• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Holy crap, Jigglypuff is awesome in Brawl.

Awex

Smash Lord
I mained Jiggs in Melee.

Jiggs in brawl is bottom tier. =(

But I'll still play her cause she's awesome and cute. :3

TrueSonic

Smash Rookie
chozen u cant play jiggs in brawl so i dont think u can even talk about this subject. and dont get mad that some ppl can beat u with jiggs......

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
chozen u cant play jiggs in brawl so i dont think u can even talk about this subject. and dont get mad that some ppl can beat u with jiggs......
Thing is, a bunch of people who DO play Jigglypuff in Brawl say the same thing. So I don't think u can even talk about this subject.

Subject is a pretty cool guy. eh gets talked about and doesn't afraid of anything.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Jigglypuff will not be bottom tier in my mind. Not even close. Her air superiority is too good. Her Aerials have huge priority compared to the rest of the roster and have been buffed to killing potential, Rest still kills at stupid percents, she can gimp characters off the side easily while still making it back, Roll Out kills much easier now and will no longer screw the user once you roll off the stage... et cetera.

I play with some good players. They are not KoreanDJ or M2K, but they are no slouches when they play seriously. And I am able to maul them with Jigglypuff. I only chose to play her in Brawl because her sleepy hat rocks, but Jiggs is ridiculous.

Statistically, I cannot say if Jigglypuff is superior or inferior in Brawl from Melee overall, but she will definitely be at least high on Mid Tier, possibly low on High Tier. Only time will tell, however.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Her aerial priority isn't as good as many other characters, that's the problem.

Look at all the "high tier" characters so far and see how they compare to Jiggs in terms of aerial priority.

Marth: nuh-uh...
Toon Link: not even close.
Wolf: certainly not.
Lucas: maybe if you're slightly higher above him, your Fair will get past his...but still disjointed vs. not.
Mr. Game and Watch: no way.
Diddy Kong: about the same I'd say.
MetaKnight: not a snowball's chance in Alice Springs.

and I'll stop there, but pretty much, there are a lot of really good characters who have aerial disjointed hitboxes now, or just lots of priority in general. Jigglypuff is going to have a hard time getting through these swords and claws with her dainty little feets.

I must say though, why is everyone saying Pound has been nerfed? It still seems very useful to me.

Plasmaexe

Smash Apprentice
Wall of Pain is really easy to avoid in this game now with the new air dodging system. The only real buff Jiggly got was her forward air and her Roll-out killing at 50% and passing through shields. Recovery seems to be slightly better (think she get's some vertical distance from pound), but overall she seems too weak in survivability, seeing that she's about the same size as Kirby. Rest isn't that great anymore seeing that I was ganondorf with 50% and I still had enough time to use warlock Punch on Jigglypuff and kill her at 18% =/=. Kirby's "Fence" of Pain seems more superior now <__>.

Astinos

Smash Cadet
Once again this seems like a case of people using the character once then never touching them again.

Play jiggs for an hour straight, I find that she is the easiest character to string hits together in the air.

Bair and Uair don't have that much knockback, but that's a good thing as it gets quick damage, and even if your opponent airdodges, you can still chase them to wherever they finish their invincibility frames. Fair has great knockback now and it's pretty easy to follow opponents off the edge and poke them off the side off the level. On top of that nearly all of Jigglypuff moves are fast.

TC is cleary a hero for recognizing Jiggs potential.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMpUNi0v3kU

Watch it.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Even if it's tough to be consistent with, WoP is still very fun to do. And extremely satisfying if you get a kill out of it.

Plus, jigg's fair is too good.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Once again this seems like a case of people using the character once then never touching them again.

Play jiggs for an hour straight, I find that she is the easiest character to string hits together in the air.
Jiggs is like bottom of mid tier in this game.

I play with and on a pro level, my opinion means more than yours. (not be rude or anything)

paralasalud

Smash Ace
so i rocked jiggs in a pretty big tourney today.
i won my first 2 matches, but my 3rd i had to go against my cousin so i didn't want to use jiggs.

anyway, just reppin for the jiggs.
the reaction people had to me using jiggs is pretty great.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I didn't state an opinion in her tier list position, that's irrelevant. Stop flaunting your ego Mr.

^_^
You said the following:
So I was simply stating that that wasn't the case. There was no intention of me flaunting my ego, sorry if it seemed that way.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
I'm going to go out on a fairly sturdy limb
and say that Jigglypuff is not a good character.
Maybe you were playing against nubs.
or just have a god given talent with jigglypuff that almost no one else can find.
but whatever the case, its not the fact that she's an amazing character.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Everyone should move this conversation to the Jiggs Discussion Thread (its where the stickies are) :)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I'm going to go out on a fairly sturdy limb
and say that Jigglypuff is not a good character.
Maybe you were playing against nubs.
or just have a god given talent with jigglypuff that almost no one else can find.
but whatever the case, its not the fact that she's an amazing character.
Who are you talking to?

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Jiggs is like bottom of mid tier in this game.

I play with and on a pro level, my opinion means more than yours. (not be rude or anything)
1- How is the BR induction process going? ;p

2- What toon, in your opinion, counters Marth and Pit best? Mind, I'm looking for a single toon that handles both best, with a nice ability to put on the hurt on the incredibly ugly and uninspired Brawl characters that are R.O.B. and G&W, and being able to handle Wolf.

3- Are Link, Samus, or Yoshi worth practicing on for any kind of competitive play? How about Zelda+Sheik? I know that some people are depressed with Link and Samus, but Yoshi seems pretty improved this time around; Dogger shows some superb potential with it.

It's a pity that the cute Jiggs was nerfed into uselessness, as was Peach =/.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
1- How is the BR induction process going? ;p
Chill out man, its only been a couple of days. And what the hell do you think your doing, give me some support dammit. :p

2- What toon, in your opinion, counters Marth and Pit best? Mind, I'm looking for a single toon that handles both best, with a nice ability to put on the hurt on the incredibly ugly and uninspired Brawl characters that are R.O.B. and G&W, and being able to handle Wolf.
Just play Snake or Metaknight. They're ****ing broken, especially MK, except I hear Marth has a decent matchup against MK, or something like that. idk, I don't have too much of a problem against Marth or Pit with Jiggs. MK beats the **** outta ROB and beats GW, but I hear Wolf has a good matchup against MK. Ok I'm done, but if you want me to continue babbling about this **** just let me know. =)

3- Are Link, Samus, or Yoshi worth practicing on for any kind of competitive play? How about Zelda+Sheik? I know that some people are depressed with Link and Samus, but Yoshi seems pretty improved this time around; Dogger shows some superb potential with it.
Just like in melee, there will probably be a couple of crazy good people who actually win games against really good people using really ****ty characters, so you should probably learn a little bit about how to play against every character.

It's a pity that the cute Jiggs was nerfed into uselessness, as was Peach =/.
Jiggs didn't get nerfed nearly as hard as that bottom tier *****. And Jiggs isn't that bad. If she's played by a good player she CAN win games, you just need to out think your opponent.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Chill out man, its only been a couple of days. And what the hell do you think your doing, give me some support dammit. :p

Just play Snake or Metaknight. They're ****ing broken, especially MK, except I hear Marth has a decent matchup against MK, or something like that. idk, I don't have too much of a problem against Marth or Pit with Jiggs. MK beats the **** outta ROB and beats GW, but I hear Wolf has a good matchup against MK. Ok I'm done, but if you want me to continue babbling about this **** just let me know. =)

Just like in melee, there will probably be a couple of crazy good people who actually win games against really good people using really ****ty characters, so you should probably learn a little bit about how to play against every character.

Jiggs didn't get nerfed nearly as hard as that bottom tier *****. And Jiggs isn't that bad. If she's played by a good player she CAN win games, you just need to out think your opponent.
Thanks for the input! Now, I'll repay by going to fanboi my way to those in charge of putting you inside th BR ;p!

I wonder where I can set up my campaign to do that, though *hint*....

And feel free to babble on. I like to listen to others' input on toon matches, especially if they have some good experience behind them.

Popertop

Smash Champion
True, but sometimes it's nice to be able to rely on some technical things to give the mind a rest.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, there is nothing technical about brawl.

Also, why does like everyone here use that jiggs with a gun avatar. Its making it confusing because I see the avatar and expect it to be someone else.

Trapt497

Smash Ace
My friend mains jigz and says she got a bit of a nerf in some areas (ie ground speed) but got a boost in other areas (rollout off edge doesnt make you retarted anymore (you can still recover), airials are a bit better, more power). I personally think she got a little nerfed. But the most important thing is that I didnt think jigz was that good. Until I saw my friend play as her.

TrikELotus

Smash Apprentice
This very well could be best display of arrogance, stupidity, and stubborness on the boards thus far. You are a sophmore in high school, which means you are probably around 16 years old. This means that there is no way that you have a lot of experience playing smash bros to know enough about the mechanics and mindgames that is inherent in all 3. Both cwjalex and I have been playing competitively for years. My crew, the mages, has held 5 different tournaments, including the Cataclysms and Viva la Smashtaclysm, one of the largest tournaments ever held on the east coast (over 180 people, including m2k, kdj, pcchris, azen). Of course this is back when melee was in its prime, but the fact is we understand the game better than 90% of the people on this site, which DEFINITELY includes ANYONE who thinks they are the best jigglypuff in ALL THREE GAMES. Win an actual tournament at an actual venue that was posted on the boards and then smashers who actually understand this game will put some credibility in your words but until that point just shut up cause no one wants to hear your silly crap anymore. its because of people like you that the boards is degrading into a toxic waste dump of awful players who have to share their unfounded and unwanted opinions

If the tournament is online, while online lag continues to **** wiis, it is a scrubby tournament, end of story.

btw, alex was ranked 10th in New England in melee, just throwing that out there

It was, indeed, a string of arrogant posts, but so was this. So what if he's 16? I've seen 8th graders straight **** in Melee. The potential of Smash players is not, and should not be, limited by age. Sure, it's far more likely to find a player of 18 or 19 years of age have more skill than one whom is still in the middle of high-school or lower, but that is only a statistic. Anybody can beat anybody with the right experience and skill potential.

So please, do not limit others by age. It's ignorant.

Apologies if this has been said, I stopped reading further shortly after this post.

1HKO

Smash Apprentice
Nooooooooooooo

I just learned how nasty ivysaur truly is while playing the other day lol.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
I personally hate that green IVsaur thing and think it should be limited to bottom tier!!!:mad: how did a remark like this get made in the Jiggz is awesome thread cause just in case you are wondering IVsaur TICKS ME OFF!!!!

now that I am done with my IVsaur rant, I will disclose to the general public that even though Jiggz got nerfed this song (made by mwa) still holds true (as gunsnroses would say)"bring it to your sha-nnnnnnnnn-knees, welcome to the Jigglypuff, she's gonna bring you down HUH!":)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I've been playing Jiggs lately and I've come to the conclusoin that, despite her not being able to do what she can in Melee, because of the way Brawl works it's still quite good what she can do. With Brawl's lack of gimp kills, being able to rest kil someone, even if you have to wait to 75%, is a huge advantage. You can still edgeguard if you follow and wait for airdodges. I think Jiggs is really good in the right matchup....soooooo fun too.

Top Bottom