• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
Except you know, his Movement speed is balls and he doesn't have any gap closer/cc.
ghost and dodge procs are enough, btw you suggested udyr's gap close whats his gap closer bear stance?

not being cc'd for a few seconds means the other team must run cannot commit/kite/burst his ult buff made him a lot better. you are only thinking about the single champ, you build a team around oalf that has cc then, and olaf's axe serves as a decent amoutn of cc if you consistantly hit them. try playing i

This man^ would make a pretty good team captain i say.
not when you build a team with one champ player(s)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
idk, maybe it's because hardly anyone played Olaf and I'm not so good with him, but his ganks seem to suck balls.

If you're saying his ability to team fight is so strong, then shouldn't that mean he should be in solo top to enhance that?

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
ghost and dodge procs are enough, btw you suggested udyr's gap close whats his gap closer bear stance?

not being cc'd for a few seconds means the other team must run cannot commit/kite/burst his ult buff made him a lot better. you are only thinking about the single champ, you build a team around oalf that has cc then, and olaf's axe serves as a decent amoutn of cc if you consistantly hit them. try playing i

not when you build a team with one champ player(s)
So olaf gap closer = forced summoner spell + random dodge proc? Uh you know udyr dodge chance is literally 5x more likely. Jpak stay with support advice cause you obviously don't know anything but support. Anyways playing a jungler in which the team has to revolve around = a joke. The jungler should reform to the other champs not the other way around.

Btw I do play olaf jpak and through personal experience I can't find a place to put him in a team comp. Anyways 500+ ms udyr = gap closer to me. A ghost proc for 35 mana = too good.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Olaf does have trouble closing the distance, and then sticking to people. He either needs the axe to always be on low CD (not just when you pick it up) or a movespeed boost (doesn't have to be a long duration one).

It's very very frustrating to try to catch people as him.

As it stands now you are **** out of luck if you don't have both your ult and ghost up simultaneously.

That said, I do think he could beat many people solo top.

jpak

Smash Lord
yep i hv no clue about olaf only pick him regularly for my team comps, btw there are so many champs that depend on a summoner to initiate...

jpak

Smash Lord
so if i dont have a clue about jungle role then i dont have a clue about jungle olaf, is that not normal?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
yep i hv no clue about olaf only pick him regularly for my team comps, btw there are so many champs that depend on a summoner to initiate...
But they are still able to initiate/contribute at least decently/relatively well without it. I guess Olaf could always put some damage on the tanks, but w/o that ghost he won't be reaching the squishies.

People that "depend" on a summoner to initiate (like Galio, Morg, etc) can still do so quite well w/o them, just not to maximum/optimal effectiveness. With Olaf it's ghost or bust, I feel.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh I'm buying that new champ for the sole fact it looks like stitch. and Lilo and stitch is legit my favorite movie from disney.

but I probably won't even play him for like 3 weeks. everytime I buy the new champ I don't even play them...I have graves and haven't played a single game with him. (or shyvana)

looool this dphat guy really thinks he's the ****

sure udyr has bear stance but last i checked it doesn't give any cc reduction at all, let alone complete immunity to disables?

when is the last time you saw udyr just run straight at someone with bear stance without taking a face full of slows? that's why udyrs either don't initiate or have to burn flash to initiate. but i guess that's bad according to you and alistar is also bad because he depends on a summoner to iniate as well.

I'd say that udyr and olaf are equally bad at initiating fights with one providing cc immunity and essentially a free dive for the opposing carry and low cd true damage nukes once the fight starts. Sounds like a fair comparison to me.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
looool this dphat guy really thinks he's the ****

sure udyr has bear stance but last i checked it doesn't give any cc reduction at all, let alone complete immunity to disables?

when is the last time you saw udyr just run straight at someone with bear stance without taking a face full of slows? that's why udyrs either don't initiate or have to burn flash to initiate. but i guess that's bad according to you and alistar is also bad because he depends on a summoner to iniate as well.

I'd say that udyr and olaf are equally bad at initiating fights with one providing cc immunity and essentially a free dive for the opposing carry and low cd true damage nukes once the fight starts. Sounds like a fair comparison to me.
LOL this A Pimp Named slick back guy really thinks he's the ****.
Yo bro thanks for telling me udyr glaring weakness I WOULD OF NEVER FIGURED IT OUT. OMFG YOU CAN KITE UDYR? WTF BULL****, guess I should blow an ult and ghost to get EVEN CLOSE to a carry only for them to you know still out run me. FML

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Cause I'm obviously the idiot for stating factual numbers instead of theory crafting and coming up with ridiculous scenarios. People are acting like Olaf can't be kited too LMFAO okay.
Maybe if olaf true strike scaled he would be good but as it currently stands he doesn't bring anything to the table.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
If you guys want to argue, argue.

But it's borderline flaming and trolling now with the insults. Knock it off before infractions.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Olaf's true damage improves w/ levels and CD, that's already pretty good. TBH, the only fix they need on Olaf is for his axe to always be 4-5 secs (at least at max level) instead of relying on you to pick it up to get that kind of CD. That way he could actually reach and/or stick to people.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Cause I'm obviously the idiot for stating factual numbers instead of theory crafting and coming up with ridiculous scenarios. People are acting like Olaf can't be kited too LMFAO okay.
Maybe if olaf true strike scaled he would be good but as it currently stands he doesn't bring anything to the table.
it's a 4 second CD 340 damage True Damage Nuke. That's like more than half the damage of a cho feast on 1/15 the CD. It really doesn't need scaling.

I love you dphat, but you're really talking out your *** about olaf here bro, :laugh:.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I would daresay your opinion is wrong in this case :p

Olaf has issues, but his true damage is not one of them. It's largely the reason they can't let him stick to people well, lol..

DallasPhat

Smash Master
I just think as a jungler Olaf is a very poor choice. He's better off in lane cause he doesn't get sufficient farm in the jungle. He's a character who needs farm to do well unlike Udyr who does relatively well for a fairly cheap build. I mean for under 6k udyr can get tier 2 boots, aegis + wit's end.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I agree that Olaf is probably better as a top laner against a melee. He can easily drop the true damage when the opponent tries to CS and has built in sustain. Not to mention, as said, he's farm dependent.

The only advantage he really gets in jungle is that he has access to red buffs, which he can definitely use early game until he can get a Mallet or something.

Top Bottom