• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 19: i allow meta and my turnout drops again(FULL RESULTS ARE UP + 51 vids!!!!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Low tier grand finals, I remember seeing a certain falcon losing his edge when upb'ing to a line that randomly decided to show up. ^_^

I love stupid stages but I don't agree to them in tournament play.
This. The ending was really really stupid.

Gea

Smash Master
This. The ending was really really stupid.
This isn't the place to argue about this, but I will say that Yoshi's (a starter) has killed me in a similar way with the support ghost by catching my up B that would have sweetspotted as someone jumped out and got the free hit. Except I had no warning, and at least on Pictochat if the line is going to draw you see the eyes drawn first.

Popertop

Smash Champion
You can blame me for starting the argument, I wasn't serious tho :D

It's just my favorite stage, and I can feel when it's going to help me.

Esca

Smash Champion
Inui, I don't think people should be going after you, but I do need to point something out here:
-If you are considered the 2 seed, that means it should be expected you lose to 1st place only. Meaning if you actually were the 2nd best team there you would have gotten 2nd regardless of seeding.
-You got 5th at Genesis. Have you placed in the top 2 at any non-EC tournaments.
-If you did indeed get bracket ****ed you should have lost to 1st/2nd place. Maybe 1st/3rd place. I could see that being a bracket ****, as in you could have placed as high as 4th. I placed 7th with Greg at a tournament where we lost to 1st/2nd place. It sucked. So, did you lose to 1st/2nd place, or did you lost to like 3rd/5th place? That, and solely that, is actually what would determine if you were bracket ****ed.
Actually, I completely disagree with this post. I think one of the sole reasons Inui + Vex got 7th is because they got screwed over by stages/bracket ****ed.

Broly/Vash should not be higher than Inui/Vex. No offense to Broly and he's amazing at this game, but Vex and Inui are crazy talented at this game.

I think I got bracket ****ed to be honest.

Can someone list their doubles bracket??? I think we were purposely seeded bad.

1st: Trela/Error13
2nd: Dekar/FuriousDuffman
3rd: Dojo/PX
4th: Espy/Zori
5th: Broly/Vash

I really dont think this is fair at all. I will not attend another Houston tournament if **** like this continues.

On a second note, YES I argued about Meta being legal, and didn't enter. This is because singles started at ****ing 8:30.

I find it extremely extremely coincidental that the one tournament Xyro makes meta legal at, he starts singles as the last event/ 2nd to last whatever you understand my point. I think Smash needs a reformation in Houston.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
To add on to the disasters, in doubles me and kalo vs kates and xyro 1st round was recorded as a win for xyro and kates when they never even called the match so we never played it. then in losers same thing happened when infinity and jinx "played us" and won but the match was never called. thankfully that time we got to undo that win and actually play infinity+jinx.

dunno how that happened lol, its cool cause we got our money back but still i dont know how this **** happens.

Broly

Smash Lord
Actually, I completely disagree with this post. I think one of the sole reasons Inui + Vex got 7th is because they got screwed over by stages/bracket ****ed.

Broly/Vash should not be higher than Inui/Vex. No offense to Broly and he's amazing at this game, but Vex and Inui are crazy talented at this game.

I think I got bracket ****ed to be honest.

Can someone list their doubles bracket??? I think we were purposely seeded bad.

1st: Trela/Error13
2nd: Dekar/FuriousDuffman
3rd: Dojo/PX
4th: Espy/Zori
5th: Broly/Vash

I really dont think this is fair at all. I will not attend another Houston tournament if **** like this continues.

On a second note, YES I argued about Meta being legal, and didn't enter. This is because singles started at ****ing 8:30.

I find it extremely extremely coincidental that the one tournament Xyro makes meta legal at, he starts singles as the last event/ 2nd to last whatever you understand my point. I think Smash needs a reformation in Houston.
i agree, but im pretty good at dubs. we had leem/ dphat both games. im not gonna argue, but last hobo jerm/hyliam got 5th, you guys got 3rd n we beat you both yesterday. no johns

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Doubles was fun, Singles took too long to start so I just gave up the rest of my matches. I left around 2:00 in the morning and things were still dragging on :/

I had fun, but I think me and Dphat, along with others, are calling it quits for Singles. Singles has too many stupid things happen.

Also Inui don't john about your placement in teams. If you say "Oh well I could have done better" then we can say "Oh well we could have ***** you harder". Just accept the fact that you had a less impressive day in doubles, and leave it at that. No one cares about how hard you try to defend your misfortunes in doubles.

Also Some Doubles results:

1. Gnes+Razer
2. Super Gay Team Gay Gay Gay Team (DMG+UTDZac)
3. Butthole Perfect (Dphat+Lee Martin)
4. PX+Dojo
5. Duffman+Dekar? (maybe, I don't honestly remember.)

Gea

Smash Master
Let's just get to shoutouts, please. I can attest to the fact that no one was specifically seeded poorly on purpose, but there were technical difficulties that kept causing issues.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
**** all that hate to Inui lol.

If i go to TX i might get that shiet too!

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
@Dojo and Razer: I can't believe you let DugFinn put her own $80 into the pot to make up for the money that was missing. Two kids that win hundreds can afford to not win $40 each. DugFinn has had a miserable past several weeks and has no money and can't afford to do that crap. If I was awake I could have stopped her... She put so much work into this event, kept a smile on her face despite how crappy I know she actually felt, and didn't even get to sleep because of it. Nobody seems to appreciate a good TO.
Ok. First I can john that me and Gnes were nervous vs you in doubles and still won. Even if you got a higher seed than us, you would of had to fight one of the other 3 good teams (lee and dphat, zac and dmg, dojo and phantom). The seeding situation is cleared up.

About the pay out. You have no idea what you're talking about. Pay out was WRONG. Which is why money was missing. I won't get into it now but I'll let Xyro or some else clear it up. It was 80$. Not 40.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Gay arguments are gay.

Sure, Singles started late, My bro isn't good at doubles and we just had to play against some of the best teams and our first match in dubs was against the wrong team lol, I got DQ'ed from my first match in low tier singles even though I told RT where I was and my match against tidas i lost because somehow my ganon suicide move killed me first, and I didn't get to leave til 1 am.

But you know what? I had a fun *** time. I go there to have fun and play against other people, some better and some worse. I go to make friends, everybody there is cool and friendly. Lol, most of y'all are kinda nerdy though lol. But, aren't we all. We are this big *** group of gamers who come together once a month to play, conversate, and just have a good time. There is no reason to be rude to anyone or ***** at anyone, especially the TO's who work their ***** off.

BTW LOL, I apologize for stepping on the cord. My brother and I were walking and I stepped on it, I told my brother to go plug it in, LOL then Xyro said something to him. I was like OH ****!!! My bad.

I wasn't johning!
I wasn't *****ing!
I wasn't crying!

Some people just do this like its a business and it's really not.

I had a great time, I was nice and cool with my opponents as they were to me. If I lost or won I shook there hand and said "Great Game and Good Luck with the rest of your tournament!"

So to those people who complain about brackets, seedings, etc. STFU!!!

Got **** It!
Inui, I tried to be nice and polite with you, tried to conversate a bit, And all you did was JOHN!!!!!

I wanted to play you, but you don't friendly. I offered a mm with you, but you don't do mms less than $5. Dude, If I won a $50 mm and one of the best players in the, let me slow down, W-O-R-L-D, I would be so ****ing hyped and happy. Yet, all you did was JOHN. It's shocking to actually see how poor of a sport you were.

Xyro, De'Angelo, Dugfinn, RT, Gea.

Y'all put on one hell of an event and I am going to try and keep my grades up so I can come back in November.

Tl;Dr

Quit *****ing, and I had a good *** time.

pianodude700

Smash Journeyman
*Likes above post and remembers why he came to tournaments in the first place*

Kingdom Come, if I ever meet you, you get a free six pack from me.

Tournaments are meant to take the already fun experience of playing a video game to the next level. Yes, they're to determine who the best is, but cmon if people really only went to win, you'd have one hell of a small turnout, because let's face it: how many people in attendance at 100 man tournys (especially tournys like these where people already usually know and have played each other) come expecting victory?

Maybe 5-10 people tops.

Keep the johns to yourself. No tournament is or ever will be perfect because of a little attribute human beings were created with that's called OPINION.

There isn't enough room for every single opinion to think theirs is correct. So just keep it to yourselves, or take the discussion somewhere more private.

I miss smash tournaments.

-Ran

Smash Master
If tournaments are running so long[This has become the norm], maybe Texas needs to step it up in set ups? Razer told me they had 12 Tvs. In Louisiana we can get 8-10 set ups for a 30 man tournament.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
12 setups should be fine the main issue is that many do not realize that low tiers are becoming more popular and are, sadly, making the tournaments run longer. When the venue closes at a certain time you have to properly plan around that time frame or make the owner aware of the time needed for the tournament.

Setups should be brought and encouraged also. There is absolutely no excuse for people not to bring Wii's at the very least. People are becoming lazy with setups and that should not happen.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Houston fails. Everyone let's move to Dallas! =D

Esca

Smash Champion
i agree, but im pretty good at dubs. we had leem/ dphat both games. im not gonna argue, but last hobo jerm/hyliam got 5th, you guys got 3rd n we beat you both yesterday. no johns
Nah I agree with you. Yall had a good team. But I do feel if Vash wouldn't have hit me with that **** tire. lol

But Vex/Inui are both extremely good players.

And I did an amazin 2 v 1 vs Dekar/Duffman. Just sayin'

theeboredone

Smash Legend
12 setups should be fine the main issue is that many do not realize that low tiers are becoming more popular and are, sadly, making the tournaments run longer. When the venue closes at a certain time you have to properly plan around that time frame or make the owner aware of the time needed for the tournament.

Setups should be brought and encouraged also. There is absolutely no excuse for people not to bring Wii's at the very least. People are becoming lazy with setups and that should not happen.
Another issue is that because of several events going on at once, you have a people waiting on them to finish their other events.

I know for me, in Low Tier Singles, I had to wait over an hour for my match with Dojo, because he was doing melee and doubles.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
One tournament should occur at a time until finals in which only one tv is needed to do it. From there you can do a few things

- seed the brackets
- Check all money and payouts
- assign tvs and figure everything out.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I had a great time. Four events were alittle too much. Drains all your energy and takes too long, but we did good. Inui, if you keep coming to our events complaining about seeding, just do something about it. There's no reason not to help out.

I think everyone is just crazy tired and in need of some rest after a long day. Keep your complaints to a minimum. Everyone at the tourney was awesome.

I hope everyone is able to make it to the Dallas tourney on the 17th. Look in the travel plans for more details for housing and what not.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

DallasPhat

Smash Master
Planking Gnes While He Watches Invincible Youth
I had a great time. Four events were alittle too much. Drains all your energy and takes too long, but we did good. Inui, if you keep coming to our events complaining about seeding, just do something about it. There's no reason not to help out.

I think everyone is just crazy tired and in need of some rest after a long day. Keep your complaints to a minimum. Everyone at the tourney was awesome.

I hope everyone is able to make it to the Dallas tourney on the 17th. Look in the travel plans for more details later this week, for housing and what not.

<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3
Completely agree, think there is a problem with seeding then just help seed next time (just make sure TX gets a representative as well). ALSO 4 events is too much and having 3 events run at the same time was stupid (Teams, Low tiers and Melee.. cluster **** for real). ANYWAYS shout outs later and hopes everyone comes to Dallas for our tournament on the 17th.

heytallman

CTALL

^^^Do some more of this.

Also I agree with Gea, you smelled bad at HOBO 18 as well. Granted, I wasn't at HOBO 19, but I believe Gea. When I came up to you and asked if you took a shower, I was in disbelief after you said yes.

You, sir, smell WORSE than stale Fritos.

