• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HERB discussion Thread *NEW STUFF FIRST POST*

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Name something "good" about Brawl, and I'll tell you why you're wrong and it's not good.
No wavedashing or l-cancelling. Melee was nothing but people flopping around looking like *******. Brawl takes more prediction and mindgames, which is what I prefer in fighting games.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
No wavedashing or l-cancelling. Melee was nothing but people flopping around looking like *******. Brawl takes more prediction and mindgames, which is what I prefer in fighting games.
Really? That's your argument? It's a good thing that wave-dashing and l-canceling are gone because people look like *******? That's what you have to give me? Have you ever even watched a competitive Brawl match or Melee match? Wow, you're more of a Brawltard than I thought.

Not to mention, Brawl doesn't take more prediction or "mind-games" than Melee. It only appears that way since it's a lot slower paced and has no tech-skill involved. (Unless you're DUB, go Diddy!) Melee take way more prediction and mind-games being that it's a faster paced game. I don't even have to go further than that to disprove your argument.

God, Brawltards annoy me almost as much as Brawl.

Smith

Smash Ace
Really? That's your argument? It's a good thing that wave-dashing and l-canceling are gone because people look like *******? That's what you have to give me? Have you ever even watched a competitive Brawl match or Melee match? Wow, you're more of a Brawltard than I thought.

Not to mention, Brawl doesn't take more prediction or "mind-games" than Melee. It only appears that way since it's a lot slower paced and has no tech-skill involved. (Unless you're DUB, go Diddy!) Melee take way more prediction and mind-games being that it's a faster paced game. I don't even have to go further than that to disprove your argument.

God, Brawltards annoy me almost as much as Brawl.
I can be a Toon Linktard, but still but cool right ?D:

Vilt

Smash Lord
**** Brawl+

We need some Yu-Gi-Oh and Beyblade mutha****uh

LET IT RIIIIIIIIP
OMFG! YES! Anyone still have the home battle domes? BEYBLADE! RAWR!

and don't make me whip out my Blue eyes shining dragon on you Zero

I actually agree with Lucas on this one. It's just way too slow for me. It's the only issue I have. But TL makes it feel fast for some odd reason so now TL is the only reason I play it.

Brawl might just take less mindgames than Melee. My evidence is Zero's Lucario. For some stupid reason, he wins with rolling and spamming. >.> If that is how what I need to do to gay it up to win, then I rather not play.

Much Love Zero.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Neutral
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Brinstar

Banned
Green Greens
Corneria
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat

there you go.

perfect list.
I like this list right here. Maybe not PS1 just cause how you actually can't get hit through the windmill. but still a good list.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Let's not flame in freakin discussion threads for a huge NC tourney. We should at least try to act professional and at least spam right while discussing the tourney or something.

Vilt

Smash Lord
Awesome. If not too many people oppose this list then it just might be it. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Make pictochat a counterpick. Then it would be fine with me. I'd prefer Green Greens a counter pick too but I doubt that will happen.

Smith

Smash Ace
Smith did you play Fritz? He has a beast TL as well.
I saw him play, I like his toon link, but he's most likely better because he doesn't do the obvious 'zair to nair' combo. He has better grab games too. But I still think my projectile spam is better, but I can't really be the judge of that xD
I just need to improve and mix up my air game more.

Foxy

Smash Master
you know what's nice though? you can get 50%+ combos with other characters in other ways! yay

when everyone is broken, no one is

which is what's cool about melee, except it had less char variety

Top Bottom