• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guys..we need to use this. It could alter Peach's metagame forever.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's really so much easier to land them on large characters.

I'm also skeptical of the invincibility thing. We have a way to check though, I've seen other characters hit bubbles that mark invincible hitboxes in blue. Xyless, BTC? Anyone mind doing some hacking...

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Peach players need to start trying to go for harder reads.

I've been landing really strong attacks lately.

Nicole

Smash Champion
i really think it does have invincibility. i've been doing it through tornado relatively consistently (when tornado's at the right height, which it rarely is but hey!), and i really think she just doesnt get hit. i know she ducks but surely that can't do that much...

z00ted

it does have invincibility.

I upsmash tornado ALOT now.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
^ Same here. The timing is a little stricter than with most other moves, but it's certainly possible and practical.

When an opponent is recovering we all glide toss a turnip up (in front of them) and then run back and charge upsmash to call the airdodge right?

If not I might have to go make some more snapshots from my replays

z00ted

it can work sometimes.

it's mainly preference.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
USmash is great, I've been practicing to land it on its sweetspot more and go through Meta's Nado. xP

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Punish Shuttle loop with it.

After you BLOCK the hit, start learning to space yourself to get right under his loop space. It's totally worth learning.

And learn to land Upsmash on more stages, and not just Battlefield.

:peach:

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
When an opponent is recovering we all glide toss a turnip up (in front of them) and then run back and charge upsmash to call the airdodge right?

If not I might have to go make some more snapshots from my replays
u don't call it though, u just use the turnip to c how they react, if they airdodge though then react to it and usmash.

i say react b/c there's still a lot more options that can be used instead of DI'ing through the turnip and getting usmash'd.

Xyless

Smash Master
Sup guys, came here as fast as I could. Or I namesearched myself, whatever.

To answer the questions, on the 15th frame of up smash (same frame the hitboxes come out), Peach's head, right arm, and left arm all go invincible. This stays in place for 7 frames, the invincibility being removed right when the hitboxes do.

*EDIT* Forgot about the first 10 frames required for the initial charging animation, even if you don't charge. But remember that that means that, if you DO charge, then the 5 frames after, you will have the invincibility.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
To answer the questions, on the 5th frame of up smash (same frame the hitboxes come out), Peach's head, right arm, and left arm all go invincible. This stays in place for 7 frames, the invincibility being removed right when the hitboxes do.
Hot to the damn.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Sup guys, came here as fast as I could. Or I namesearched myself, whatever.

To answer the questions, on the 5th frame of up smash (same frame the hitboxes come out), Peach's head, right arm, and left arm all go invincible. This stays in place for 7 frames, the invincibility being removed right when the hitboxes do.
Bah I was wrong
Oooh, tasty! I think you mean the 15th frame though. 5th frame would be amazing, heh...

:053:

Xyless

Smash Master
Oh yeah, sorry Yaaay, I forgot about the charge frames. So yes, throwing in the minimal of 10 frames startup that the chargeup animation requires, the invincibility starts at frame 15, not 5.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Its possible to try to connect with it during the invincibility frames after you come back from losing a stock. Probably won't be able to do it often, if at all, but its not like you'll be hitting them with anything else during that time.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
This is my best killer lol. Aside from Stitch face/Bob-omb, lucky F-Smash, U-Tilt at like 200%, F-Air.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
When I played Melee I would dair into dsmash on the ground.
But when I started going into brawl, I had the habit of doing the same thing.
I was able to pull off the combo wth the first few hits of Dair, and hitting with dsmash.
So after a while I started using Usmash and it worked great, I do it every chance I get.
It combos well into each other and gives that great early kill.

Top Bottom