• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RNH

Smash Cadet
Hmm. bought Xenoblade and its really good. The chances of Shulk being a character is huge. Though I don't want like Reyn or something to be a character since the only cool homs in the game is Dunban imo

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Playing through Xenoblade so far, I have to say Shulks personality, on a general level, is rather bland. I think Reyn and even Sharla have better personalites, even though I dislike both of their personalites. For a Nintendo game though, he has an awesome personality. Regardless, he is grade A Smash material. Gimme a Sharla Assist Trophy plz. Sniper would ba amaaazing. The only person, so far, that's personality I like is Dunban. Sharla, Reyn, and Fiona are... bleck. But I think its because the game is so friendship is magic, and that is a turn off to me. Great game regardless of those complaints. And I will completely stand behind the idea that Shulk should get into Smash before Ridley, K. Rool, Isaac, Mewtwo, Palutena, and my beloved Krystal. Hands down the best Nintendo character not in Smash.

:phone:

yani

Smash Lord
You gotta tell us when you meet the Heropon and Seven ;3

I'm enjoying all of this Shulk support. Fo real.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Funny you say that Shorts because Sharla is one of the best characters in that game I think. It's mostly because she is not special or having magic powers. She's smart, determined and caring. Good characteristics. She doesn't have to be a special race or a
machine gun robot girl friend.
It's nice to see a female character done as just a women and nothing more.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Heropon has the best personality by far. As for Shulk's, I can understand what you mean. It is because he is simply a person who thinks and asks questions, which honestly isn't too surprising for a lead role. He more so is the level headed neutral character that balances out the extreme personalities he is surrounded with such as Reyn, Sharla, and Riki. Dunban isn't extreme though, he plays like a father figure. Melia to me is the bland one, half the reason I never put her in my team is because the character didn't interest me, whereas Reyn, Sharla, and Riki were all fun so I used them. And I like what Smashchu says, Sharla is just a strong woman, though I also see where Shorts is coming from, her personality isn't something I'd get along with so I don't like it at the same time. :laugh: More interesting than Fiora or Melia to me however.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Oh god.. thank you for that gif yani. :laugh: Perhaps I should look up Riki on the internet sometime and collect what I find. Work on a set and show everyone how awesome Shulk is.

I would make a Riki thread just for the lawls but it wouldn't last. XD And perhaps would be locked and I'd be directed to the unlikely character thread hah.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Whoa, this poll is remarkably different from anything I've seen. Shulk in first? Ghirahim above KING KAY RULE?! Almost as much as RIDLEY?

I love this.
Though Palutena really deserves more than freaking Tom Nook. Dampens the legitimacy of this poll in my eyes *pushes up glasses*

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Shulk is in 2nd
Waluigi winning

@above who quoted me - I hate Fiora (i was for MeliaxShulk and when affinity didn't affect the story i was sad :[)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I saw the poll already Yani. Voted for Shulk. This give me confidence he may make his way into the game. can't argue with that!

Also, Melia X Shulk would have been cute
If anything, I kind of like the team without Fiora

ChronoTempest

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Xenoblade was easily one of the best games on the wii, hopefully shulk gets in. I agree with the movesets posted prior; especially the idea of his final smash giving him a vision. The only potential difficulty with it would be if the opponents just stood still during the FS, (although it would still provide a chance for some easy attacks).
-Peace

yani

Smash Lord
I'm really impressed with how well he is doing! Shulk is in second with 2.7k votes and N (the Pokemon trainer) took the lead with 3.2k. I didn't think Shulk would be this popular. I'M REALLY FEELING IT!

DilowcsNollsnn

Smash Rookie
Just looked at the poll, Shulk is winning by a landslide (10% with 4485 votes) second place is Ghirahim with 3560 votes (8%). Which is great for me because Shulk & Ghirahim are my most wanted characters. Woohoo!

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Nice to see him in first, but it does seem like people are really trying to manipulate this poll.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Nice to see him in first, but it does seem like people are really trying to manipulate this poll.
What do you mean? By rigging it? I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, even someone the comments "joked" about rigging it himself for his own character to take the lead...

yani

Smash Lord
Yeah something is up because Waluigi and N had a fairly nice lead and now Shulk does (not that I mind..heh)

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
What do you mean? By rigging it? I wouldn't be surprised. Hell, even someone the comments "joked" about rigging it himself for his own character to take the lead...
I just think people are spam voting. The thing lets the same IP vote again and again, so it's likely people are just voting over and over. I think it's happening to Ghirahim.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Nah, reliable sources tell me that the Ghirahim votes are legitimate.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I can believe shulk to be first. I also Think he's the best canidate to be most popular for America. I don't think the votes are screwy, just more people are getting around to the poll. Friends telling each other about it an all.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I would really like Shulk in the game.

My thoughts for his moves were that his normal arts would be in his basic attacks (Backslash and Stream Edge s smash attacks, etc.) and Monado Arts would be his special moves.

B: Monado Buster: A chargable attack. Shulk causes the Monado's laser blade to grow to an enormous size, bigger the more the move is charged, and swings the thing down for massive damage when finished.
Side B: Monado Speed: Shulk charges forward with blinding speed, enough to cross past an enemy without them noticing (clone of Fox's Illusion, in execution?)
Down B: Monado Shield: Takes a little time to perform: Shulk surrounds himself with a shield capable of stopping a single projectile. Unlike some other shields, it doesn't reflect, and only stops one shot, but it does allow Shulk to move about while it's active.
Up B: Monado Purge: Shulk leaps into the air, the Monado glows green, and he cleaves an arc into the air, flinging a sword-beam projectile upwards as he does so.

Final Smash: Monado Cyclone: Shulk raises the blade up high, and severing winds erupt from beneath him in a wide radius, slicing and launching everyone unfortunate enough to be caught up in it.

Thoughts on that? It's either that as a final smash, or perhaps a move based on the very spoilery powerup from the very end of the game.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
His final smash should really be his visions. They were pretty crucial to the story.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
But they don't exactly translate to Smash very well. If it can be made to work, then okay, but Shulk has plenty of viable options for a Final.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
But they don't exactly translate to Smash very well. If it can be made to work, then okay, but Shulk has plenty of viable options for a Final.
Exactly. Cyclone is the last attack art he learns in story, and that final powerup is also extremely worth, due to it's importance at the end.

Unless his final smash would give him the final powerup, and incorporate the visions by having him auto-spot dodge everything.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Exactly. Cyclone is the last attack art he learns in story, and that final powerup is also extremely worth, due to it's importance at the end.

Unless his final smash would give him the final powerup, and incorporate the visions by having him auto-spot dodge everything.

The thing is a final smash should be something special. Cyclone isn't that special. It's just another art like the rest of them. That's why I go with the visions.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
The Monado III is really special, too.

And Cyclone is learned just before the last fight with Egil, ya know.

Oh, how about this: final smash gives him the
Monado III
causes him to dodge everything (visions) and replaces Buster with Cyclone for the duration.

yani

Smash Lord
I think the visions could be used for a counter. It would make creating the actual visions in the game much less of a hassle and it would fit his moveset pretty well. His FS could be
Monado III
adding Speed, Enchant (which in Smash would just make his weapon more powerful/ longer reach for attacks) and Shield which would reduce any damage taken to 1%. Something like that.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I would prefer his special moves to all be Monado Arts. I just think it would make sense, thematically. His Final Smash could use the visions by having him dodge all attacks sent his way, while making his attacks more powerful and changing his weapon to the
Monado III

I wonder what his taunts would be like?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Bionis leg would be the ideal stage... Its the first amazing area in the game. Though i would not mind something like sword valley or satorl marsh being the stage either. I'd say those three are the best spots for a stage in smash. Mt Valac would be to similiar to summit, the Makna forest is just a forest >.>

My vote goes to satorl marsh, can't beat night time satorl marsh

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
What about Eyruth Sea? Those floating gardens are prime locations for a stage, being that they hover over a dangerously long drop into the water. Also, Prison Island is there...

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Haha, I can just imagine having teleporters to take you to various Hovering Reefs, or things of that nature. Would actually be neat, if no glitches can arise from the mechanic.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
No, I mean the stage consists of various "hubs" with teleporters located on each one, and upon entering them, they transfer you to its corresponding teleporter.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Ah, so more of a Mushroom Kingdom Warp Pipe sort of deal. Would it be possible to reach the other gardens by jumping normally? Because if not, the place would probably be the size of Hyrule Temple.

Which isn't all that bad of an idea, actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom