• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev presents ~ Stab's 949 area Melee tourney III, Video thread and results up!

Adam M!

Smash Lord
cuz, hes a douche who only complains, and i have 2 say, it pisses me off tht hes always complaining. Dude why are you always mad at the world? So what if stab made a couple screw ups? I didnt see any complaints about the last tourney so u kno that this was just one silly mistake, gtfo stabs back dude
you can take your complains with jkun up with jkun, but stab is an awful host. every single person has put their say in it, which if nothing else should convince you. a couple of screw ups? the last tournament of his i went to he barely ran anything. this is the second and probably third and fourth mistakes if you really wanna be real, people just cut him a break in the past.

lol, i wouldnt trip, its just that everyone knows that stab screwed up, and he knows it, so i dnt see y ppl keep on hassling him. Its jus not cool
who cares? that's life. no one's hassling him, he's not that special -- it's just proving the extent of his **** up. you're getting into semantics when you're trying to defend someone who can't run a tournament while simultaneously charging a venue fee. tough ****.

GSUB

Smash Lord
I really don't know why everyone is complaining.

The tournament went smoothly despite the hugo/Romeo problem.
There were enough set-ups for everyone.
No one had any trouble playing tournament matches.
We finished on time.
We had a LiveStream.
Recorded lots of matches (Thank you to JDM's generosity).
Snacks, water, ****ing PIZZA, a POOL, and a gym.

If you compare these tournaments to Connor's, these clearly win.
I love that connor hosts btw.

JDM ran the computer cause he wanted to. He wasn't there because no one was there, or because he was forced to, he's just a helpful guy I guess and just wanted to. The community wanting to help doesn't make Stab a bad host.

Jkun, stop hating on Stab... I don't care that it's SmashBoards, but people are really mean on here, not even P mean, where it's just the truth which hurts, but just POINTLESSLY mean. It's cute I guess...
Cause you're definitely not this close to being an *** in real life, I don't know why you choose to be like this on here. Smashboards should be a place for fun, to learn, and constructive critisiscm.
Anyways, I'm probably just feeding the trolls...

DJMirror

Smash Master
I never said i hated stab

and i did told stab about me not hating him

if he had a problem, he would have told me in the first place but since he's not saying anything it's a not a big deal.

We finished on time.
We had a LiveStream.

you and stab didn't do anything but if you mean we as in Connor (?) JDM and Boss then yeah they finished on time for you guys

GSUB

Smash Lord
you and stab didn't do anything but if you mean we as in Connor (?) JDM and Boss then yeah they finished on time for you guys
I already thanked JDM, he helped a lot, when we didn't ask for it. We never said, "hey if JDM doesn't do this, we aren't going to."
Are we suppossed to say, "No JDM, you can't help, it'll make us look bad."

What does all that have to do with finishing on time??? Calling matches isn't a big deal, most people will find their match on the bracket and just play it, and if other people are calling matches, what am I suppossed to do, just say it again after they've called it??

why would you disregard those positves and only highlight those two things??? Stab did a lot for this tournament moneywise, renting venue, buying pizza, preparing extra snacks, getting bottled water, and just taking care of the community...

And I think I remember you sayting earlier there were enough setups.
And who had problems playing tournament matches??
ANd lots of matches WERE recorded.

MacD

Banned via Administration
ummmm, i remember asking cameron who he had to play, he said the winner of a rookie and someone

i go look at the bracket, that match was like the first round of losers while everyone else is up to winner's semi's and at least 3-4 rounds in losers...

so although yes people can go look at a bracket and find matches, that only happens with people who go to tournies lots and normally with the more expierenced players, when was the last time people figured out their 1st round and played it, then found out their next match in winners or losers and played it?

if stab/anyone wants to host let them, but if they just want to have a tourny and not run it, then make sure they say that and have someone else be in charge

stab provided food and a venue which we are all greatful for, but boss/jdm/whoever called matches, recorded vids, and basically ran the tourny which we are thankful for (even though none of them went to this thinking they would have to)

Kira-

Smash Champion
the tournament could have ended at 6pm

i remember telling stab that we should start singles because there was only one match of doubles going on at a time (losers then grand finals)

there was like an hour break in between them or something where nothing happened except friendlies. singles hadn't even been seeded yet, and i highly doubt they didn't have time to seed while doubles was going on.

the venue was ****, no doubt, the food was awesome
stab asking "who didn't pay venue fee", or asking various people whether they paid for singles was not
the fact that he didn't even attempt to run singles, nor did he have any idea what matches were being played was not

most of the time when i looked over at the computer there was nobody sitting there. then later when there was it was either boss or jdm

not trying to be hard on him, he is young, but he has to understand there is a certain responsibility that comes with hosting a tournament.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
What does all that have to do with finishing on time??? Calling matches isn't a big deal
Saying crap like this proves you are obviously biased and you really shouldn't be involved in this discussion.

Here's the thing: stop trying to protect your friend. Stop getting defensive. People aren't complaining for no reason. I didn't complain for no reason at the last tournament -- what, you think I like making little kids feel bad? Just admit Stab (and I guess you since you're "co-host") did a poor job, resign to fix it in the future, and stop exacerbating the situation by trying to defend every little ****ing thing. Take some responsibility and leave it alone, jesus.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
My channel.

Finished doubles and am about half way through singles.

Blame the ridiculous time it takes to upload for why they aren't all up yet.

GSUB

Smash Lord
My channel.

Finished doubles and am about half way through singles.

Blame the ridiculous time it takes to upload for why they aren't all up yet.
Yes actually. because you've been uploading all day. good **** =D
Dumb upload times though...

I remember someone uploads really fast... I think it's Juggleguy, his vids are up within minutes of each other @_@

Ekoli

Smash Journeyman
you can take your complains with jkun up with jkun, but stab is an awful host. every single person has put their say in it, which if nothing else should convince you. a couple of screw ups? the last tournament of his i went to he barely ran anything. this is the second and probably third and fourth mistakes if you really wanna be real, people just cut him a break in the past.

who cares? that's life. no one's hassling him, he's not that special -- it's just proving the extent of his **** up. you're getting into semantics when you're trying to defend someone who can't run a tournament while simultaneously charging a venue fee. tough ****.
yea.. i guess your right. maybe i shud start making inputs about the "video game" tournaments i go once i start kicking it up 2 gear in school, Wow P, im enlightened. (No sarcasm there) ;)...

Btw, I can't help but 2 back him up, i'd prolly do the same for any of you depending what the circumstances are, what can i say? I guess I like to "Fight for my Friends"

DJMirror

Smash Master
if you want really fast uploading speed...I suggest you get yourself a Starbucks internet card for 5 bucks (last about 30 days)

one vid takes only about 3 minutes to youtube

and i guess i'll stop being a jerk online O___o.....

as long stab get things done right

JDM

Smash Champion
I got all the good matches recorded except Zhu vs Lucky winners which was my bad.

GSUB

Smash Lord
if you want really fast uploading speed...I suggest you get yourself a Starbucks internet card for 5 bucks (last about 30 days)

one vid takes only about 3 minutes to youtube

and i guess i'll stop being a jerk online O___o.....

as long stab get things done right
3 minutes??? dangggg.

And thank you! I like the genuinely FUNNY Jkun better than d**k Jkun way better n_n

I got all the good matches recorded except Zhu vs Lucky winners which was my bad.
It's okay, you got A LOT. It is much appreciated.
THANK YOU.

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
i really appreciate when youtube accounts are organized well and easy to search through

also use real tags lol, like GREV 4 or whatever, though i did laugh at

Tags:
**** awesome cool socal melee ssbm omg wombo combo where you at

bbb

Smash Champion
I ****ing hate when people don't use good tags, making it hella hard to find the video

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
Actually they make it really easy. All I had to do was paste those tags into the youtube search and it came up as the first video.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
man... i wish i could find videos from this tournament

however, searching 'grev melee tournament' and 'stab melee tournament' dont bring up anything

too bad
Or y'know, you could search for my youtube account or search for the people playing like "lovage vs kira"

And if all else fails, youtube has a subscribe function. >_>

D

Deleted member

you should have an n64 side tournament

this tournament finished at the same time as last tournaments when n64 side tourney existed

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
The N64 side tourney didn't have enough entries last time. A 5-man tourney isn't particularly the best turn out. If you have at least 8 people, then it might be possible to hold a side tournament, but even then...you just need more people who want to do it.

Top Bottom