• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
- canada started out really strong in brackets and it went downhill around the time bernard and ryan had to play each other. they decided to not play it out and let bernard go ahead because they thought he had a better chance against the next opponent, axe. bernard lost
correction, he thought that he had a better chance than I did.

unknown522

Some guy
as much as bernard doubts himself (plus being intimidated by the fact that axe beat other pro foxes), he could've/should've won the set.

You guys have to look at why he beat the people he did.

Edit: david, I have your chocobo

The Mighty Kiwi

Smash Cadet
So Kyle and Chris tomorrow so far, maybe Yoshi (I have the codes now). Ryan too, I think.

Okies.

Anyone else want to come? Josh? Twin? I guess a lot of people are probably smashed out LOL.

Umm, kind of random, but I'm going to be busy until like 5:30. I'm still fighting with York about my courses. If this puts people off I understand. Crashing is obviously available as long as you leave as I'm going to work on Thursday (which is like at 4, so there's plenty of time).
I might be able to come.

idea

Smash Master
So Kyle and Chris tomorrow so far, maybe Yoshi (I have the codes now). Ryan too, I think.

Okies.

Anyone else want to come? Josh? Twin? I guess a lot of people are probably smashed out LOL.

Umm, kind of random, but I'm going to be busy until like 5:30. I'm still fighting with York about my courses. If this puts people off I understand. Crashing is obviously available as long as you leave as I'm going to work on Thursday (which is like at 4, so there's plenty of time).
sounds fine. i am one of the smashed out people, for sure. i'll see if i feel like playing when i get there tomorrow.

so what time, 1:00 or something? or are you working tomorrow?

as much as bernard doubts himself (plus being intimidated by the fact that axe beat other pro foxes), he could've/should've won the set.

You guys have to look at why he beat the people he did.

Edit: david, I have your chocobo
care to explain? i've actually been wondering how axe beat so many people with pikachu. i mean, it's not like jman wouldn't have camped him, so it can't be just that, and i dunno what else could make such a big difference...

Yessssssssssss

chocobo!!!!
the twins gave me one too =D should be in my bag somewhere.

one of them (twin A i think?) also told me about the time he almost killed his twin.

idea

Smash Master
lol i know, but i thought "busy" meant "you can still come earlier, i might just have to do stuff on my computer until this arbitrary time".

on a side note, it's so cool to hear the commentators complimenting imadh'd marth.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
Long *** post get rapedddddd

Ight Apex 2010

So as apex being my first out of country tourney I found it extremely fun, I also learned a lot of new **** and how to play n think smarter as a player. Although im extremely disappointed for not making it out of pools due to SDing once in every matched I played besides for a set vs a random mewtwo main n a samus main, but w.e I lost I lost next time I’ll do better, I played matches vs a **** load of pros I don’t think I played anyone on my level, due to the fact I wasn’t looking for any maybe I’ll do that next time lol, anyways on to pools, me n imadh made it out n into bracket I haven’t checked wat we placed if it was even posted, but our matches vs Banks n whoever he was teaming wit (lol my bad for forgetting but w.e) vs chillin n chu were really close, me n imadh really need to step up our teams games we have no clear game plans at this point. Lol after playing so many matches wit taj I’ve been inspired to pick up Kirby as an actual low tier main, yea haters hate but I found Kirby extremely fun to play n its not like he has nothing he has a duck, a tech case on fast fallers a good bair n up tilt combos plus itll feel nice once I find out flashy **** wit him, ok onto jokes, ight so during housing steve was making fun of the Alaskan players by asking them if they lived in igloos, umm I picked up a new nick name as apple crisp due to nick not hearing kyle right, n the other jokes u kind of had to be there, or be told in person lol,

on to friendly matches/money matches/ ppl in general

vs Hax$: man I really wish it got recorded apparently the other falcon mains said I was playing really well, hax is mad **** I was surprised that I was able to take rounds off in the first best of 5 set we played but on day 2 I figured out he wasn’t playing well so hopefully at rom ILL SEE HIS TRUE POWER lol also that was another joke by PBnJ Ryan was there for it, but moral of the story is on day 2 I got like 2 hours of practice vs his falcon

