• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground breaking new Ic ability or monstrosity you decide

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Messed around with it yesterday and got Nana to go into a state where she started watching/walking towards the screen when she walked, it was too funny to see XD

Alfa

Smash Apprentice
Just curious, but has anyone tested if it is possible to fuse off of stage hazards, the Halberd and Corneria lasers could probably work, and maybe the ones on spear pillar too. Also, has anyone tested if water has any effect on fusion at all?

chewyy

Smash Ace
So, does that setup for fussion (de-sync f-smash, nana squall hammer) work on any stage?
I believe that if the game thinks that nana died (judging by where she SHOULD be if the fusion glitch wasn't in effect) then the teleportation glitch thing starts.

So that will work on any stage with an edge. It may be harder to use that to cause it on snake's stage (currently blanking on the name). But it should work if you are close enough to the blast zone.

edit: So has anyone been able to bring nana back? I tried using up-B (to get her to teleport to me) near the blast zone where she "died" but it didn't work.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Double post.

So I don't think this is very practical. The setup is situational and basically all the opponent has to do is grab you and you lose nana (teleportation glitch starts). Then, as long as we can't find a way to make nana come back (which is looking doubtful) we SHOULD be required to SD when the teleportation glitch is in effect. So they grab us and we lose a stock.

Any problems with my logic? :ohwell:

MaxThunder

PM Support
Double post.

So I don't think this is very practical. The setup is situational and basically all the opponent has to do is grab you and you lose nana (teleportation glitch starts). Then, as long as we can't find a way to make nana come back (which is looking doubtful) we SHOULD be required to SD when the teleportation glitch is in effect. So they grab us and we lose a stock.

i guess that would make it into a "grab or die" game... cause no matter who is grabbed, they lose a stock...(if ic's guy dont fail...) someone should definately try this in a tournament... would be fun... probably...

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
I was at a smashfest yesturday and I was able to fuse easily off a falco player real time. Taking them up and killing with fair is a blast.
As for metaknight , I'd always rather just pivot grab a tornado then fuse off of it.

Double post.

Everyone that ive shown it to agrees that it isn't ban worthy.
They dont have to get teleported if they know the consequences , nana's useless and we have no recovery.

Smoom77

Smash Master
So I fused during a ladder set today on aib. I had this idea since I noticed that you can grab while shielding Pika's dsmash (even though Nana grabs while popo flies off). If Nana grabs Pika, Popo flies off, Nana/Pika will follow him! If Popo dies, Pika dies too! I'll need to test this.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Everyone that ive shown it to agrees that it isn't ban worthy.
They dont have to get teleported if they know the consequences , nana's useless and we have no recovery.
They don't think the teleport glitch is ban worthy?

Uair with a certain hit causes the teleport for the record...
Do you mean that it starts the glitch(puts nana in the constant belay thing)? or that it causes the player to teleport?

Smasher89

Smash Lord
No vid, but I hit with a kind of sweetspot, think of it like the sweetspot with the dsmash, you need to hit "inside" the opponent with the whole attack for it to work...

chewyy

Smash Ace
My friend was able to defuse us by boost pivot grabbing Nana with falco.
She didnt get ****ed up or anything.
Weird...

No vid, but I hit with a kind of sweetspot, think of it like the sweetspot with the dsmash, you need to hit "inside" the opponent with the whole attack for it to work...
Which character were you? Did you use c-stick for the uair? You probably just jumped due to tap jump. [/blatant disbelief]

Is it true that you can do this by blizzarding and fsmashing at the same time in desynch?
Do what? Fuse?

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
are u sure the opponent to happen to input jump at about the time u hit them with the uair. cuz jumping around the ice climbers while fused and nana is in free fall state causes the opponent to teleport.

chewyy

Smash Ace
Not really, it's already known that you can force a defuse by grabbing Nana and moving her away from Popo quickly (throw etc.).
Lol, alright. I didn't mess with it too much (just that one day) so I wasn't aware of that. Though I did find that when the opponent grabbed popo while the fusion glitch was active, nana would "run" in a direction (I forgot which, I think it was in the direction of the grab, which makes sense considering nana's AI, right?) which, if the grab lasted long enough or if you were close enough to the edge, could cause nana to "die" causing the belay glitch. Probably already known, right? :p

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Lol, alright. I didn't mess with it too much (just that one day) so I wasn't aware of that. Though I did find that when the opponent grabbed popo while the fusion glitch was active, nana would "run" in a direction (I forgot which, I think it was in the direction of the grab, which makes sense considering nana's AI, right?) which, if the grab lasted long enough or if you were close enough to the edge, could cause nana to "die" causing the belay glitch. Probably already known, right? :p
teehee.

Well, yeah. haha

But really, I won't pretend to know everything about this, I haven't exactly been closely paying attention to this thread. I basically just know stuff from my own experiments and also random tidbits I happen to read whenever I do check this thread, everything I found on my own I posted on page 1 so I guess I just assume everyone else knows it too lol. Sorry if I came off as rude/insensitive, I get the feeling you're teasing me for it. D:

uwah! so awkward

chewyy

Smash Ace
...Well yeah, I'm posting in this topic. :laugh:
We were just talking about activating a teleport by an uair. So, in context, I thought it could have been referring to a teleport. You could at least read the previous few posts before posting :rolleyes:

teehee.

Well, yeah. haha

But really, I won't pretend to know everything about this, I haven't exactly been closely paying attention to this thread. I basically just know stuff from my own experiments and also random tidbits I happen to read whenever I do check this thread, everything I found on my own I posted on page 1 so I guess I just assume everyone else knows it too lol. Sorry if I came off as rude/insensitive, I get the feeling you're teasing me for it. D:

uwah! so awkward
Lol, it's fine, I was just pointing that out and I honestly thought that you'd know it. I mean when I was messing with it, I was like "hey, what happens if I grab nana" then I eff up cuz I'm using two controllers and grab popo, then nana "SDs." Pretty natural thought process, IMO.

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
A running blizzard can also be obtained by squall(popo only) and blizzard with nana(has to be desynched though)

but nice find dual running blizzard is best (except cant grab as a follow up)

chewyy

Smash Ace
lol chewyy you dont have a clue about any thing i say right?

watch his video, he does a dual running blizzard in the same direction
whose video?

And I probably don't know what you're talking about because your explanations suck~~

Also, I've been pretty sure you've been spouting garbage but I figure I should figure out what you're talking about before completely disregarding it. So far I've been right. :ohwell:

No hate! <3

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
I was going to learn ICs, but now this is just going to get them banned.

And honestly, you think the ICs ATs are going to stop here? No. I but there are a thousand things that are messed up about them.

Probably stuff like when you blizzard and get hit, if anything was in the blizzard, they'd get fused to popo. LOL.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I was going to learn ICs, but now this is just going to get them banned.

And honestly, you think the ICs ATs are going to stop here? No. I but there are a thousand things that are messed up about them.

Probably stuff like when you blizzard and get hit, if anything was in the blizzard, they'd get fused to popo. LOL.
That doesn't even make sense. There is some level of LOGICAL reasoning as to why Nana would stick to Popo when hit out of Squall. You're just making crazy stuff up that is impossible.

And no, I don't think too many things like this will appear any more, if any. How many Freeze Glitches did Melee ICs have? Hell, how many Freeze Glitches did Melee have period?

And NO, this will NOT get them banned. Maybe if it were doable against every character and we could go in and out of it as needed on the fly, it might actually be useful/approaching broken.

sdrohuqe59tpwutsglkhbds;a[e[940lkjfzds

J4pu

Smash Champion
what's the general consensus about this getting banned (and how are they going to ban it) based on the teleport glitch?
I don't feel like reading everything I missed

also, dual blizzards wat?
If popo is using blizzard (on the ground) then he can't be moving now can he?

what's the general consensus about this getting banned (and how are they going to ban it) based on the teleport glitch?
I don't feel like reading everything I missed

also, dual blizzards wat?
If popo is using blizzard (on the ground) then he can't be moving now can he?
I say that it is not going to get banned. This only affects a number of match-ups. (And really, if this helps against MK, I say do not ban it, more reason that he might have a counter :laugh:) DDD's infinite on a few characters has not been banned on the grounds it really only affects a few MUs. This is almost exactly the same thing.

J4pu

Smash Champion
yeah... except there's the part where nana dies, it glitches, and they start teleporting to their death.
which was mainly what I wanted the answer pertaining to. (is it gunna be banned altogether: if you do it you lose, force a reset: if you do it you have to cancel the fusion immediately, if the nana glitch happens you have to SD: self-explanatory, other options)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
got fusion to work today. then i manually switched it to where nana was in perpetual freefall. ness touched me and teleported under the stage. why do you people still think this will ever be legal?

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
got fusion to work today. then i manually switched it to where nana was in perpetual freefall. ness touched me and teleported under the stage. why do you people still think this will ever be legal?
i agree with this. even if it may be situational and it only works against some characters. its still rigged and it can autokill ur opponent and u dont even have to touch them.

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
whose video?

And I probably don't know what you're talking about because your explanations suck~~

Also, I've been pretty sure you've been spouting garbage but I figure I should figure out what you're talking about before completely disregarding it. So far I've been right. :ohwell:

No hate! <3
By "spouting garbage" I think you mean abbreviating things

would you rather me say dual blizzards? or this paragraph below?

By the definition "dual" (composed or consisting of two people, items, parts, etc., together; twofold; double: dual ownership; dual controls on a plane.), and "Blizzard", the side special attack done by the Ice climbers. If you put the two together you get this: a side special attack consisting of two people. The normal special attack is done by both climbers BUT not in the same direction (don't comment if you are going to say "Well you could just desynch"), the attacks done in the video (watch them all, OR simply one or read the title its FUSION and in this case with a BLIZZARD, if you can not understand this one simple thing about the main concept of this technique then I have no clue what to tell you). In the video that he uses blizzard, look at the Ice Climbers, they face the same direction thus one can call it a DUAL BLIZZARD since they are hit with two times the normal amount( they do it together).

So which is better; me writing a huge reply on a thread or saying two words that anyone can easily look up in the dictionary if they don't understand the words meanings?

So long story short look words up if you don't understand them chewyy, or rely on common sense more.

Top Bottom