• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hall of Gaming #2 Results - 11/13, Wallingford, CT

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Mad props to Variola for escaping from the clutches of KevinM and HaileyM at 5 in the morning to avoid going to this tourney. Keep beastin'.

:dazwa::dazwa::dazwa::dazwa::dazwa::dazwa:

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I'm proud of you mike.

also, your location is depressing to look at.

Diesel

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this tournament was off of the chain, so to speak. I really didn't play very much, I just kinda hungout and got hype.

Oh, and in regards to hype, I was the one who was commentating/hyping the latter sets of singles on the recording setup. I apologize if this was distracting or anything to anybody, but my boy $mike said that NE tournaments need more hype. I had to do what I could.

Again, this tournament was so much fun, despite it having a few extra-tournament fiascos.

1: th0rn ($211.20) + $24.20 - Billy, where was the BBBB tag? How will people know who you are?
2: Swiftbass ($96.80) + $13.20 - Yo, when you were playing ZoSo and I shouted that you should stop moving to blend in with the stage and then you actually stopped moving was the ****in best part of that set. You made my day.
3: Zoso ($61.60) + $6.60 - ****. Turns out $mike shouldn't have been talking all that trash.
4: hazygoose ($35.20) - I'm subscribed to your youtube channel, but ****. This **** came out of nowhere.
5: $mike ($17.60) - You already know, ma doo.
5: Banks ($17.60) - You kids not showing up for smash at Mafias after kinda killed the hype.
7: Mogwai - Didn't meet you. Next time though.
7: KevinM - ****. KevinM was beasting at this tourney.
9: Kartel - Didn't get to play you outside of teams. Good work though.
9: Mafia - What a high-schooler. Honestly.
9: MattDotZeb - Good set. Almost had you first game. Maybe.
9: Niko - Didn't meet you. Next time though.
13: WeaponX - Same as Kartel, I didn't get to play you outside of teams. Good ****.
13: brookman - When you yelled at that little kid who was interrupting your set with Mafia, I totally lost it. That was hilarious.
13: Yedi - Didn't get to play you at this thing. Moneymatch next tourney though.
13: Max - Didn't meet you. Next time though.
17: Jinjo - My boy Jinj. Great seeing you as always. Hit me up about that car **** whenever.
17: SOLAR - The infamous SOLAR. Nice sweatbands.
17: Morgue - Yo, I had fun commentating those matches with you. Also, good **** comboing me at the end of the night.
17: R00R - Played some friendlies with you. Beast.
17: Crazy Cloud - Good set. I was up two stocks in that last game and was like "Yo, I got this." But then you were all like "Don't sleep on me, dogg!" and I was like "whoa. okay."
17: AOI - Didn't meet you. Next time though.
17: qphat - Yo, you were mad legit outta nowhere. Straight beast.
17: Yong - My boy right here. The best Samus in New England. Thanks for the ride and the hip hop.
25: G - I played you in teams. Nice spacies.
25: Bolt - Didn't meet you. Next time though.
25: TWebb - Played a few friendlies with you. You showed me that Phish-it practice. Good work.
25: blizzardbeam - I think I played you in teams. Not sure if you were the puff or the sheik though. Good matches eitherway.
25: Diesel - Diesel? More like... gay or something.
25: Papito - I watched your set with Yong. Noice Fox, boy croikey!
25: milk bird - Played you first round I think. Nice falcon.
25: Shadowball - Didn't get to play you this time.
33: DarkDragoon - Didn't get to play you this time, either.
33: Andy - My boy right here. Had to play ZoSo first round. **** YOU, ZEB!
33: HaileyM - Didn't get to play you. I've heard from reputable sources, however, that you're getting better. You're like the Videl to KevinM's Gohan. Learnin' how to fly and ****.
33: Rage - Didn't meet you. Next time though.
33: Zebra - I do believe I played you in teams. Good matches.
33: MCEM - Didn't meet you. Next time though.
33: Octave - Didn't meet you. Next time though.
33: aberfor - I played you in losers I believe. For only playing seriously for like 2 months, you definitely show promise. Stick with it, champ.
33: zao - Didn't get to play you this time.
33: Rep - Played you in teams. This Luigi is legit.
33: Strawhats - I believe I played you in teams. Good matches.
33: pynergy - Didn't meet you. Next time though.

*Bonus Shoutout*

Kupo - Beast Ganon and it was fun talking shop with you. That double Ganon team was a good deal of fun. Sorry you couldn't enter singles.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
43 cause I had to leave too :(

If you want to bring tristate up we need to have a bigger venue like the tourney that happened 2 wks before last conndotts.

Do you know who is going to be taking my rec setup home?

we can maximize space a bit better. I came late because i had to stop by my job.. I want to get there a little earlier and perhaps maximze space a bit more. i couldve done a better job with that and the chairs. trust me kupo theres enough room. I just shoudve done a bit of math with the chairs(because we had like 15 extra chairs out back). I KNOW I can maximize that space and have the amount we had yesterday plus some fitting in there comfortably. No worries on that trust me.

Yeah shoutouts later.

hopefully at least one of my money matches with thorn right after GF is put up.

EDIT:
Me and Matt are RLY gonna shoot for singles pools next time. Doubles got a treat this weekend because its usually on the back burner. Singles however is the MAIN event and I am going to try my darnedest to run singles pools well next time around. The next tourney is in LATE JANUARY and you should see a thread up rather soon if there already isnt one up.

Thanks again guys for showing up. That turnout was great and reminiscent of the ESTICLE days. To everyone disappoint about pools for singles. Once again Im sry, we are going to run it next time in january even if i takes a while. We owe it to y'all

Props to Matt everything. Great job. We'll only get better from here. Props to Felipe for letting us use such a great venue.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Yeah you kinda do Yedi.

Shoutouts tonight
but mad love to TFS for coming down, and mad love for just everyone in general making this a beast tourney.

PK Webb

Smash Champion
Thorn-gg i need to get better at that matchup
Morg-good job for a 1st time teaming we may have sumthing here
swift- gg intense tourney set
banks-nice sheik great tourney set
max-sexy a$$ spacies ur gettin too good man
niko-always a pleasure
yedi-I HATE FALCO but u were the better player good stuff
mogwai-teach me the falco matchup lol cuz ky hates playing falco....more friendlies at rom?
strawhats and zebra-work on yall teamwork and in the game in general u guys will get there
$mike-got mad respect for that falcon now u and nando shud mm
team i dun care- TIGHT BATTLE.....best set of the tourney for me
brookman-ur mad smart i wish i had that kind of smarts...if i cud fuse ur smarts with my techskill that fox would win rom.......NAW
the sheik and zelda from Staten Island- sry i 4got ur names but gg's they were really fun
kevinm-hope i got a lil bit more respect from u now lol.....teach me shine bair i didnt see u miss 1
haileym-kool peach
diesel-sry phish it taught me well lol that 4 stock was happening
roor-ur falcon is weird to fight i threw me off a lil bit nice ledge cancels
great tourney lookin forward to the next 1

Banks

Smash Hero
This tournament was really fun. sometimes i sucked ultra hard and sometimes i played really well, but good stuff swift in teams, and hailey/mogwai/qphat/otg/niko/kevinm/hazygoose for some awesome sets in which I was either playing well or getting train ***** and practicing my 'lvl 7 cpu' playstyle

i'll do shoutouts probly, but gg's to everyone i played

I also wish that the glitch for showing a different character's icon than the char you are using worked for roy and sheik. because I'd use it every game for the rest of my life.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
Me and my buddy went to go get cigs and come back and I got a call that my grandpop had a seizure. I had him bring me back home and I went to the hospital.

He died this morning.

It puts a downer on the experience for me a lot. Sorry to all the people I disappointed by leaving early =/

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Oh wow man. Don't worry about leaving early dude. Just worry about yourself right now.

I'm sorry about your grandfather. =(

R00R

Smash Journeyman
How do I play this game well?
All I know how to do is edge cancel and combo :(

1: th0rn - Thanks for the friendlies, you are super chill. You pretty much dominated all of our matches... but get at my stomp combo LOL. Falco is gay /johns
2: Swiftbass - Fun set, again you are a chill guy. I really like your fox.
3: Zoso - you are mad good, sorry about the confrontation we had. We were both kinda being *****. lol
4: hazygoose - didnt play you
5: $mike - didnt play you, but I was watching your falcon get off
5: Banks - didnt play you... wish I did though because Im pretty good against sheik.
7: Mogwai - Thanks for the ride, the TFS dynamic is too ********
7: KevinM - didnt play
9: Kartel - WTF, how dare you out place me after I beat you first round. Jk good **** man and nice falcon
9: Mafia - Fun set, Ill get you next time =)
9: MattDotZeb Didn't play you but you are a chiller
9: Niko - My dude Niko
13: WeaponX - didn't play
13: brookman - didn't play
13: Yedi - YEAH I LIKE POKEMON *****!!!! JIGGLYPUFF IS THE FINEST ***** IN POKEMON!!!
13: OH TEH QUE - Stop ****** people
17: Jinjo - didn't play
17: SOLAR - thanks for the dollar =D, lol fun friendlies and MM
17: Morgue - didn't play
17: R00R - WHAT IS A MAN? A miserable little pile of secrets! But enough talk, have at you!
25: TWebb - fun friendlies, too bad you got bracket *****. =/
25: blizzardbeam - I don't think I have ever played a campier set. You never got off the left edge of FD. At a certain point I just stood on the other side of the stage doing absolutely nothing and just waited for you. LOL
25: Diesel - I guess we played? I don't remember
33: MCEM - I'm really good against sheik... sorry for playing so brutal. Too much VaNz practice.

blizzardbeam

Smash Cadet
The tournament was amazing and mad chill. I definitely want to go to more tournaments after this. I had so much fun playing matches and meeting amazing smashers. Thanks to swiftbass and mattdotzeb for doing a great job running the event.

Hazygoose: You're too good. Thanks for all the friendlies and the advice. Hopefully we'll play around thanksgiving.
Mogwai: You ***** me in teams. Your falco is really really good.
Kevin M: Your fox is amazing and hopefully next time I'll put up a better fight than I did yesterday,
Jinjo: Thanks for the friendlies. Your fox *****.
SOLAR: Really nice meeting you. Your peach is too good.
R00R: Hahaha. I saw what you did to my friend MCEM the previous set. I didn't feel like giving you openings.
Yong: Amazing samus and thanks for the friendlies.
TWebb: Your advice was really helpful. Amazing fox and friendlies. We have to play before RoM.
Diesel: Double Ganon=Too good. I was the puff btw.
Shadowball: Nice friendlies. Hope we play again soon.
MCEM: Amazing teammate, we'll definitely do better next time.

Yeah, thanks again to everyone who made my first tournament experience memorable. I had a great time and I'll hopefully make the next Hall of Gaming.

R00R

Smash Journeyman
I was the Ganon that played you for like... maybe 6 games or so. WHATEVER, go ahead and not remember me, ****.
Ohhh yeah, your Ganon had some good reads. I stole your downsmash mindgame lol

S l o X

Smash Champion
Me and my buddy went to go get cigs and come back and I got a call that my grandpop had a seizure. I had him bring me back home and I went to the hospital.

He died this morning.

It puts a downer on the experience for me a lot. Sorry to all the people I disappointed by leaving early =/
Dudeeee

sorry to hear man ):

Hope the family is alright.

/sorrow

$mike

Smash Ace
shoutouts :oneeye:

1: th0rn ($211.20) + $24.20 - You stepped up your Falcon game madddd hard since Mass Madness. Good matches though, in teams and singles. We're playing at rom.
2: Swiftbass ($96.80) + $13.20 - Like I said before I left, I'm gonna hit you up at rom for some games. Wanted to play you but I just didn't get a chance. You unleashed the beast on us in teams GF's second set though, ****.
3: Zoso ($61.60) + $6.60 - Can't wait to see our insane tourney set uploaded. But anyway good games in both tourney and friendlies - playing you is always pretty awesome.
4: hazygoose ($35.20) - I'm curious to see what your Sheik is like against Falcon. Play it in a few games next time we friendly. And good **** recording.
5: $mike ($17.60)
5: Banks ($17.60) - What up RoyMeister27?
7: KevinM - I expect more hype commentary from you next time.
9: Mafia - Code red?
9: MattDotZeb - Rainbow Cruise? Nah. Tourney was ran well though - you did a good job. Looking forward to the next one.
9: Niko - Your Marth is legit. I wanted to play you more, but it's all good, we will at rom.
17: Morgue - You had a nice comeback in the 2nd game of our tourney set. Falcon dittos are too good. Friendlies next time.
17: Yong - The ride home in the Yong Whip was hilarious. Hope to chill and smash with you sometime soon, bro.
25: Diesel - You already know, son. Bringing that NE hype, one tourney at a time. When are we making that CD?
33: Andy - Look at this kid, falling asleep to Kpop during the ride home in the Yong Whip.

Niko45

Smash Master
1: th0rn - great playing you man. Fun sets. Good **** winning. Definitely a great player.
2: Swiftbass - great job hosting. My only regret from this tourney was not getting to play you at all. Next time.
3: Zoso - awesome friendly and a half. :( Nah, at least I got a couple of matches and thanks for the advice as always. Great to see a great Marth in action.
4: hazygoose - didn't get to play. Hopefully another time. Very impressive showing.
5: $mike - likewise, I wish we played more. I love playing good falcons. Congrats on doing so well in both singles and doubles.
5: Banks - Good set. Very nice sheik. I'm going to try to work on that matchup more. It's so fortunate for me that you'll be maining Roy now, cause I **** that match up.
7: Mogwai - ma d00, way to show up and do work. I had a feeling you'd have a good day, and I think you're a lot better and capable of doing better than you seem to think you are.
7: KevinM - nice matches, and fun teams. LOL fckin ness marth was kinda ******.
9: Kartel - fun matches and good **** placing so well. Def an up and coming CF.
9: Mafia - GET ****IN ***** IN THOSE ONE AND A HALF FRIENDLIES. Nah, it was kinda too bad we didn't MM, but by the time we got a chance to do it we weren't really in the mood. You're much less annoying than you used to be, so congratulations on that front.
9: MattDotZeb - great job running the tourney. Lets play next time.
13: Yedi - wackest MM ever? Good stuff doing well. It's not even "we're almost there" now. We're there, just gotta get it done.
13: Max - good ****in donkey dia doo doo bull**** sir.
17: SOLAR - nice set, too bad about that blown ledge hog for you.
17: R00R - good stuff tommy. be patient you're def getting better and better
17: qphat - good set man. Strike to FD vs Marth? Idk...
25: TWebb - stick with it trey, you're getting there

kupo15

Smash Hero
Great tourney as always with the most personable and chill hosts. Much better than the Brawl tourneys I used to go to back in the day hosted by Inui and DMBrandon. This was also my first time ever doing pools and it was a really neat experience. I thought it was supposed to be to eliminate players from the main bracket cause there was too many but I think that is only for larger tourneys??

Ok swift, I'll take your word for it ;)

Shoutout to Diesel. Had tons of fun teaming up with an amazing ganon. Didn't know how well double ganon was but we ***** in pools. It was great to talk some ganon strat and to learn from your matchup experiences. See again soon I'm sure.

$Mike: Never played a falcon as fast as yours. Thought the falcon matchup was sorta a breeze. I think I'm wrong.

Thorn: I never got the chance to give you another dollar

Kartel: Nice seeing you again. Our pools matches were fun

Maf: I guess you were too scared to get your peach ***** by me this time haha

Awsmsean: You have my mem card and cables so you know ;)

CC: Too bad we couldn't team and sorry to hear about your grandpa. :(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
there were a lot of character switches during both winners and grand finals
grand finals match 3...it's going to be so sad that the hype will not be included with the video. for HoG 3 i am bringing my camcorder to splice with the match footage in case more moments like that happen :D

th0rn

Smash Lord
the fox ditto in grand finals was prolly my favorite match ever... even tho I lost lmao

reminded me of the classic KDJ vs m2k matches =p

strawhats

Smash Master
Dudeeee

sorry to hear man ):

Hope the family is alright.

/sorrow
I dunno even know what to say man...me and zebra just thought you decided not to come back when you said you were going to go grab some McDonald's and be back.

Really sorry to hear that man. :(

Loved playing marth dittos with you, hope we can do that more often

Brookman

Smash Hero
I think, for the next tournament, we need to invite a very skilled puff player to make the tournament finals extremely boring.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
1: th0rn ($211.20) + $24.20 Good stuff. Wished we coulda played some games. expect my yoshi
2: Swiftbass ($96.80) + $13.20 Fun playing you in doubles, next time we'll get some friendlies in.
3: Zoso ($61.60) + $6.60 Good games. Your marth is too hard :(
4: hazygoose ($35.20) kid came out of nowhere lol. Thanks for recording, if you could link to your channel that'd be ****.
5: $mike ($17.60) team wheat thins: now with 10% more bape
5: Banks ($17.60) Wish we played :(
7: Mogwai Nice falco. I meant to get games in with you but forgot.
7: KevinM heard you went hard this tournament. Looking forward to us playing in the future :3
9: Kartel Very nice falcon. Can't wait to see more.
9: Mafia not your best work. step it up
9: MattDotZeb nice match. we know each other too well lol.
9: Niko fun seeing you. your marth is bape.
13: WeaponX gg's in teams, your peach gets better every day
13: brookman fun matches in tournament. your fox is really scary lol
13: Yedi cool seeing you. We shoulda played, we never do
13: Max Nice doc bro. Nice talking to you.
17: Jinjo we gotta play, bro
17: SOLAR sucks you're giving up peach. let me know if you ever wanna mm my peach
17: Morgue gg's in teams. your falcon combos hella hard
17: R00R good games, man. Seemed like your falcon had a lot of trouble finishing stocks, but that seemed like the single real flaw in your game. Very solid.
17: Crazy Cloud- Nice falco. olololol shiek. Sorry to hear about your grandfather, man.
17: AOI- cool seeing you. we should play more
17: qphat- you did outstanding for your first tournament. hope to see you in the future.
17: Yong- BESTSAMUSINNEWENGALND? fun times in the yongwhip.
25: G- Nice falco. We should play again in the future :3
25: Bolt- Don't think we played.
25: TWebb- Legit fox, gg's in teams.
25: blizzardbeam- I played your puff, iirc. It was pretty good. Hope to see you at other tournaments.
25: Diesel- **** you
25: Papito- we didn't play
25: milk bird- cool seeing you again
25: Shadowball- we didn't play :(
33: DarkDragoon- lol, how'd you and andy do?
33: Andy- Cool seeing you again. work on the puff!
33: HaileyM- getting better all the time. ggs in teams
33: Rage- RAGEEEEEEEEE
33: Zebra- We didn't play. Hope your weegee is keeping it real.
33: MCEM- I think we played in teams, too. Hope to see you again.
33: Octave- we didn't play :(
33: aberfor - we didn't play either :(
33: zao- cool seeing you
33: Rep- tight weegee.
33: Strawhats- we didn't play :(
33: pynergy- Nice match with Yong. sorry for cheering against you lol

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
1: th0rn ($211.20) + $24.20: We didn't play in tournament for once :( haha. Fun games in teams though and always nice to see you.
2: Swiftbass ($96.80) + $13.20: Really close set, I thought after that first game I might have finally cracked the swiftbass nut but you beat me fairly solidly after that.
3: Zoso ($61.60) + $6.60: Man, I'm glad to see you entering a tournament and like I said we'll definitely play sometime soon, lets hang out sooner then that though :3. Good stuff at sonic after.
4: hazygoose ($35.20): OLDSCHOOL VICTORY! I miss you dearly and I'm glad that we hung out again, lets play again soon! Teams was fun
5: $mike ($17.60): Man we didn't play like at all :(, good teams set and hopefully we can play a lot more. I expect matches asap. Glad you're a part of our community now, you're chill as hell.
5: Banks ($17.60): Was our set close enough? I feel like it wasn't close enough? haha good stuff man you always make me laugh and our sets our always crazy
7: Mogwai: ... That fiddle is autoattacking
7: KevinM: Its iightttt
9: Mafia: Hang out soonnnn
9: MattDotZeb: Good set son, sorry you felt you weren't playing up to par :(
9: Niko: Fun marth dittoes, and sorry me and Yedi's marth ness team is booty ****.
13: brookman: yay bowser dittoes :)
13: Yedi: Our set was garbage, The lupe's are gonna kill it though.
17: SOLAR: Hah good stuff in teams man I appreciate your comment btw about saying you weren't sure who you'd rather have in losers me or swift after our set.
17: Morgue: Good stuff in teams :)
17: Crazy Cloud: :( really sorry to hear about your grandpa man, good set regardless.
17: AOI: You're better then this :(
25: TWebb: Nope I have no respect for you, your garbage. <3. Play me again soon.
25: blizzardbeam: Good stuff for your first tournament man! You gave my falco the **** haha, and I hope you continue to come out to stuff and learn as much as you can.
25: Diesel: more like GAY
33: DarkDragoon: Carrides and Sonic and Smashfests are all way too good <3.
33: Andy: I am not a troll (:
33: HaileyM: Hey don't worry I will still remember you won your first set! <3. Good stuff baby I love you :D also we **** in teams clearly.

Top Bottom