• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
IMO blitzkrank is just about pressure before he hits 6 (and the level 1 gank).
You need to sit in the back and run up and E things then walk back and grab them.
That's about all you can do, and you hope the enemy team isn't capable of avoiding that type of pressure.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Sit in bush, pull people

If you already have that down, then do it better
**** bushes I'm around WALLS mutha****a

MUTHA****A

Yank blue, STEALIN BUFFS mutha****a

mutha****a

Powertfist near WRAITHS mutha****a

Your team is near the mid TOWER mutha****a

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
New champ has an on demand spell that avoids damage and makes him become untargetable... which then can be used to close gaps or escape...

Trollpool with gap closing on an assassiny character... can't see how that could possibly go wrong.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Here's a sum of my thoughts on the matter.

Most of the people I talk with nowadays that think they're in Elo Hell aren't delusional about being unrealistically unlucky. (Those people are just stupid.) They complain that they don't have the time to play enough games to get out of their bracket, only being able to play 1 or 2 games a day. With each game being 75% luck, theoretically, it's gonna take a really long time to get to your "true elo" or w/e if you're a "1300 player" and legitimately got unlucky for your first 3 placement matches and got dragged down to 1100.

The better the player you are, the easier it is to gain elo at first, but it always gets a lot harder when you're nearing your correct elo, relatively. For example, if you're a "1900 player," 1200-1600~ should be a pretty easy climb. You're able to crush your lane, **** the map, and win just out of pure skill. Your climb from 1700-1900 you might take a while. HOWEVER, if you're a "1300 player," and don't happen to end up at around 1300 after the placement matches, the entire climb is likely going to be rigorous for a number of reasons that don't affect higher elos as much, but still affect it:
  1. The likelyhood of queueing up with and against players that got lucky/unlucky during placement matches is higher. You're not going to run into those players as nearly as often up in the 1800s, statistically.
  2. Low elo is a lot more volatile in that people's conceptions on how to play the game are drastically different from one another. The higher your elo is, the more organized the gameplay is, and the more universally understood strategies are. There's a lot more room for miscommunication.
  3. Leavers/AFKs are more common at lower elos. Adds more luck to the equation.

In that regard, Elo Hell does exist, and it's a result of this game being 5v5 and not 1v1.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I never really found a reason to get angry at the elo system or my "luck" when it came to this game. I mean, I've had lots of people I'd consider worse than me on my team before... and I've raged at them pretty hard sometimes. But I never got out of game and went "this system for rating is TOTAL BALLS"

League would be better off if that term was never invented, really. Who needs to focus on improving when there are convenient excuses like Elo Hell?

MacD

Banned via Administration
speaking of ELO hell, not that i'm in it, but i was just basically trolled out of like 100 ELO in the past like few days

i had like those super feeders or AFKers for like 7 games out of like 10 over 2 days

could just be bad luck, but it seems like more trolls/ridiculous people have been playing this week. a few of my friends have had the same issues more often than normal up in the 1500/1600s+

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
look for dphat and me in top 25 in a week or so

solecalibur

Smash Master
I never really found a reason to get angry at the elo system or my "luck" when it came to this game. I mean, I've had lots of people I'd consider worse than me on my team before... and I've raged at them pretty hard sometimes. But I never got out of game and went "this system for rating is TOTAL BALLS"

League would be better off if that term was never invented, really. Who needs to focus on improving when there are convenient excuses like Elo Hell?
Its pure luck your first 10 games if your gonna have better teammates or not because chances are they are fresh 30s. No (almost) matter what you do, it depends on your team's skill as a whole because how bad some fresh 30s are. After that it will be a lot more work getting your elo up to your true elo and its possible but elo hell is the process of getting to that true elo.

I was stuck at 750 in season one where it was considered bad to jungle cause you knew your top lane was gonna lose and CV was as bad as rally. I managed to get to 1250 in about 2-4 weeks of playing (a lot) before season 1. The one thing you where learn in lower ELO is how to hyper carry and to jungle like a boss.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I was actually thinking about AS boots, but then I remembered he has a passive

DUB

Smash Lord
I think Olafs a decent solo top vs the right characters. He counters some of the meta's current go to tops just like Sion does to AP mids.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Why do teams think its a good idea to surrender when we're only down 2 kills, and have a turret advantage... -_____-

My team was 11-13, us the 11, and we had 2 of their turrets while they only had 1, and they all wanted to surrender so we lost with a 4 to 1 vote... People sometimes...

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
What was your team make up? Did they have dragon control? What was the cs count? How far in the game where y'all? Did they grab baron? There's alot of things you got to account for before asking why they would surrender.
This man^ would make a pretty good team captain i say.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What was your team make up? Did they have dragon control? What was the cs count? How far in the game where y'all? Did they grab baron? There's alot of things you got to account for before asking why they would surrender.
It was Shyvana (Me on bot)/Orianna (Mid)/Lee Sin (Jungle)/Rumble (Solo Top)/Veigar (bot) against Leona (bot)/Jax(Solo Top)/Morgana (Mid)/Caitlyn (Bot)/Warwick (Jungle).

We already got dragon and it hadnt respawned yet.

The cs count was pretty even, cant remember it exactly.

We were 22mins in.

Top Bottom