• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 18: just for Dojo and Inui=9-5-09=BRING FULL SET-UP (wii/tv/ssbb) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
If you're tired of people saying they need a partner, then respond to one of the people who says they need a partner (didn't you post somewhere that you won't be able to go to this, or something?)
I do, and I didn't say for sure. It is only a thought of mine, btw do you need a partner?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I main Tink, but I prefer not to use him in teams unless your horrible.

Ummm, depends who you use, I have the basics of most characters down. I have been learning some Wario, I can use some Pikajew, Some Gaymanwatch, ZSS, Ganon, Fox, MK (SPAM!!!)

But yeah, I could use Tink if you go D3.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Toon Link is broken in teams if you camp.

One time at my school (Izumi, a ranked NJ player, goes to my school, and there are several underground decent players there) I used him in teams for many matches in a row and only lost two stocks total in all the matches because I just camped. I don't even use the character.

Toon Link is immortal if you camp and be smart.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Toon Link is broken in teams if you camp.

One time at my school (Izumi, a ranked NJ player, goes to my school, and there are several underground decent players there) I used him in teams for many matches in a row and only lost two stocks total in all the matches because I just camped. I don't even use the character.

Toon Link is immortal if you camp and be smart.
OK, you confused me say i'm playing on BF in a doubles match how do I camp with out screwing over my partner?

Please Explain

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Kingdom Come, just ask Santi and Dojo. Playing against them on BF is super annoying.
rofl

You can't even take their team to a bad stage for them. It's really hard to counterpick.

I just hunt Santi because I'm amazing against Toon Link and I know that he's trying to stock tank for Dojo and abuse Toon Link's immortality.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I totally forgot about normal doubles, haha. I need a partner for that, too. XD

KRDsonic

Smash Master
But Yo, Tink + D3 is a good team right, I mean the CG could lead into any kind of team combo amirite?
Yeah, D3's Dthrow is great for teams. I wonder if Dthrow > Toon Link's Up B > Fsmash works... if it does, you'd either have to be at low damage or the opponent would have to be on their last stock. I've done Dthrow > Ivysaur's Bullet Seed > Fsmash before and it worked well. As far as what we'll normally be having to do, Dthrow > TL's Up Smash should work, since your up smash is quick, which is good so you aren't stuck in major ending lag for the other player to abuse.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
My god Broly you were too good, I can't believe I died so early in the second match, and then my partner wouldn't help me out of that cg.

Hell, Idk why I took his last life <_<

EDIT: Next time we are going Norfair!

Broly

Smash Lord
yea they were fun. i felt horrible in the way i played AB and his partner. pax shoulda gone ddd alot that tourny, but i hate big fat bodies helping opponents DI. ggs, hope to see ya at hobo 18.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Next time, I gotta get a partner who is better than me, if my partner were better I wouldn't have gotten all the kills in that first match and we probably would have won <_<

No Johns!!!

Broly friendlies at Hobo 18?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
guys, please focus on HOBO 18. take the spam to the houston thread......lol

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
**** Duffman just got upsmashed
Isn't a 3v3 tourney? Well i had read that dphat was dmg already and gness was with flip so i mean i thought i was left out already... Its cool though i dont want you guys to wait for me, dont let me hold you. Im leaning towards traveling in like october when more $ kicks in. Just not driving 11 hours again lol. Need to fly
I like fsmash better than upsmash. dont yell at me zac

Gnes

Smash Master
Well priority goes to OoC/OoS. Next time u come down we can team up. Ill practice with Zac some more so ill be able to handle the GAW shenanigans.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
I just noticed this was on labor day weekend... i am an idiot. its like 300+ to fly.... Going to talk to El Paso about it see if we could drive yet again

Zac i told you to stop giving people practice a long time ago lol. Especially dallas players :p

Gnes

Smash Master
I just noticed this was on labor day weekend... i am an idiot. its like 300+ to fly.... Going to talk to El Paso about it see if we could drive yet again

Zac i told you to stop giving people practice a long time ago lol. Especially dallas players :p
Its too late. We've learned. I wont run into random smashes.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I heard that I was doing well in teams at HOBO 17 but that my partner held me back, or something. If we end up teaming at HOBO 18, I'll do my best not to let you down :D
Lol, I'm just scared of playing a double mk team <_<

Hobo 17 was my first time at a irl Doubles event and dude it was fun, we had a bunch of people supporting my team. I think I will bring more fans to this next event!

@Gnes Powdered Toast Man is win!

YOSHssb

Smash Ace
NNID
aquilarion
This seems like fun. I'll probably be there. I would need a place to stay and I would possibly be bringing one other person (he hasn't gotten back to me yet). So if anyone could house 1-2 people, let me know please =) By the way, I'll be arriving on Friday night around 10:00ish cause that'd be when I get out of class and such and it's like a 7-hour drive for me. so anyone who can house me for Friday night and possibly Saturday (not sure if we'll do the lock-in or not) please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom