• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It could go either way really. To be honest, I'd really like for it to be the new gargantuan stage because then at least in that one you can travel across it quickly, whereas battles in New Pork City and Hyrule Castle can drag on.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Interesting concept. Though I doubt it will happen, it would definitely be cool. Xenoblade Chronicles was an excellent game.

yani

Smash Lord
Eryth Sea would make a beautiful stage! Those shooting stars would be a must :bee:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Since you all brought it up

Eryth Sea

Eryth Sea is a great ocean on the head of the Bionis. This is the place Shulk saw in a vision and becomes a turning point in the story. It boast not only a view of the Bionis, but Prison Island and Alcamoth, the High Entia capital city. You really get a sense that you are on a god in this stage

You fight a top a hovering reef. The green is the reef. The blue platforms are made by the High Entia. The ones with a red dot are transporters and can move you from the main reef to a smaller one on the side. It may be best to try and control the small one in a stock match. To teleporter, just stand under the dot. While this is an ocean, there is no swimming. Your so high up that you'll fall into the blast zone first. As the battle rages on, you'll see the time change from day to night. You can even see shooting stars!

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Perfect. I really think Eryth Sea is the best choice because of how well its floating gardens translate into precarious platforms.

However, the
Bionis' Interior
would also be decent, but of a very... different aesthetic. I prefer Eryth.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Make eryth sea a bigger stage, teleporters sound fun. Also make the teleporters random so abusing them can backfire

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Make eryth sea a bigger stage, teleporters sound fun. Also make the teleporters random so abusing them can backfire
Not a bad idea. The only problem with big stages is they are all about running away. Teleporters might solve it a bit. It could be worse as people could use it to move it around faster.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Not a bad idea. The only problem with big stages is they are all about running away. Teleporters might solve it a bit. It could be worse as people could use it to move it around faster.
As silly as it might sound there could be a system in place that punishes people who camp using the teleporters. Maybe some type of temporary shut off feature, or have the thing self-destruct. Not sure either idea is feasible, but it might be a way to discourage abuse.

Or Sakurai could just have a random 5% chance of teleporting off the stage.

deuxhero

Smash Journeyman
I made this

Thoughts?

Feel free to use it (I have it saved as a vector file, so if you want it a different size, just ask.)

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Maybe flip it, since it's planted in the ground on the boxart and title screen.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
As silly as it might sound there could be a system in place that punishes people who camp using the teleporters. Maybe some type of temporary shut off feature, or have the thing self-destruct. Not sure either idea is feasible, but it might be a way to discourage abuse.

Or Sakurai could just have a random 5% chance of teleporting off the stage.
The warping off stage would be funny.

I know Sakurai is trying to change the big stages. New Pork City was far more open, and the Ultimate Chimera were probably trying to remedy this. I figure they'll do another big stage that wont be as easy to run around in.

Your serving your country proud son.
Going in first post.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Suck this thread dies every once in a while. Oh well. I guess I'll have to make some cool content every now and then.

@deuxhero: Judging from your avatar, this isn't the first time you've made it. Do you have any other emblems?

Oh, and thanks for the Monado one.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
I don't think that makes sense.

That doesn't happen in the game, does it?

yani

Smash Lord
No, but he was able to
freeze time to talk with Shulk, and recreate his friends personalities to help make the choice.
So I think it could work

:phone:

Starwave

Smash Cadet
I hope Shulk gets in.

I don't believe in absolutes, but I think he's got a fairly decent shot at making it in.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It's a shame to see this on page 3. I guess we were always bad at keeping a constant conversation going. Oh well.

I hope Shulk gets in.

I don't believe in absolutes, but I think he's got a fairly decent shot at making it in.
I'm pretty sure he's got a good shot. Like really good. There is just a lot going for him and he'd fit in so well. Plus he's one of those characters that seems cool and you don't know where he's from (like Ness and Marth back in the day).

DMurr

The Radiant Hero
NNID
dmurray9
I bought Xenoblade Chronicles right after it came out simply because I wanted to support the localization of it. ...I haven't played it yet.

Shulk is an awesome character though. I hope he'd get chosen to be in the game, but I'm not sure he'd get picked. They should use Smash 4 to boost his popularity and then create a sequel released world-wide on the Wii U.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I bought Xenoblade Chronicles right after it came out simply because I wanted to support the localization of it. ...I haven't played it yet.

Shulk is an awesome character though. I hope he'd get chosen to be in the game, but I'm not sure he'd get picked. They should use Smash 4 to boost his popularity and then create a sequel released world-wide on the Wii U.
It's a great game. Defiantly try it out. A lot of us in the thread have beaten it so we can give you some tips and advice. Go play it!

I think he's got a good shot. He's got a lot going for him and people like him.

But serious, go play Xenoblade. One of the best games this year for sure.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i love this! very nice. Shulk is one of my favorites for SSB4. one of the pieces of music i would like to see included is the theme for the Bionis Leg. That is my favorite music in the game. Otherwise this is very well done

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I'm very hopeful for Shulk in Super Smash Bros. 4. I feel like a good stage would be something similar to Delfino Plaza, except on a much larger scale, going to different areas of the Bionis. The music for Xenoblade is amazing, and would make any fight epic. Hopefully the massive support for him will get him into the game. I do agree that he probably has a great chance as it is. Here's hoping!

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I would like a stage based on the battle between the Mechonis and Bionis. (a floating platform that revolves around them as they fight and shock waves will be a hazard)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i like that idea as well. Those two fighting in the background would be great. But only if Reyn was an assist trophy and just shouted "Now its Reyn Time!" haha

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Fixed ;)

Shulk seems to be gaining a bit of steam on GameFaqs. Always good to see more love..even if it's from a not so favorable place.

Yeah, Shulk is an oddball. He's in the space between a A and B tier character. He is really popular one minute, and the next, not so much. He kind of comes and goes. Still confident he'll get in, but there is always that point in a Smash game where your not really sure. I felt that way for Dedede and Olimar for a while.

As for stages, you guys are crazy. I'd be pretty good with some of the game locations, and you guys are like "We're going to have some epic battle that will use half of the RAM." But to each his own. You guys dream big.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i think that a stage Xenoblade themed stage(like delfino plaza) would be a great idea. i'd love to see the Bionis and Mechonis in the background, but i think the areas within the game would make for a fantastic stage themselves

TheTizzler

Smash Rookie
I've been playing this game non stop for weeks. It's just so freaking GOOD. Anyway I thought up a potential Final smash. It takes from the chain attack mechanic from the game.

First Shulk would yell chain attack as he performs shadow eye and dissapears from the screen. He is replaced by dunban who attacks with an electric gutbuster giving whoever he hits break status. Reyn then pops in and performs wild down toppling whoever he hits. Shulk then reapears from behind and has a choice of either back slash to try and kill or shaker edge to daze the opponent. Pressing A would perfrorm back slash and B would perform shaker edge.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Thing is that Shulk has, late in the game, one or two spoileriffic things that would make great Final Smashes on his own.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I still think Eryth Sea is good.
Yeah. I even made a stage design for it.

For the entry thing someone mentioned earlier, I was thinking that it would be the B circle thing that happens before a fight. It would line and Shulk would say "I'm ready" or something. Not really an entrance, but kind of a play on Xenoblade.

Also, noticed the views on this thread. Wow. This one and Waluigi should be much higher on the page list than some of the others.

D

Deleted member

I plan on reviving the Waluigi thread once I finish my new moveset video, which is taking longer than I thought...

As for Shulk, I kind of expect him, but I am indifferent to his inclusion as I haven't played Xenoblade and I'm currently saving up money so I won't be buying it anytime soon.
I am not against him however. He's just simply "meh" to me.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Same for me. I really want to play Xenoblade, but my money is currently going toward other things. I'm by no means against him, I'm pretty indifferent. If he gets in: cool. If not: oh well.

I'm taking it that he's one of those characters that you usually support after playing the game.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
i can just imagine Eryth Sea in HD. it would be so...pretty. and yes, once you finish/play Xenoblade, you will love the idea of Shulk in Smash Bros

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
I've recently just become obsessed with Xenoblade Chronicles, and as of right now, I can say that Shulk has my full support, and is my most wanted character for SSB4. As far as I'm concerned, it's inevitable that Xenoblade Chronicles' soundtrack will be included (it would be absolutely tragic if not), and I'll even go as far as to say a stage. Being that the Monolith Soft team had been in development cooperation for Brawl (whether significant or not, some people are still unaware of it), and the fact that Nintendo now fully owns them (first party company), why wouldn't he be added? Not to mention the commercial success of the game. . . Shulk, in my opinion, is the perfect candidate for SSB4, and should not be overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom