• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 18: just for Dojo and Inui=9-5-09=BRING FULL SET-UP (wii/tv/ssbb) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Razer saying he's gonna camp me for the first time. Hearty lulz.

Tallman, I don't really know yet, it depends on money. I'll know better on site whether or not I can do it XD

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Remember guys, be at the venue by 11am. You MUST sign up before you start friendlies(yea its gay but you people cant do whats right so i gotta treat yall as a tyrant would) so be there AT 11 so u can sign up early. We start at 1pm and if u are late you will pay a extra 5$ fee(if u sign up at 1:01pm you will still be considered late). IF you bring a FULL set-up(must be Wii/TV/SSBB) you will have your venue fee waived.

Order of events:

Meta ban 1vs1 bracket
Meta legal 2vs2 bracket
Low tier 2vs2 bracket
Melee(will be played during 2nd and 3rd event)

if time allows.....

Low tier 1vs1
Duelist

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If I remember correctly, Razer tried infecting people with swine flu last time. Who knows what wild and wacky adventures he's been on since then.

Or how many pigs he's made out with.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Hey I know this is kinda random, but is anyone interested in buying an xbox 360 w/20GB hard drive? I'm willing to discuss prices, and I also have a few games. I need the money for my own Wii+Brawl (a good cause!). PLEASE, ANYBODY?
Pm me a price:chuckle: I need a extra 360 for Mahvell babyy!

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
Curious in singles whats the ledge grab limit, you placed one on mk but what if I use a character like.. G&W and plank.. how many times can I do it? Is it still 55 like the limit placed on MK? Cause you can plank pretty well with alot of characters. Just want some stuff set in stone so there will be no arguments later.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Curious in singles whats the ledge grab limit, you placed one on mk but what if I use a character like.. G&W and plank.. how many times can I do it? Is it still 55 like the limit placed on MK? Cause you can plank pretty well with alot of characters. Just want some stuff set in stone so there will be no arguments later.
The limit doesn't apply to other characters. It hasn't at any hobo.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
So you're telling me I can go say... Marth and get 1 f-air the continue to plank for 7 minutes? I believe a LGL should be placed.
Yes, you can do that. It doesn't really matter what you believe, it matters what xyro believes lol.

Also, Marth planking is easy to punish lol.

Edit: I also get 2 ledge grabs for every 1 because I play IC's :(. And characters like Samus/TL/Link etc grab the ledge a lot more because they can actually use their invincibility frames well with the tethers. There hasn't been a rule for any other character at any hobo, and we've not once had a problem with it.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
I was giving an example.. but how about g&w.. or pit? or diddy.. LMFAO you're not getting the point hylian I'm saying that if there no LGL i'm telling you I'm going to gay up the tournament and PURPOSELY make every match go to time so to save Xyro some time he should throw up an LGL.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was giving an example.. but how about g&w.. or pit? or diddy.. LMFAO you're not getting the point hylian I'm saying that if there no LGL i'm telling you I'm going to gay up the tournament and PURPOSELY make every match go to time so to save Xyro some time he should throw up an LGL.
And I'm telling you to do just that if you want. It's not me you should be complaining to, I didn't make this ruleset.

Oh, and Kown tried to tell me pit could plank IC's at ozzfest and we played like 3 matches where he did nothing but plank and I 2 stocked him lol. Planking generally works with other characters because people don't know how to beat it. It's an overhyped tactic. GW/MK are the only ones even good at it.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
I just think that a LGL should be placed for all characters. Pretty simple hylian... I hope we do play so I can give you the worst 8 minutes of your life. Anyways why even argue about LGL rule... I thought you would agree with me that a LGL should be stated so no bull crap happens.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just think that a LGL should be placed for all characters. Pretty simple hylian... I hope we do play so I can give you the worst 8 minutes of your life. Anyways why even argue about LGL rule... I thought you would agree with me that a LGL should be stated so no bull crap happens.
I'm not making this complex lol. I don't mind playing against camping. Planking doesn't work with other characters, have fun trying :). I don't agree with you and I don't think a rule should be in place for it. If you do, then prove it. It's simple lol.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Lol Hylian I think you're arguing for the **** sake that you can pretty stupid IMO. Anyways.. if you didn't make the rules please stop answering questions for Xyro, I would like to hear an answer out of Xyro rather then a bystander who thinks he knows everything.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol Hylian I think you're arguing for the **** sake that you can pretty stupid IMO. Anyways.. if you didn't make the rules please stop answering questions for Xyro, I would like to hear an answer out of Xyro rather then a bystander who thinks he knows everything.
Dphat I'm not arguing with you lol I said earlier you shouldn't be asking me these questions because I didn't make these rules.

Thanks for calling me stupid though.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
LGL should probably be in effect for more than just MK. Otherwise I'll go G&W and gay it up.

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Dphat I'm not arguing with you lol I said earlier you shouldn't be asking me these questions because I didn't make these rules.

Thanks for calling me stupid though.
LMFAO not arguing? I believe you don't understand what arguing means.
Webster defines Argue as "to give reasons for or against something"

Evidence seen here:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/argue

Were you not explaining to me why you don't agree on my statement about how a LGL should be placed on all characters? If not maybe I'm just misreading words such as
I don't agree with you
and
I don't think a rule should be in place for it..
But I mean if I misread these words then please forgive me and I apologize.

Gnes

Smash Master
Hyli-poo...sorry but ur wrong.

For this lesson we will assume the role of Diddy,the lovable monkey. Diddy can be planked by chrs. other than mk, such as marth (Dphat planked flip at HOBO 16...it happened...accept it) and GAW(zac has shown me). If Pit is careful enough he can also plank diddy.

But, this rule will not change.

Were heading out. All aircraft report.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
This is why we can't have nice things, because Gnes will unleash his wrath of the Toast Man.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I put the rule on metaknight ONLY because he is the ONLY one who CANNOT be stopped if done right. Pit/marth/gw and several others can be stopped with multiple methods.

However, if all of you feel GW is the "next metaknight" in terms of plainking i can add the limit to him. However, since GW is NOT broken in ANY way and his plainking CAN be stopped(by alot of chars), i wont put the limit on him.

ALSO, if you pick GW or character ABC just so you can plaink, what does that say about you? Remember what i did at world hobo when it was poptop vs JunkInTheTrunk and what i SHOULD have done on light vs gnes? This will happen to you.

I ask ALL players to save replays and or stay on the results screen if u feel u were plainked. XYRO will be the judge(and he tends to favor people who use LEGIT ways of winning).

broly: 1 day event. like normal.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hylian, you're wrong about that. You've never played a good Pit.

When Rogue Pit planks with Pit, it's extremely super hard to beat him unless you use a character that shuts down his planking (MK, GaW, maybe some others). When I fought him with Snake, Marth, and Dedede, he'd win or make it very close when he planked because of how gay the strategy is. When Pit tries to fight Snake, though, it's GGs for him and he gets *****.

Pit's planking is crazy good and gay.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Well, it looks like I wasn't meant to go to this dang tourney. I just had a death in the family. My mom's only brother passed away sometime yesterday, so the funeral is going to be on Saturday.

So yeah, I won't be going. Sorry guys, hope you all have fun.

Gnes

Smash Master
Well, it looks like I wasn't meant to go to this dang tourney. I just had a death in the family. My mom's only brother passed away sometime yesterday, so the funeral is going to be on Saturday.

Sorry about the death in the family.

Things wont be the same without u man, and i also wont get to **** u :(
Stay up dude

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LMFAO not arguing? I believe you don't understand what arguing means.
Webster defines Argue as "to give reasons for or against something"

Evidence seen here:
http://www.merriam-webster.com/thesaurus/argue

Were you not explaining to me why you don't agree on my statement about how a LGL should be placed on all characters? If not maybe I'm just misreading words such as

and

But I mean if I misread these words then please forgive me and I apologize.
Telling you my opinion doesn't mean I'm arguing with you. I actually agree with you in the sense that a rule should be applied to all characters not just one. I was just telling you my opinion to illustrate why I was the wrong person to talk to this about lol. My first response was just telling you what Xyro told me when I asked the same thing you just did.

I had no intention of arguing with you.

Hyli-poo...sorry but ur wrong.

For this lesson we will assume the role of Diddy,the lovable monkey. Diddy can be planked by chrs. other than mk, such as marth (Dphat planked flip at HOBO 16...it happened...accept it) and GAW(zac has shown me). If Pit is careful enough he can also plank diddy.

But, this rule will not change.

Were heading out. All aircraft report.
This is why I keep my opinions to myself a lot :/.

"Inui said:
Hylian, you're wrong about that. You've never played a good Pit.

When Rogue Pit planks with Pit, it's extremely super hard to beat him unless you use a character that shuts down his planking (MK, GaW, maybe some others). When I fought him with Snake, Marth, and Dedede, he'd win or make it very close when he planked because of how gay the strategy is. When Pit tries to fight Snake, though, it's GGs for him and he gets *****.

Pit's planking is crazy good and gay.
Um, actually I've played Rogue Pit, and pretty much every other notable pit main in the US. You don't know who I've played, so don't assume. And yes I beat all of them.

Really sorry to hear that man. You've been going through a lot lately it seems. Hope you can relax this weekend.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I put the rule on metaknight ONLY because he is the ONLY one who CANNOT be stopped if done right. Pit/marth/gw and several others can be stopped with multiple methods.

However, if all of you feel GW is the "next metaknight" in terms of plainking i can add the limit to him. However, since GW is NOT broken in ANY way and his plainking CAN be stopped(by alot of chars), i wont put the limit on him.
$10 to anyone that can stop me (my G&W) from planking. That is all =)

@Dojo :(

Suspect

Smash Hero
I know xyro and hylian, i was kidding

I heard pikmin f-smash spam stops all kinds of planking, true?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Um, actually I've played Rogue Pit, and pretty much every other notable pit main in the US. You don't know who I've played, so don't assume. And yes I beat all of them.
When?

And was it something with cash on the line or a tournament set? That kid is a sandbagger (it's gay and I get mad at him for it when I want to practice seriously, lulz).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom