• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hades, Master of the Underworld, Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
like Pit, Dark Pit is an angel. Angels also originate from mythology, therefore, Pit should be excluded.

Mario, Luigi, Peach, Ness, Lucas, Marth, Snake, Ike, Roy and the Ice Climbers are all human beings.
Human beings originate from real life.
Therefore, they are excluded as well.

However, the argument above is flawed:
Mythology originated in real life.
Real life is life.
Life is a game.
Therefore, there's no problem in having such characters. Hades can be in SSB4.

D

Deleted member

Bumped for some semi-unrelated news.
Remember that Playstation Smash Bros. rip-off? Well, Zeus from God of War is a DLC character for it.

You heard me; the frigging KING OF GODS is playable in a multiplayer fighting game.
There is no reason Kid Icarus' Hades can't be in Smash now.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Bumped for some semi-unrelated news.
Remember that Playstation Smash Bros. rip-off? Well, Zeus from God of War is a DLC character for it.

You heard me; the frigging KING OF GODS is playable in a multiplayer fighting game.
There is no reason Kid Icarus' Hades can't be in Smash now.
I don't think that's influencing anything, PSABR has a completely odd cast of characters, I don't think he would be playable, but as a boss. (dialogue would have to be added in Story Mode)

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
He'll destroy them all with his intense colors and superior fashion sense.

But yeah I could see a boss not sure about a character.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I hope he's a playable character. He won over my heart as my favorite Nintendo villain for sure. His dialogue is so rich and nice to listen to- oh my, and seeing him fight Ganondorf is surely to be hilarious. I'm really hoping him and Palutena make it in. I'd also love for Viridi and Phosphora to be Assist Trophies or possibly make cameos. And how about the Reset Bomb Forest? A beautiful stage can be made out of that locale.

D

Deleted member

If Palutena is plausible to be a character, Hades is too.
Something I realized; Hades, while said to be more powerful among the rest of the gods, is not naturally as powerful as we see in the boss fights. The sheer immeasurability of this power comes from all of the souls Hades has devoured, giving him more power than is feasible.

As a result, he was notably weaker as the boss fight went on, because he was using the souls he absorbed to recover, making him lose power in the process.
Which leads to the belief that if Hades was confronted early on in the story, Pit would've likely stood a far greater chance using the Three Sacred Treasures than he did in Chapter 23. But because Hades used the Medusa copy as a distraction while he went to power himself up with souls, this was not the case.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If Palutena is plausible to be a character, Hades is too.
Something I realized; Hades, while said to be more powerful among the rest of the gods, is not naturally as powerful as we see in the boss fights. The sheer immeasurability of this power comes from all of the souls Hades has devoured, giving him more power than is feasible.

As a result, he was notably weaker as the boss fight went on, because he was using the souls he absorbed to recover, making him lose power in the process.
Which leads to the belief that if Hades was confronted early on in the story, Pit would've likely stood a far greater chance using the Three Sacred Treasures than he did in Chapter 23. But because Hades used the Medusa copy as a distraction while he went to power himself up with souls, this was not the case.
True that. Besides, it doesn't matter much what the canon dictates about a character's power, since they can be toned up or down in Smash Bros.

Canonically, Mewtwo is über powerful, but in Smash, anyone can defeat him. Same goes for Ganondorf and definitely can go to the Kid Icarus gods.

Even if Hades doesn't appear as a character, he still does have to appear somehow. Be it Assist Trophy, secred conversation or boss, his dialogue and personality are just too hilarious to not be in Smash. Of course, that is assuming they hire the same voice actor, or else, all will be ruined.

But observing past SSB games, Nintendo actually makes efforts to hire the same actors for the characters. I can imagine all KI characters being replayed by the same actors Nintendo hired for KIU.

D

Deleted member

Past SSBs are not really much to go by.
While we got previous actors for many characters, we also got different ones for certain characters.
For example, Fox got Jim Walker from Assault, but Falco and Wolf got different actors than anyone who has portrayed them.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
Of course. He's also a better candidate for smash than most villain characters. Bowser jr. and Ghirahim for instance, Hades is 10x the villain they were. Plus, Zelda and Mario already have enough characters.

Groose

Smash Champion
Personally, I'd prefer having Palutena as a playable character and Hades as an assist trophy and boss. Part of Hades' charm is his absurd level of power, and they'd have to tone it down a lot to make him playable. Or...

Hades replaces Palutena as Pit's Final Smash. Instead of Centurians, the Underworld Army swoops in with all its glory. And then the dialogue... the dialogue.

Pit: Hades? Why are you helping me?
Hades: Well, Pitty-Pat, it looks like you were in a spot of trouble here. Besides, you defeated me. We can't have you losing to an idiotic gorilla, can we? Oh, how my reputation would suffer!
Pit: ...You never change, do you? Always out for your own selfish goals.
Hades: Now, now Pitty, that's really offensive. You nearly made me cry! You know, I think I'll leave this fight to you after all. My reputation may suffer, but watching you get destroyed is absolutely worth it. Underworld Army! Depart!

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
No way! Hades would make a much better playable character than Palutena. Adding her before Hades is like adding Peach before Bowse, or Zelda before Ganondorf. Besides, Hades is way too loveable to only appear as an assist trophy or even a boss. The only reason Ridley's so popular is because of his power and size and they'd have to tone that down to make him playable, yet everyone still supports him profusely. People love Hades I don't get why he has so little support as a playable character when he clearly deserves it.

Groose

Smash Champion
No way! Hades would make a much better playable character than Palutena. Adding her before Hades is like adding Peach before Bowse, or Zelda before Ganondorf. Besides, Hades is way too loveable to only appear as an assist trophy or even a boss. The only reason Ridley's so popular is because of his power and size and they'd have to tone that down to make him playable, yet everyone still supports him profusely. People love Hades I don't get why he has so little support as a playable character when he clearly deserves it.
I don't think it would be possible to grasp the true form of Hades if he were a playable character. Besides, his charisma would shine much more clearly if he had a talkative Assist Trophy/Boss role.

Even so, I'd definitely love to see him in the game in any format. If he were playable, I'd definitely give him a try, but I'd be kind of disappointed.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it would be possible to grasp the true form of Hades if he were a playable character. Besides, his charisma would shine much more clearly if he had a talkative Assist Trophy/Boss role.

Even so, I'd definitely love to see him in the game in any format. If he were playable, I'd definitely give him a try, but I'd be kind of disappointed.
I don't know what you mean by "the true form of Hades". He's a god, his form can be whatever he, or in this case Sakurai wants it to be. You'd have to have a very dull imagination not to atleast see the possibilities.

I have to disagree, his charisma would show just as well if he were playable as it would if he was a boss or assist trophy. His taunts would the most infamous in the game no doubt. Also, he's far too popular to not be given a chance and since Sakurai went straight into ssb4 after KI:Uprising I'm sure he'll be considered. You'd be disappointed? I seriously doubt that :rolleyes:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I would Hades as a boss for whatever story mode they use and prefer Medusa as the KI villain. But half the fun of Hades is dialogue, so maybe he could talk in the background of a stage. But I'm definitely Hades over Palutena. It's Medusa/Hades/Palutena.

Groose

Smash Champion
Let's agree on one point of philospophy here: if Hades does make it in, he has to speak in all of his taunts. Seriously, he's probably the most condescending and hilarious character in Nintendo history, and his voice actor in Uprising was spot-on.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Let's agree on one point of philospophy here: if Hades does make it in, he has to speak in all of his taunts. Seriously, he's probably the most condescending and hilarious character in Nintendo history, and his voice actor in Uprising was spot-on.
Speak in all his taunts? Not just that. He better have cool secret conversations on KI stages like Fox and Snake have gotten. With every character,

Groose

Smash Champion
Speak in all his taunts? Not just that. He better have cool secret conversations on KI stages like Fox and Snake have gotten. With every character,
That would definitely be ideal. I could just see Hades trash-talking Luigi right now.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
That would definitely be ideal. I could just see Hades trash-talking Luigi right now.
I imagine he would talk to Viridi or Palutena like he does in the game.
Hades: So it's Super Mario Bros?
Palutena: Yes.
Hades: And it's been that way for decades?
Palutena: Yes.
Hades: Why doesn't he ever just complain or quit? Talk about an inferiority complex.
Palutena: Well, New Super Luigi U just came out in 2013.
Hades: Great! He got a DLC release!! Like this game doesn't have enough product placement.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think Hades would have a somewhat similar build to Ganondorf, I'd imagine he would be the same height as Ganondorf and having the same amount of power the King of Evil has, only much faster. He would be an unpredictable fighter IMO.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Fixed that for you.

Anyways, I honestly don't think Hades stands much of a chance, even though I really, really wish that he did. If the roster was 55-60 characters deep, I'd say there'd be a chance of KI getting 3 reps. However, given what Sakurai has said in his interviews, we most likely won't be getting as many newcomers this time around. We may even be lucky just to get Palutena!

I'd even be happy if they gave Hades Ganondorf's old moveset if Sakurai wanted to give him a unique one if it meant getting in the game. Oh well, there's always Smash 5 (and then we're forced to choose between Hades and Viridi. Absolutely cruel).

D

Deleted member

A playable Hades?

Aw hell yeah! I would love that to be honest. He was just an awesome villain in Kid Icarus: Uprising; so awesome that dare I say that he was one of the best parts of the game. I rather have him over Palutena, but I sadly know that won't happen. I just hope that we can have some codec-like conversations in SSB4's Kid Icarus stage so that we can hear more humorous dialogue from him.

Hades the Magnificent

Smash Cadet
Oh boy! I have a fan club? But what's with that OP? I DESERVE BETTER! I'm issuing an ultimatum: make it worthy of Hades or I'll have to take matters into my own hands.

D

Deleted member

Oh boy! I have a fan club? But what's with that OP? I DESERVE BETTER! I'm issuing an ultimatum: make it worthy of Hades or I'll have to take matters into my own hands.

You should be the thread owner.
EDIT: He did.

Last edited by a moderator:

Groose

Smash Champion
Groose shouldbe the thread owner. :cool:
I'm afraid I've got my eyes on the bigger prize: Phoenix Wright's thread. I'm waiting until I beat Dual Destinies before I request custody, though.

On topic, I want to rescind my previous statements about Hades. He'd be an epic inclusion, and has become one of my most wanted newcomers.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'd like Hades. But I personally think Medusa has a better shot if only for appearing in more than one Kid Icarus game.

And it seems Palutena is even more likely than her.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
Wow, I just find this now as as it turns out, most of the posts are from a really long time ago.

If there was more development time and a larger roster guaranteed, I'd root for Hades no question ask. But seeing how Palutena should get dibs on the KI spot, I'd be satisfied with Hades being one of the bosses. If Doc Louis and WFT can talk the whole time, I'm sure Hades would too.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
*reads OP*

Hmmmmm........

@ Hades the Magnificent Hades the Magnificent dares to call himself the biggest troll in the universe IN FRONT OF ME!?!?! Fine, but if the God of the Underworld thinks he is above THE Mega Bidoof in any way, shape, or form, he has another thing coming.

HADES!!!! I challenge you to a duel! Contact me as soon as you get this, and we shall schedule your ultimate demise for a time that is convenient for both of our busy schedules.

And I also support your inclusion into the Brothers of Smashing.

Last edited:

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Brothers of smashing? On a kid icarus thread isn't it super bash sisters?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, I'd definitely prefer Hades to Medusa.

Smady

Smash Master
Just posting to say I love how Sakurai created this villain as a perfect candidate for Smash Bros. He is giant, but can shape-shift to be any size. That already makes him unique among the cast and incredibly easy to adapt into a moveset, or a boss. Magic that he uses can also be interpreted in a variety of ways for the same positive effect. And last but not least, he has that Machiavellian personality that is strangely absent from Nintendo's gallery of villains. He's a long shot, but this guy has to be in my top five most wanted newcomers.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hades is cool, But personally I think Medusa should get in before him

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how will Hades deal with lunch breaks between Smash matches? Fasting? Smuggling... the lunch? Preparing it right there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom