• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
His voice really fits him.
But he kinda reminds me of Totodiles "voice" in the german dub of the pokemon anime. xD

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think it could use a little reduction in volume at least. I don't know if it's because I'm listening for it specifically, but it sounds a lot louder than the other characters to my ears.

D

Deleted member

I didn't really like his voice at first, but it's kinda grown on me. It reminds me of a Murloc though.

Last edited by a moderator:

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
After some time thinking about it, I think I like it. As @ KERO KERO put it, it's like he PRETENDING to be a ninja and take things seriously, but once the facade slips, he straight-up LOSES it.
Now that I think about it, he's a lot like me in some ways....

But yeah, the death cry at 12% needs to be patched. For everyone.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
It must be multiple Night Slash's, as it's not a multi-hit attack. Part of me wishes they gave him surf, a giant tidal wave FS would be pretty cool.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Stick out your tongue. Now grunt. That's what Greninja will sound like.
That is exactly the sound I had imagined for him in my head, and I was trying to think of a way to describe it. The best I could think of was, "Nghya". Which is an awful way to describe something

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Greninja apparently borrows a lot from Lucario.

They both have counter attacks for their down special, a chargeable projectile for their neutral special, and a semi-free up special (it's not as free as Lucario's Extremespeed but Greninja's Waterfall / Aqua Jet / whatever can turn in the middle of it). Their side specials are completely different though.

So is Greninja actually a Luigified / Wolfized Lucario clone?

Even though my friend insists I say nah, but what do you guys think?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Looks like Palutena is a clone of Lucario by this logic. Also, Ike and Little Mac, since they both have Counter, and a distance-closing Side-B. Oh, and a chargable Neutral, and a terrible recovery Up-B.

There comes a point where some characters will have similar specials, but that doesn't make them clones.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
In addition to what the others have said, Greninja's Up-B is literally nothing like Lucario's. Firstly, it actually has hitboxes (the water), secondly it keeps all momentum upon finishing, and lastly it functions a ton more like Pikachu's in that it's angular rather than curved like Lucario's.

Honestly, Diddy is just as much a semi-clone of Lucario (curved Up-B that loses momentum at the end and chargeable B move) as Greninja is (down-b Counter and chargeable B move).

All the newcomers, from what I've seen, are unique. Some people apparently thought that Rosalina could only be a Peach clone, and she turned out much differently. It seems that Sakurai and his team are working especially hard at making all the newcomers their own individual characters that bring new things to the Smash roster.

Last edited:

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Greninja? A Lucario clone? Your friend needs to check his eyes. They may not be seeing properly. Lucario is obviously the cloned one.

menotyou135

Smash Journeyman
No. They are quite different in their attacking game. There are similarities yes, but a lot of characters have counters, up Bs that go up, and chargable projectiles.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Pit is a link clone for having arrows and a sword.
Greninja,Lucario,Ike,Marth are clones for having counters and a charging NB
Bowser and Charizard both have fire breathe so they're clones.

No!

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I didn't like his voice at first but after hearing it more clearly, it's charmingly stupid.

He sounds like a Stitch wannabe.

If I start some sort of parody series of Smash 4, I am characterising Greninja to be like Stitch.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
That's really what he sounds like?.....

......I love it!

GRENOOOOOOO!!

JohannFKNFaust

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SamaelDevonJudd
Switch FC
SW 5644 9593 9010
Yeah, I don't think it's a clone at all, it is it's own character altogether, the fact that it has a counter and the other thing doesn't make it a clone. That'd make them both clones of Little Mac... except his recovery sucks... that's okay... I still love Mac! :chuckle:

ZSS

Smash Rookie
I don't care what it is I'm just going to call it maximum frog

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Definitely night slash. It maybe works like the Captain Falcon FS where you hit a certain amount of people and it takes you away from the battle area to show you running over your opponents. Except, Greninja doesn't have his license, so he can't do that yet.
Ninja Falcon would be epically hilarious to watch Greninja drive his own version of the Blue Falcon.

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
NinJA! NinJA! NinJA! NinJA! GRENOOOOO...!
<3:4greninja:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom