• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
I kept up with this game all throughout, and I gotta say that I'm both very impressed with town's performance as well as very disappointed with scum's.

Shootouts later

MVP: tHE-MAN
MVP: Kuzi
MVO: no one (will explain this later)

Any one of these three will be good.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i could see a MvP Kuz/Ryker thing going on.

Kuz nailed all 3 like magic.

although Gheb was obv just due to PoE and his sloppy cases

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I remember ryker wanting you dead too
Dun remember why

i was like wtf hes way too vocal to kill in thos stage in any situation anyways

:phone:

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy with who I chose to track. N1 I tracked Ori because of my dislike of him. Didn't want to track Gheb becuase he was either dumb or scum to me since he was just acting so badly. I tracked RR N2 because of suspicion on him and, when I got that he went nowhere and yet he got scum on Ori I was confused, which led me to tracking him N3 and getting that he visited Kuzi. All in all, my first time as tracker went pretty well.

Good job to tHe-Man for figuring that their role was insane cop. I was confused why they got guilty on Gheb and yet he was the godfather. Never would have thought of them being insane.

I give props to everyone as well but J would like me to point out that he did have a lot of correct reads D1. He had Balatro as scum (but not necessarily mafia), he had Joey v Gheb as TvS, and he had Ori.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I noticed that a lot of your foses and attention were going explicitly to newer player slots. I thought that gave you the appearance of scumhunting while ignoring being too big of a target from more experienced players. Also I thought that even if new players were the target of your FoS, you still wouldn't attract a night kill if they were partnered with someone more experienced who wanted to prioritize their own safety. I didn't mind you living though because you put pressure on new player slots and gave out reads.

#HBC | ѕoup

All i knew watching this game was Auspher, Acrostic, JO_OEY and Felipe were obvious town.

#HBC | Dancer

This was not my best game, I will not lie. I got lazy with reading people and forced scumpicks. The only thing I really did accurately was read townies, with the exception of Gheb.

I did genuinely believe J was scum, anyone else whom I may of accused I was not totally sold on.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I did not have felipe as obvTown at all. No offense dude, and I really feel like playing with you again, but this time was just way too... odd for me.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I knew the setup from the beginning so I can't say anything.

I was pretty impressed with Kuz when he called out the entire scumteam, though. I haven't read most of D1/D2, so I'm not sure how he got there.

#HBC | ѕoup

i've played with felipe at EM, he's inconsistent as scum and town he just derps all over.

albeit the fact he claimed doctor....

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
I mean before that. He probably wouldn't have had to claim if he didn't act so scummy on a gambit. But, it all worked out in the end.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I didnt like joey that much, but looking back its probly just because he wasnt playing optimally.

I wanna go with another hydra next game, gunn ask around sometime

#HBC | ѕoup

tbh i think town woulda won even without help of tHE-Man and his copping powers.

but they still deserve it.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
This was not my best game, I will not lie. I got lazy with reading people and forced scumpicks. The only thing I really did accurately was read townies, with the exception of Gheb.

I did genuinely believe J was scum, anyone else whom I may of accused I was not totally sold on.
You still contributed a lot though and double confirmed Auspher as being dumb town for me.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Set-up:

VT
VT
VT
VT
Insane Cop
Mason
Mason
Tracker
Doctor
Goon
Ninja
Godfather
SK/Watcher

Role specifics:

Masons were confirmed town to each other.
Ninja was untrackable, but could be watched.
Godfather/SK would be guilty to the cop.

Night Actions

N1

TM targets Gheb.
Sang targets Ori_Bro.
Felipe targets TM.
Ori_Bro targets Balatro.
Balatro kills Sword, watches TM.

N2

TM targets Ori_Bro.
Sang targets RR.
Felipe targets TM.
Ori_Bro targets Felipe.

N3

TM targets RR.
Sang targets RR.
RR targets kuz.

[COLLAPSE="acrostic/tandora"]
JTB said:

"I made it in time. Rika-chan! I've come to save you!

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, Acrostic! You are Akasaka Mamoru, Town Vanilla. Prior to the main events of Higurashi, you were sent to Hinamizawa to find a kidnapped boy. During your visit, you met Rika-chan, who foretold all the events that lead up to her own death. Years later, you have returned to Hinamizawa to save Rika and find the villains behind her planned death.

Abilities: You pack a pretty badass punch, but in this game, you only have your voice and a vote. Use them wisely!

Alignment: You are Hinamizawa-aligned and win when all threats to the village have been eliminated, even if you are dead.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="auspher"]
JTB said:

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, Auspher! You are Kimiyoshi Kiichiro, Town Vanilla! While you appear to be the chief of the village, you are really don't have much power since the Sonozaki Estate runs everything privately. Still, you are the head of one of the three prominent families in the village, so you aren't completely worthless.

Abilities: Being the chief of the village, you have your voice and your vote. Use them wisely!

Alignment: You are Hinamizawa-aligned and win when all threats to the village have been eliminated, even if you are dead.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="J"]
JTB said:

"Waste your bullets on me, but if you hurt one of my friends, you'll face a fate worse than hell!"

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, J! You are Sonozaki Mion, Town Vanilla! In Hinamizawa, you assume many roles, including the leader of the Hinamizawa School Club and the heir to the Sonozaki estate. You are very close with your twin sister, Sonozaki Shion and often trade identities with her for various reasons. While you are still young, your leadership rivals that of even high ranking military officers. Will you be able to lead your allies in battle against the hidden villains of Hinimizawa?

Abilities: You have some wicked green hair. And your voice and a vote. Use them wisely! (Your voice/vote, not your hair.)

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="sworddancer"]
JTB said:

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, Sworddancer! You are Sonozaki Oryo, Town Vanilla! You are the true leader behind Hinamizawa, ruling with a harsh personality. All decisions come to you for approval and those who threaten the village are dealt with in, well, an appropriate manner. Despite your tough appearance, you want the best for the village and won't stop at anything to do so.

Abilities: You have your (loud) voice and a vote. Get at the baddies!

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="ryker/brosuke"]
JTB said:

"God may forgive you, but the police force will not!"

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, tHe-Man! You are Oishi Kurado, Town Cop! An old aged detective based in Hinamizawa, you seek to discover the truth behind the serial murders that plague the village every June. Pursuing your prime suspect, the Sonozaki estate, has put you on bad terms with the majority of the village, but your persistence to discover the truth outweighs that.

Abilities

Investigate: Once per night, you may send me the name of a player to investigate. You will receive information back regarding that player's alignment.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="joey"]
JTB said:

"Child of Man. What do you seek from this world?"

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, JO_OEY! You are Furude Hanyu, Town Mason! Once the demon god of an olden Hinamizawa, you sacrificed yourself so that demons and humans may live in harmony. In the present, you are what the villagers believe is the vengeful god Oyashiro-sama, despite the fact that you only wish for good. You are also the guardian angel of Furude Rika and the power behind the Endless June, forcing time to repeat itself over and over in an attempt to save Rika's life. Now, after hundreds of failed attempts, you directly enter the world to finally help find those responsible for her repeated death. Will this world be any different?

Abilities

Oyashiro-samas blood: You are the demon that fell in love with the head of Furude family, causing all your descendents to carry demon blood with them. Because of this, you become the guardian angel of Furude Rika (Crimson King), the present heir to the family. You may directly communicate with Rika here and know that she is Hinamizawa-aligned.

Alignment:
You are Hinamizawa-aligned and win when all threats to the village have been eliminated, even if you are dead.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="crimson king/kuz"]
JTB said:

"I will live past June 1983, and then I am going to grow much taller, my breasts are going to get bigger. I'm not going to stay in a child's body for the rest of my life!"

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, Crimson King! You are Furude Rika, Town Mason! While you appear to be but a young girl in the village of Hinamizawa, you are actually the reincarnation of Oyashiro-sama, the deity that the villagers praise and fear. You are wise beyond your years, having aged mentally while your physical form remains trapped in the Endless June. Will you solve the mystery behind the murders that happen every year or will you be forced to relive your death over and over?

Abilities

Oyashiro-sama's blood: Being the descendent of the Furude family, you have inherited the demon blood passed down by your family and have direct communication with Hanyu (JO_OEY), the true Oyashiro-sama as well as your guardian angel. You may communicate with Hanyu here and you know that Hanyu is Hinamizawa-aligned.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="sang"]
JTB said:

"Are you watching, Nii-nii? Satoko has become this much stronger!"

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, SangfroidWarrior! You are Hojo Satoko, Town Tracker! You have lived a very rough life, having witnessed the death of your parents, being the subject of abuse from your aunt and uncle, and ultimately causing your brother to disappear from your life. It also doesn't help that the majority of the village hates you because of your family. Life's tough kiddo.

Abilities

Trapmaster: While you may be young, you are the town's unofficial master of traps! Each night, you may send me the command Track: Player to set a trap on them, allowing you to see anyone they visit that night.

Alignment: You are Hinamizawa-aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated, even if you are dead.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="felipe"]
JTB said:

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, felipe_9595! You are Irie Kyosuke, Town Doctor! While to the village you appear as a simple doctor, you are actually one of the main researchers of the Hinamizawa Syndrome and among the few that are aware of it's existence. You only wish to help the village with your research, unlike your partner Takano Miyo. Will you succeed in finding a cure?

Abilities

Vaccine: Each night, you may send me the command Protect: Playername and you will provide them with a vaccine, protecting them from all lethal actions that night.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="red ryu"]
JTB said:

Welcome to the game, Red_Ryu! You are Hojo Teppei, Mafia Goon! You have absolutely no morals at all. While your wife was alive, you had a separate lover, Rina, you spent all your time with, you and Rina scam single men out of all of their money, and you treat your niece as a slave and beat her just because you can. Problem, Hinamizawa? Your allies include Takano Miyo (Gheb_01) and Ryugu Rena (ORI_Bro) and you may speak with them here.

Abilities

Kill: You and your allies may choose to kill one person each night by sending me the command Kill: Playername.

Alignment: You are Anti-Hinamizawa aligned and win when the entire village has been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Safeclaim: You know that Hojo Satoshi is not in this game.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="ori bro"]
JTB said:
JTB said:

"Friends. Those companions you speak of are only friends during those fun, yet unimportant times. When painful times come, they won't be your ally."

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, ORI_Bro! You are Ryugu Rena, Mafia Ninja! You are a girl obsessed with all things cute and display a very vibrant personality, but when angered, you become a completely different person. Unfortunately for you and your friends, Takano Miyo has set you up to be a victim of the Hinamizawa syndrome by instilling doubt about your friends within you. Paranoia has stricken you and your friends have now become your enemies. What will happen to you? Your allies include Takano Miyo (Gheb_01) and Hojo Teppei (Red_Ryu) and you may speak with them here.

Abilities

Kill: You and your allies may choose to kill one person at night by sending me the command Kill: Playername. Funny pictures accompanying the kill are not required but encouraged :)

Level 5: Paranoia has overcome you! If you are to leave at night, you take extreme precautions to ensure that you cannot be tracked.

Alignment: You are Anti-Hinamizawa aligned and win when the entire village has been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="gheb"]
JTB said:

"Without a curse, there is no God. With a curse, there will be horror. With horror, there shall be worship. Right now is the time where God advents. I have now become Oyashiro-sama!"

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, Gheb_01! You are Takano Miyo, Mafia Godfather! You have dedicated your life to proving the Hinamizawa Syndrome exists to preserve the memory of your late-grandfather as well as your twisted intentions of becoming a God and you will stop at nothing to do so, even if it requires annihilating the entire village of Hinamizawa. Your allies include Ryugu Rena (ORI_Bro) and Hojo Teppei (Red_Ryu) and you may speak with them here.

Abilities

Kill: You and your allies may choose to kill one person at night by sending me the command Kill:playername. Funny pictures accompanying the kill are not required but encouraged ;)

Godfather: By careful manipulation of the village, no one suspects you to be the true mastermind behind the death of Rika in every world. If investigated by a cop, your results will be treated that of a normal townie.

Safeclaim: You know that Sonozaki Shion is not in the game.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="swiss/balatro"]
JTB said:

“I can hear an extra pair of footsteps behind me...so that means my curse will kill you...

Welcome to Higurashi Mafia, Swiss Balatro! You are Maebara Keiichi, Independent Serial Killer! Being the new kid in town has its ups and downs. Making new friends is good, learning that they keep dark secrets about the village from you is bad. Doesn't help that you has fallen victim to the Hinamizawa Syndrome and begin to have delusions that portray your friends as your enemies. But what can you do now to save yourself? Kill them all, of course!

Abilities

Level 5: Paranoia has overcome you! To discover what Hinamizawa is hiding from you, you may choose to keep an eye on a player each night by sending me the command Watch: Playername. You will be told anyone that visits that player that night.

Madness: Alternatively, you could just kill them with your trusty bat. You may send me a player to kill each night with the command Kill: Playername. You are allowed to use both actions each night.

Alignment: You are Independent-aligned and win when you are the last one standing.

Good luck!
[/COLLAPSE]

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Biggest kuddos this game too

acro for pleasantly surprising me with his play
swords for being a legit info leak
j for showing his townside, i 100% disagreed with his lynch tbh
kuz but i dont like you so meh (<3)

and ofc ryker for being awesometier partner!

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Mod Notes:

- The SK was given watcher as a means to find scum. This wasn't used at all since he died N1.
- Cop was supposed to be a plus for scum. I added the godfather in for when the cop realizes he is insane so that town can't win just off a 'follow the cop' routine. However, Gheb being targeted N1 was the worst thing that could happen.
- Felipe's claims about Takano Miyo being scum and him not saving the SK N1 with his protect made me realize that flavor can be taken too seriously, so that's something I'll keep in mind for the future.
- Mafia's choice to kill Balatro N1 was awful and I'm extremely disappointed in this. Killing a weaker/non-existent player because they have no connections when the doc claimed D1 and power players like Ryker/Kuz in the game? Terrible reasoning.
- Disappointed that Swiss didn't get a chance to really play. I was really looking forward to seeing what he could pull off under a new account, but that didn't happen.

As for the setup, I feel like town would've been too strong if the game came to a massclaim phase, so I'm glad that the game was won for town because of good play. I enjoyed using this flavor for a mafia game since most characters could go be either alignment and still work with their flavor.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>link the shion torture scene in sword's role pm

poor guy

Akasaka should have been Town Window Puncher

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Balatro was Swiss.

"Are you watching, Nii-nii? Satoko has become this much stronger!"
Screw that, Satoko's quote should have been "I won't let you have that hamburger!"

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The flavor led me to believe we were insane pretty early on. Wasnt sure til the godfather flip though.

We really wanted to cop Gheb though, it wasn't dumb luck, but Gheb couldn't know we were insane.
Insanity actually helped a lot here, haha.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Godfather: By careful manipulation of the village, no one suspects you to be the true mastermind behind the death of Rika in every world. If investigated by a cop, your results will be treated that of a normal townie.
huehuehuehue

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yay. Gheb stop being so transparant when you bus people. I had a scun read on you going into D2 but I pinned RR entirely off your interaction with him.

Ori was just obvscum when I re-read.

#HBC | Dancer

You still contributed a lot though and double confirmed Auspher as being dumb town for me.
Thank you. Day 1 I wasn't really able to get any reads on anyone, so I was actually trying to get some information out instead, in hopes that something will pop up to use later. It's pretty much the same thing I did in Kingmaker Day 1, where I pretty much had already decided my shot early on, but reserved giving out who I was going to shoot for the means of having other people take stances without being corrupted by my thoughts.

Anyways, time for shootouts!

Joey: I honestly don't remember to much from your slot. I do remember getting into a little battle with you early on, and I do remember that you seemed to contribute a lot late into Day 1, so props to that. Just watch that TM bias, next time, lol. ;)

TM: The way you guys did things threw me for a loop Day 1. Since I was dealing with Ryker, I approached you guys catiously. I caught some glances of you guys actually taking into account things from multiple angles early on which I def. liked. That huge lynch pool out of nowhere later into Day 1 really kinda the me though.

Anyways though, great stuff investigating all three mafia in a row. The Gheb investigation was definitely a good idea, and I can see why you would want to investigate him. The Kuz gambit was questionable, but it got you what you needed, so in the end that was also probably the right move. It was kind of a two for one deal with the investigation.

Anyways, generally really good, spot on reads on your part, and I definite canidate for MVP.

Acro: Your play this game actually kind of reminds me of my play this game, in the sense that you were more concerned about creating information to follow than immediately latching onto someone. That was probably a good idea, as Day 1 was a pretty null Day. If you remember, I actually questioned you because I thought it was suspicious how you weren't really taking that many stances, and were instead just asking questions. However IIRC TM put your play in a perspective which I could read as townie, so good job overall being such a team player.

Tanny: I honestly don't remember much of your play, which is probably do do the fact that you simply weren't here too much of the game. Good read on Ori, though, you really brought out an obvious scum to light which I feel a lot of people missed (not me though :awesome:).

CK: Uhhh, you were inactive. Shame, because I know that you're a really smart guy, I just wish that I could of witnessed your intelligence first hand. :(

Kuz: Holy **** dude, those reads. You just beasted scum, it was like watching that time on AIM all over again, were you just laid out the scum in PF for me one by one. You were kinda lazy with those cases there, tbh. Since you knew that you were going to die soon, you wanted your reads remembered. Understandable, but if you truly wanted them remembered than you probably should have made a case against your scum picks. People would of probably followed you more likely (if it came down to that) post death that way. I'm nitpicking though, otherwise this was a seriously great performance on your part, and you're a MVP pick right up there with TM.

TBH I actually had a nasty hunch about you going into Day 2 (ask JTB, he knows), so it's probably a good thing I died when I did, lol.

RR: Decent play Day 1, terrible play afterwards. The things you did and the way you did them were ********. The bus on Gheb wasn't a bad idea, persay, but the way you went about it was bad bad bad. Even worse is that once Kuz was on to you you completely lost your wits and counterclaimed cop, which was quite possibly the worst thing you could of done in that situation. By doing so, you brought attention upon yourself, and made yourself a prime target for investigation, as well as other Night actions. The best thing you could of done was simply claim vt, and push elsewhere, but by claiming cop you doomed yourself along with your already doomed partner, Gheb.

Live and learn dude.

---

Alright, gotta go do some homework, I'll finish these shootouts later.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Gg guys, my gambit was bad xD

Also, maf, why you didnt kill me N1 !!!?? I am still choked by that, did you thought i was too scummy to kill me ??? i dont know what you were thinking xD

Also, lulz for protecting Ryker n1, i love you ryker <3

XDDDDD

Top Bottom