• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground breaking new Ic ability or monstrosity you decide

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
if this technique doesn't get banned then whoever makes these decisions is officially ********.

they are literally breaking the game. And glitching. Running blizzards? wtf. Thats like a free grab. Which is a 0-death. 2gay.
Edit: Never read Cheese's post.

Okay, this is broken.

We deserved something good for people to moan about to take the heat off our chaingrab anyway.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I dont see how you guys can even believe this is broken without letting it out in a tourney situation.

We ONLY ban stuff if either
A) It does nothing but promote stalling
B) It is literally too good<needs tourney evidence.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I dont see how you guys can even believe this is broken without letting it out in a tourney situation.

I think the WORST case scenario will be that it gets the Wobble treatment. Selectively banned here and there and/or by agreement. I'll premiere it in tourney this Saturday, see if it actually changes the MK matchup.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I think the WORST case scenario will be that it gets the Wobble treatment. Selectively banned here and there and/or by agreement. I'll premiere it in tourney this Saturday, see if it actually changes the MK matchup.
I doubt it changes much to the MK matchup since it doesnt fix any of the problems we have vs MK save for gimping nana alone(now your both getting gimped : ) ).

Seriously, i think the only part where this is gonna be useful is doubles where you can now cg to death near instantly.

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I doubt it changes much to the MK matchup since it doesnt fix any of the problems we have vs MK save for gimping nana alone(now your both getting gimped : ) ).

Seriously, i think the only part where this is gonna be useful is doubles where you can now cg to death near instantly.
THAT is a really good point. I'll try it in doubles too. However, It helps against MK, because it makes the death grab a permanent concern, since Nana is always available to CG, powershields guaranteed CGs.

swordgard

Smash Hero
THAT is a really good point. I'll try it in doubles too. However, It helps against MK, because it makes the death grab a permanent concern, since Nana is always available to CG, powershields guaranteed CGs.
True, but MK should not even get grabbed by solo ice climber either way since you can solo cg into full infinite(that is if you know how to make it so that there isnt a huge frame break up whenever you switch between the two : O )

ch33s3

Smash Lord
True, but MK should not even get grabbed by solo ice climber either way since you can solo cg into full infinite(that is if you know how to make it so that there isnt a huge frame break up whenever you switch between the two : O )
And if you grab him beyond solo CG %? Huh! What now!? Haha, it's helpful, but not earth-shatteringly so.

swordgard

Smash Hero
And if you grab him beyond solo CG %? Huh! What now!? Haha, it's helpful, but not earth-shatteringly so.

Solo cg is like super useful, but the point is, you lose some of your protection when you do this because now there is 1 thing you have no defense against as soon as you use your blizz(not going to post it, if you want to know then talk to me on aim).

ch33s3

Smash Lord
Solo cg is like super useful, but the point is, you lose some of your protection when you do this because now there is 1 thing you have no defense against as soon as you use your blizz(not going to post it, if you want to know then talk to me on aim).
Teehee, secretses. Seriously, if he tells you, DON'T post it.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Lol, why does everyone believe that this is the only thing that would allow ics to compete in doubles. Oh well, im still teaming with bowser forever XD.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
No one in their right mind is going to let this not be banned with the teleportation glitch.

"Uh oh he's fused, now he can grab me more easily and I can't gimp Nana. I know! I'll jump so I can avoid being grabbed! WTF? How the **** did I get underneath the stage??"

All you'd have to do is camp ice blocks on the other side of the stage and time them out with Nana in her freefall state and the opponent repeatedly teleporting underneath the stage. Does not need tournament evidence. If there's no way to reliably stop the teleportation glitch it must be banned.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
No one in their right mind is going to let this not be banned with the teleportation glitch.

"Uh oh he's fused, now he can grab me more easily and I can't gimp Nana. I know! I'll jump so I can avoid being grabbed! WTF? How the **** did I get underneath the stage??"

All you'd have to do is camp ice blocks on the other side of the stage and time them out with Nana in her freefall state and the opponent repeatedly teleporting underneath the stage. Does not need tournament evidence. If there's no way to reliably stop the teleportation glitch it must be banned.
Why would you worry about being grabbed when Nana is in freefall state and uncontrollable?

Also, you can't camp ice blocks with just one Ice Climber. They're about as slow as Wolf's lasers, but you don't have as much movement with them and they only stay on the ground, so the opponent can just... you know... jump every few seconds to avoid them and still not approach.

This glitch isn't ban-worthy yet.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman

Dude, I'm an Iceys main.

I'm saying it's broken in the delicious way, if you get me.

Oh and good luck in the tourney Cheese.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
lol you can ice block camp if the opponent randomly gets teleported to the other side of the stage when they try to approach. Nothing stops Ice Climbers from just sitting in complete safety on the opposite end of the stage until the timer runs out. Because they can't you know just jump if everytime they do they get teleported beneath the stage.

Yes, very banworthy for the exact same reason as idc. It potentially makes you literally invincible until the timer runs out.

Unless you figure out a way to stop the teleportation glitch, it will and should be banned.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
im not gonna lie. this teleporting glitch is a too good edge guarding technique. just jump out there after them and space urself so u dont get hit, if they use a jump they get teleported and die. haha, they are forced to use there recovery move. which hopefully u can get to the edge b4 them :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Yes, please do keep it a secret from the community that which it affects it.

/sarcasm

It doesn't matter, TBH. If any of this has any substance, you'll do it on people, and they will find out how it works and how to counter it, and they won't be as reluctant as you to try to delay the inevitable.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Kinzer, this sorta thing is cool--it's right, people will see it happen, but it's much harder to figure out if they haven't seen/heard of it in detail before. Other fighting game communities keep tricks hidden from the people they are trying to beat as well XD

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
honestly, I don't think pulling this technique off in tournament is going to happen very often, unless there are SEVERAL guaranteed set ups. the real question is, what is the ratio of IC players in your area? I know for a fact that IC's aren't the most popular character. had this technique somehow been available to MK, snake, falco, etc. then it would be banned. but I only know of like, 3-4 IC mains in all of California, so I doubt it will be a big problem in the tournament scene

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Actually IC's USED to not be very popular, now there are A TON more IC player compared to the original IC mains.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
that may be so, but the rise in IC mains still doesn't deter from the fact that they aren't as popular as some other characters.

fact is, this shouldn't be banned. check back in 3-4 months so people have time to work with it, then people can decide whether its ban worthy.

just remember, wobbling was banned for the longest time, but then people realized it wasn't broken. don't go around swinging the ban hammer with no proof of it being broken.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Just great... you've got Ice Climbers that can go siamese whenever Nana gets hit during frames she should be with Popo. CGing is bad as it is. This just takes it to a whole different level, and making grabbing all that much easier.

I don't think it's ban worthy, but it's something that will be under close surveilence, since it's potential is vast from what it offers: An undying Nana (no matter how ******** the AI can be) being what seems to me to be the greatest benefit of all.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
So I've been keeping a close eye on this tech and I've read through every post. Has anyone tested if you can fuse on every single move that every character can do? It's not just electric moves as proven by the possibility to fuse with MK's tornado, so it leaves the question, what other moves can it by done with? For all we know, it might be possible to do with most moves but just a lot easier to do with moves with specific properties. So instead of theorising what this property is, why doesn't someone test every move? Of course, it would be madness to ask one person to do this, so maybe you could work it out between you so you only have to test one or two characters each.
Just a thought.

Oh and yeah, screw banning this until it is abused in touneys to the point where IC mains are winning the majority of touneys because of this. This is way too cool to ban.

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
Two questions.

In the fused state, what is Squall Hammer like?

In the fused state, what is Down Smash like?

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
this'll be banned in a month, I guarantee it lol. Until then I'll try and break a tournament with it

Smoom77

Smash Master
Two questions.

In the fused state, what is Squall Hammer like?
It defuses them. It's pretty normal when they're desynced though.

In the fused state, what is Down Smash like?
It seems like to me that the motion that popo's dsmash gives to opponents to bring them to Nana's dsmash is sorta gone. If I see it correctly, it's almost like one hit. :(

Someone correct me though.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
wait, ok guys, isnt the rule that states you cant do anything that makes a character freeze or disappear while in a match. doesnt nana teleporting ur opponent under the stage count as disappearing ur opponent and making them reappear somewhere else.
and when nana is in free fall state. does that count as her being frozen?

cuz if so, its already bannable. :p

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
the only time any sort of freezing glitch is banned is if it makes the match unplayable. this obviously isn't the case here.

NOT BANNABLE UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
OK so I picked up the Ice Climbers and learned this broken tech already lol, in "Lay-mans" terms to super easily activate this "broken" glitch Nana must be hit by a projectile with electrical properties (I.e Falco's laser, pikachu's TJ etc) The moment Nana is hit with the projectile activate squall hammer like 1-2 frames after (I think it's 1 frame though) the moment she's hit and she will be stunned trying to join Popo in the attack lol

Basic "Fusion" Attacks with that I've done are running blizzard and walking Ice block, to do you must De-sync with in the "Fusion" state and perform one of those attacks with Nana, while she is performing the attack you as Popo can move while she's doing it and create an incredibly semi-short range attack to a "longer" range lol

"Fusion" Jumping CG

Perform the usually Alternate B-throw and make Nana grab the opponent, while Nana is grabbing the opponent jump with Popo.

Sorry for posting this If yall already know how to do this and stuff lol I just wanted the people who don't know how to perform it to learn how to do it simply without having to read all of the frame data stuff lol and welcome me "JaPan" a New fellow Ice Climber! :D

sirchadakiss18

Smash Journeyman
the only time any sort of freezing glitch is banned is if it makes the match unplayable. this obviously isn't the case here.

NOT BANNABLE UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE
...Dude...I was doing Ice block...within' a De-synce'd Squall hammer! Ban plz.

Their CG's are already broken as it is :/

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
welcome sirchadakiss18! yes all that u have said already has been explained. but thx for explaining it again cuz i dont feel like typing it out again for someone else who wants to know how to do some kool things while fused. :p

Top Bottom