• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 30: WAHAHAHHAHA Edition! FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!!

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
Illmatic== Too good. Just too good.

Fliphop== Let me know, and your taquitos will be there ^.-

Panty== Good job. I should have gone Sheik against you. I know that MU far better with Sheik than with DK.

Smoom== We need to hang more :D.

Tesh== We never got our seriouslies xD.

Tree== I wish I had more than Wi-Fi to practice with.

Esca== Awesome job in doubles.

P4==I got you next time. No Frigate for you, buddy.

Batou== One of these days we'll get the MM. But I'm patient, and it's 95% my fault xD.

Xyro== Good games. I feel sort of bad, you know. I know Sheik is an incredibly difficult MU for Samus, the spacing and the zoning conflict entirely. We could play a bunch of friendlies later on and I can help you out with the MU. In all honesty, though, I would just tell you to learn the MU as ROB.

Leaf== Over 100 grabs? We'll see about the rest of the year.

RT== Why were you always watching o.o

Sync== The mutation is commencing.

Kalo== We always have to play in the Melee tournament xD. Too fun all around.

HoustonBo== F-Tilt all day.

Tallman== Melee Ganon -- what?

Kilik== Great chatting with you. Just keep working on it and your Sheik will grow. Play with other people all the time so you can get good practice in.

Wingless== So much fun to be around. I sort of feel bad for going those low tier characters like that.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Big props to GNES for doing well and taking everyone out for dinner. Also Trela's getting really consistent.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I forgot to do my money matches, but I faced 2 of them in bracket and lost anyway soooooooooooooooooooooo...

1: Gnes==I should have stayed for supper.
3: Trela==Next time we play, I will take a stock
5: Illmatic==Amazing work in teams, you guys are really awesome to watch in teams
7: Denti==GRRRR 0/3 but I'm working on it.
9: Pj==I will beat you next time.
9: Panty==GGs
9: Smoom==I saw you whuppin bio :)
13: Tree==Next time, next time.
13: Esca==Your team is fun to watch, your arrows have deadly accuracy
13: Alsm==You're link is so fast and fun to play. GGs
17: P4==GGs, too bad about the SD.
17: Batou==Great work on teams. I was surprised I didn't see your Falcon at all.
17: Xyro==Awesome event, you should just pick up a high tier and wreck people in singles. Why hold yourself back if you have the talent.
17: Bio==We're gonna work on your edge game!
17: Sync==SOOOOOOOOOOOOO close in teams.
25: Tosm==GGs, I think you should go all Ike next time though.
25: Tallman==We didn't money match.
25: Rsn==You had Bio scared.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Very disappointed in my performance this tournament. I suppose I was asking for this, though. I need to get more educated on characters and stages to compete more consistently (it's a good thing the tourney schedule will give me some downtime for that).

Shoutouts:

Sync: I said bye to you and that's it lol.
Batou: We never had our friendlies! That CF is amazing. We'll be back for you next time in doubles.
Smooom: omgwtf in singles. Great doubles matches. Next time...next time...
Tesh: You did great in singles. I'll be sure not to bring us down next time in teams. We had those matches, man. >:O
RSM: Great toon link. I can tell your main is going to get really good. Don't listen to Tesh's shoutout lol.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Sorry for not doing anything Espy. I tried. I keep trying. Nothing I can but keep practicing I suppose. It takes a lot of perserverance.
I think you just need to learn certain matchups a bit more.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
falco fox marth MK

just depends on who i'm playing.
no more trying to prove something by going all one character.

and thanks Gnes. For teaming and the dinner :)

Denti

Smash Master
ggs everyone I played.

Hobo is easily the hardest city I know XD

Special shout outs

Xyro: I don't see why you went marth :( your samus was keeping it up to par with my olimar you just got killed gay once :( don= give up singles

Pj: thank you so much for housing us! I really appreciate it! It was fun

Smoom: easily houston's most underated player.

Gnes: thanks for the dinner and the friendlies! For real! Thanks

Trela: game 1 I hadz you! Next time trela, next time.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
@tree
Nah man don't feel bad. You won fair and square. I don't need sheik exp I just need a better char and I need to find some motivation like I had at the beginning of brawl.

@ at Jerm

I ain't mad at you guys or Trela. I'm just not happy with what happened on that last match.

@denti

Olimar vs ic=samus vs olimar. It is literally impossible. I went Marty cause anything is better than samus.

I just hate how this game has turned out.

Trela

Smash Lord
Despite letting down my two buddies in teams, this was one of my favorite tournaments that I've ever been to. I learned so much yesterday about what I've been doing wrong with my characters and also about my overall mentality. Here's some Shoutoutz to my boys that helped me learn these things:

Xyro - I didn't say it yesterday, but I apologize for screwing up so badly in Mid Tier. After I lost to Gnes, I felt that what I had came to this tournament for had failed and just stopped caring for myself. I should've realized that it would also mess you up, too. I promise that this'll never happen again; I really do want to stay static with you!

Jerm - I also want to say sorry to you, as well. I blame myself for messing us up in Loser's Finals. Our loss was an unacceptable one, and we definately can't let something like that happen at Pound. We just need to practice more together whenever we have the chance to do so. Oh, and even though our little "plan" was put to an end in Singles, we still did a good job!

Gnes - It was disappointing to lose to you again, but it helped me realize some things. Firstly, it told me that there really was no Revolution, and that it was just two kids wanting to transfer their salt to you and Razer. Secondly, I take losing way too hard. It doesn't make any sense when I beat myself up over losing to people that I train with every 3-5 days lol. I need to focus more on protecting this place and its pride than trying to overthrow the very kingdom in which I live in! By the way, thanks for paying for my usual meal, Mr. Champion, sir!

Razer - I didn't tell you after we had played, but that was my favorite Set that I've ever played with you and one of my favorites in this game altogether. Originally, I was going to just let Jerm have another shot at you, but even though I didn't really want to play anymore, I figured that I'd try this time. Not once did I think about winning or losing when we played. The only thing that crossed my mind during our Set was to have fun while still trying my best. I can't believe it took me THIS long to figure out what this game is truely about.

Thanks for another great HOBO, Xyro! I hope to see all of you guys again at WHOBO 3!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
The only thing that crossed my mind during our Set was to have fun while still trying my best. I can't believe it took me THIS long to figure out what this game is truely about.
I think I've finally figured this out also.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Dude all you figured out is that if Dphat isn't there you place better.
Wahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhaaaaahahahahahahahhahahahah!!!!!!!!!!

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Time for lazy shoutouts!

Gnes, thanks for the meal.
Xyro, thanks for hosting this tourney.

Everyone I played: GGs

Everyone I didn't play: Next time.

See you at WHOBO 3!

Smoom77

Smash Master
5: Illmatic== I thought you played srsly in friendlies?
5: Infinity==Nice meeting you! You're a real friendly guy :D
7: Fliphop==GGs, I obviously am worse than UoH tourney
7: Denti==GGs, i don't want to think about that set ever again ;-;. And that matchup isn't 100-0.
9: Panty==Fun teaming, you didn't seem too rusty!
13: Tree==I still don't know why you are using DK lol
13: Esca==GGs, your Pit woulda won that set. Why'd you go marth?
13: Alsm==GGs, lol. That matchup is horrible for link imo.
17: Xyro==??????????????????
17: RT==TL vs Ike=yippee!
17: Bio==GGs, i was super nervous that second game, lol.
25: Tallman==Our MM is lol.

-dies-

Denti

Smash Master
yeah that mu isn't really bad for olimar, some olimars can't do it though. i do believe it ranges anywhere from 40-60 or 45-55 for olimar. only because of nana LOLOL. *charge down smash* *spike* XD no di or air dodge

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
13: Tree==I still don't know why you are using DK lol
I just felt this attraction to him. He is a fair opposite to Sheik, and I feel that is right for my play style. Playing Melee and watching some of my Brawl videos, I recognize that I accomplish the most through good reads that can be extended to more than a 60% combo in which Sheik still can't do anything with at that %. DK compliments this idea. He also has far better MUs with ICs and Olimar, and even MU with Marth and Peach, and a nice mix-up for MK or anything else, really.

I've just practiced long enough with Sheik that I'm pretty good with her, but I feel that I can accomplish the most with DK.

Top Bottom