Also, I take whatever shots I can get. And I win, I thought I couldn't make you mad because I was "just a random." :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

-Ran

Smash Master
Math errors... brb. Fail post was fail. >> That's what I get for doing math during a Saints game. =v

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
few things:

1) inui smells and is obviously a bad sport, let's stop talkin about it
2) johning is gay
3) broly, we never did our mm

and a few shoutouts;

allan, thanks for having melee there dude. i'm winnin next time

jake, good ****

tidus, good ****

magik, good bowser

lee...another horrible sport. after i beat you (and even gave you props) apparently you were talkin **** about how i'm a scrub and stuff, the usual johns. how does it feel to be considered the best in a state at melee then lose to a person you've never heard of with a low tier? mmm drink it in, tasty.

cy, i don't even know who you are and i don't even think you play melee but apparently you were upset that i beat lee? if lee was THAT good, he wouldn't of lost. maybe lee shouldn't underestimate people he's never heard of, cuz going marth on dreamland (when fox was clearly his best character), then trying to falco ditto me on final d after losing to DONKEY KONG, was completely ********. not my fault he made bad decisions and i capitalized on it. also, you don't know anything about me and melee, and i was clearly one of the best melee players there so suck it son

I AM SICK OF JOHNS, THAT'S ALL YOU PEOPLE DO. IF ALL YOU DO IS LOSE AND GET ANGRY AND MAKE EXCUSES, WHY DO YOU EVEN PLAY THIS GAME?

edit: also, the tournament lasted so long because brawl's a terrible game ;)

Broly

Smash Lord
im sorry mouf, carrying me all day sux 4 my friends. next one 4 sho.

good SHI TIDUS my brother, for ****** in melee. hes too good.

only will do couple shoutouts

TRELA- your too good bro, i got 0-death twice. ya deserved that win. hope to play you next time.

dmg i hate you in dubs.

ozz im so sorry in singles. beah was next to me so i coached him. plz 4give me.

vorgy- GOOD SHI RAPIN SCRUBS

sybawave GET THE **** OUT SON

utd zac- heres a tip, dont get tipped. lol, love ya man

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
No shoutout for me, Broly? *is sad* :(

CY

Smash Ace
cy, i don't even know who you are and i don't even think you play melee but apparently you were upset that i beat lee? if lee was THAT good, he wouldn't of lost. maybe lee shouldn't underestimate people he's never heard of, cuz going marth on dreamland (when fox was clearly his best character), then trying to falco ditto me on final d after losing to DONKEY KONG, was completely ********. not my fault he made bad decisions and i capitalized on it. also, you don't know anything about me and melee, and i was clearly one of the best melee players there so suck it son
the ****? i was looking at brawl results and i glanced over at the melee laptop and saw Lee lost so I was like **** lee lost. then gabe(i think it was, not sure) was like yea Lee isn't THAT good blah blah. i don't even play Melee or care about it so i wasn't upset that Lee lost or anything. I just asked gabe(again not sure if it was him) and he said Lee wasn't that good so whatever. never dissed you or anything so i don't know where you got that from, Mr. Jbunk.

Jbunk

Smash Rookie
the ****? i was looking at brawl results and i glanced over at the melee laptop and saw Lee lost so I was like **** lee lost. then gabe(i think it was, not sure) was like yea Lee isn't THAT good blah blah. i don't even play Melee or care about it so i wasn't upset that Lee lost or anything. I just asked gabe(again not sure if it was him) and he said Lee wasn't that good so whatever. never dissed you or anything so i don't know where you got that from, Mr. Jbunk.
okay then

and its MOUF SON

Velox

Smash Ace
So did Jake win melee singles?

Broly, you play with your mouth? Dude, I've seen you play before, but I guess I never noticed, that's crazy talented, like they should do some over coming adversity TV show over you, cause that's just crazy skilled really, I've never seen anything like that.

also, I'm sure nobody said Lee isn't good, and if someone did it was a "you need to read between the lines" kind of comment, it's just everyone here knows it's actually quite reasonable that Mouf would have beaten Lee.

Sethlon's matches with Dojo were awesome btw..

ugh, there should have been more melee there though..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom