• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev presents ~ Stab's 949 area Melee tourney III, Video thread and results up!

Grila

Smash Journeyman
gsub- we didnt play at all lol

mike- use your head and you'll go far

stabby- pretty fun doodi, lol what was up with the pictures? lol

boss- u scared me with that mewtwo **** lol..i ont think ive played a mewtwo that knows what theyre doing

kira- bustin out the fox lol, and you were soo quiet like all day

jdm- fun *** friendlies lol sum crazy **** happened

jkun- im glad you played me when i first got to the venue seeing i wasnt warmed up and forgot how to play ^.^ stay next time

zhu- u seemed mad at me :(

ekoli- you werent there buster hahaha better luck next time

ghad- ****.. sittin in the corner smashin with rookie? and rey? lol

pmf- you went there and all you did was yell at me all the time hahaha funny **** though, brings back memories that were hilarious

glow- cracking jokes as always is fun, guys randomly leavee??

sherigami- i dont think i played you, buuut i guess that needs to change

Nasty_nate- thanks for takin me where i needed to go and to the tournament, and dude you should've drifted that corner when we were heading to the venue

Deth- fun *** samus dittos..practice that stuff i told you and you'll get it easy

lucky- wtf man you soo lucky, my burrito was like 1/3 the size of yours(no homo) lmfao i barely could finish mine

anyone i missed sowwy and fi had a pretty fun time

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Shoutouts:

Nasty Nate- Thanks for the ride. My samus is going to **** your fox

Marque- Already giving people advice? My boy is growing up :'(. Also we do need to play again

stab- We need to play more falco vs sheik(the right way) and do the tech HORSE so I can prove I'm more technical than you

Kira- The teams matches were really fun. We should team in tournament some time if you like. You're really good too

San Diego Reaper- The friendlies with you were interesting. I got tired of losing to you half the time so I just decided not to, then I was winning.

macd- I'm still sorry about killing myself at the end of that teams mm. I just got so nervous and wanted it to end. All I can do it not do that again.\

Lovage and S2J- Those mms were really fun. I want to do more of them if MacD is down

GSUB- Where was Lauren?

Deadshot- you're pretty cool

I guess that's it. Every time I go to a tournament I learn something new about Melee. This time I learned that I **** when I want to and I don't when I don't.

MacD

Banned via Administration
it's not your fault, idk how many people would have realized they were dying caues the opponent grabbed the ledge

but next time, we should warm up our team in a few matches before we mm people

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
here's what I saw:

Basically, whenever I looked for Stab, he was playing friendlies and whenever I looked at the laptop it was either JDM (a champ) or Boss. I also don't recall Stab calling out any matches or anything. One example was when Maple+Boss were playing MacD and me in friendlies. Stab came up to us and said "are you guys already playing your matches?" We were all like "wtf, the tournament started? We're playing eachother? Why did we not hear any announcements whatsoever?"

Also, GSUB, aren't you a co-host? As in, you help host the tournament? I didn't see any of that at all. JDM and Boss were more of a co-host than you. Either step it up, or stop being a "co-host".

In the thread title, it says "Grev presents". That would imply that Grev is hosting the tournament, aka they should be doing work. What a joke.

One last thing: Stab, you really look like a brawl host right now. The main goal of a tournament is to be successful, not to make a profit. That's a brawl hosts mentality where hosting a tournament = money to them. I'm not gonna be super mean and name a certain brawl host that did exactly what you did yesterday but seriously, work on your hosting or don't host at all.

Overall, I had a good time and the tournament was successful thanks to the community.

Edit: This tournament was also the first time where I've ever heard a TO tell everyone to clean up at the end of the day.

MacD

Banned via Administration
also, if you find a venue (a bigger one) and want help running the tourny, i know like plenty of people who would be glad to help you run it, since finding/getting a venue can be a big pain but the running of it is easier (at least for some people)

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
noooo lucky
you ***** yourself
how could you think it was otherwise
obviously lucky was ok with it

here's what I saw:

Basically, whenever I looked for Stab, he was playing friendlies and whenever I looked at the laptop it was either JDM (a champ) or Boss. I also don't recall Stab calling out any matches or anything. One example was when Maple+Boss were playing MacD and me in friendlies. Stab came up to us and said "are you guys already playing your matches?" We were all like "wtf, the tournament started? We're playing eachother? Why did we not hear any announcements whatsoever?"

Also, GSUB, aren't you a co-host? As in, you help host the tournament? I didn't see any of that at all. JDM and Boss were more of a co-host than you. Either step it up, or stop being a "co-host".

In the thread title, it says "Grev presents". That would imply that Grev is hosting the tournament, aka they should be doing work. What a joke.

One last thing: Stab, you really look like a brawl host right now. The main goal of a tournament is to be successful, not to make a profit. That's a brawl hosts mentality where hosting a tournament = money to them. I'm not gonna be super mean and name a certain brawl host that did exactly what you did yesterday but seriously, work on your hosting or don't host at all.

Overall, I had a good time and the tournament was successful thanks to the community.

Edit: This tournament was also the first time where I've ever heard a TO tell everyone to clean up at the end of the day.
at least some of that venue went back in to pay for the 'free venue + singles'

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
shoutouts

Pokefloats- You're cool in my book.

Mute City and Brinstar- I hate you.

MacD- 8 of Socal's top ten shows up and you get 3rd. Congrats! Also, I probably will always go ICs against Peach despite my threats of Luigi since my secondaries are dumb.

Hugo- You should carry smaller units of currency.

Kira- I was disappointed when you didn't time out Hugo, but that round was long enough to entertain me nonetheless.

Boss- Good set!

Atlus- I think I understand ICs vs. Jiggs pretty well now. I didn't realize you beat Connor in winners until after the tourney; it's nice to see you still holding it down.

Zhu- I'll watch you Zhuuuuu anytime.

Lucky- We didn't play in singles for once!

ConnorTheKid- Why did you go Fox on Mute City? Good **** beating Lovage again.

Lovage- I swear I'm going to stop being flaky and finally buy a controller converter. I also find the way you play against Kira hilarious; half the time you're just moving around and the other half you're crouching in front of him waiting for him to run into a dtilt. Good times.

Maple- I enjoyed watching your Sheik.

Me- When did you develop these pride issues?

Stab- I don't think you really understand the role of a TO. I enjoyed the tourney anyways, though.

Julian- I demand more Roy v. Falcon.

Roy- I wish you were a better character.

rayecho

Smash Ace
ok, Fun at BRANDONS DORM, cause this tournament sounded bad

Shoutouts

Phil is the homie <3

Brandon is the homie <3

Joe is too good, fun games man

Sheridan is so much fun to talk and play with this guy

It was great playing with you guys and watching the livestream was so stupid, i dont approve zhu. Cant wait to play with you guys again =)

HugS™

Smash Lord
LoL fly, no one breaks hundreds, and that was what my AG prize money was paid in. I only had the hundred left.

You'll get it real soon though, promise.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Connor I was about to explode at that post but I realized getting mad wouldn't make me look good so I'll just say this.

The reason I'm sad I ended with $0 is because I started with $25 of my own. I didn't want to "make a profit", I wanted to break even and host a tourney where everyone could enjoy themselves.

Obviously I didn't accomplish either of those.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
It's nothing personal. :)

edit: It would've been better if you said "I spent $25 on you guys out of my pocket and didn't make it back." Saying you ended with $0 made it seem like you wanted to make a profit.

D

Deleted member

shoutouts

jason- thank you very much for giving me a ride, I hope your new business becomes extremely successful. if you are willing to take a long car trip, come anytime and get free food

stab- thanks for having a tournament

macD- you are really good at what you do, but get ****ed up in mm teams. thanks for giving me a ride back also

sherigami- mm teams with u and mccain was very fun and challenging.

dcmoney- good job on beating me, I never liked facing Marths in tournament, never go into a tournament match thinking that you won't win

connor- dam conner u got ****

Squidster

Smash Ace
I had fun at the tourney, probably cause there were enough open tvs to play pretty much constantly and I got to play good people (last few tourney I seemed to just end up playing friendlies with the same few people over and over again... i realized i shouldn't really be doing that)

stab - fun friendlies, idk which of us is better :p

kira - Loved playing you, guru of advice. I'm really freaken determined. lol

Gsub - Finally played! I should learn to play puff better but fun matches anyways.

Rookie - I felt dumb in our match. I didn't know the matchup so i just camped. I see now that i was playing dumb cause mario's shield grabs are the same as everyone elses. I started getting the hand of it by the end of the second match but it was too late. I'll get you next time :p nice mario.

Fly - @.@ One day....

Lovage - Your tech skill makes me feel inadequate....

Deth - We were awesome in teams. I like how we beat kira and dcmoney then lost to stab and dopple

Reyganon - Nice seeing you again. Ganon is awesome.

Sherigami - We didn't play singles but our doubles matches were fun

Ghad - Haven't played you since so long ago, was fun though.

Maple - Wow your sheik ***** me. I'll get there though. lol

MacD - Nice getting 3rd place. We should start playing some time.

DJMirror

Smash Master
here's what I saw:

good ****

connor!

Spazzums

Smash Apprentice
tourney was fun! nice little venue in the middle of nowhere, lol. shoutouts!!

Kira - your shiek is awesome, I'm inspired to get better! maybe we could play sometime and I could get some advice? :3

Rookie - playing teams was much fun! you're insane! =P your mario is so good!

ReyGannon - good to see you again! ^_^

Boss - awesome matches! you're super fun to play! your puff is deadly o_o

Hugs - sorry about all your DQ business, but playing you was fun! your playstyle is so cool!

Gsub - didn't get to play you much, but our matches were fun! I'll try not to dash attack you anymore :p

Dopple - thanks for the marth practice!

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Middle of nowhere? Tucson is in the middle of nowhere. There's civilization right down the hill from the Grev presents venue. All I can say is that Stab is still learning to be a tourney director and at a very young age. I'm not going to say he did stuff right or wrong, but I'm sure this tourney helped him realize what worked and what didn't. Come late November, I expect the bugs to be worked out and a great tournament ran. No illness johns though.

Fabian

Smash Journeyman
i was gonna go
but i stayed out late friday night
and overslept
texted kira about showing up for singles
then heard *****s were getting DQ'd
**** that lol

GG on beatig fly tho macD

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Why does Jkun have so much hate towards Stab? Calm the **** down.

a rookie

Smash Ace
Lol, next time put me as "A Rookie" Stab's. Sorry for not specifying that or anything. It's just funny when
people say, "who did you lose to?" And they say, "oh, I lost to A Rookie" xD Lol.

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
Why does Jkun have so much hate towards Stab? Calm the **** down.
cuz, hes a douche who only complains, and i have 2 say, it pisses me off tht hes always complaining. Dude why are you always mad at the world? So what if stab made a couple screw ups? I didnt see any complaints about the last tourney so u kno that this was just one silly mistake, gtfo stabs back dude

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
lol, i wouldnt trip, its just that everyone knows that stab screwed up, and he knows it, so i dnt see y ppl keep on hassling him. Its jus not cool

bbb

Smash Champion
**** I hate stab for being such a ****, ***** and ****

he and his friends are villains who ruined smash for me and should be expedited as such

Top Bottom