• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Halloween Party Mafia ~ Over! Who drowned bobbing for apples? Who won Best Costume?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Swords, you say EBR's Ran vote looks bad but you don't say why. So why is it bad? Are you referring to the logic used that what they are preaching is full of WIFOM and bad-reasoning?

Tell me what you get out of the Sang slot and the Joey slot? What does there back and forth do for you?

Swiss, lay me a few italics as to why others should vote Moth with you. Is it because he isn't wanting you to have fun? =P

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Circus, how does knowing if Moth is keeping up with the thread gonna help you indicate his alignment?
I just want him to respond to some of the stuff that's been levied against him. And I figured passive aggressively insinuating that he's being a lazy *** might help make that happen.

What type of noise do you expect to gain out of July?
Dolphin squeaks? I've got my fingers crossed for those.

What do you agree to in Swords posts? Do you agree enough to vote EBR?
That Ran is probably just being Ran. That, even though I agree to some degree with what he has said, Ryu's lack of a vote is kind of odd considering he thinks he found a straight up scumtell on Ran (though I think Swords is putting too much weight on this). And that Gova and Raziek are being actively lazy, which is particularly bad in this set-up.

But no, I'm not gonna vote for EBR. I don't think he looks scummy right now. Though I would like to see him talk more about his read on Ran.

;)

I'm curious as to why you asked July to, but not Acrostic.
...Very good question. That would be because I full-on forgot Acrostic was in this game.

Man, this D1 is gonna be such a crapshoot.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That Ran is probably just being Ran. That, even though I agree to some degree with what he has said, Ryu's lack of a vote is kind of odd considering he thinks he found a straight up scumtell on Ran (though I think Swords is putting too much weight on this). And that Gova and Raziek are being actively lazy, which is particularly bad in this set-up.
Tell me. Can you expand on the underlined?

...Very good question. That would be because I full-on forgot Acrostic was in this game.

Man, this D1 is gonna be such a crapshoot.
Ok fair enough. I wonder where he's at.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Those answers really went nowhere besides the third one. *shrug* Lemme clarify so I can get a better answer. What is your opinion of Ryu based on how he interacted with Ran? How are Gova/Raz any different from a majority of the players in this game that are lazy?

Fair enough on the EBR thing, who do you not like the most so far?

What would you personally like to see July (and now Acro :awesome:) comment on? Do you think the attack on Moth is plausible? What do you think of the way it's being pushed?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'd also like for you to tell me why I should remove my vote to you and to whom for what reason.

Cuuuuuuz for some reason that seems completely biased to past reasoning, I have no problem with keeping my vote on you. ;) Oh gee I wonder why Circus.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Tell me. Can you expand on the underlined?
He's got Ryu as his "second pick" for scum right now, and the only reasoning he has given for that is the fact that Ryu isn't voting right now. Even if it seems like Ryu should be voting given the clear stance he has taken on you, it isn't really that much to go on.

Those answers really went nowhere besides the third one. *shrug* Lemme clarify so I can get a better answer. What is your opinion of Ryu based on how he interacted with Ran? How are Gova/Raz any different from a majority of the players in this game that are lazy?
I think Ryu is town. Gova and Raziek have each come into the thread to state that they have read up/are keeping up with the game, but have chosen not to actually participate in any of the recent happenings. I consider Raziek to be a worse offender for the simple fact that Gova claimed that "nothing has happened" and that's why he's not saying anything. Whereas Raziek apparently disagrees with that, but still isn't contributing to the conversation.

Fair enough on the EBR thing, who do you not like the most so far?
That's like trying to pick which of my soulless, red-headed step children I hate the most, J. It's tough. For now, you can take the fact that my random vote is still in place to mean that I haven't decided on who I want to tunnel yet.

What would you personally like to see July (and now Acro :awesome:) comment on? Do you think the attack on Moth is plausible? What do you think of the way it's being pushed?
@July stuff: Don't care; anything. Opinions on EBR, Ryu, Ran, whoever. Same for Acro. Also kind of curious why July would apparently choose you to handhold with when she considers you the hardest player to read in this game, but I don't know if that answer would actually help me figure her out better. I just wonder.

@Moth stuff: I'm not exactly sure what you're asking me when you ask if the attack is "plausible." Swiss seems sincere, if that's what you mean. I don't have a problem with the way he's going about it so far.

I'd also like for you to tell me why I should remove my vote to you and to whom for what reason.
Nah. You can figure out what to do with your own vote. If you think it should be on me, leave it there. If you don't know where else to put it, that's cool too.

Cuuuuuuz for some reason that seems completely biased to past reasoning, I have no problem with keeping my vote on you. ;) Oh gee I wonder why Circus.
I truly don't know what you're saying here. What seems "completely biased to past reasoning?" And what does that mean?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ah ok. So what is your read on Swords based on that? J and EBR?

I think J and EBR are town. I think you are scum, and so is Swords.

Possible scum behind Circus and Swords: Red Ryu, Sang, Soup.

Unvote Vote: Circus

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ah ok. So what is your read on Swords based on that? J and EBR?
I don't get very scummy vibes from any of them at the moment.

I think J and EBR are town. I think you are scum, and so is Swords.

Possible scum behind Circus and Swords: Red Ryu, Sang, Soup.

Unvote Vote: Circus
This is so random. You have any reasoning at all for Sang or Soup? Reasoning on me and Swords would also be nice, but the former two seem completely out of the blue.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
By the way, don't expect a response to your response any time soon. It's 5:30am here and I'm going to bed now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Course you don't.

• You are being very fence sitty. You are trying to attack Gova and Raziek because you'd think they are most likely town who seem scummy to you and are safe bets for not attacking your own scum mates. You do the same with July too.
  • You don't really have a read on Swords, because you think he's scum, but with you. You have RR as town because people find him scummy, and he can possibly be your mate.
  • most of everyone has been defending me. You and Swords think I'm your scum mate thus you are ok with agreeing with Swords that I'm just being me. I just seem to be scummy because of my playstyle and how I don't communicate well.
  • Swords attacked Kuz/Ryker with bad reasoning. Swords most likely thought EBR was right (which he wasn't) and attacked him to get heat off me. I liked their attack and was town motivated in my POV. Swords fence sat as well and picked Kuzi hydra to attack. You are trying to distance off of Swords by disagreeing with his EBR read, without really giving a read on EBR.
  • Soup is possible scum because he seemed to find my questioning pro-town. (Course it was tho) He's the most legit though so I wouldn't really suspect him unless I ran out of leads.
  • I believe Sang is newbie scum looking for her partner. I think the Sang v Joey is a good example of this. I don't know what exactly she was trying to get at.
  • J is town because he is looking for what I'm looking for. (I think) He's essentially looking for scum TRAITORS.

I still don't like TCat not posting much content but I'll keep a null read on her for now and I fully expect CONTENTTTTT. GIMMEH COOKIEZ

Everyone, keep in mind that scum have to be active so they can find their mates. So essentially I don't think lurkiness is much of a tell early on when the themes still not guessed right.

AND GUESS WHAT. I GUESSED IT N0 AND GOT IT WRONG. LOLZ

Swiss

Smash Lord
If I were scum I would screen shot and kill you for that.

You are not dead, you know I am town.

Vote who I vote, do as I do, think as I think, win as I win.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Ranmaru your points look really really reaching >_>.

Unvote
Vote: Ranmaru

Since I don't have anywhere better to put my vote for now.

Wait...

Where does it say that scum don't know their partners? ._.'! Also your three scum reads at the bottom have really bad reasoning! "Soupa thought my questioning was pro-town (which it was) so he may be scum!"

:172:

Swiss

Smash Lord
The figure was dissapointed, peturbed that none of these new meat bags had fully introduced themselves.

I am the glue that holds you together
I am the one who floats like a feather
I am the one you had better ****ing answer

He was losing patience. If these 'players' did not peform, he would revert to his ghastly, evil, overpowering form.

You will co-operate with my questions, or I will lynch you.

For reference see; all my past games.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Ranmaru said:
I personally got discussion started. There was no leads for me to use.

And it worked. Even Swords was able to get a read on EBR from it.

I got weak reads, though. Thus why I'm voting TC now.
if you didn't expect to use them for leads, then why use them? there was no reason for us to answer those questions if you were just going to call them inane to your own reads but take credibility for discussion, if anything, it caused discussion about you.

wonderful, but like i said, it wasn't your doing.

and..this part i don't understand, it completely makes what you did pointless, and you're voting someone who isn't here, why

#HBC | ѕoup

EBWOP: It was assumed to be pro-town motive, but if you aren't going to do anything with it and have static reads, then it cancels out the pro-town part of the motive, you're not helping by just stating what happened because of it, you're helping if you state what YOU got out of it, but i guess that's nothing after all.

#HBC | ѕoup

also ran, you're being stupid, people are stating their formal opinion but

JO_OEY said:
this.

consider me giving you benefit of the doubt however, i think you're town, you're just being stupid, look over your scum-picks again and get back to me.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Ran's latest post is full of holes. If I can spend more time on this computer, i'll post up a response, but right now I'm in a hurry.

Vote: Ran

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Ran, ran, ran...

Christ, that's about all I can say about your latest post

And this bit too:

So circus has swords as null. Maybe he hasn't seen anything from swords that would invoke a read? You don't even consider this: just jumping that their scumbudds.

You never even sem to consider why circus would call RR town because he could be his scumbud.

I dont even get your third point. Everyone agrees with you, then you move onto how sword and circus think you could be circus's scumate, so their saying it could just be your playstyle? What?

Have you noticed that your fourth point seems to imply that you're scum? Why would you find swords chainsaw against you suspicious if you yourself is town? In that case, it would be scum defending town.

Your attacking soup because he found your questioning pro-town? Why?

Faster than I thought

#HBC | ѕoup

Swiss, oh swiss
why does it seem i can only trust you
but you're the devil in disguise
blinding my eyes

but that's okay

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698

Unvote

Since I don't have anywhere better to put my vote for now.

Wait...

Where does it say that scum don't know their partners? ._.'! Also your three scum reads at the bottom have really bad reasoning! "Soupa thought my questioning was pro-town (which it was) so he may be scum!"

Joey, I'm not trying to reach. I don't think your scum, I think you aren't sure who to look for like you said. Just think about what I said really hard.

Let me rephrase on Soup. He understood what I was trying to do. So most likely his defense was the most legit but could have thought I was his scum bud.

# There is at least one standard mafia faction in this game. Like everyone else, they are amnesiacs and will have to guess at the true theme. Until they do, they will have no private communication. I will not reveal whether or not they know the identities of their partners. I will reveal that they do have a nightly kill, but I will not reveal the manner of its choosing.
That's the rule there... But I just realized Nabe saying he wouldn't reveal if they knew their partners or not. ;-;

Because of that, I'd concede to my rr, sang, and soup reads. But I'll keep Swords and Circus as scum reads. (Because Circus has been very fence sitty, and Swords attack on EBR was bad)

DH
:

• So? I'm pretty sure he can get an opinion from his post, because I can get one. It has alot of content. I do think Circus and Swords are scum individually.
  • I did. He found RR to be town from his interaction with me. But he hasn't had a 'read' on me yet. See that? What is your read on Circus?
  • Essentially Swords and Circus have been making excuses for me using my meta. I'm saying that I find it weird my wagon didn't speed up.
  • It doesn't, but I'm not scum so that doesn't matter to me. It means they think I'm scum with them. Because I thought it was a scum traitor trying to defend their 'scumpick'. Yes, it is scum defending town. His attack on EBR was bad. Tell me, what was your thoughts on Swords attack there?
  • Essentially, I have played with scum traitors on skype mafia. I remember being scum and someone found me scummy, but another didn't, even though he'd most likely agree. (I was told there was a traitor in town, just not WHO) He KNEW it was me, so he disagreed with anyone's attacks on me. Then, in lylo, he voted the town guy and so did I. : D
  • This is what I'm thinking here. I'm sorry if you don't see my pov.
  • I was stating that it would be possible Soup might have thought I was his scumbud and would then give me the benefit of the doubt. But I think it's soup just understanding me so I had him as least suspicious, but I just realized that the mod would not reveal if scum knew their partners, so I concede my scumreads on RR, Sang, and Soup based on what I posted.

also ran, you're being stupid, people are stating their formal opinion but

this.

consider me giving you benefit of the doubt however, i think you're town, you're just being stupid, look over your scum-picks again and get back to me.
Ok. What is your read on Circus and Swords? I'll re-evaluate for sure.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If I were scum I would screen shot and kill you for that.

You are not dead, you know I am town.

Vote who I vote, do as I do, think as I think, win as I win.
Nope. I have a town read on J.

Why do you want me to vote em?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Votecount 1-3

10/18 to lynch.

Ranmaru [5]: Acrostic, July, EBR!, Joey, Dark Horse
Swiss [2]: Shadow Moth
Circus [2]: J, Ranmaru
J [2]: SangfroidWarrior, Swiss
Joey [1]: Red Ryu
Acrostic [1]: Gova
EBR! [1]: Sworddancer
Soupamario [1]: asianaussie
Shadow Moth [1]: Soupamario
SangfroidWarrior [1]: Circus

Not voting: Raziek, traveling cat

------------------------------------------------------------

[collapse=Vote Log] Swiss > Shadow Moth > J
Joey > Shadow Moth > Ranmaru
Gova > Acrostic
Acrostic > Ranmaru
Circus > SangfroidWarrior
Raziek
Red Ryu > Joey
July > Ranmaru
EBR! > Ranmaru
Dark Horse > Ranmaru
Soupamario > EBR! > Circus > Shadow Moth
Sworddancer > Swiss > EBR!
Ranmaru > traveling cat > traveling cat > Circus
J > Circus
asianaussie > Soupamario
Shadow Moth > Joey > Swiss
SangfroidWarrior > J
traveling cat
[/collapse]
[collapse=Edit Log]Edit 1: Fixed the count for Swiss votes, re: P184.
[/collapse]

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I'll respond to Ran more directly in a little bit, but for now...
Wait...

...I think the underlined here is a straight up scumslip for Ran. I think Ran knows that scum have to look for scummates because he is scum.

Unvote

Like I said, I'll get into this and more in deeper detail later (I'm kind of dying to, actually), but I don't have time right now.

Just realizing that the deadline is in less than 3 days......yeah.....
Yeah. 20 players, and only a week-long Day phase. Like I said—crapshoot. Or it would be, if Ran hadn't slipped.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
"There is at least one standard mafia faction in this game. Like everyone else, they are amnesiacs and will have to guess at the true theme. Until they do, they will have no private communication. I will not reveal whether or not they know the identities of their partners. I will reveal that they do have a nightly kill, but I will not reveal the manner of its choosing."

It's in the rules, not a scumslip.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Actually, I'm not even going to get into a dissection of Ran's 130 because of how fundamentally flawed his thinking seems to be in it. It's just wrong from start to finish. I'm being "fence sitty?" It's half way through D1 in a 20-person game. A fifth of those people have been so inactive that they just got prodded. You fault me for not having a read on Swords clear enough to your liking (although I did give a light opinion on him), yet he's only made, what, 2 real posts the whole game so far? How strong do you expect my read on someone like that to be? Frankly, I've been more up front with my reads than most of the players in this game, so far. And others already pointed out how reachy your other points were. I mean, reachy isn't even the word. That reasoning for your Soup read is bananas. And trying to wave a magic wand over what you said with your new-found understanding of the rules ain't gonna fly. I can't figure why you, as town, would just assume that basically every member of the mafia in this game is a Traitor. That's a crazy leap to make without additional knowledge. Your reasoning seems to be "well, I've played in games with Traitors before." Like, what?

Everyone, keep in mind that scum have to be active so they can find their mates. So essentially I don't think lurkiness is much of a tell early on when the themes still not guessed right.
Quoting this for importance. If Ran flips scum, this might be pretty telling.

AND GUESS WHAT. I GUESSED IT N0 AND GOT IT WRONG. LOLZ
-dead-

What would make you say this? No one asked. Everyone was supposed to guess at the theme N0. In fact, everyone is supposed to guess the theme every single Day and Night phase until they get it right. Why would you confirm that you haven't gotten it right yet? If you are town, then you just told scum that you're still Vanilla for no reason.

Ouch. Ouch. Ouch. Sorry Nabe.
Oh wait, nevermind. Says they may or may not know, so that could indeed be a scumslip.
Is this really all you two are going to do?

So much scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Funny. Circus, how come you haven't said anything about Swords attack on EBR?

He said the same thing. So I assume if I was lynched ToDay for that, would you go after Swords ToMmorow?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually thought it was that they didn't know their partners until quoting it for Joey. ;-;

Still think Circus and Swords are scum.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Actually I concede to my previous point. Swords only said that 'they don't have private communication' I confused it.

I still think Circus and Swords are scum however.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Funny. Circus, how come you haven't said anything about Swords attack on EBR?
Becuase I don't have a strong enough read on either of them to care how that argument might play out? I'm waiting to see what EBR says in response to it, if anything. Why is the fact that I don't comment on everything in the game suspicious to you?

He said the same thing.
Am I supposed to know who "he" is? What did "he" say? Why are so many people being so vague in their statements?

So I assume if I was lynched ToDay for that, would you go after Swords ToMmorow?
I have no idea who I'll "go after" toMorrow. Probably several people. It will probably depend upon how the lynch goes, too.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
*Sigh* That's as far as my read goes... ;-;

Basically need input from others now. Not on this, but... Now I'm out of leads. xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I hope you put up a vote soon.

Also keep in mind that July viewed without saying anything.

Top Bottom