• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Higurashi Mafia - Game Over! Who won?

Tandora

Smash Rookie
Excellent job, Kuz! Thank god you joined. =)

That's my husbando!

I apologize for my play. I was really excited and involved when I joined, but that was during night phase of Hentai and I was paranoid as hell that I would confuse players which made me really cautious. Include being busy for Halloween and working 50-60 hours a week I was lucky to post without prods.

Excellent job town. This is a great example of cooperative town play.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Great job town! Fantastic sweep of the entire team. I'm not sad in my play at all, but so glad it's over so now I can go talk to Sang about a few things.

Really fun game even though I was lynched. My lynch did help town in the end which was great in it's own way. ^_^

JTB, thank you very much for hosting a fun game.

D

Deleted member

Good game. I played terribly though.

Forum mafia is so different from playing it IRL, so I didn't know how to react to a lot of things. Trusting RR was a bad idea, but I'm pretty sure it's what kept me from being NKd.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Good game. I played terribly though.

Forum mafia is so different from playing it IRL, so I didn't know how to react to a lot of things. Trusting RR was a bad idea, but I'm pretty sure it's what kept me from being NKd.
I had you as town within three posts. That was good enough for me. You could have pushed on other people, but most of what you said and did helped town in the sense that you were viewed as being town and therefore did not cause town to waste any night actions on you or lynches. It was tHe-Man and th3kuzinator who were really the only two in town leading the appropriate lynches. I fosed [Sangfroid, RR] and had [you, J] as town before replacing out. Ghebbie was null. Ori was null as well.

Panta

Smash Cadet
Normally Ninjas are both unwatchable and untrackable and the Godfather appears opposite of what a Mafia member would normally read as. Cool game to watch be played out though. ^_^

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Mod Notes:
- Mafia's choice to kill Balatro N1 was awful and I'm extremely disappointed in this. Killing a weaker/non-existent player because they have no connections when the doc claimed D1 and power players like Ryker/Kuz in the game? Terrible reasoning.
Agreed, I believe I originally wanted to kill off J, tHe-Man, or sworddancer. But I wanted to be a team player since I was just adjusting to everything.

enjoyed using this flavor for a mafia game since most characters could go be either alignment and still work with their flavor.
I agree, thats why I was kinda thinking I could get everything to work in my favor when i claimed as Rena. Its really believable if you'cve watched the series.

Ori was just obvscum when I re-read.

:phone:
I will definitely be reading back and looking how to work things better in the future.

Well this was great for my first time haha. I actually learned a lot and I couldn't be more grateful. I actually used some methods that people used here today when my friends and I played mafia. I will definitely be coming back for more games ^_^;

I wanna give Kuzi a shoutout for coming into the game and basically doing this.
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻- town -┻

I was awe struck how you came in and disrupted everything. I knew once you posted I wanted you dead but I believe we ended up killing Balatro #fail.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
^_^

You did fine for your first game, Ori. I'm pretty experienced with reading newbie scum so I know what to look for. You fooled most everyone else and didn't get lynched D1 so I'd say you did fine.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, this is what happens when Ryker and Kuz finally stop drawing scum.

Big thanks to my hydra mate for pinning RR midway through Day 1 and helping me to sort out everything.

The lowdown -

From about halfway through D1 we had a SvT read on J and Gheb. We were going to cop Gheb and lynch J, but then J redeemed himself and we didn't want to kill him anymore. We also didn't want to push Gheb because we didn't know if we could bowl him over without the cop guilty with such a short time frame.

RR we pinned as scum on Gheb's flip for some interaction with him earlier in the day. Gheb's response to him as a proposed lynch candidate was icing. The cop counter claim fiasco came after we were pretty sure he was scum.

ORI we pinned off of the way he rode Gheb's coat tails day 1 and did nothing else. It was pretty apparent that RRscum couldn't make it to LyLo with the role he had claimed. There were too many people who didn't like him, so ORI earned the N2 cop when we weren't sure if we were paranoid or insane.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
That huge lynch pool out of nowhere later into Day 1 really kinda the me though.
I agree :mistyface:

One thing I found hilarious about this game is that if Ryker had bothered to eventually claim his character (he didn't, right?), RR's credibility of being cop (as uncredible as it was) would have gone out the window because Oishi is THE cop of Higurashi. Satoshi doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense as cop, especially compared with the actual cop.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
oh hey kantrip guess who's about to play a game with you

i hope it starts tomorrow

gova

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I agree :mistyface:

One thing I found hilarious about this game is that if Ryker had bothered to eventually claim his character (he didn't, right?), RR's credibility of being cop (as uncredible as it was) would have gone out the window because Oishi is THE cop of Higurashi. Satoshi doesn't even make the slightest bit of sense as cop, especially compared with the actual cop.
Wikipedia lead me to believe that it would make me sound insane (lol) and I didn't want to blow my confirmed sanity lie wrt Kuz. After that, I just felt like being bullheaded.

Also, when I said challenge accepted, it was a challenge to get RR lynched without a case rather than to create a case on RR. I did it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
It's funny because I would have never thought of him as being an insane cop, though the wiki page does sort of point to that. However, anyone that actually knew about the flavor would have guessed your character anyway, I suppose.

The cool thing about Higurashi is that practically anything could fit for a mafia theme because spoilers.

Anyway, good anime, would recommend if you're into somewhat confusing and weird stuff, though if you read this game it probably already spoiled some of the major points

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Honestly this is a textbook example of what happens when both Ryker (and xonar) and myself are town. We body. Usually either one of us are scum or we're at each others throats but if we somehow get town reads on each other its done.

Gambit worked out well this time, Ryker, but don't be too reliant on that always working.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'm not. If I had my wires crossed on one of ORI and RR, then it was either you or it was Sang. Sang would crash and burn before the game ended. You as scum could have carried.

SangfroidWarrior

Smash Journeyman
If I'm ever scum you'll know it immediately. I'm very bad at it and only good when I'm playing with new-ish players (from my experiences in IRL mafia since I've never actually been mafia in forum). I've been told that I need to work on looking more towny as town and that I come off as apathetic and clinical to everything. *shrugg* Lots of things I need to work on, especially from this game.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Was interesting to watch this game.

TM and Kuz showed why they're well respected players. Gheb had another bad game, which is a streak for him now.

I had Ryker EXACTLY where I wanted him, cannot understand why I was shot. I was expecting a power NK shot....since it's an easy chance to get rid of a strong player with doc's and tracks spread out over all of town.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yay for still being bad :'D.

Yay for being completely useless after day 1 :'D.

Yay for missing Day 4 and ending of the game completely :'D.

Good game, town. Was fun~.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
By the way, kudos to JTB for the insane cop/godfather pairing, as well as the combo watcher/SK. These work well with the otherwise predictable setup which makes this pretty solid. (Although I don't think there's ever an excuse for tracker/ninja as weight-counterweight.)

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Oh.

Yeah, Swiss and X1 were like ham and pineapple. Like Harry and Ginny. Like a long bar falling down towards four rows that all have exactly one space at the end. They were tight.

Then they broke up, citing different win conditions and branching play strategies. Swiss got Kuz in the custody agreement.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ham and pineapple.

"Town has a role and scum has a counter to it!" isn't balancing. With no offense intended to JTB, because I mostly like this setup for the delicious inversion of the cop/godfather dynamic. It's what I did in HP as well, but you and J didn't guess the theme :c
BRO I WOULD have guessed it if you had responded to my PM and simply told me what kind of theme I was looking for. You could have just said "it is from a movie/book/play or something" and I would have known where to start looking. But noooooo, I was looking for something deeper, deeper, since I thought having the theme be a specific movie would be too easy, I had to look for some vague connections and labjdfjgbifd

:glare:

Nabe, how to balance gaem?

Top Bottom