• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 35(mk banned): Project WHOBO 4 (phase 1)! FULL RESULTS ARE UP!!!!!!

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
OMG great stuff, Trela!

I'm also really glad to see JNig in the top 5. Good stuff!

:phone:

Sync.

Smash Champion
gnes approved of 2vs2 seeding
sync approved on 1vs1 seeding
sync made mt 2vs2 seeding and i agree with it.

shut up, get out, u dum
Gnes and sync did you approve of xyros terrible seeding?

Allan had by far the easiest bracket out of anyone. Xyro why were you fighting nike 2nd round while i had to fight gnes?

Why did pj/pwii not get byes when they were the only team other than gnes/razer to ever break top 2., but bio/paw both get byes having never teamed before.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord

Allan had by far the easiest bracket out of anyone. Xyro why were you fighting nike 2nd round while i had to fight gnes?

Why did pj/pwii not get byes when they were the only team other than gnes/razer to ever break top 2., but bio/paw both get byes having never teamed before.
did xyro make money? did you make money? was the seeding relevant to anything besides maybe PR data?

the answer is NO to all these.

who cares who got 9th and who got 13th or whatever.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
i fought sethlon 1st/2nd round in hobo 3 4 5 6 8 and 9.you can call it bad seeding(which it is tbh FU allan) and it hinders things but guess what, i lost to him every single time. i blame myself for not beating him when i was given chance after chance. if you want to make a statement, overcome your opponent. if you cant, then forget it.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Okay, let's make a statement by putting Razer vs Trela against each other every time in second round Winner's.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Okay, let's make a statement by putting Razer vs Trela against each other every time in second round Winner's.
and in the end the same result happened that wouldve happened if they fought at any point later in the tournament

gnes beat everyone

trela beat razer TWICE ?

so the result wouldve been

gnes trela razer regardless.

it makes no difference. all it did was give players like you (good players who cant rise to the occasion) a better chance to stir up the stagnant as **** results.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
If Xyro followed the PR without making any random/biased chages, nobody should be compllaining.

So...

Xyro, did you follow the PR exactly or not?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
the PR is skewed anyway because its so precisely based on results, and obv seeding has and still affects everyrthing outside the top 5

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
gnes saw the 2vs2 bracket and said it looked fine. sync flat out told me he seeded the MT 2vs2 so i went with it. i didnt complain that he got 2nd seed in mid tier and me and trela got 3rd or 4th or w/e. i dealt with it.

I had an easy bracket? lets see here.
1. i dont play.
2. i can honestly say im not "good" anymore.
3. Nike is better than me.

Knowing these 3 things, i expected to lose. And guess what, i did. 2-0 iirc. I then beat FK(big time fluke) and lost to pj as expected. Won 2(paw/fk) lost 2(nike/pj). got 13th. its simple.

guess me and gene over looked it.

did xyro make money? did you make money? was the seeding relevant to anything besides maybe PR data?

the answer is NO to all these.

who cares who got 9th and who got 13th or whatever.
i made 12$ in mid tier. SUCK IT, NERD!

If Xyro followed the PR without making any random/biased chages, nobody should be compllaining.

So...

Xyro, did you follow the PR exactly or not?

tbh no. didnt even look at the pr. all i remember is putting me as first seed, you as 2nd seed and trela and dead last. it gets blurry after that.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
all i remember is putting me as first seed, you and 2nd and trela and last. it gets blurry after that.
You are the worst TO ever, you don't deserve anything, I hate you, everything you've ever said is a lie, movies aren't better than books, you're not the Lesibian Master 2025...

GO AWAY.

PantyRaider08

Smash Journeyman
1: Gnes: Good job getting first. Wish I could have played you. Also be sure to make it to Austin! :)
2: Trela: Why you look sad all the time? :(
3: UltimateRazer: Dude! I waited like 40 mins to play you before I left. v.v
4: Denti: I'm glad I got to play you at least once in tourney.
5: Illmatic: ggs, I will keep working on my marth and win against you next time. :)
5: Jnig: Wish I could have played you.
7: Sync: I hope we get to play a lot more in Austin! My marth will tip your big nose!
7: ALSM: ggs, my falco was too rusty for your diddy... lol
9: Pj: You ***** me in doubles.. I can't get in.
9: Bio: Thanks for the friendlies. gj on the placing
9: Jerm: Come to Austin!
9: Nike: Wish we could have played more but thanks for the MM. I got destroyed, but I hope to give you a better fight in Austin.
13: Xyro: It was fun teaming with you and don't worry about it buddy. We will get them next time. :) Thanks for hosting an awesome tourney.
13: Pwii: Dat G&W ditto lol ggs and thanks for the friendlies.
17: FK: Fun friendlies man. Hope you can make it to the Austin tourney.
17: Tesh: Thanks for the friendlies and tips. Keep up that Sonic/Wario.
17: Mystic: Maharbra, wish I could have played you! Good shiz vs. Illmatic.
17: Leaf: You're close to Kprime. Keep it up man.
25: DjPhatz: Hope you can come out to more tournies. Nice diddy.
25: Paw: GET PR *****. Good seeing you man.

P4: Don't retire.
Zori: Good stuff in dubs. Wish you entered singles and mixed up results.

Blitz Comet

Smash Rookie
gnes saw the 2vs2 bracket and said it looked fine. sync flat out told me he seeded the MT 2vs2 so i went with it. i didnt complain that he got 2nd seed in mid tier and me and trela got 3rd or 4th or w/e. i dealt with it.

I had an easy bracket? lets see here.
1. i dont play.
2. i can honestly say im not "good" anymore.
3. Nike is better than me.

Knowing these 3 things, i expected to lose. And guess what, i did. 2-0 iirc. I then beat FK(big time fluke) and lost to pj as expected. Won 2(paw/fk) lost 2(nike/pj). got 13th. its simple.

guess me and gene over looked it.
1v1 problems
Yes you had an easier bracket. Why would someone ranked above you have to fight harder people(sync vs jnig happening first round) (pj vs gnes 2nd round while you fight nike 2nd round) unless the seeding was wrong if you can't see that and some random passer by can than you're a ****ty TO. IIRC i overheard you saying "I thought i could beat nike with rob/samus". I even started to think that you put "pwii vs fk" first round because zss counters g&w.

I'm not calling you bad nike im saying you fighting xyro was xyro thinking you were the best chance he had at getting further in winners instead of going into losers early.

2v2 Problems.

Why would you seed people who have never teamed before and aren't even from the same city over two people who have teamed before, our from the same city and with through the hell that is gnes/razer gnes/trela camping in gfs? I asked gnes about this and he told me "I did tell allan he told me that pwii doesn't have mk therefore he can be seeded badly" He still had pj on his team so you're screwing over two players because they can't use a char anymore what kind of bs is that?

Xyro77

1v1 problems
Yes you had an easier bracket.
according to who? you? do u know how little i play/how bad i am now? people who i "KNOW" i can beat i aint anywhere close to now. people who i "THINK" i can beat are prob gonna beat me BADLY. you dont use rob/samus or know me so u have no clue. you base my bracket placement off of YOUR experience/your skill. NONE of which having anything to do with how "easy" MY bracket is.

(pj vs gnes 2nd round while you fight nike 2nd round) unless the seeding was wrong if you can't see that and some random passer by can than you're a ****ty TO. Why would someone ranked above you have to fight harder people(sync vs jnig happening first round)
31 people entered a 32man bracket. Razer got first seed the bye. So literally everyone(cept for trela/razer/gnes) had a even or easy match for the 1st round(for me id consider it an even match between me and paw). i can almost certainly say everyone's 2nd round was harder(me vs nike wasnt even close, i got ***** lol). anything after 2nd round is supposed to be pretty hard especially with a 32 man bracket. Obviously with no extra byes some people are gonna get pooped on early(anybody who played razer/gnes/trela in r1)

Anyways, because it was a 32 man bracket and because i didnt want the same old people getting ***** first round(how many times have we seen leaf vs razer round 1? a **** ton) i seeded differently. I didnt know sync literally play jnig ALL NIGHT the night before so yea thats my fault that they played first.

IIRC i overheard you saying "I thought i could beat nike with rob/samus".
couldnt have cause iirc my samus has never beat him and my rob did once(the last time we met) only cause i actually PLAYED back then.

I even started to think that you put "pwii vs fk" first round because zss counters g&w.
2 things. 1 gw does not get COUNTERED by zs. 2. pwii mains mk and its a known fact his 2ndaries suck. FK also isnt mega active so the character/player MU is more or less even.

PS: pwii beat fk. suck it, nerd

I'm not calling you bad nike im saying you fighting xyro was xyro thinking you were the best chance he had at getting further in winners instead of going into losers early.
incorrect. i expected to lose 2nd round and i did. it went according to plan. and lets say i DID pull off a fluke and beat nike, i would have to play ALSM in losers and i have NEVER beat alsms diddy so lol boom another loss.

Why would you seed people who have never teamed before and aren't even from the same city over two people who have teamed before, our from the same city and with through the hell that is gnes/razer gnes/trela camping in gfs? I asked gnes about this and he told me "I did tell allan he told me that pwii doesn't have mk therefore he can be seeded badly" He still had pj on his team so you're screwing over two players because they can't use a char anymore what kind of bs is that?
Both me and gnes thought it was fine so we went with it. i openly ask ANYBODY who seeds with me "if u think its wrong, say something" and clearly gnes's issues with it wasnt big enough to warrant a change(cause 99% of the time, if people ask me to change something, i do.)

TLDR

if u dont like what i do, deal with it or dont go. deal with it or host your own event.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Razer
Gnes
Trela
Denti
Illmatic
Jerm

Only 6 people above B tier.

Pwii
PJ
Nike
FK
ALSM
Sync
Xyro

7 people in B tier, everyone else in bracket below.
Jnig thrown somewhere into the mix.
That makes 14 ppl B-tier or above, with second round winners having 16 ppl total.

Only 2 players below b-tier should be projected to be in round 2 winners.
Logic would assume that those 2 players would end up playing the top2 seeds (Gnes/Razer), bar they upset someone in the first round.

I can understand PJ's frustration.

The only other issue I saw was Pwii vs FK first round winners. 2 b-tier players playing before the second round.
I felt bad that the winner of that ended up playing Denti anyway.

Xyro77

I did deal with it and beat u

and ur team

All is based.
congrats. u beat someone who doesn't play. u did good, be sure and call yo mom. she might care.

nike, i already said i didnt use the pr. pwii used gw and thus hes not REALLY B tier. alsm is not mk thus hes not REALLY B tier. im def not B tier either. pr is a guideline tbh

Blitz Comet

Smash Rookie
So the pr is wrong and you don't use it to seed events yet if asked for a panel people would fly into a blind range over something that our main TO doesn't care for.....how do you seed?

and if that's the case dojo should be removed from s tier since mks banned right?

Xyro77

So the pr is wrong and you don't use it to seed events yet if asked for a panel people would fly into a blind range over something that our main TO doesn't care for.....how do you seed?
.................what?

and if that's the case dojo should be removed from s tier since mks banned right?
....................what? why would dojo be completely removed from the PR due to mk being banned?

if he entered a mk banned event tomorrow i guarantee he would not be seeded as S tier.

Blitz Comet

Smash Rookie
.................what?

....................what? why would dojo be completely removed from the PR due to mk being banned?

if he entered a mk banned event tomorrow i guarantee he would not be seeded as S tier.

nike, i already said i didnt use the pr. pwii used gw and thus hes not REALLY B tier. alsm is not mk thus hes not REALLY B tier. im def not B tier either. pr is a guideline tbh

I clearly said from s tier not "completely".

and what are you saying what for?

You don't use the pr

You said the mk users aren't really in their respectful tiers anymore due to mk being banned (which as a TO you should have posted about). Instead the players have to find out themselves that they have been seeded poorly due to a char change.

Nothing wrong with having a panel pr now since the current system is wrong and unused just like you stated above.

Xyro77

You don't use the pr

You said the mk users aren't really in their respectful tiers anymore due to mk being banned (which as a TO you should have posted about). Instead the players have to find out themselves that they have been seeded poorly due to a char change.

Nothing wrong with having a panel pr now since the current system is wrong and unused just like you stated above.
dude wtf. plz put this^ **** in some sort of readable order and ill respond. i seriously cant understand wtf u r saying.

Xyro77

ok so you literally copy/paste my words without quoting it. nice.

im assuming you are talking about dojo. and yea, he wouldnt be considered S tier at my events cause he wouldnt be using his main in a MK banned event.

im saying "...................what?" because....

1. you do not form understandable sentences most of the time.
2. you use Ebonics or some sort terrible primate language when typing.
3. you lack the basic understanding of every topic you comment on.

You don't use the pr
Incorrect. I usually use the PR(S-A tier mostly). But even then i use it as a guideline because if u seed "by the books" you will get truly ****ty results. Plus, the PR is always changing AND it just recently became inaccurate(for mk mains) due to the mk ban. It will fix it self as time goes on(due to the ex mk mains continuing to play) but we need more data(tio files) in order for that to happen.

Sorry but if m2k/dojo/MkMaster300 goes to a MK BANNED event and expects to have the same seed as if they were in a MK LEGAL event, they need to get smart. Its common sense that if your MAIN is gone u cant be expected to have the same seed as u once did. I guarantee you if Gnes entered a HOBO as fox he would not consider himself S tier nor would anybody else. I shouldn't have to hold peoples hand through this.

Panels lead to bias(always). math does not. the pr will fix itself once more mk banned events get added to it. Dont get me wrong, the math based PR is not 100% accurate and never will be(no PR will ever be 100% accurate).

DEAL WITH IT.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
you people are ********. the PR is a guideline because only the top 4-5ish results are even consistent, you can either beat the best or you cant, if you cant then what the **** does it matter if you get 32nd or 7th or whatever. the whole PR **** is ******** because people dont make **** happen in this game except the top players

Xyro77

you people are ********. the PR is a guideline because only the top 4-5ish results are even consistent, you can either beat the best or you cant, if you cant then what the **** does it matter if you get 32nd or 7th or whatever. the whole PR **** is ******** because people dont make **** happen in this game except the top players
lol i wouldnt use those exact words but yes this^

Blitz Comet

Smash Rookie
dude wtf. plz put this^ **** in some sort of readable order and ill respond. i seriously cant understand wtf u r saying.

.................what?

Now use that tiny excuse for a brain and try to understand this.

I clearly said from s tier not "completely". ( This was pertaining to the dojo matter since you asked "why would dojo be completely be removed").

and what are you saying what for?( This was aimed at you asking "What?")

You don't use the pr.( You just posted you didn't use the pr to seed this event)

You said the mk users aren't really in their respectful tiers anymore due to mk being banned (which as a TO you should have posted about). Instead the players have to find out themselves that they have been seeded poorly due to a char change.( You said mk is banned and that that was the reason you seeded pj/pwii poorly in singles and doubles. I'm saying that's something you should warn players of ahead of time, because I for one didn't know that banning char means all the points you gathered up with them instantly disappear and even though pwiis partner still uses the same char and is still seeded above other players in doubles they still get seeded badly while somehow double zss gets a bye no disrespect just an illustration.

Nothing wrong with having a panel pr now since the current system is wrong and unused just like you stated above.( Since you openly stated that our pr is now wrong due people having their char banned and that you don't use it for tournaments then having a panel pr shouldn't be a problem right?)

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
who the **** cares if you are 10th seed in texas and fight someone ****ty like leaf first round, or you are ****ty like leaf and fight someone good first round, either way you arent getting anywhere unless you beat the top players so who cares about the pr.

Blitz Comet

Smash Rookie
ok so you literally copy/paste my words without quoting it. nice.

im assuming you are talking about dojo. and yea, he wouldnt be considered S tier at my events cause he wouldnt be using his main in a MK banned event.

Alright. I'm making sure everyone gets the same treatment. me-

im saying "...................what?" because....

1. you do not form understandable sentences most of the time.
2. you use Ebonics or some sort terrible primate language when typing.
3. you lack the basic understanding of every topic you comment on.

This was the sentence you made. I'm the one who should be saying "what?"-me

Incorrect. I usually use the PR(S-A tier mostly).
nike, i already said i didnt use the pr.pr is a guideline tbh

^ What?<me

Sorry but if m2k/dojo/MkMaster300 goes to a MK BANNED event and expects to have the same seed as if they were in a MK LEGAL event, they need to get smart. Its common sense that if your MAIN is gone u cant be expected to have the same seed as u once did. I guarantee you if Gnes entered a HOBO as fox he would not consider himself S tier nor would anybody else. I shouldn't have to hold peoples hand through this.

Gnes and razer went tl/diddy all but gfs and they got to keep their seeding, so why can't pj/pwii get the same treatment when they go other chars? <-me

Panels lead to bias(always). math does not. the pr will fix itself once me mk banned events get added to it. Dont get me wrong, the math based PR is not 100% accurate and never will be(no PR will ever be 100% accurate).

Ok.

DEAL WITH IT.
Responses in {me}

Xyro77

Gnes and razer went tl/diddy all but gfs and they got to keep their seeding, so why can't pj/pwii get the same treatment when they go other chars? <-me]
i didnt know they went diddy/tl 99% of the teams tournament. now that i know that, they will not be top seed. it wasnt that i refused, its just i didnt know. i was not paying attention to matches tbh.

Top Bottom