• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I did a little experimenting with Xin yesterday

verse a team with like 3 summoner heals + soraka I built Executioners Calling instead of Wriggles as my first item

and the next game I built Bildgewater cutlass just for kicks (I had 2 ganks before I went back)

I think for a more agressive Xin build you can get away with E.Calling but I would definitely sell it around the 25 min mark for probably a bloodthirster. The bildgewater made ganking the easiest tho

E -> cutlass active -> W -> Q -> profit.

the only thing about the cutlass is that I see no reason to ever build Gunblade so I eventually had to sell that also.....hmm.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lower duration on the spell too. That's about it. Compared to other carries, he's not really been hit with many/strong nerfs lately.

http://www.lol-patch.com/kog-maw.html

He's been relatively untouched besides minor tuning toward both ends.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I did a little experimenting with Xin yesterday

verse a team with like 3 summoner heals + soraka I built Executioners Calling instead of Wriggles as my first item

and the next game I built Bildgewater cutlass just for kicks (I had 2 ganks before I went back)

I think for a more agressive Xin build you can get away with E.Calling but I would definitely sell it around the 25 min mark for probably a bloodthirster. The bildgewater made ganking the easiest tho

E -> cutlass active -> W -> Q -> profit.

the only thing about the cutlass is that I see no reason to ever build Gunblade so I eventually had to sell that also.....hmm.
It's almost like you should just be going phage for more slows...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
a few questions

so im getting really comfortable in the jungle. i feel like im able to carry most solo-queue games with skarner, udyr, noc, and shaco. lee sin im not feelin. and rammus i'm still trying to get a proper mastery of. amumu only works if i have a competent team thats capable of helping me counterjungle their blue lvl 1.

ive also just hit lvl 30 not too long ago so im just saving IP to purchase my third quint for each jungler.

1.) should i focus on mastering a small set of junglers, or should i continue to expand my jungle character base? i feel really strong with the first four i mentioned, but obviously there's always room for massive improvement. at the same time, ive been told that having a larger rep would help with Ranked if i need to counter or if my top picks are banned. plus i imagine learning more popular junglers would give me a better understanding out of how to counterjungle them and know their timings/playstyles when facing against them. junglers im interested in learning if that's a good path to make would be Maokai, Trundle, Shyvana, and idk maybe... Jarvan?

2.) are there any tips for being a stronger jungler? or just things that seperate a regular jungler from a pro-jungler? i've been getting into the habit of timing everyting; especially enemy buffs, dragon, barron, and summoner spells which help IMMENSELY. knowing when flash/heal is down makes ganks eazybreezy. i know this is kinda broad and i may know some of the responses, but just curious to some tidbits i may be overlooking

3.) this kinda couples with question #1, but what should i be doing at this point now that i've hit LVL 30 in regards to improving immensely as a jungler? i almost always just do solo-queue becuase i'm not always available for pre-mades. i also feel like doing solo-queue is more difficult since carrying becomes much more important thus testing your skill as a jungler even further. but basically, what do i need to do now to become a pro-jungler

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I think you have a good base of junglers, picking up a few more wouldn't hurt. The issue with ranked would be more to make sure you have experience playing other roles when you can't jungle. Moakai and Shyv have gotten popular, I'm surprised you have issues with Lee though. Lee has great ganks once you know how to setup properly.

Good junglers just have great game sense in being near the right lanes at the right times. Timers are good, knowing when to babysit a lane to balance it back out (sometimes just camping a lane despite making you behind can save a lane matchup gone bad). Learning team comps are good too.

Knowing when the enemy teams 2nd blue comes up (around 7:10-7:20ish ) and challenging it, getting oracles if you get decently ahead and are pretty confident you won't die. Knowing when to counter jungle (ie jungler ganks bot lane and you can't gank mid or top, take his blue/wolves if up). It's really all just a matter of experience.

Edit: Knowing when you have the better 1v1 against their jungler can be pretty big in soloQ too, as they are less likely to help their jungler.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
DAMIT MOGWAI!. LOL

I mean ultimately I'm sure thats the better choice but I honestly was just trying to see some of the more uncommon items in rotation. but oh well might as well stick to the old bread and butter Wriggles -> Phage -> win combo.

Omni

BRoomer
k, then i won't worry about purchasing anymore junglers.

skarner/udyr/noc/shaco
probably should try lee sin again.
probably should get better with rammus.
probably should never use Amumu until he gets a buff

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
k, then i won't worry about purchasing anymore junglers.

skarner/udyr/noc/shaco
probably should try lee sin again.
probably should get better with rammus.
probably should never use Amumu until he gets a buff
Actually, for low level solo queueing, I'd say buy yourself WW. Warwick is a ****ing godmode carry below 1500 elo and once you hit 6 you should be able to get a kill every ult CD.

Omni

BRoomer
Idgaf. I just wanna be da' bess jungler.

Edit: Also, ATK Speed or Movement Speed Quints for Skarner/Udyr?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
So I should be doing Ranked games at this point?
No. I honestly don't think you should even do ranked until at least 100-200 normal games and you can play one other role comfortably that isn't your main. You won't always be able to get the jungle.

MS Quints/AS reds on Skarner and Phoenix Udyr. Flat AD for Tiger Udyr.

Cia

das kwl
okay so I'm slowly picking up malzahar and it kinda seems like

with him you don't do anything but farm until like teamfight time. (or until I get that RoA which is like 14-16 mins in)

I can't really harrass that well unless its accidental harrass with E.

also I been building RoA -> Deathcap -> Rylais with either CDR or Sorc boots.

thoughts?
U never need mana on male unless ur in a really extended team fight. And in most cases u'd still be k. Just get blue.

I've found the most success with boots+pots > WotA > death cap/rylai's (death cap first if fed) > Void staff/BV (which ever is needed)

If u ever get really fed early with malz early, and u wanna have fun, replace WotA with Gunblade. The active and other stats are pretty interesting with his kit.

:phone:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
AD Malz is a secret sleeper bottom superstar.

Esp with the current meta of bot pushing, there just isn't that many characters who can outpush malzahar. There also aren't that many characters who can kill you while being cc'd. He's also got free harass on everyone not named caitlyn or kogmaw.

My advice right here is why Mogwai considers me one of the greatest minds of league of legends.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I will never be good at jungling. =\

I mean I just won my last game 1/9/11 Noc. Got every dragon in the game and warded constantly. But died in every single fight there was except for ones where I was purely positional (didn't get to hit anyone-- happened in 3 pre-6 ganks).

I want to ward everything a lot, but I don't know how not to feel starved when I do. I feel like I NEED at least (high number) of kills/assists from ganks to even be more involved in the game than a "smite dragon" or "give sight" tool. And I can't counter jungle well and I can't deal with counter jungle well.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I will paraphrase and improvise on Mogwai's giant post...

"Play Wukong."

EDIT: Poor Mogwai got Dan Dinh on his team. Free loss. Dan spends game complaining about how much damage WW does to him and builds no MR.

D

Deleted member

every time i open dan dinh's stream

dan gets *****

"OH MY GOD DUDE"

gets ***** x 01380138 more

john!

Smash Hero
i'd trade anything to get a ****ing solo q team that DOESN'T GET CAUGHT

holy ****

i keep losing games because idiot ad carry can't dodge dark binding

i'd literally sacrifice my 475 starting gold in exchange for a team that wasn't ****ing ********.

throw throw throw throw throw

you know what it's like to try hard for 50 minutes, and it's all worthless because your teammate gets caught once endgame? worst feeling in the world. i'd punch them in the face if i could.

Top Bottom