• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GTAN Brawl+ Power Rankings [Mini Update! 07/22/10]

5ive

Smash Champion
honestly marik id have to disagree that brawl+ is more competitive. my belief is that its all reaction time and if anyone would like to prove me wrong i will mm that entire pr list in brawl+ (a game iv played maybe 2 or 3 times and it was the older versions) for any amount of money, except distructo.
That doesn't prove that Brawl+ is less competitive. Brawl+ is made so people from Brawl can easily transition into it. I would expect the best Brawl players to do well in Brawl+. It's not something that isn't expected to be honest.

But really guys, discussion on which is the better game should stop. We have our differences, and a lot of these arguments are arguments from ignorance.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
honestly marik id have to disagree that brawl+ is more competitive. my belief is that its all reaction time and if anyone would like to prove me wrong i will mm that entire pr list in brawl+ (a game iv played maybe 2 or 3 times and it was the older versions) for any amount of money, except distructo.
$1 MM Bo3.

I love winning moneys. :)

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Times like these I really wish I had mod powers so I could perma-ban anyone who uses threads about different games as an excuse to argue over which game is better. Then I realize that's probably why I don't have mod powers =(.

Everyone needs to realize that the list is really sketchy right now, there haven't really been enough Brawl+ tourneys nor enough consistent attendance except for a few people who enter every tourney so it's going to be hard to place everyone until we have more data. Personally I know that people like Minus, Niko, Percon, and KingAce would almost definitely be on the list - if only we had more data to back that.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Everyone needs to realize that the list is really sketchy right now, there haven't really been enough Brawl+ tourneys nor enough consistent attendance except for a few people who enter every tourney so it's going to be hard to place everyone until we have more data. Personally I know that people like Minus, Niko, Percon, and KingAce would almost definitely be on the list - if only we had more data to back that.
That's probably the entire reason 5ive created this list.

To attract more attention to the GtaN Brawl+ scene, and reputation is a big factor in making sure this is successful.

I would continue on picking apart Swordgard's fallicious argument, but I respect 5ive.

Ace, good players will always do good in Brawl+, because you were good before the transition, and can adapt moderately well.

I've seen random people at the Coffee Time play Brawl+ and tear everything up. So, enter tournaments and earn that respect.

:yoshi:

For the record, I will only be playing Brawl+ on the 22nd, most likely because I'll be saving money for Anime North. We'll see though.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Personally I know that people like Minus, Niko, Percon, and KingAce would almost definitely be on the list - if only we had more data to back that.
I came 2nd at the first b+ tourney we had out here, only losing to Holy twice. As I haven't been in another b+ tourney since then, I'll note that I have a positive record against every single person I've played in the scene in friendlies, including everyone on the list that I've played.

Is that enough data? :laugh:
The fact that I'm not even mentioned on the "honourable mentions" part, you can understand why I'm pissed, I've been completely overlooked, does it has to do with some saltyness of the panelists towards me?

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I came 2nd at the first b+ tourney we had out here, only losing to Holy twice. As I haven't been in another b+ tourney since then, I'll note that I have a positive record against every single person I've played in the scene in friendlies, including everyone on the list that I've played.

Is that enough data? :laugh:
The fact that I'm not even mentioned on the "honourable mentions" part, you can understand why I'm pissed, I've been completely overlooked, does it has to do with some saltyness of the panelists towards me?
You've definitely got no salt from me Nate. The list was actually pretty well finished before I even got a first glance at it. Only one change was made to the list I was shown and it wasn't something that I proposed. I'm barely even a panelist right now... I basically looked over the finished list and said "yeah, that looks good". The hardest part about determining who else should be on the list is finding out who is going to continue or return to being active; TBH I hadn't even remembered to think about you when I was looking over the list; if I did I certainly would have proposed putting you pretty high on the list.

5ive

Smash Champion
Minus, you deserve an honorable mention. We acknowledge your skill, but you only have one tournament placing. I know this is due to school, but we have to be fair. Fashoomp is in the same predicament as you; one tournament, great placing. If we include friendlies, he also did very well in that (this would be weighted the least, if anything). If I were to give one spot to him or you, I would honestly pick Fashoomp though, as he entered the most recent tournament.

I wouldn't worry about it Minus, you're PR material. Just go to the tournament on the 22nd and **** as usual.

Self Distructo

Smash Apprentice
Brawl + is not a much better game, it is actually a shallower game that promises worst players better placing by dumbing down the mindgame level required and giving most characters auto-combo moves. Its own creation was made almost purely of arbitrary decisions, mostly made by people that were not good at brawl, and also partly made by people who wanted it to be like melee but without any skill required to combo. If anything, its just a dumbed down remix of brawl and melee.

Don't bash brawl when you have not even see what it is like at the top of the metagame.
HEY I WAS GOOD IN BRAWL i VSD U IN AIB REMEMBR ND WE WER BEST BUDS

E For Eugene

Smash Apprentice
5 dollar money match? Im so bad at all smash games.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I could use some Melee practice.

No money matches though. I'll think about Brawl+.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Times like these I really wish I had mod powers so I could perma-ban anyone who uses threads about different games as an excuse to argue over which game is better. Then I realize that's probably why I don't have mod powers =(.

Percon quit brawl, but aside form that, early in the year when I was practicing for LBT2 and Percon stating that he would go (and then ended up not going =/), we practiced Brawl+ cause we planned to team and whatnot, and just sayin (and you can ask him also), I am definitely better than him (though he is really good, could prolly beat 5ive)

ill be on here soon enough. Taking Jon down in the process. Bye bye Link. ;)
thats a good attitude

camden

Smash Apprentice
Oh, this looks cool. I wish people actually played this where I live. CPU's are my only sparring partner. :'(

BTW, what version do you guys use for your tourneys?

camden

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the sarcasm, guys, that's exactly what I was looking for. >.> The only reason I ask is because I know that some groups still only use older versions. Don't know why, Gold is <3.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I miss the versions where ROB's Dsmash was not a GTFO move and actually setup for comboes :(.

also, change the PR please, I hate seeing this :yoshi: instead of this :yoshi2:. I'm dead serious, change that now 5ive.

Jer

Smash Ace
I'm not honestly about to read this whole thread, i'm just gunna say swordgard is a big homo, your trolling skills suck big nuts (Just like you might i add) and just leave a b+ pr and go play your CG and camp game. Enjoy

Patches

Smash Master
I honestly do think I should at least be an up and comer... I know it's not recent, at too poor for genesis, if I remember correctly, I beat BOTH Carter and avarice. :p

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
Uhh fizz u lost to fonez who quit.
u got owned(period)
see what i did there?

Edit - Fonez for PR!

.Marik

is a social misfit
also, change the PR please, I hate seeing this :yoshi: instead of this :yoshi2:. I'm dead serious, change that now 5ive.
You will leave it. :yoshi:

I'm not honestly about to read this whole thread, i'm just gunna say swordgard is a big homo, your trolling skills suck big nuts (Just like you might i add) and just leave a b+ pr and go play your CG and camp game. Enjoy
I love you. So much. <3

Top Bottom