• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 19: i allow meta and my turnout drops again(FULL RESULTS ARE UP + 51 vids!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Oh yeah, that reminds me. I wanted to mention that if singles run that late again then I won't go. Though I'm no one special so I guess that doesn't matter :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Oh yeah, that reminds me. I wanted to mention that if singles run that late again then I won't go. Though I'm no one special so I guess that doesn't matter :p
Ya that's crazy it was so late I don't feel as bad for not being able to make it now. :ohwell:

ADHD

Smash Hero
Dude u know how that tourney was with u, where it lasted super late, and singles was done last...it was just like that. Everyone was tired, Px forfeited his spot in singles, i forfeited mine in low tier, it was a weird day. Me and dojo were trash talking each other in winners finals, it was fun, i pretty much knew i wasn't gonna win, but i cant say i was playing horrible because i beat Razer, but i was lol.

Wyatt, step up yo doubles game son. I would have probably gotten second for u baby, but 2:30 am means gnes has to go sleep. :)
Me and rookie should've gotten third, but wes seeded it oddly so we lost to teams 1 and 2. No way minty's team should've gotten 3rd. Diddy players always have legit johns... like snake.

Trela

Smash Lord
Here's what I remember:

1. Dojo (MK)
2. Razer (Snake)
3. Gnes (Diddy)
4. Jumpman (Wolf)
5. Fogo (DDD)
5. Sethlon (Falco, MK)
7. Lee (Marth, Lucario, MK)
7. Beah?
9. Melee1
9. Trela (Lu Lu!)
9. Vorguen
9. Bwett

The results were pretty **** wierd!

And HOOOLLLYY @ Jumpman. That kid is soo good guys. He was 2 stocking like everyone! He put me in losers in Low Tier Singles and Singles :( and you dont wanna know what I got in doubles...

And yeah. Like at 5:50am or something like that we finally got done. I dunno why I'm not in bed still!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Wow, Funplex let you guys stay until 5:30?! I'm so glad I left when I did then, lol!

Shoutouts later.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Here's what I remember:

1. Dojo (MK)
2. Razer (Snake)
3. Gnes (Diddy)
4. Jumpman (Wolf)
5. Fogo (DDD)
5. Sethlon (Falco)
7. Lee (Marth, Lucario, MK)
7. Beah?
9. Melee1
9. Trela (Lu Lu!)
9. Vorguen
9. forget

The results were pretty **** wierd!

And HOOOLLLYY @ Jumpman. That kid is soo good guys. He was 2 stocking like everyone! He put me in losers in Low Tier Singles and Singles :( and you dont wanna know what I got in doubles...

And yeah. Like at 5:50am or something like that we finally got done. I dunno why I'm not in bed still!
Jumpman placing higher than a DDD in singles and getting 4th in a hobo event? I'm ****ing impressed yo, didn't think the kid had it in him I thought he was all online.

He gets my respect now, good job jesse.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Trela, Sethlon went metaknight and i think Bwett got 9th.

Gnes sent jumpman to losers in a really close set and idk who got him out of losers. Jumpman is so good

Trela

Smash Lord
Anti: Jumpman lost to Gnes in winners but took him to game 3. In losers, he beat Melee1, Beah, and Sethlon, then lost to Razer wahahaha!

RT: Nah man we had to go to a hotel like 20 or 30 mins away from it. I was soo tired I just went to sleep on the floor!

KRD: Dear god. *should've listened*

Btw, here is my breakdown on my Singles placement because I know everyone loves me and....sweet.

Trela
Winners:
Bye
Defeated *insert guys name here* (2-0)
Defeated Broly (2-1)
Lost to Jumpman (2-1)

Losers:
Defeated Vex (2-1)
Defeated Furious Duffman (2-1)
Lost to Fogo (2-1) SOOO close dammit!

*shall do Shoutouz later*

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Holy crap, 6 AM? O.o I dunno what's odder: the time HOBO ended, or the results. XD

Wolf placing 4th at HOBO? Daaaang, good stuff, Jumpman.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Atleast there wasnt an angry group of gamers and security kickin people out

**** coulda got hectic

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Dude, seriously, it was stolen?

Also, I know Gea'd Melee disc was stolen.

This is why we can't have nice things.

CY

Smash Ace
holy **** it lasted until 6 AM? glad I didn't enter singles and left at 10.

and that sucks Zac/Gea. Hope you can get your stuff back.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So apparently Inui and Vex got 7th in teams.

What happened to being good at teams, Inui?

inb4johns

Also, apparently Inui dropped out of every other event because he did so poorly in doubles. How much you wanna bet though that he'll play it off and be like "I got to spend time with DugFinn so I don't care"? He does care. Don't listen. Don't give in to the JOHNS!
Dear God you are a ****ing jerk. Just shut the **** up once in a while. You seem to take every god **** shot at me possible. Get a life. Find some other reason to post.

I didn't drop out of every event because of doubles. I dropped out of normal singles because I was tired of TX's garbage seeding (again, it was beyond terrible in everything, with two n00bs fighting in the same spot as like DMG vs Jerm and multiple occurances like this happening) and constantly being taken to Pictochat or Jungle Japes.

Why is ike allowed in low tiers? That's so stupid. He's mid TIER!
Ike is the 5th worst character in the game because of multiple 90/10 and 80/20 counters amongst the good characters. He's just good in low tier events.

I ran an event bigger than this tournament with 7 set-ups, started an hour later, and finished by 2am. :laugh: Other TOs need to be more strict.

@Dojo and Razer: I can't believe you let DugFinn put her own $80 into the pot to make up for the money that was missing. Two kids that win hundreds can afford to not win $40 each. DugFinn has had a miserable past several weeks and has no money and can't afford to do that crap. If I was awake I could have stopped her... She put so much work into this event, kept a smile on her face despite how crappy I know she actually felt, and didn't even get to sleep because of it. Nobody seems to appreciate a good TO.

Btw, I won the $50 MM with Dekar.

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
lol inui's mad cuz he sux

if you were good seeding wouldn't matter lololol

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
clearly the solution is you never coming back since the seeding is so horrible and what not. poor inui :(

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Inui, you kinda ask for it when alot of the time you're bragging about your skills / hype yourself up

not trying to start an arguement, just saying my opinion ;P

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Inui is right. Dojo and Jerm had the bracket seeded fine and somehow later, it messed up. The seeding was probably the worst I'd ever seen. I'm not trying to bash any TOs, I just think we should be more careful with who does the bracket. I understand brackets cannot be perfect but I could've gone over and made at least 1-2 changes to the bracket that would've made it much better. Careless mistakes, really no big deal we just need to be more careful with it next time. And start singles first, don't do pools unless the event is 2 days. (obvious but still needs to be addressed)

Aside from that, everything was awesome as usual and I had fun. Again, TOs please don't take what I said in offense. Also, anyone can go take someones wii, pretend like its theirs , and walk out with it (unless the owner sees it of course). Its just that our community is filled with good people otherwise we'd get **** stolen every tournament easily. So i think we should have the same equipment tagging type system that we had at WHOBO. and Cops need to be inside the venue, not outside though I'm not sure if thats in your control. That fine funplex chick at the front texting her friends wasn't enough lul.

Shoutouts later.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I heard Depar was going to challenge you again for $100, did he?
Yeah, but I said no.

Inui is right. Dojo and Jerm had the bracket seeded fine and somehow later, it messed up. The seeding was probably the worst I'd ever seen. I'm not trying to bash any TOs, I just think we should be more careful with who does the bracket. I understand brackets cannot be perfect but I could've gone over and made at least 1-2 changes to the bracket that would've made it much better. Careless mistakes, really no big deal we just need to be more careful with it next time. And start singles first, don't do pools unless the event is 2 days.
Idk about them having it fine at first. I've yet to see a properly seeded bracket at a TX event. TX has a lot of bias in their seeding. Vex was seeded poorly in singles despite being ranked 1st in PA. Our team was given 5th seed in doubles despite me usually being seed two in teams at nationals. I was given a poor seed in low tier singles despite me being a dominating force in difficult low tier tournaments in my region. TX has no idea how to seed. Allan didn't even know about bracket theory until I showed him. I really hope TX learns how to seed a bracket, because it's holding your events back from being truly amazing.

Gea

Smash Master
I'm going to get into stuff later, but I'd like to say three things briefly.

1. I thought Zac's Wii was found? It was just moved, which is the God**** problem I always have with my stuff. Sethlon's bag was left alone under a table with a psp and some other stuff in there. We moved it behind the counter so it wouldn't get stolen. I don't know if he ever found it, but Shlike lost his wallet.

2. A few of you needed deodorant to (re)apply. I'll only name two names specifically. One is what you should shoot for: Phantom X. The man smells like a freshly cleaned grandpa. The other is someone who needed to be more aware of themselves. Inui, to always talk about people needing to bathe, you got within two feet of me behind the counter and my nose hurt from pit funk.

Oh yeah, and you know how when you're trying to run stuff you don't want to hear people complain about the ruleset (constantly) because they disagree with how you feel? Don't do that to Xyro, he was way busy yesterday and that isn't cool.

3. Four events are just too many :)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I'm not sure whether Zacs wii was found or not but allan told me it was stolen/moved at one point.

Gea what was top 3 for melee?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Oh yeah, and you know how when you're trying to run stuff you don't want to hear people complain about the ruleset (constantly) because they disagree with how you feel? Don't do that to Xyro, he was way busy yesterday and that isn't cool.
Nope, because I've never received complaints about my rules. :bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom