• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greninja Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Bowser, Charizard, Diddy, Donkey, Fox, Kirby, Little Mac, Lucario, Luigi, Mega Man, Mii Fighter, Pac-Man, Peach, Rosalina, Samus, Sheik, Sonic, Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, Zero Suit Samus, Captain Falcon, Falco, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Lucas, Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Snake, Wario, Wolf and Dr. Mario are ALL clones of Mario because they ALL PUNCH/SWIPE!

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Yeah I think we can agree that Greninja isn't really a Lucario clone even in the loosest of sense.

So, uh...I guess we're done here?

Maybe this thread should be locked or something now, I dunno how this works :p

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They don't have much in common. Really to me, the only that's all that similar is that they both have counters where they appear behind their opponent.

chrisall76

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chrisall76
3DS FC
2921-9185-8763
I must be the only one who really wanted him to have his in-game grunts then lol.
But honestly I would have liked a deeper voice since him sounding the same as him first evolution isn't exactly
the most fitting, but whatever.

SilverSoul24

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SilverSoul94
Switch FC
SW-8066-4257-6220
Meh. Not the GREATEST voice ever, but it's something I'll get used to. Doesn't really detract from his badass-ness.

But, yeah, I would have preferred Greninja to be mostly silent. Maybe the occasional frog-like sound.

MasterRyan1595

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3625-8186-3222
It's been quite a while since Greninja was announced so I'm probably really late to notice this but I just thought it was really cool. Greninja's official art for Pokemon and Super Smash Bros. both have him in the same position with only his legs swapped. I thought this was a cool detail they threw in that they didn't have to.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Greninja's voice may not be completely 'ninja', but it does add a bit of humor and light-hardheartedness to his personality. This, I approve of.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
I personally like having the characters with different poses in comparison with their other artwork for the sake of diversity.

It Was cool i dont know why was not the same for Lucario
Because:
It's kind of dull to be honest.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
Wish they did the same for pikachu... The smash art is kinda dulll.

Smash Art:

Pokemon Art:

And fine with Charizard, his smash art looks better anyways.
Smash Art:

Pokemon Art:

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I hated his voice a couple of minutes ago. I came to this thread, and actually heard a clean, crisp version of it.

Greninja has one of the best voice acting for a Pokemon in Smash Bros, IMO. It's so adorable <3

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I just heard Greninja's voice in a different video, but I couldn't tell what it was. I then realized it was Greninja and I'm like "Woah, THAT is Greninja's voice? Seriously?!" I was not expecting that at all. :p

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I love how much character they put into greninja in this, I was expecting him to be super serious and stuff but he's just so adorable. He's probably gonna become one of my mains and if he's a starter he's defo the first character I'm playing as

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Am I one of the only people who LOVE Greninja's voice? He sounds serious but still a little nasal, which is understandable since he's wearing his tongue as a scarf. Also, his Final Smash sounds are AMAZING! GRENIN-JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!

Brendan Stepladder

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3626-0125-2928
Am I one of the only people who LOVE Greninja's voice? He sounds serious but still a little nasal, which is understandable since he's wearing his tongue as a scarf. Also, his Final Smash sounds are AMAZING! GRENIN-JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!
I agree with you D-Idara! He's an amphibian that's muffling his throut, of course he sounds silly! I think Greninja's voice properly solidifies him as a character who is both silly and badass, much like Captain Falcon.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
That would mean King Dedede's a clone of Kirby. They both have Inhale, an up special that sends them up, then back down, and a hammer attack that you can charge and walk around with, but you take damage while it's fully charged.

Last edited:

Hero of the Winds

Smash Journeyman

Smash Art:

Pokemon Art:

Smash Art:

Pokemon Art:
That's the Pikachu pose in the title screen of the movies iirc.

Last edited:

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
...Pikachu and Charizard to start, everyone else is unlockable except Jigglypuff who gets cut with Greninja having the easiest requirements.

Pokefan203

Smash Apprentice
No, I'm talking about the Smash art. In some of the movies at the begging Pikachu stands up in the position.
Ah, dumb me, that was the top image, so I should have realized. Yeah, it seems to be based off more of that position.

CHARIZARD HAS NO EXCUSE.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom

Smash Art:

Pokemon Art:

Smash Art:

Pokemon Art:
Pikachu looks a lot cuter in Smash art, to be honest.
This seems to be a reoccurring trend in the series. Have cool looking characters in cool looking poses, and cute characters in dull poses.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
His Final Smash is しのびのひおうぎ (Shinobi no Hiougi), so it's original to Smash.

LighTz

Smash Rookie
Jigglypuff also uses his official art is kinda dull but better than brawl

RainbowPikachu

Smash Rookie
Well since only japanese 3ds owners have played the full game there isnt much info around. So i thought i would come here to ask my question.

For anyone whos play greninja, How is he? I really want to main him but im not sure how good he is.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Wouldn't it be more appropriated to ask this in Greninja's forum? Anyway, she looks fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom