• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Knowledge is power

And not all of them are valid, some of those are from the old days. Probably closer to 200 current ones

D

Deleted member

so like you can spectate friends' games, so I wondered if you can spectate someone who you added to the list but who has not accpted your invite.
like OddOne's streams are great, but I'd love to watch those with the spectate client.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I think Xerath might be kinda under rated vs some popular mid champs.

I mean he farms like crazy if you rush 2 dorans and has amazing poke.

Plus is that little bit harder to kill him because of his passive.

I mean I run no armor runes or masteries and end up with 160-180 armor by the end.

He is like having to deal with another tower when taking towers xD

Also he might have one of the strongest Lv6 nukes in the game mage wise.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
but apparently he's getting some nice buffs next patch :D

I always hear people say Xerath's boring, but he seems kinda fun to me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Most complains I've heard over Xerath have to do with how it takes like ****ing 10 seconds to pull off his combo, while other burst casters like Leblanc and Annie can do it in a split second.

D

Deleted member

solomid.net being absurdly slow for anyone else?
any link I click takes at least 10 seconds before it takes me to the next page, hich then also loads kind of slow

Vyke

Smash Champion
They're having some trouble with their website as of recently from what I understand. Probably due to their (awful) redesign.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah, but you cant AA.

/oneofmyfavmidsiskennen
You don't get the joke and I hate you. The point was Zac was going on about "knowing the intricacies" of kennen etc and a bit back after his millionth game with Kennen, at one point in game with me and Andy something happens and he blurts out "WAIT YOU CAN Q IN LIGHTNING RUSH?!?"

His ultimate got nerfed "accidentally", so right now I hear he's on the very weak side.

Yeah it's very noticeable, I played him randomly after that patch and realized holy **** his ult hits SO late now. I mean to be fair his ult did hit kinda quick, but with the way it is now you have to lead people into it a bit and you barely are able to land 2 hits of his ult because while the spell is delayed hitting you can't cast the next hit so it's a double whammy timing wise. His Q also sometimes takes a second to register the hit cleanly: if it goes off and would hit them normally it still hits them, but displays the damage done much later than usual on occasion.

My understanding is that mobility just eats him alive.

Seems like the kind of character you use as a CP
He's got a few problems. Harassing with him early on is basically a no go unless you can afford to push your lane. Besides his ult, his actual damage and AP ratios aren't absurd.

You also have to shape your team around him more than a lot of other casters. Ryze and Morgana don't care what team comps look like lol.

Most complains I've heard over Xerath have to do with how it takes like ****ing 10 seconds to pull off his combo, while other burst casters like Leblanc and Annie can do it in a split second.
He still does a lot of damage but yeah he's not insta burst besides the enemy team being grouped up for all the ult hits loooool hitting people with all 3 ult hits makes everything besides like AP Nunu ult look weak

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Boots/ward/2pot + movement speed quints is the most fun noob stomping support set up.

I also will always do it against leona/alistar/blitzcrank now as well

Lovage

Smash Hero
mobility starts **** on every cc support

1 ward kinda irresponsible

boots 2 ward is my fav. opener (u can get a pot if you wait also)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Why would you want to only be able to ward one of

1.The bush Ali/Blitz/Leona are hiding in

2.The river(/tri)
i can do 2 wards vs melee supports. I never even use the pots if its melee. I'm usually Lulu support so i harass the support out of the bush and keep it for myself. Or harass the ad carry and force the support out of the bush that way or the support can't reach me from where I harass. Ranged harass so good vs melee supports. I seriously never have to ward the bush alistar/leona are in unless we are pushed up. Blitz i do ward more often than not. But once my lane gets the lead, idc if i get grabbed. Like one time my lane had the lead, i get grabbed and get a double kill LOL.

But i've been playing lulu support so balls deep that i like two pots :[

Arcansi

Smash Champion
i can do 2 wards vs melee supports. I never even use the pots if its melee. I'm usually Lulu support so i harass the support out of the bush and keep it for myself. Or harass the ad carry and force the support out of the bush that way or the support can't reach me from where I harass. Ranged harass so good vs melee supports. I seriously never have to ward the bush alistar/leona are in unless we are pushed up. Blitz i do ward more often than not. But once my lane gets the lead, idc if i get grabbed. Like one time my lane had the lead, i get grabbed and get a double kill LOL.

But i've been playing lulu support so balls deep that i like two pots :[
At competent levels of play, you won't be harassing them out of the bush because they'll be dodging your skillshots.

Also, at those levels of play, 1 ward means you'll get ganked a lot.

And you won't have the sight to know about it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I said noob stomping for a reason ya know.

Keyword: noob

Depending on the jungler depends how many wards i need. Lulu is such an amazing anti-ganker that if you aren't meant for pre-6 ganks (Alistar comes to mind), ganks aren't effective against Lulu support lanes. Even then, Lulu at 6 is even more amazing at stopping ganks.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
mobility starts **** on every cc support

1 ward kinda irresponsible

boots 2 ward is my fav. opener (u can get a pot if you wait also)
I was talking to jpak about this a month or two ago and he didn't say it was good :c

I don't feel confident running that on anyone I play (as support) bar Taric.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Doesn't work against Soraka lanes and Janna is so fast naturally that mobility start doesn't work against her either. Though mobility start can work against Soraka of you are Blitzcrank... they will outward you for starting mobility when they can 2 green 1 pink ward start.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
How often do you guys get people who rage and quit the game?
Just had two people simultaneously rage quit after giving four kills each. It's crazy, but I haven't had someone like that on my team in forever. Then I get two at the same time. :applejack:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
do people get nicer as you climb up the elo ladder? or at least, does the number of trolls and ragers decrease?

edit: i didn't even read espy's post before mine, but it kinda goes hand-in-hand

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Man. I had to support and I ended up going Soraka. It's mind-numbingly boring. To make it worse, I would've gone Volibear but they had support Voli and he destroyed us in lane. We won but god I don't want to play Soraka ever again.
do people get nicer as you climb up the elo ladder? or at least, does the number of trolls and ragers decrease?

jpak

Smash Lord
At competent levels of play, you won't be harassing them out of the bush because they'll be dodging your skillshots.

Also, at those levels of play, 1 ward means you'll get ganked a lot.

And you won't have the sight to know about it.
moscow 5's support starts boots + one ward + pots quite regularly.

so when you say competent level of play...

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Man. I had to support and I ended up going Soraka. It's mind-numbingly boring. To make it worse, I would've gone Volibear but they had support Voli and he destroyed us in lane. We won but god I don't want to play Soraka ever again.
Against certain lanes you can actually play soraka very poke heavy and it's lots of fun, who was their ad?

hop out of a bush>silence> banana to face>go back in bush can be pretty satisfying. If they can't punish you to hard try throwing lots of bananas at their faces when they go in for cs. it's pretty effective. Against no-sustain supports you make them burn pots, otherwise they still have to burn mana, and since infuse and bananas don't cost any mana, it usually works out favorably for you. Don't be a heal bot.

HondaFoo

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
HondaFoo
As Taric and Blitz I always start boots + one ward + one pot, the extra mobility (I also rune movespeed quints) helps me chase down dudes and do fun things like gank mid at level 4

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
it was cait+soraka vs trist+voli. they killed cait 2 times in the first 4 minutes. cait didn't harass them with Q at all.

bassem6

Smash Lord

edit: i didn't even read espy's post before mine, but it kinda goes hand-in-hand
People don't get nicer. You have less leavers and thats about it.

Just yesterday, there was this troll noc on the other team who split from his team at level 1 and randomly roamed our jungle knowing he would very well give up first blood. He went to lanes and took their minions for like a solid minute per lane, then he announced when their panth mid was about to jump somewhere l0l.

You get people like that on your team sometimes too so it balances out.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Hahaha. That reminds me, about a week ago I was playing a normal I think, and the other team had a Tryn/Rumble with blatant troll summoners. I thought they'd just try to win with dumb summoners but no, they went down mid and towerdived constantly, making our Kennen 10-0 really quickly. They went "jajajaja" which made me sad. And the worst part is we had some Ezreal on our team yelling at us not to take advantage of them, like it would be a fair game if it were 3v5 or something. That game took waaay too long to win because of their team not just surrendering and crap @_@

Yeah, it's annoying even when the trolls are on the other team.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
it was cait+soraka vs trist+voli. they killed cait 2 times in the first 4 minutes. cait didn't harass them with Q at all.
Man most of the time when i see Cait players i think they are those who are used to blind pick and suck against real ad carry/support lanes.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was just sharing what I find useful as soraka so you can do it. If your ad doesn't follow up you can def get beat up hard when poking cuz they really shouldn't be scared of your damage. For me, as obvious as it seems, talking to my ad helps a lot. My standard lines:

"Yo, when they go for cs, see if you can Q them in the face"
"Yo, when I headbutt>pulv, go balls deep, their jungle is top"
"These guys are kickin my ***, let me regen a bit before you do that again"

they always say:
"k"

which I respond to with:
"<3"

Arcansi

Smash Champion
moscow 5's support starts boots + one ward + pots quite regularly.

so when you say competent level of play...
Against Blitz/Leona/Ali?

As one of them or in certain situations it can be quite good.

But against those 3 I don't see it giving you enough vision to see everything you need to see.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I had someone who didn't speak english as my ad carry but he would follow up my harass without me even speaking. Like we even tower dove together like perfectly. Like amazing synergy we had. He ended up going 10/0/x with me being 0/0/10+x

Top Bottom