• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

L__

Smash Master
so far I've only tried ezreal twice as hybrid. one game I had trinity force and guinsoo's along with a few other items (I'm drawing a blank here, and I'm at school so I can't check), I forgot what it was. I was really happy with my mid-game dps. next time I play though, I'm going to try to go for a more ap based build and will be tinkering my build. I'm pretty excited to see how it goes, haha.

ook

Smash Lord
I was rumble, I had 20 stacks on mejais AND leviathan, and stacking armor cause their team was all AD. Pretty much unstoppable

Then, our shaco ragequit because our irelia took blue. Then irelia ragequit for who knows why. Then we lost.

some people... :c just can't get along

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
****... Jarvan is starting to creep up there... I was happy all my OP champs were going unnoticed.
Yeah. It's never a question of "IF" but of "WHEN"...

I think this is a really cool idea. Riot should write this app with the addition of time/patch stamps for when each vote was cast. Then you could parse the data and see champion trends after specific changes. Eventually you'd get a cool champion time line highlighting when they were least popular to their limelight moments. Seems like it could be valuable to Riot's development team, seeing what types of changes tend to making a champ more popular with the community.

It would be an ever-growing/changing pole, constantly matching up champ against champ.

So many cool possibilities for data visualization, too.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Except Zileas has told me outright its impossible to analyze their game using data because its too complex. He suggested that only him and his team of crackerjack designers had the intuitive sense of design and balance to fix the game...

... yeah. Hilarious, isn't it? These statements brought to you by the guy who thought reducing the effectiveness of wards and making dragon harder to get would make the early game more active.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Except Zileas has told me outright its impossible to analyze their game using data because its too complex. He suggested that only him and his team of crackerjack designers had the intuitive sense of design and balance to fix the game...

... yeah. Hilarious, isn't it? These statements brought to you by the guy who thought reducing the effectiveness of wards and making dragon harder to get would make the early game more active.
Well, I guess getting a job at Riot will be easy as hell since they're not really aiming to be the best.
-DD

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Soraka is a so so, imo.

I've had games go for 15-20+ extra minutes because trying to actually KILL their team to then be able to push to end the game is pretty ****ing hard when a soraka has a death cap.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If you're having issues with health, then you're either:

1. Not killing things fast enough (level up q > w and don't bother with e EVEN [though not recommended -> levelling up E is for DEM GANKS])
2. Not getting a leash
3. Not doing wolves prior to blue buff and blue buff with only one potion
4. Iffy rune page / masteries

At this point of time I go
11/9/10 (+attack speed, + armor pen [+4 damage on minions gives you a little speed edge though]), dodge chance + armor, 30% longer buffs)
my rune page I use is the one I go with Shaco which is ad quints, armor pen reds, attack speed blues/yellows. Although I can breeze through even faster with my alternate jungle rune page (red/yellows/quints = as, cdr blues).

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Has anyone else not gotten their IP Boosts for smurfing/referrels in a while?

I have like 5-6 on backorder plus two people joined the game from me so at first I thought they had just cut out the smurfs but now i don't know haa.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Check your reading comprehension Jaz. You made a statement that only CLG and a few others were on your level of understanding of the game. We asked you for some kind of objective, external evidence to verify or at least support that statement in some way. What you have said in no way answers that, so stop hiding behind your air of superiority and answer... or just admit you are deluded and go away entirely Mr. Caster Critrunes.

Anyways... I'm kinda interested in learning Singed now. It took me forever last night to get enough farm to be scary but once I did Singed was crazy fun. Hiding under your tower? Hit Ghost/R, activate Q, fling someone and then just run around wreaking havoc until you win the fight or you are forced to retreat. I gave up a lot of farm being bot lane against good harassers, but I imagine if I could solo or if I had a strong ranged harasser in bot lane with me I could farm like a boss and be that scary much earlier in the game.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Kevin... their referral system has been super ****ty lately... like stuff is coming in almost a couple weeks delayed. You'll get it eventually but it's annoying to not always have them, I agree, haha.

DONE with first year of med school. I am now officially the "M" in "M.D."

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
go 21 defense
I don't even do that on mumu.
21 in defense is mediocre when the best one for laning is available at 7 points and the best one for jungling is 9 (physical damage reduction stuff is helpful though / health is slightly beneficial to olaf).

:cool:
Idk, 21 in Defense sounds fine. I'd do that or even go further down utility. For jungling, defense tree probably helps him the most. Health resistance phy damage reduction etc. He's gonna be hit a lot from creeps, might as well reduce that damage since he can output plenty of damage on his own anyways.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
If you're having issues with health, then you're either:

1. Not killing things fast enough (level up q > w and don't bother with e EVEN [though not recommended -> levelling up E is for DEM GANKS])
2. Not getting a leash
3. Not doing wolves prior to blue buff and blue buff with only one potion
4. Iffy rune page / masteries

At this point of time I go
11/9/10 (+attack speed, + armor pen [+4 damage on minions gives you a little speed edge though]), dodge chance + armor, 30% longer buffs)
my rune page I use is the one I go with Shaco which is ad quints, armor pen reds, attack speed blues/yellows. Although I can breeze through even faster with my alternate jungle rune page (red/yellows/quints = as, cdr blues).
I run armor pen reds, atk dmg quints, flat armor yellows, flat ms blues.

Basically TheOddOne's mines armor pen quints and per level blues.

What are the benefits of your runes over his?

go 21 defense
I don't even do that on mumu.
21 in defense is mediocre when the best one for laning is available at 7 points and the best one for jungling is 9 (physical damage reduction stuff is helpful though / health is slightly beneficial to olaf).

:cool:
jpak can you address Shaya point? I knew you would tell me to go 21 def =D

Like I feel I don't have much presence with Olaf.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
truth be told, you should probably just copy exactly what TheOddOne does, he's an incredible jungler.
Agreed, but his guide is to help people because good with the guides champion. Like if I don't follow the guide I have no idea who to play Olaf.

I found a great olaf guide by TheOddOne here:

Solomid.net > Guides > View More... > Ultimate Olaf Guide
>_< That's what I've been using =3

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Going 21 in defense on a tanky jungler is never a bad thing. I run that on Jarvan when I have to jungle with him, and sometimes even on Trundle if we don't have enough tank on our team.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
o_O

do you need to get some sleep or something? those 2 sentences make like... 0 sense.
ROFL! Yeah, I am actually really tired, I've been working on client assessments all day and could use a nap.

"Agreed, but his guide is to help people become good with the champion of the guide. I honestly have no idea how Olaf should be played without looking to a guide."

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
how did u learn whoever you play now?

you didnt just look at a guide, you did things yourself. why not just try that with olaf. for junglers it's easy, you can just do customs by yourself.

you can copy but until you understand what you are copying, you wont be a good player.
just like smash. just do jungle routes, get experience with all his moves and timings.. and profit?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Sometimes when NKB gets excited he becomes unintelligible.
ROFL! I died laughing. <3 PX

how did u learn whoever you play now?

you didnt just look at a guide, you did things yourself. why not just try that with olaf. for junglers it's easy, you can just do customs by yourself.

you can copy but until you understand what you are copying, you wont be a good player.
just like smash. just do jungle routes, get experience with all his moves and timings.. and profit?
That's true, but since I am now in a higher level of play it's not really effective just to try things out because I'll get wrecked and ruin the game for my team and learn nothing. IMHO customs never really help because bots are stupid beyond words I understand Olaf's route, it's just I don't come out squeaky clean like I would with Nunu, and then I would attempt a gank and get killed or almost dead with no successful kill.

I feel ganking is my biggest weakness.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
he doesnt have strong ganks as a jungler.

why do u just have one route too lol

well youve already learned something about the character. weak ganker and gets low in the jungle through his passive. dont expect every jungle to be good as nunu. hes just not as good at stuff

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Olaf isn't a strong ganker, he's a late game hoss. You just need to make sure the enemies realize you're present by attempting ganks. If you're lucky you'll get a summoner spell off them or maybe even a kill. You also want to ward up and provide control and be there for the dragon fights if they happen, and then late game if you kept your farm up, you faceroll.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
thing about olaf thts different from a lot of melee dps is no gap closer

so before you can just ult and tank **** then.. you arent very effective

late game you are super tanky monster who ults and walks right towards their carries and reckless swing and ****

at least you are struggling with him, which is kind of good. you realize that you have to play him differently because he is different. at least i think you do

Wrath`

Smash Master
Hey, I didn't realize SWF had a LoL thread.
I have been playing for about 2 months and I am at level 13 and I think I am finaly starting to hit my stride.

Wrath`
LoL Name: Seabasz
LoL Mains: Trist/Garen

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Hey, I didn't realize SWF had a LoL thread.
I have been playing for about 2 months and I am at level 13 and I think I am finaly starting to hit my stride.

Wrath`
LoL Name: Seabasz
LoL Mains: Trist/Garen

Something that will help you stay in stride: Stop playing Garen, and pick up a character with CC. Like Chogath!

Top Bottom