• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 19: meta legal(because dojo was nice about it)=10-3-09= BRING wii/tv/ssbb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Because $42 is much more horrid then $37.
I'm used to not having to pay the entry fee because of my setup but he didn't say anywhere about waiving the entry fee. There's a difference between $30 and $42.

And Hobo18 was my first, only could enter singles and doubles ($15) and I didn't have to pay entry.

I'm an over exaggatorator.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
For HOBO 18 I had to pay for both my teammate, for regular doubles, and low tier doubles. There's no way I can do that again if it's going to be $10 per person. With my slim pickings for teammates it helps to pay for their entry fee to get someone decent to team with me. But there's no way I can shell out $20 for one event. That's my problem. :(

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Then stop paying for your partner's. Hell I pay for zen all the time(singles and doubles) with both entries at 10each. And I have no job. Step it up yo.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I don't like to just go up to my parents and ask for $30. I feel like I'm stealing. :/

The money I use is money I have worked for.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
RULES!!!!!!!!!!

Random/neutral: Smashville, Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counter-pick: Brinstar, Delfino, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Pokémon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Castle Siege, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Luigis Mansion

Banned: Every thing else. If both players agree to play on a banned stage....its ok

3 Stock
7 minute timer
Can you add Pictochat to the list of counterpicks? I notice A LOT of people playing on that stage at Hobo 18 even though it was clearly not listed as a legal counterpick on the Hobo 18 thread. I think enough of us like it, or feel comfortable going there.

Also, should the Time Limit be 8 min or 7 min? Again, I noticed a lot of Wiis there had the timer set to 8min.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
San Antonio crew should be coming to this, and hopefully more people this time too. We're encouraging everyone to start saving now so they won't have money johns the day before we leave.

Also, if anyone prefers hotel rooms, JUJ can get a huge discount on many different hotels. We stayed at the Aloft, which is 2 blocks away from the Galleria, for only 57 a night. that's less then 15 a person for a group of 4, and with 2 beds and a sofa no one needs to take the floor.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Can you add Pictochat to the list of counterpicks? I notice A LOT of people playing on that stage at Hobo 18 even though it was clearly not listed as a legal counterpick on the Hobo 18 thread. I think enough of us like it, or feel comfortable going there.

Also, should the Time Limit be 8 min or 7 min? Again, I noticed a lot of Wiis there had the timer set to 8min.
Hmm, it's listed in the Houston thread as a counter-pick...I wonder if it was a one-time change?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I pay for myself too for these events since my mom is always against me going to these tournys for some reason. The $5 increase for teams makes it a bit too much for someone like me who only gets a little bit of money :(

heytallman

CTALL
Posting to subscribe....Allan, change the list of people I can house to max 4, and Friday-only.

I'll throw this out there now, I'd like a good/decent partner for this one, and someone I can get rather in advance. Gea, CY, anyone else who needs a partner, I'll try not to let you down hahahaha.

Shlike, MM rematch?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Swap pictochat for Luigi's, b/c Luigi's is bullshat.

Barring any unforeseen circumstances I'll be at this... and hopefully nothing comes between Dojo and Myself again.

For those *****ing about teams prices... just don't enter one of the side events, that's what I'm doing. I'd rather pay 5 more bucks for serious teams than 5 dollars to lose as Ganondorf, lol (that said, I'll probably still enter low tier singles, just not low tier doubs).

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Just...don't enter every event. Just because an event is there doesn't mean a person have to enter everything.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Is there any way i can get a SWEET hook-up on air travel from newport news VA to this?

and a ride to the venue from the airport and a place to crash? :)

Depending on the costs of the airfare I'd def love to try and get off work for this
Housing and travel to/from airport is 100% promised. As for cheap tickets.

orbitz.com
priceline.com
southwest.com

me and roy got low tiers this time!
INCORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I personally think you will get dead last, SCUM BAG!!!!!!!

UTD, i ALWAYS encourage people to pick ANY stage they want as long as the players agree to it. If Hyrule temple was wanted to be played and both agree, then its fine. As for timers, it SHOULD be 7 and not 8. But i wont fight if its 8.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
tbh, i habe no clue how that team worked so well. you guys did good.
Because my Zelda is freakin amazing?

People just don't want to admit they lose to Zeldas do they ><

Though I have to give credit to Beah for life taking SO HARD. I think I stole an average of one to two stocks every game we played LOL.

Suspect

Smash Hero
All black people are amazing with Mario. :laugh:
QFT

@Chaos Marth- If 5$ isnt that much then give all us that extra 5$ then...didnt think so son

And yea last hobo i was at we went pictochat, thought it was legal >_> Always has been.

NEED A TEAM MATE :)

@Zac- I dont lose to Zeldas :mad:

Smoom77

Smash Master
Imma just skip out on low tier teams and singles...so I'm looking for a partner! ICS!!!!!

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lol, Falco and Mario. Black people swarm to those characters.

Zac, you know you want too. :)

Key to success in teams: RUN HARD!

Xyro77

Because my Zelda is freakin amazing?

People just don't want to admit they lose to Zeldas do they ><

Though I have to give credit to Beah for life taking SO HARD. I think I stole an average of one to two stocks every game we played LOL.
LOL yea i saw that stupid *** mario double jumping to airdodge while running with 3 stocks and 152% during the royr+furbs match.

Your zelda is good zac. WHy did u pick her?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Housing and travel to/from airport is 100% promised. As for cheap tickets.

orbitz.com
priceline.com
southwest.com

INCORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I personally think you will get dead last, SCUM BAG!!!!!!!

UTD, i ALWAYS encourage people to pick ANY stage they want as long as the players agree to it. If Hyrule temple was wanted to be played and both agree, then its fine. As for timers, it SHOULD be 7 and not 8. But i wont fight if its 8.

Why should it be 7 and not 8? 7 just gives more incentive for camping.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
some people cant stand that extra minute playing with DMG
I've never had a match go to time with DMG, and I've played him 10 times in tournament.

Xyro77

i leave it at 7 cause its just what ive always done. If you want 8, its fine.

Suspect

Smash Hero
It was just a joke Hylian but we all know he has done it to others, but how would a extra minute encourage camping?

People are gonna camp regardless, this is brawl.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Prepare for my Wario! But only in friendlies...and I won't play it gay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom