• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GTAN Brawl+ Power Rankings [Mini Update! 07/22/10]

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
Nha, mostly saying that after seeing how the B+ decisions occured, how the WBR selection process was made and how it got overthrown by one person, I have no faith in the b+ community. Most people that switch to B+ are bad players that are tired of "camping" in brawl when its actually them that just suck at the game. If you want a faster paced game, go to melee, no need to make a game where everything auto-comboes, thus giving the impression to players that they are "better" when the game has only succeeded in diminishing the amount of consistency required with most characters. I don't like people bashing on other games they suck at when they have very bad reasonnings behind it.

More-over, the people in the WBR are totally inept to balance the game. Having everything beat the **** out of everything on 1st hit does not make the game balanced, it just makes stocks go away faster. This decreases the amount of consistency required, especially since no technical consistency is required from the beginning. This in itself makes results more unpredictable, once again making bad people feel better because they can more often place higher than before. Also, it is impossible to pretend to be able to balance a game where there is literally no consistent community and a turnout which is big enough to even justify most of the changes that were made. I was surprised at the answer I got myself when I asked why ics infinite were removed. Some of the most prominent members of the WBR told me "we didn't feel like it fit in the game". Aka, we don't like it so lets remove it. Did I also mention how many of the versions have literally no change list, simply because theCape did not felt like justifying most of his changes to people? Or how no logs are even kept for most justifications? The topics that came out from the WBR leak showed what the WBR really is like.

Melee had some degree of consistency required, it required you to read DI to actually combo. Comboes actually required skills to perform. Brawl has no or little to no comboes, so the only way to combo is to read your opponent and followup. Brawl+ requires neither of those, things either combo or they don't. And for the most part, they all do. By doing this, you make it so that most moves completely viable as attacking options leaving defensive aspects to the game. Whoever gets the first combo in gets a huge advantage, then the game slowly turns into a 2 hit comboes version of brawl at above 70%. It only reduces the amount of consistency required overall, and favors going more offensive with your best attack over and over. The lack of defensive options also make the game more shallow.

Basically, dumbing down the game is not the solution. Nor are arbitrary choices. Hell, name me the exact goal for making B+. Making the game balanced? Obviously not the case, bbrawl exists for this, except with their abitrary removal of cgs because they "found it gay". Adding comboes? For what purpose? Adding skilless comboes make comboes pretty much the same as reducing the lifebar in fighting games. Making the game more like melee? At least M project have a clear set goal, so does b-. B+ has no goal, thus everyone tries to make it the way they feel it should be, which is a very bad method for making a game. I brought this issue up once in the WBR, i basically got told "umad, **** off".

As for ally being an outlier, thats just people johnning to make themselves feel better. There are no such thing as "hes different", learn to play better. If you cannot accept its entirely your fault you suck at brawl, you'l never get better. No character johns, the only moment you can truly character john is once you have a pro player mindset and then still lose, which is not really the case for anyone here. I'l translate allys post for you.

"you suck at brawl so you chose an easier game, and i know it"
Duno if im late or intruding but
I totally agree with you

Anth0ny

Smash Master
random question: does anyone from GTA have project M? I know the public is allowed to try it at tourneys now (I read about that kind of stuff in the thread all the time)...

I really wanna try it lol...

XxHollowCorexX

Smash Apprentice
Is it normal to lol at the arguments that just occurred here in the thread?
lolVBrawl vs Brawl+.
It's all about Brawl -
LOLOLOLOL.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Eh.

It was more or less revolving around the fact Swordgard doesn't have a clue what Brawl+ is about.

Jer put it quite nicely.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Eh.

It was more or less revolving around the fact Swordgard doesn't have a clue what Brawl+ is about.

Jer put it quite nicely.
Your funny. Jer is a troll on the boards. Always was, always will be. The fact that you agree with him proves my point, especially when you consistently attack me saying my argument was fallacious, then that I have no clue about the game DESPITE saying that you would not do it because you respect 5five. Get better at arguing and be more consistent.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Learn how to properly spell and punctuate your sentences.

Jer may be a troll, but unfortunately, he's also right.

Just saying, I like to troll as well. Either way, I'll see you on the 22nd.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Learn how to properly spell and punctuate your sentences.

Jer may be a troll, but unfortunately, he's also right.

Just saying, I like to troll as well. Either way, I'll see you on the 22nd.
Yeah, the MM was 5$ right?

My falco's got this. For I am AiR.

swordgard

Smash Hero
This attack on swordgard is unnecessary. English is his 2nd language.
Thanks, but no thanks. He's right, no language johns for me. Except that its not because my sentences are poorly constructed that his logic is right.

kr3wman

Smash Master
what a dumb thread.

of course there's not a lot of threads I consider intelligent on the internet.

kr3wman

Smash Master
what are you talking about.

I don't remember any intelligent or observant posts I made, that's for sure.

man, you guys suck at trolling.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Yo wtf i should up in the pr. **** distructo imma **** that little guys ******* apart until he bleeds to death.

sswizzbbeatss

Smash Apprentice
brawl is hard just like brawl+. yeea hard game yyeeeaaaa. im cool and good yeeayyaa. hardcore yeayyeaa. no intruppt unless ur marth with fair yeaaaaa. im good yeaaaa. yeaaaa. mw2 is hard yeaaaeaea. cool beans yeaaeaeyaeya

Tin Man

Smash Hero

E For Eugene

Smash Apprentice

Gichan

Smash Champion
Tin man gets #1. although he did fail kinda hard. If you place like that one more time though (at least over tinman by a lot again) then yeah you miiigght get it. That is my opinion obviously 5ive may consider something else.

Top Bottom