bottom