• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Hearts, Kicks and a Frying Pan~ A Peach Guide by Excel_Zero [UPDATED: 02/15/09]

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
I'm sorry if someone already mentioned this. I did a brief search and found nothing.

Peach's neutral-B, Toad, has a great situational property: if you get hit from behind, you don't turn around like most counters will make you do. instead you will shoot the spores or whatever forward :)

This is mostly great on teams [or in any situation where you are between a hitbox and your opponent...like, facing opponent and a Samus bomb is behind you or a boomerang is returning, for some examples]

just a small small gem that could have it's good uses :)

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm sorry if someone already mentioned this. I did a brief search and found nothing.

Peach's neutral-B, Toad, has a great situational property: if you get hit from behind, you don't turn around like most counters will make you do. instead you will shoot the spores or whatever forward :)

This is mostly great on teams [or in any situation where you are between a hitbox and your opponent...like, facing opponent and a Samus bomb is behind you or a boomerang is returning, for some examples]

Actually somebody mentioned it. But it doesn't hurt if someone reminds it, it's an excellent technique! :bee:

Eternak

Smash Rookie

Yup it is totally situational since Excel also uses it with me when we play as team at Gamebattles since i use toons Projectile spam a lot and uses my boomerang maneuvering to control it and cancel any attack Excel was doing so he can do a new 1 or rather save his life when he is falling Lol it gives him a lil push Upward so then he can recover very well.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Excel if I might possibly contribute something to the guide?

During some of my testing for the Stale Move Negation thread thing, one thing I tried to do was find the starting damage of the golf club - I did this in a very tedious way (by not first consulting the guide :p), I simply tried to get a gold club fmash as the first thing I did in a group match. If I didn't I'd do a "No Contest" and try again. I NEVER got a gold club. EVER.

Meaning:
It is impossible to pull a golf club as your first Fmash in a match.

Some "special property"...

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
How many times did you try it? Over 9000?
I didn't count, but rest assured it was many, MANY times. It just a theory though, and my results seem to say it's true.

Either way it should be rather easy to disapprove if I'm simply just unlucky and thus wrong - go to group brawl and get a golf club as your first fsmash. Which will be NEVER. :laugh:

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord

Someone posted about this (Edres I think). I'll make sure to put this up in the description of the move or somewhere. Thanks.

Yup it is totally situational since Excel also uses it with me when we play as team at Gamebattles since i use toons Projectile spam a lot and uses my boomerang maneuvering to control it and cancel any attack Excel was doing so he can do a new 1 or rather save his life when he is falling Lol it gives him a lil push Upward so then he can recover very well.
lol yeah it works :D

During some of my testing for the Stale Move Negation thread thing, one thing I tried to do was find the starting damage of the golf club - I did this in a very tedious way (by not first consulting the guide :p), I simply tried to get a gold club fmash as the first thing I did in a group match. If I didn't I'd do a "No Contest" and try again. I NEVER got a gold club. EVER.

Meaning:

Hmm I'll have to try this later. Thanks for bringing it up.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Good so far, gonna be so much better when all of the "*later*"s are filled in though =P. Good thread. Psy.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Good so far, gonna be so much better when all of the "*later*"s are filled in though =P. Good thread. Psy.
I agree. We should enslave Excel and make him finish this ASAP.

*whips Excel*

Niko_K

Smash Master
Each weapon of Peach's F-Smash has a sweetspot. I've been really lazy in my posting.

Golf Club: At the VERY edge of the golf club, I believe increases by 1% and has more knockback
Tennis Racket: On the rim of the racket, 1% increase as well as a HUGE boost in knockback, sending them downwards.
Pan: As you mentioned, 1% increase and increased knockback, you must hit them with the very inside of it, closest to the handle.

I also recently discovered that there are a few frames where F-Tilt acts as a ridiculously own spike. Though I have never been able to replicate it due to how hard it is, I'm guessing theres maybe 2 frames where it spikes.

Niko_K

Smash Master
You'll know you've hit the golfclubs sweet spot when it hits when it really looked like it shouldn't have. The sweetspot is right outside the edge of the club.

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
XII. Veggies In-Depth

*later*

XIII. Float In-Depth

*later*

XIV. Advanced Techniques

-Glide Toss-

Description: Peach moves a long distance while throwing a turnip at the same time.

How to Do: When you have a Turnip (Beam Sword, Mr. Saturn and Bob-omb also works) at hand, do a rolldodge at any direction and then throw the turnip at any direction. Peach is supposed to slide at the same time while throwing the turnip.

Uses: Very useful technique for Peach. Works for approaching as well as retreating. An approach I usually do is hitting the opponent with the turnip while doing the Glide Toss, and then doing a running grab.

Demonstrational Video: *later I guess*

XV. Character Matchups

-Bowser- :bowser2:

*later*

-Captain Falcon-:falcon:

*later*

-Charizard-:charizard:

*later*

-Diddy Kong-:diddy:

*later*

Donkey Kong:dk2:

*later*

-Falco-:falco:

*later*

-Fox-:fox:

*later*

-Ganondorf-:ganondorf:

*later*

-Ice Climbers-:popo:

*later*

-Ike-:ike:

*later*

-Ivysaur-:ivysaur:

*later*

-Jigglypuff-:jigglypuff:

*later*

-King Dedede-:dedede:

*later*

-Kirby-:kirby2:

*later*

-Link-:link2:

*later*

-Lucario-:lucario:

*later*

-Lucas-:lucas:

*later*

-Luigi-:luigi2:

*later*

-Mario-:mario2:

*later*

-Marth-:marth:

*later*

-Metaknight-:metaknight:

*later*

-Mr. Game & Watch-:gw:

*later*

-Ness-:ness2:

*later*

-Olimar-:olimar:

*later*

-Peach-:peach:

*later*

-Pikachu-:pikachu2:

*later*

-Pit-:pit:

*later*

-R.O.B.-:rob:

*later*

-Samus-:samus2:

*later*

-Sheik-:shiek:

*later*

-Snake-:snake:

*later*

-Sonic-:sonic:

*later*

-Squirtle-:squirtle:

*later*

-Toon Link-:toonlink:

*later*

-Wario-:wario:

*later*

-Wolf-:wolf:

*later*

-Yoshi-:yoshi2:

*later*

-Zelda-:zelda:

*later*

-Zero Suit Samus-:zerosuitsamus:

*later*

XVI. Stage Counterpicks

*later*

XVII. Useful Threads

Peach Video Archive by Dekuu
can u explain to me what a disjointed hitbox is and if there is anything useful or special about it?

chckn

Smash Ace
I was messing around with Peach yesterday, and I noticed that she is one of the most fluent and versatile characters in the game to play. She's easy to camp with, her ground float is very usefull and she can string moves together fairly easilly. I also noticed something that was funny to me. Im sure this is common knowledge but out of a float or just a jump, when you press the analog stick diagonal and hit r peach falls back just a little. Kind of feels like wdashing lolol. But yeah, on lylat when the ground is tilted, if you do this on the downwards slope the movement is more noticable. This is most likely not usefull at all, but its fun and feels like I'm playing melee again :].

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yesterday I was playing a computer and during the end of the match I pulled off a fully charged Pan sweetspot. Its very hard to hit with. The Zelda was inside of Peach when it happened.

It did 27%, and it killed the Zelda at 77% Idk if it could KO lower but thats what I got. I didnt see a huge increase in knockback like the Racket's sweetspot.

So I guess we know that if you hit with its uncharged sweetspotted it does 19% and a fully charged sweetspotted hit does 27%.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Sorry for the lack of updates people. I'm studying Peach at the moment and I want to learn more stuff before finishing this guide. Also, the matchups thread is going on at the moment. :)

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787

I simply tried to get a gold club fmash as the first thing I did in a group match. If I didn't I'd do a "No Contest" and try again. I NEVER got a gold club. EVER.

Meaning:

Im beginning to think its true. I have never ever gotten the golf club first, its always the pan and racket.

P.O.P.

Smash Cadet
Sorry for the lack of updates people. I'm studying Peach at the moment and I want to learn more stuff before finishing this guide. Also, the matchups thread is going on at the moment. :)
hey excel zero, can u explain to me what a disjointed hitbox is?
From what I've heard it's attacking with something other than ur own body (ex sword).
Can u fill me in on the whole disjointed hitbox business and how it is special and stuff?

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
hey excel zero, can u explain to me what a disjointed hitbox is?
From what I've heard it's attacking with something other than ur own body (ex sword).
Can u fill me in on the whole disjointed hitbox business and how it is special and stuff?
You're right. A disjointed hitbox is an attack that is not done by the character's own body (like Ness' Fsmash, ZSS' Side B, G&W's bair, Marth and Metaknight's attacks, etc.) The good thing of a disjointed attack is that you are not at risk of actually receiving any damage back when the attack collides with another one.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I have a question. I am trying to pickup peach as a playable character. My main is Link which has some really nice AT's which I thought might apply to peach as well.

How often should I use Turnip smashing (F-smashing with a Turnip)
Sry if thats the wrong name....we call it bombsmashing on the Link forums

Also ZAC (Z drop Aerial Catch) .....dropping your turnip and recatching it by doing an areial attack. I would assume this is extremly useful when in *Float mode*
Once again I apologize if you don't call it that. It is what we call it on the Link boards.

Instead of making a new thread I thought I would just ask the wonderful people in the peach guide forms.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
By Turnip Smashing you mean the glitch where you hold the item while you Fsmash right?
No one has find any good use as of yet. I was playing around with it but couldn't find anything useful.

And ZAC is effective :D.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I was really wondering because Peach can do arieals without throwing the turnip while floating I believe but ZAC I'm Sure still has its uses.

I guess Links Bombsmashing is more useful than Turnip Smashing because with peach its hard to anticipate which of your F-smashes will come out.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
yeah Peachs random Fsmash is a bother at times lol. against rollers it is fun to pull up a turnip, dash towards them, stop at the distance of their roll dodge behind, and do Fsmash with the Turnip in hand when they roll. other than that, like Dekuu said its not much you can do with that with Peach.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I try to get rid of the frying pan whenever possible. I really don't use Fsmash against someone relatively close to me, so the frying pan can sometimes screw up follow ups, etc. I love the golf club's range and the racket's sweetspot (and its range too). Missing the hit because of the pan's short range can put you in a bad situation.

Airgemini

Chansey
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
I used to always try and get the pan out but then I switched to getting the tennis racket because it has the worst knockback and KO potential when its not sweetspotted.
Even though the tennis racket is my favorite, pulling off the sweetspot with it is much more difficult (not harder than thoe pan's though) to pull off to get a KO. But when you hit with it its awesome!

Top Bottom