vs DaShizWiz: speaking of the falcon mains they all were really pissed at the fact I played my falco vs shiz, but in my defence shiz asked me to play a dif character so I was like w.e let me try falco lol anyways I was playing really greedy n **** n for ***** for it lol I wana play him again/more. On the last night I played vs his falcon I felt I should have won or at least took a match off of him cuz I was playing pretty bad but lol w.e ill get him at rom

vs Taj: his mewtwo is ****ing rapeeeeeeeeeeee, made me want to pick up a low tier main just to prove its not about who u play its how u play. Also hes mad jokes I chilled wit him for most of the tourney

vs Axe: his pikachu is ****ing amazing n his falco like it was awesome also I got footage of him beating jman it should be on my youtube account

ummm **** I don’t wana like list everyone cuz I played a **** load of ppl so gona make it smaller now

vs Vanz: his shiek is pretty sick, awesome dude like really chill, hes like hooking me up wit brawl minus which looks ****ing jokes

vs PC Chris: I beat his falcon in a friendly n got random ppl to ask who it felt good…..ppl thot I was Kirby kaze cuz I was using Davids controllers lol also his fox is really good like constantly 2-3stocking me

vs Mango: ummmm got *****….i was expecting to get like 4 stocked each game but w.e still got super ****ed up

vs Woobles: oh man his ic’s are so ****ing cool he also showed me how to do some of the de-syncing tricks I didn’t understand hes also **** on piano got a vid of it

vs Kage: dis ***** sucks how he took a match off mango is pure luck, ***** needs to come to Toronto n practice wit some good players wat a noob I like 2 stocked his ganon on FD wit my falcon psh needs to learn how not to get comobed wit falcon on FD wat a noob LOLOLOLOL

TwinA/Twin1: these guys are awesome I need to find their real names/add them on facebook so I can get the picture we took it seemed like a pretty bad *** picture, also their magic tricks were ****ing amazing I got a vid I need to post **** I wish I recorded imadhs reaction to his magic trick ***** ran across the venue into the corner n like freaked the **** out so jokes, also the paper tricks were intense ****ing don’t understand how he learned to folder paper like that

PB&J n LambChops: lol these dudes are ****ing mad funny really cool dude to chill wit went to some random pizza place on the last day

Prog: this dude is ****ing awesome when i go to Rom3 some one remind me to bring him donuts

lol I had a list of all the players I played but I cant find it many more it was right in front of me but cant find it now however I met a lot of ppl like pro players n their all pretty chill if anyone seems this post that I met n I didn’t right about u im really sorry also I made a shout out vid so that’ll be posted shortly so if ur name isn’t in this it will be in the vid n if its not there sorry add me on aim DJAfroChrisPelech@wtf the aim thing is

also u *****s can hate all u want n be like oh they were sand bagging or u cant tell off a friendly but w.e I I took a match off I took a match off doesn’t mean Im as good or better than just means I took a round off why u wana be n *** n try n bring me down,

Over all Apex was **** I made a name for myself felt like i learnt alot of new stuff n at the end of the day if ppl are like oh ur that Canadian falcon main that’s all that truly matters ;)

cant wait till ROM3!!!!!!!!!

theme song for Sanuzi car's Apex trip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs0nm-V3EdA
LOL yo we gotta make No Ceilings 2 now like really

GOD DAMN SON YOU STYLED ON HAX

wooooooow. tippers galore, spikes galore... if it didn't say your name on that vid, I would have thought you were m2k. awesome stuff buddy :)
yo its from all the afro training HYPERBOLIC TIME CHAMBER FTW!!!!!!!

LOL not sure if it got recorded but i said that while imadh was playing hax n taj was like "YOU MEAN THERE IS A LEVEL OF THAT HIGHER THAN A NORMAL SUPER SYAIN"

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lol i know, but i thought "busy" meant "you can still come earlier, i might just have to do stuff on my computer until this arbitrary time".

on a side note, it's so cool to hear the commentators complimenting imadh'd marth.
I'm going to the University for a while. So "busy" means I won't be home :(

I'm sorry for mis-communication. Just been under stress lately :(

@ chris: tl;dr

I.B

Smash Lord
LOL not sure if it got recorded but i said that while imadh was playing hax n taj was like "YOU MEAN THERE IS A LEVEL OF THAT HIGHER THAN A NORMAL SUPER SYAIN"
lmao you can actually hear that part on the vid on VGbootcamp's Ustream account. I linked it in one of my previous posts

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
correction, he thought that he had a better chance than I did.
I didn't want to give up an opportunity to take out a good player, especially when you offered it up so freely. Inside I had a feeling you'd make better decisions, have better edge-guarding, and be less nervous... but I had to cut that **** out and just do how I do. If I keep doubting myself I'll never improve.

IB is a black super saiyan level 2.

That's pretty ridiculous. Think about it.

*meatrides*
Imadh deserves all the riding. We all had our turn in the spotlight, and now its his. Shine on nukka shine on

Sanu

Smash Champion
Going back to Waterloo this September... Won't be around too much but that will not stop me from coming out! I'm going to be in school for a full 12 months so I'm going to miss you guys.

As such, I'm going to be hosting a tournament this Saturday at my parent's place!! It's in Mississauga, but it's not too far. Everyone can stay the night because my basement is huge. I haven't thought of a name yet but it will come, suggestions? Get MAD HYPE!

Sanu

Smash Champion
Did I forget to mention that it's going to be a BBQ? Bring your own meat and I'll cook it up for you! No booze though, sorry!

Oh and since there outlets in our backyard, we'll be putting setups outside. This will be amazing!!

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
wish i could come josh lol

you should drive to guelph too someday

also bernard/ryan i thinkk i randomly recorded you two vs. m2k jman

i thinks omeone else did too, both of us through digital cameras

you want it uploaded onto youtube?

edit: holy **** comeback on dl64 >_>

Ministry

Smash Ace
David i have some cool tricks and edge guards and resets to show u with shiek that work and i can do consistently

been working on my tech skill and movement and i'm super fast now

next time we play i guess

at around 70+ u can back throw fox. change in to Zelda and run off neutral b and it edge guards perfectly. plus u have a jump still...

moonwalk to PC walk off- reverse needle cancel hog. my analog stick is sensitive now so i can do that consistently

some resets..

jab reset shuffle Nair to re-grab
at 28% ish , jab reset to dair to re-grab

also i found that at mid percents out of dash attack or f tilt u can shuffle soft bair and then d tilt or jab right away. its DI dependent though.

just tried to be creative and have fun

I also think i found out away to counter the wave land edge-hog when your Shino- stalling.

u normal Shino-stall but do it mid height or level to the stage. when they go in for the wave land all u have to do is sweet spot the up b by fast falling and up-b perfect height then u will have the ledge while they are in the air. and just rising bair right away. i need to test this on a player but i'm pretty sure it will work.

idea

Smash Master
you got scared and started survival DIing everything =P

I'm going to the University for a while. So "busy" means I won't be home :(

I'm sorry for mis-communication. Just been under stress lately :(

@ chris: tl;dr
okay, 'sfine.

Did I forget to mention that it's going to be a BBQ? Bring your own meat and I'll cook it up for you! No booze though, sorry!

Oh and since there outlets in our backyard, we'll be putting setups outside. This will be amazing!!
i have a feeling i'm busy with something i can't get out of on saturday, but if not, i'll definitely be there.

wish i could come josh lol

you should drive to guelph too someday

also bernard/ryan i thinkk i randomly recorded you two vs. m2k jman

i think someone else did too, both of us through digital cameras

you want it uploaded onto youtube?

edit: holy **** comeback on dl64 >_>
just upload everything you recorded and sort it out later *shrug*. that goes for zen too, if he's reading this.

Sanu

Smash Champion
@David: Smashed out? Nevar! After the tourney on Sunday, Ryan and I played matches from like 2 to 8 :30 am, seriously.

I'll be there :)

Top Bottom