• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GPX Presents: A&G Cincinatti Ohio! March 13/14. $500 SSBB bonus. M2K++

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Plank, I think the people that usually dont like the ledge grab rule are not coming here to begin with, so dont worry too much about people complaining.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-50 ledge grab limit for singles.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Kasht's Doubles Edgegrab Rule: No more than 100 edgegrabs per team per match or the specific game is forfeited.

i bolded all the rules that mean I'm not attending. Keep your scrub rules on your coast.

Having a conservative stage list is one thing, but those rules are just straight up idiotic.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Plank, I think the people that usually dont like the ledge grab rule are not coming here to begin with, so dont worry too much about people complaining.
Says you. The rule wasn't made standard by the BBR for a reason.

It's not hard to track the ledge grabs... The amount is in the results after the match is over...
and I'm all for the ledge grab limit... a lot of other nationals are doing it as well... So i don't suggest changing it....
Stop being a scrub, Y.b.M.

hunger!

Smash Champion
Plank. One thing you should do while you're in Ohio. Don't listen to overswarm and his cronies.

edit: that suicide rule is stupid.

edit 2: seems like east coast host's pick really REALLY bad dates to host tournies in the midwest

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
Honestly Plank you should just cancel melee here. SMYM is the biggest and best melee tournament in the MW that everyone is trying their hardest to attend.

Then you guys can just focus on brawl and have side tournaments and more friendlies :).

wakka444

Smash Ace
except this one doesnt have laser tag NOR aiding haiti
the tourney is less moral and less fun =(

lol kidding, its hard to host tournies in ohio if youve not been doing it consistently already for months...as usual theres toooo many tournaments

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Just to confirm...You don't have to preregister for this right? I didn't see it in the post, so I'm just making sure.

I think that I may attend this as well.. it's in Cincinnati so, I think it's going down!!!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Plank. One thing you should do while you're in Ohio. Don't listen to overswarm and his cronies.

edit: that suicide rule is stupid.

edit 2: seems like east coast host's pick really REALLY bad dates to host tournies in the midwest
You contradicted yourself in the same post XD

Also LGL is dumb

hunger!

Smash Champion
ledge grab limit is needed and shouldnt be any more than 20. m2k timed out shadow at pound by only grabbing the edge 14 times.

edit: you gain some respect from me for having a zim avatar :laugh:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
ledge grab limit is needed and shouldnt be any more than 20. m2k timed out shadow at pound by only grabbing the edge 14 times.

edit: you gain some respect from me for having a zim avatar :laugh:

LGL is bad.

We've gone over it a million times in a million threads both public and private.

GKais still can't ride in my car without singing disney songs due to attending a LGL tournament already =P

hunger!

Smash Champion
os, i'm not going to argue with this because i know you have WAY more time than me with your 15,000 posts and the majority of them probably being about mk. but a ledge grab limit isnt just about mk. the edge is extrememly broken in brawl. simple as that. thus. should be limited. i wont be coming back in this thread so have fun trying to push your views on people.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
os, i'm not going to argue with this because i know you have WAY more time than me with your 15,000 posts and the majority of them probably being about mk. but a ledge grab limit isnt just about mk. the edge is extrememly broken in brawl. simple as that. thus. should be limited. i wont be coming back in this thread so have fun trying to push your views on people.
We've been talking about this in the back room for months. The only non-MK video using planking to win have been a Pit in an MK-banned tournament using 90 ledge grabs and going last stock last hit against an IC player on smashville. >_>

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
As far as the date goes I apologize that it conflicts. There is nothing I can do though! It's a huge convention that decided to add smash and as soon as I found out I posted the thread. I didn't "pick" the day. I won't cancel melee though. You guys have to realize that aside from smashboards there will be thousands of people there who have already paid for the whole weekend. There's a good chance some of the people there may enter the smash tournaments for just $10.

Can someone post the usual suicide move rule or some ****? I'll swap that out.

I'm going to make brawl saturday, as well. Melee can be sunday.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
As far as the date goes I apologize that it conflicts. There is nothing I can do though! It's a huge convention that decided to add smash and as soon as I found out I posted the thread. I didn't "pick" the day. I won't cancel melee though. You guys have to realize that aside from smashboards there will be thousands of people there who have already paid for the whole weekend. There's a good chance some of the people there may enter the smash tournaments for just $10.

Can someone post the usual suicide move rule or some ****? I'll swap that out.

I'm going to make brawl saturday, as well. Melee can be sunday.
There is none. Game determines the winner. The only reason a suicide rule was ever made was because Bowser was determined solely by port; we discovered later that Bowser actually has a few frames that allows him to jump at the last second AFTER his opponent is dead, so they don't die at the same time. Then we scrapped it.

For any other suicide move... do what the game says. If it goes to sudden death, use first stock (obviously even) and then whoever had lower % won. So in other words, if your suicide move goes to sudden death normally rather than saying "victor is character X", you don't use them unless you are at a lower %.

Singles Payout

1st: 48% *
2nd: 22%*
3rd: 14%*
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

*Should less than 32 people show up to an event for any reason, payouts will be altered to 55/30/15 for Singles

* 3 Stock (If the TO deems it necessary, the stock count may be reduced to no less than 2 for pools)

* 8 minute timer (If the TO deems it necessary, the timer may be reduced to no less than 6 minutes for pools)

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors or Coin Flip

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Nope's no BS rule: If you are attending a circuit event, you are giving us permission to record and release videos of you playing as well as permission to use your character, tag, alias, name, and/or likeness in promotions regarding the circuit.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties if 3 seconds has passed on the game clock. Multiple instances of resetting due to controller errors will result in a loss for future games in the circuit.

* If you believe you may have controller issues throughout the tournament, you are able to start a match on Spear Pillar for a few moments to test controls. Spear Pillar is used to make it crystal clear that you are testing your controls.

*Pausing and resetting a match without explicit approval from your opponent prior to doing so, at ANY point in the match (including star KO animations) will result in a loss of that match. Multiple instances will result in a DQ. That means you, Lain.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

wakka444

Smash Ace
OS- on the bowser note there was some research showing that certain characters allow him to cancel it with an upb but approximately 18 characters are supposedly impossible to cancel with out a port advantage.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Not to mention a LGL is basically me telling Falco "hey I'm totally unsafe now so come beat/camp the **** out of me! :D". Some characters have a stronger ledge game than others, and some need it to fight certain matchups more effectively, it's as simple as that. There's only one character who far exceeds anyone on the ledge (big surprise there...), and I'm sure you know who that is. No other character has yet come close to exploiting the ledge to the degree that he does.

clowsui

Smash Legend
^ that

i shot 9000 lasers at king beef in our money match

he got tired of camping the ledge so he came up and died even when he had a good lead on me :)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS- on the bowser note there was some research showing that certain characters allow him to cancel it with an upb but approximately 18 characters are supposedly impossible to cancel with out a port advantage.
We found this, but knowing it was now knowledge that could be known to Bowser, he could now do the suicide attack against other characters freely and we could effectively ignore port whne making the decision. Port might help bowser, but on the whole it is irrelevant; it works on some, not on others, so Bowser should use it on some, not on others. If he has port it's just a small bowser bonus, like snake having port 4

why listen to os?
Just because I can beat EC players that freak out when someone's on the ledge doesn't mean it works in the midwest :p

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
My previous statement was when I thought, it was on the same day. But I just saw this is now officially moved to Saturday. Which is great since I officially dont like tournaments on Sunday. I just gotta figure some stuff out to see if I can come.

Also, I believe it should be a top 5 payout no matter the attendance.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
My previous statement was when I thought, it was on the same day. But I just saw this is now officially moved to Saturday. Which is great since I officially dont like tournaments on Sunday. I just gotta figure some stuff out to see if I can come.

Also, I believe it should be a top 5 payout no matter the attendance.
if you know me you know i LOVE to pay out lots of places, so ill def do my best to do that

TP

Smash Master
OS, I'm pretty sure I already showed you, with evidence, that Ganon's suicide move goes to either sudden death or his loss entirely on controller port and LUCK, which is complete BS. Even if the ruling is he loses every time, it would STILL be better than having the game decide.

sixpod

Smash Rookie
Man the show is next week!! Sneaking up on us quick!!
Lets get our game on

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
The show is coming up, all our arrangements are made - Plank I sent you a PM bud, keep an eye out for the sight and the GPX sight as will be posting all the final information - schedules, last minute changes (always good ones ^_~) - Plank you know we have a nice after party in mind - 21 and only folks!!!

I hope many of you also join us for our 1000th celebration ^_^.

Moadib_GPX

Smash Apprentice
Yes Melee of course will be going on, Friday is all casuals (so enjoy the casuals and the convention - or myself and the staff in cosplay wrestling O_O. Saturday is Brawl and sunday is Melee.

Plank maybe next year we'll dress you up too.

Top Bottom