• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hopefully the kennen nerf won't make it to live, this really seems like a terrible avenue to deal with his power in the meta, at least imo.

I despise soraka's design, so I'd be happy if her (and morg) were nerfed to eve tier.

Janna nerfs are probably necessary, given her power.

As usual, all imo.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
LMFAO no one is going to even notice the nerf. Regardless kennen hasn't been popular recently so I don't even know why they are doing this stupid nerf.
Consider you main kennen. You've played him 70% of the time you've played league. This is the champ you love most, you can control best, and is a blast to play.

If Riot nerfs your champ by reducing the damage his auto attacks deal, you're ok with that. Sure it sucks, but it doesn't change how you play the champ, just gotta harass a bit less. Same goes for Riot nerfing or re-scaling your abilities.

But when they change the range of your freakin auto-attack... wtf? You've logged countless hours last hitting and trying to avoid harass by being just out of range and now all the practice is garbage. it just doesn't feel right. I mean, for the people who don't normally play kennen they wont care, cause they just throw stupid darts and deal dmg with fail ults. But for those who truly spend time on this champ and know all the intricacies, it's really annoying to have to relearn.

I say this cause it happened with me and graves, to a lesser extent. I played that champ a lot when he was released. He was the first champ I actually bought within the first 2 weeks of release since i started league. Then soon after they nerfed his ranged. I understand why, it's just really frustrating to play with, vs ya know, just reducing his damage.

Lovage

Smash Hero
his auto is the best PARt!!!!

definitely one of the funnest parts of the hero

now he's going to be way BORING in lane because you're gonna have to tank every ranged minion and push when you harass with autos lAAAAAMEEEEE

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I didn't really care about nerf ranges until they Nerfed Ori range a while back. That's when I really started noticing difference in range. I haven't been playing Kennen for quite sometime now tho so I probably won't notice it

still shouldn't have every kennen skin tho. but I bought almost all of them on sale so its whatever.

Coney

Smash Master
hecarim top is really really really good

people should try it

in easy lane (very few) max Q start boots
in hard lane (a LOT) max W start cloth

rush defensive boots, then farm as well as they can with your defense **** and W

farm up to triforce and ult past carry then E back into them and they die 100%

another blue ribbon for hecarim

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
LMFAO no one is going to even notice the nerf. Regardless kennen hasn't been popular recently so I don't even know why they are doing this stupid nerf.
are you guys really that concerned about -25 range? seems like a perfectly reasonable nerf to Kennen IMO.
Ok, I haven't been able to check it yet, but I believe that skillshot's range is calculated in the same way as AAs.

Basically that means "hello apprehend to the face".

It's deceptively fast and i'd sort of like to keep my darius cp.

Though he might still be a darius cp, i'll have to figure out if i still wanna use him if the range nerf goes through.

But it definitely means he's not much of an AD carry choice any more.

Also what zac said, granted my practice with him is less therefore considerably less valuable then zac's time i would assume.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ok, I haven't been able to check it yet, but I believe that skillshot's range is calculated in the same way as AAs.

Basically that means "hello apprehend to the face".

It's deceptively fast and i'd sort of like to keep my darius cp.

Though he might still be a darius cp, i'll have to figure out if i still wanna use him if the range nerf goes through.

But it definitely means he's not much of an AD carry choice any more.
Darius can already apprehend you to the face if he reacts to your AA animation. It's not hard, I do it all the time.

And boo hoo, Kennen won't be able to play every role from Bruiser to AP Carry to AD Carry. That's utterly ****ing tragic, I feel SOOOOO sorry for all you Kennen players. This must be uncharted territory for a character to not be able to play at least three roles competently.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Darius can already apprehend you to the face if he reacts to your AA animation. It's not hard, I do it all the time.

And boo hoo, Kennen won't be able to play every role from Bruiser to AP Carry to AD Carry. That's utterly ****ing tragic, I feel SOOOOO sorry for all you Kennen players. This must be uncharted territory for a character to not be able to play at least three roles competently.
But but, cho gets it!

*salt*

Lovage

Smash Hero
**** u mogwai quit acting like being able to do other roles (usually mediocre) is that big a deal WHOOOO CAREES

it's not like kennen has been pickable bot lane since ezreal came back lol

Lovage

Smash Hero
i mean, i havn't even played ken bot in months, he has a very fun and (IMO) BALANCED playstyle in solo lanes that im pretty sure is gonna suk balls after the patch

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
i mean, i havn't even played ken bot in months, he has a very fun and (IMO) BALANCED playstyle in solo lanes that im pretty sure is gonna suk balls after the patch
Most people will disagree with you on the BALANCED point. I won't really, but 25 range is a pretty minor nerf with regards to what Kennen does, so I still don't see why exactly everyone thinks the sky is falling.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Most people will disagree with you on the BALANCED point. I won't really, but 25 range is a pretty minor nerf with regards to what Kennen does, so I still don't see why exactly everyone thinks the sky is falling.
I dont care if he's play bot or top or mid or wherever. The nerf affects all the time I spent in positioning against other champs. It gives a weird feel that I dont think is necessary. Why not nerf something else like auto attack damage (idk just sayin)

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I dont care if he's play bot or top or mid or wherever. The nerf affects all the time I spent in positioning against other champs. It gives a weird feel that I dont think is necessary. Why not nerf something else like auto attack damage (idk just sayin)
because a lot of the value of his auto range is the value of placing a mark from his W. nerfing damage numbers doesn't impact Kennen's ability to safely apply marks from W, nerfing the range does.

I get that you're frustrated by this Zac, but it doesn't change the fact that no other change to Kennen can have the same net impact on his gameplay that nerfing his AA range does. Range numbers need to be tweaked from time to time, it's never an instant transition for people, but that doesn't mean that Riot's going to leave ranges untouched when they think they're an issue.

Money n hos

Smash Cadet
well as kennen is usually played top lane vs a melee champ, his harass pretty much comes without a lot of risk. range nerf makes sense because he needs to be able to take damage from some gap closer if he wants to harass. lowering his ad just makes him more annoying and still makes him this random ******** caster that scales off attack speed and can shove melees out of lane for no reason

mogwai is right though in that hes still going to be an annoying counter to melee tops and a pretty mediocre mid laner because he cant push. and calling his playstyle balanced is ignorant as ****, since he destroys some melees no matter what and gets ***** by plenty of people no matter what. the concept of a long ranged auto attacking caster has always been stupid

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Does anyone know what ever happened to the Rocketeer Tristana skin?

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
There is no champ in the game that has an animation that takes a shorter time to cast than it takes for me to click.

Maybe Blood Boil can be a good smartcast option.

But really the only difference smartcast ever made with me was misjudging cast range and being worse at leading people off with skillshots.

Niko45

Smash Master
The biggest thing that I find it is doing for me is the fact that (outside of exhaust or ignite) I never have to left click anything. Suddenly my mechanics are amazingly better in terms of kiting and positioning because switching between right clicking to move back and then skillshot left clicking back the opposite way and then immediately right clicking back again during that animation was definitely awkward, slower, and I ****ed it up way more often and way easier.

And especially on someone like ahri or graves who have quick skillshot combos it's just plain more efficient.

I mean, I can imagine with enough practice you can become godly at left click skillshotting while doing everything else you need to do but I've gotten flat out better at the game by leaps and bounds just by making this switch at this point in my play.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Only Soraka/Janna nerfed. Any other supports were buffed or untouched.

I personally think the nerfs won't change that much of bot lane except the ad carry being able to go in 2 seconds sooner after Soraka heal.
Alistar

Triumphant Roar Mana Cost Increased to 40/50/60/70/80, from 28/41/54/67/80.

this is pretty significant

I'm attempting to spectate an ARAM proving grounds game... I don't think I've ever joined or watched a custom game before, at least not a public one. The client seems glitchy as hell, makes me keep rejoining the same game when I try to quit, and people keep leaving in champ select if they get a champ they don't want lol

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
you're the one who recently said you never use it, right? It really is amazing :x

Lovage

Smash Hero
yep i started using it for a few characters and now i just use it for everything. only think i unbind is ali's w lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I wish they gave you the option to set keys per champion. Some skills (like Ali W or Gragas R) would be nice w/o smartcast.

EDIT: Coney always one step behind me. I play Hecarim top all day!

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
hecarim top is really really really good

people should try it

in easy lane (very few) max Q start boots
in hard lane (a LOT) max W start cloth

rush defensive boots, then farm as well as they can with your defense **** and W

farm up to triforce and ult past carry then E back into them and they die 100%

another blue ribbon for hecarim
I've never lost a top lane to Hecarim, that being said I was Cho everytime.

My sustain costs no mana :D

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
I wish they gave you the option to set keys per champion. Some skills (like Ali W or Gragas R) would be nice w/o smartcast.

EDIT: Coney always one step behind me. I play Hecarim top all day!
At the very least I wish they bound keys to your account instead of locally. I have a very different set of key-bindings (I move all my spells down to ASDF, with summoners on G and R) which makes playing on someone else's computer inconvenient

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
it's never going to be first item worthy and there are a few champs who can certainly complete it at 2nd or 3rd item in it's current state and be content. feels like an unneeded buff to me, tbh.

The buffs to make it rain more than make up for double up.
Yeah. Most champs that would get the grail would probably do so after Rod. I cringe at the Swains and Anivias that rush Grail because their mana pool is so low feels like a huge waste when you could go catalyst/rod and blue til you got that.

I mean, for the people who don't normally play kennen they wont care, cause they just throw stupid darts and deal dmg with fail ults. But for those who truly spend time on this champ and know all the intricacies
Hey Dphat, remember this? "You can throw Q's when you're in Lightning Rush?!?!?!?"

his auto is the best PARt!!!!

definitely one of the funnest parts of the hero

now he's going to be way BORING in lane because you're gonna have to tank every ranged minion and push when you harass with autos lAAAAAMEEEEE
I dunno about you, but AAing people to death with Annie is the only reason I want to play this game.

Jazriel loool found somethin on the TL forum that made me crack up

"if you actually think you take AD runes for extra damage vs creeps then using your logic, you must run AD marks/quints on every single champ. Cause you know, more AD to last hit easier and all. AD on casters too strong~

Stop being a Jazriel."

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I swear you browse all of every character forum's threads, DMG, haha.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I swear you browse all of every character forum's threads, DMG, haha.
Lot of thread subscriptions. Jumping from place to place with... 1000+ quick links makes it easy.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
From what I saw at MLG Anaheim the Janna nerfs might be warranted. Janna was pretty much firstpicked every single time Urgot got banned.

Top Bottom