• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grev presents ~ Stab's 949 area Melee tourney, Today! May 2nd! Get hype!

metaphysicist

Smash Cadet
i'm probably coming if as long as my SAT wraps up by 12ish or before. i'm also waiting to see if i couple smasher friends of mine are coming, some of you probably know them... i know aznforce does

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Ok so basically I've decided on the venue price and the discounts.

Venue fee is 3 bucks

TV is $2 discount
Cube is $1 discount
Power strip is $1 discount

The discounts stack so if you bring TV + Cube or anyone other combinations, they add together. Bring all 3 and I will contribute $1 to your singles or doubles fee too.

Edit: Now the first post looks all nice n' stuff. :)

G~low

Smash Apprentice
Ok so basically I've decided on the venue price and the discounts.

The discounts stack so if you bring TV + Cube or anyone other combinations, they add together. Bring all 3 and I will contribute $1 to your singles or doubles fee too.

Edit: Now the first post looks all nice n' stuff. :)
=0
agreed, good deal
sounds 2 good

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Yeah pretty much, since I don't have to pay anything if the venue is left clean and I don't plan on pocketing any.

I still need a Guilty gear rule set

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
Tournaments

Q) What are the rules for Guilty Gear tournaments?
Tournaments are open to anyone, any age or gender or race.
If the tournament is on Console, it will be on PS2. You can bring your own controller and configure your buttons how you like. You may or may not be able to use Macros, depending on who is running the tournament. General rule of thumb is simply DO NOT USE MACROS, and you won't have a problem.
Gold, Shadow, EX characters are all BANNED. GG Mode and GGX Mode are BANNED. Kliff and Justice are BANNED. Robo Ky is banned in X2, but legal in #Reload.
Auto-fire / Turbo settings for your controllers are BANNED. You can use a controller with them, but you can't use them!

Q) What are some other general rules for tournaments?
Most tournaments are run 2/3 rounds, on the best 2/3 matches. Most are also played Double Elimination, so even if you lose once, you get a second chance to come back and win.
If you pause the game during a tournament match, it is up to the other player what happens. The default is that you lose the round, and continue on. The other player can just request a free hit, or just an unpause, if he wants.
Generally, you may only change characters if you lost the previous match.

copy and pasted from dustloop
LOL @ race and gender rules

Grila

Smash Journeyman
omg lol
just like all the tournaments we've been to when both of us are there and we enter teams what did we do??? oh yea team lol

GSUB

Smash Lord
glow... let's team.
-_-

EDIT: And GLOW!!!! take off the other sh*t from your sig dude. Only enough room for that yo.

EDIT Again: Good job stab with making the thread look legit. And thanks for putting up my banner.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
All the colors **** my eyes.

Anyone care what toppings are on the pizzas? I was gonna have mostly cheese with a few pepperoni and a pineapple.

GSUB

Smash Lord
And why are your banners so random Gsub? XD

"That aint random!!!!
(falco)?
"

The banner wasn't random.
i think you're referring to glow's sig, and my sig.

if you knew glow, he loves electabuzz, and mgs4, and
-_- = teh crazy face (HIS FAVORITE FACE!!!)

soup = soupoftheday (hisonline name for most games)

and the SCAR (the gun) is the gun old snake uses in mgs4! DUH!!

and the quote is like, just some **** we/he says.

My sig:
It's snorlax (self-explanitory as to why it's there, if not, kill yourself)

:3 = one of my faves

that thing in the bottom left is missingno. (pkmn rby status)(and my old avatar)

and my quote... it happened.
and i say i guess a lot.
there....

happy???

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
It better be on the 2nd, cause the two weeks before it, I have U.S.C. college stuff going on that I must attend (acceptance get together and admittance overnighter). And my votes would be:

Pizza:
Lots of cheese, some pepperoni, a little bit of pineapple, and Sig and I would agree, ham!

Drinks:
Would love to have both soda and water there. Water's good for before matches, soda's good for watching them.

Fungus Amongus

Smash Apprentice
PINEAPPLE? ****EN TRASH!

Sausage and pepperoni. If people want cheese, they can take off their toppings. And pineapple? Wtf? ***** please.

Grila

Smash Journeyman
lol
The return of t3h cr4zy?

Oh and I fixed my siggy
actually nvm i thought about last time me and michel were on teams and i think it shud be us vs "teh cr4zy"...good times yo

and hopefully ekoli n ghad team then that would be **** too

Top Bottom