• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guys..we need to use this. It could alter Peach's metagame forever.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Bah.

I'm digging the short hop air dodge that Peach can so effectively use. I heard a user on the board talk about it a while ago and didn't know how effective it was until a couple weeks ago

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
sh ad into usmash doesn't rly work too well. she falls slow + airdodging into ppl is highly punishable on reaction. i like it when ppl are pinned on plats or near the edge.

hmm...i was gonna see if we can try to use this if we predict we're gonna get smacked by a move like if someone has their hurtbox inside us like when ness hits us with bair or maybe falco utilt or w/e.

needless to say using it like that can't be done on reaction coz usmash is too slow but i might try it over toad sometimes.

ima test stuffz.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

i hope someone understands this soon

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Way ahead of ya, haha. Been conditioning for u-smashes like crazy lately and scoring them a lot more.

z00ted

peachguard has known all this time!!!!

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
I like using upsmash vs dairs more then uptilt

Upper body invincibility too good!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
No.

Terrible suggestion.

Please leave the Peach boards.

z00ted

DING DING DING DING DING

we have a winner!

When snakes are falling back to the stage and they use that b reversal in the air to slide the opposite direction that they are falling (either left or right) you can prepare for this by running with them at first and then dash pivot cancel when they b reversal to set up a very nice upsmash kill.
I've been getting off a lot of upsmash lately... feels good.

edit: maybe you don't actually have to dash pivot cancel, but if you know the b reversal is coming its just a matter of timing to get that upsmash off.

andilex

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0232-8508-7675
Haha yea your right but that's still pretty kool, I wana try this now. When I play Diddy, I like using the b reversal to mix up my landing, so damn he d be dead Like at 80 or 90

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787

z00ted

well at first it was going to be - I thought Upsmash was always a good move but whenever Peachguard brought it up people just dismissed him.

Now that I brought it up and people are actually talking about it - let's discuss the pros and cons or any tricks used to land one.

Nicole

Smash Champion
CON:
really hard to land on most characters
punished if you miss b/c of lag
dumb tiny hitbox
can't be spammed
no setups lead into it at kill %
cant even be done if you're holding a turinp

PRO:
it kills at 100%
ridiculous shieldpush. if you fully charge this ***** on DDD's shield, he cannot even running grab you. anyone near the ledge gets pushed off. so you wont get punished.
looks cool when landed.
sense of satisfaction and superiority for hitting with peach's usmash
***** in teams

a good setup!
jab.
they spotdodge expecting a 2nd hit.
you run inside of them and usmash.
SUCCESS.

(unless they're falco or ddd or some other A55HOLE with a broken spotdodge)

z00ted

wow nicole i didn't know that against DDD thanks.

I've been actually landing upsmash ALOT lately. Especially near the ledge - it limits your opponents options to run and like Nicole said it can slide them off if they shield so it's basically a win win.

Nicole

Smash Champion
wow nicole i didn't know that against DDD thanks.

I've been actually landing upsmash ALOT lately. Especially near the ledge - it limits your opponents options to run and like Nicole said it can slide them off if they shield so it's basically a win win.
lol i kinda meant it like...DDD can't punish it....so no one can.

(actually olimar still can. gayest character in the game BY FAR. **** him)

but yeah.

charge it up and you wont get punished nearly as much as usual. plus they might let down their shield and you could get lucky! against other chars with less range you dont have to charge it as much, so they'll have less time to decide that they want to do something instead of shield (like grab you) or whatever.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
If you're not seriously going to discuss this in a tactical way benefitial to Peach, don't post/spam pleaaassseee.

I figured this thread could be a useful general Usmash thread, but if you guys won't be serious I'll just close it.

I had been meaning to start one, but thanks to Illmatic, we probably have one that will actually be looked at.

well at first it was going to be - I thought Upsmash was always a good move but whenever Peachguard brought it up people just dismissed him.

Now that I brought it up and people are actually talking about it - let's discuss the pros and cons or any tricks used to land one.
Thanks for the back-up.

Lately, most of my kills have been coming from this.

Just keep fishing for this, and it can be extremely satisfying.

culexus・wau

Nicole you forgot that it has an amazing and disjointed vertical hitbox. It beats Link's Dair.
I don't think its that big.

it prob only beats link dair with upper body invuln, if it beat it with pure range alone... it'd be like lucas upsmash.

mastermind914

Smash Rookie
I'd always thought that most Peach kills were from crown. I guess I'll have to start looking for upsmashes, then.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I don't think its that big.

it prob only beats link dair with upper body invuln, if it beat it with pure range alone... it'd be like lucas upsmash.
I'm still highly dubious about this 'upper body invinicibility'. Does anyone have any solid proof of this? I know she ducks in the start-up frames but it has never been clearly shown that she is in fact invincible.

And really, the vertical hitbox is nearly retarted. People get hit by Usmash theeere while her hand is all the way heeere. There's nothing wrong with the hitboxes on top of her, it are the hitboxes next to her that make hitting with Usmash so much harder.

culexus・wau

I remember reading about it sometime back.

I'm too lazy to look for the image/post/whathaveyou though.

I know from experience and practice that it has upper body invuln so **** you ;>

if it didn't have upper body invuln I don't think I would be able to upsmash bob-ombs without getting hurt when her hand is clearly touching it :>c

Top Bottom