• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I'd rather have Ez ult danmaku than Morg pentacage. This mode is fun but it looks like you'll win as long as you have range.
Those 5% hp flash outs must be the most infuriating thing I've been given to see in a long time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Evelynn passive on Annie is literally the most terrifying thing of all time.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
With Veigar a 10 story Tall bear doesnt randomly appear on your screen.

Also, Lucian is mad gay right now.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
I think by mad gay he meant crazily homoerotic.

I don't play Lucian, so I hadn't realized how ridiculous the change to his E was until I saw that patch rundown video. This is blue-Ez-when-it-was-viable-except-you-got-damage level of mad gay.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yes I got the point, I was making a joke aimed at how silly it is to equate gay with stupid and you killed it, with a hammer.

As far as lucian, he's a lot more vulnerable then ez though because his range is extremely low, i think it's a net nerf.

Speaking of blue ez, new essence reaver gives him an easy build path to 40% cdr that also has the benefit of leveling off his manamune consumption over long sieging/poking engagements.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
As far as lucian, he's a lot more vulnerable then ez though because his range is extremely low, i think it's a net nerf.
LOL no, Lucian has a zero mana cost dash on effectively a 2 second cooldown if used/built correctly. Get Brutalizer and CDR Boots and just go E > Auto > Q > Auto > E > Auto > W > Auto > E > Auto > Q > Auto > UUULLLTTTTTTTTT > E > Auto > Q > Auto > E > Auto > W > Auto > E > Auto > Q > Auto > E > Auto And never be hit during any of it since you dashed literally 14 times in like 20 seconds. And no Im not exaggerating, he can literally do this:

Honestly, Lucian is pretty much an unarguable must pick/ban atm. He's stupid strong.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
And as an ADC player, Im going to ride this freelo train as far as I possibly can. I mean, one day in and Lucian's winrate has already increased 4% and is still going up. Wont be surprised if it ends up in the 55%-60% area.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Yes, I'm betting on a hotfix in the next week so you better abuse it while you can. That video actually makes Lucian look fun to use, shame I spent all my IP already.
Yes I got the point, I was making a joke aimed at how silly it is to equate gay with stupid and you killed it, with a hammer.
Yes I like to do that a lot sorry.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not sure lucian was unarguable anymore, the itemization changes pushed people a lot more towards insane lategame adcs like kog and tris.

The thing about close ranged marksmen is usually that they're really vulnerable to being cc'd to death especially with targeted or instant CC, now that lucian is an extreme close range ADC he's even more vulnerable to that.

Yes I like to do that a lot sorry.
EVIL!

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Late game adc =/= long range adc, it just so happens most popular late game adcs that are popular now have long range. Vayne is a late game adc, but she's not being played due to a hard lane phase (although imo she should be played a bit more but thats besides the point). But guess what? Lucian is effectively Vayne with a godlike dominant lane phase atm and he now hard carries late game due to his ridiculous damage output and mobility. It is most DEFINITELY undeniable that Lucian is the best pick in the game right now. He does literally everything that youd want an adc to do, he stomps lane, he scales hard, he has self peel in his mobility, he has ridiculous damage, he does insane damage late game, he duels crazy well, he teamfights well, he has probably the highest single target damage in the game right now (MAYBE kog slightly beats him here, but Kog doesnt have like twenty 0 mana cost dashes) due to the percentage health damage and double shots he gets, and I could go on.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ummm, vayne is a midgame adc, she scales better then most due to her insane damage and how slippery she is, but she isn't anywhere near as safe as tris or cait is while still putting down adc level deeps. This is especially true when you consider how important sieging and defending against sieges is lategame, 50 range really can make the difference between being able to hit the tower safely and being CC'd down and caught.

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
Got 2 quadras in 1 game with Lucian, first time playing ranked in like 2 weeks :p

http://matchhistory.oce.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/OC1/52178828/200388933

This is the build I made. You get 40% cdr if you take the 5% cdr over AS in masteries. You get lifesteal and mana regen to spam abilities. You get sheen/phage procs. Flat armor pen on ghostblade to use with your ult. Went ham and built IE for 50% crit, but you still get 25% with yommus and triforce, could build banshee's last though - but between yommus and E's all day, pretty safe with that much swiftness.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The fact that the patch notes called Lucian as having the niche of "mobile ranged carry" almost made me wretch. Like... where the **** is the consistency at all? I'm pretty sure Ezreal was legitimately meant to be the mobile ranged carry. Oh well.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well, riot mix it up all the time and don't remain consistent on anything, but before Lucian was released, Ezreal was definitely considered as the "mobile adc" niche and was stated as such on numerous occasions.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well with the range nerf Ez does have that at least, with an AS buff with abilities.

Still...idk Lucian right now is doing what other ADCs want to do only better.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Not what tris, kog, jinx, and cait wanna do :p

Well, riot mix it up all the time and don't remain consistent on anything, but before Lucian was released, Ezreal was definitely considered as the "mobile adc" niche and was stated as such on numerous occasions.
Well at least he still has the poke niche!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't really know anything about ADCs, so can someone please explain to me why Lucian is still considered a lane bully with such short range. I thought range (and spell range I guess) was the main factor in lane dominance.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Both his Q and his W can poke from a long range with no vulnerability which allows him poke options without committing, as well as he has THE highest damage output for an adc at low levels due to his passive which his new dash accentuates even further regardless of the range nerf. At level 3, Lucian can use his full combo for the highest burst of an adc even possible, and then have a free manaless dash do get out afterwards, as well. Basically, Lucian does so much damage with so much mobility, that he can just force you back off the creeps and allow himself free control over the lane which mitigates the range problems he has since he can just get you so low with his crazy damage and retaliate so well with his fantastic mobility that there arent many openings or points where he's vulnerable to be poked.

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
I don't really know anything about ADCs, so can someone please explain to me why Lucian is still considered a lane bully with such short range. I thought range (and spell range I guess) was the main factor in lane dominance.
Well with his Q, you aim it through a minion to hit them. Then I guess with manaless E, if you use it when you auto trade, you get your passive proc winning the trade. Plus he still has burst for when things are setup right, E auto, Q auto, W and now you can probably E out by then now.

jaswa

Smash Journeyman
Base Attack range lowered to 500 from 550
Piercing Light ( Q ) mana cost now 50/55/60/65/70 from 60/65/70/75/80
Piercing Light ( Q ) cast range reduced to 500 from 550

Rip in pieces Lucian, what makes me sad is that Kog is probably the next.
Well this is lol now.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I at first thought it was talking about shredding one second for every hit of his ult, not his passive, so I was just like 'well okay thats kinda cool he'll be able to dash a ton during his ult'.

Didnt really read the notes in depth and honestly kinda assumed it was R not Passive based on the picture (theyre so similar lol), didnt actually realize it was his passive until the night while it was being patched and I didnt even think about throwing CDR on it at the time since it was like 4am.

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Also there were the stats increases, except for the mobility increase a lot of the power they gave him was harder to estimate.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
You get lifesteal and mana regen to spam abilities.
I didn't look at the build but why does Lucian needs mana regen when they OUTRIGHT REMOVED (wtf riot???) the mana cost on his dash, and even lowered the mana cost on his Q?
Seriously though, how is Lucian not just a better version of Graves right now?
no true grit gg
Welp Riot messed up here with Lucian...and they still need to nerf Tristana >_>. I don't wanna ban 2 ADCs in my ranked games.
Tristana honestly is nasty
I always thought ez was supposed to be the poke adc
Nah it makes more sense for him to be the mobile one, he was always famous for his shift. Caitlyn/Kogmaw/Corki etc. all poke very well, there are a lot of adcs with good poke.
Both his Q and his W can poke from a long range with no vulnerability which allows him poke options without committing, as well as he has THE highest damage output for an adc at low levels due to his passive which his new dash accentuates even further regardless of the range nerf.
Which is funny because Riot's been "looking" at Lucian for a long time, and I specifically remember his passive being one of the things they deemed too strong. So they lower his range and then give him more opportunities to put out massive damage with his passive.

I'm just sad because I don't have Lucian and I never cared to get him, but if he's really this strong then well, there you go.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Why is Trist so popular all of a sudden? Did she get buffed?
Her ideal build is rushing Infinity Edge, which is a lot more viable more.

She got a mana buff a while back, she then got more buffs to her moveset.

It pretty much made her a lot better when she got all those buffs and itemization changed.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Basically itemization changes making her preferred build path one of the best build paths available for ADC's and the buff to late game scaling for ADC's making them more powerful late/end game.

Stompu

Smash Apprentice
Her ideal build is rushing Infinity Edge, which is a lot more viable more.

She got a mana buff a while back, she then got more buffs to her moveset.

It pretty much made her a lot better when she got all those buffs and itemization changed.
In all honesty even before the changes she didn't feel hugely weak, she had a pretty safe lane and scaled amazingly with items

Top Bottom