• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

/HOPE 4! 12/18/11 Results! Videos to come in the coming days!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
forgot about Boss too! Ggs dude, youre one of the smartest players ive played! thanks for teaching me the weegee matchup haha....marios ftilt is gatlike, congrats on doubles

i bet i forgot so many people now that i think about it

•Col•

Smash Champion
My Sd card is being ********. Going to cause serious issues getting the brawl vids up in one piece. I blame metaknight. I'll keep everyone posted, but its not looking good for the brawl vids on my wii atm :/

(extremely agitated atm <_<)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooo

Don't tell me all the replays you had on there were lost... D: I really wanted to get that one from the other night... ;-;

Col - Nah, you were doing great in your offense, we just needed to stick close together like we did in those friendlies at umbra's place. That's where all our crazy teamwork ended up happening. WHY DIDN'T YOU ENTER SINGLES?! D: After all that persuasion from melon too.
Yeah, I guess. Felt like I was dying waaaaaay too early half the time, though.

And I didn't enter singles because I wanted to play a decent amount of Melee.... Which I didn't even end up getting to do because pretty much every setup was being used for the tourney until really late. D:

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
M2k singles vids are being made private until after Apex

:phone:
kirbykaze posting:

can i have access to our sheik dittos and my fox stuff? i kind of want to watch and see what i did wrong. if he's got access, i should get it too because they're also my matches and not being able to self-critique is mad gay on many levels. half the reason i went to this tournament was to get stuff to study from.

:/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
My Sd card is being ********. Going to cause serious issues getting the brawl vids up in one piece. I blame metaknight. I'll keep everyone posted, but its not looking good for the brawl vids on my wii atm :/

(extremely agitated atm <_<)
Send me any rp file through aim and I can get them up on my channel if you're having trouble. I won't have anything up till Thursday as I am finishing up my school stuff today and Wednesday.

:018:

Boofed

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts to all the people I can *remember* playing or saw playing.

1: Mew2king ($170.50) - Oh my god I got to see M2K at my first tourney ever! Great experience to see a world-ranked player. You are so fast! :urg:
2: kirbykaze ($69.75) - I think I played you in friendlies or doubles, I can't remember that well.
3: unknown522 ($38.75)
4: Vudujin ($15.50) - Dat weegee...
5: abate ($7.75)
5: Krazyknux ($7.75) - I may have palyed you in friendlies or doubles, can't remember.
7: Weon-X
7: Krazykrox
9: the lake - As soon as I met you I knew you'd be a player I wouldn't soon forget. I think you should do commenting on some of these matches :p
9: Idea
9: Riddlebox
9: carroll
13: DoH - All I know is that you were M2K's partner in crime. I haven't met you yet ^-^
13: lyme - Good match in the loser's bracket, man! You've got a good marth :glare: It's too bad we didn't make it to the recording booth haha.
13: no cash
13: Ramaru
17: Lon
17: Republican0Heaven - I saw your shout out to me but I'm not entirely sure which player you were. Were you palying friendlies with my and VI after the brackets before the lights went out? If so, we gotta play more often, you'd be perfect to train with!
17: EJ
17: nakamaru
17: tumor
17: sin
17: silentSWAG
25: neko
25: cavedweller
25: VI - Good tourney, VI! I'll try to tell you about any local tournaments. It's a shame you didn't get any bracket wins and I would have been in the same situation as well if it weren't for a lucky stage pick against puff :p (speaking of which)
25: avro - Close match, man! If it weren't for FoD you woulda had me. Keep working on your puff and don't get discouraged!
25: dr.steinbock
25: slamus
25: jbro

jarvits - Had fun at the tourney. Heard you did pretty well, good job! You better keep coming to the challenge room to play. You're the only one that visits who actually knows how to play melee (even if you can't do it proficiently). You're also fun to team with xD

Sorry if I forgot anyone! :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Dang....I did pretty terribad at this tournament. I should probably start practicing.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Singles: 31 Entrants

1: Mew2king ($170.50) - Fun matches. Thanks for helping me in the Falcon MU. Our dittos are always so funny. I need more Fox ditto training and Fox vs. Marth training. But later. Falco's the more pressing issue at the moment. I hope you had fun; I always have a blast playing you.

2: kirbykaze ($69.75) - You're a bidoof.

3: unknown522 ($38.75) - Also a bidoof.

4: Vudujin ($15.50) - Good stuff. I was betting on you or Weon to get 4th and while I'm sad Weon didn't top 4, I'm kind of glad you did. Your Luigi is absolutely crazy. Keep at it. I'm glad you got to wail on someone with a beam sword. Now let's get that Man Ray :awesome:

5: abate ($7.75) - Nice matches. I hear you rocked Idea. In hindsight I kind of wish we recorded, just so I could point out some of the little things you did that were really good and that aren't widespread in the Sheik MU.

5: Krazyknux ($7.75) - Fun matches. Your Fox has improved since last time. I was toying with the idea of doing dittos, but then I was like "I think I'd rather do tipped up smash combos!" And then I messed them up anyway. Like a boss. :awesome: Let's play more friendlies next time.

7: Weon-X - I'm sad to see you here. You're better than this. Awkward characters & silliness ftl. Hope this drives you to improve (saw your thread so I figure it probably has).

7: Krazykrox - I wish we could have played more than the single Fox ditto friendly we played on the rotation. I remember you guys from Carrolfest and it looked like you guys were just spamming tech skill but this time you guys looked pretty sensible and a lot more refined. Good stuff. Keep at it.

9: the lake - So much love to TheLake. That Zelda. Some of the things you did absolutely baffled me and I didn't even know Zelda could do them. Nice stuff.

9: Idea - Thanks man. I hope this drives you to improve and stuff. Then it's been constructive!

9: Riddlebox - I think Lou came out to play this tournament; KirbyKaze didn't feel like playing. Lou ***** though, so that's okay.

9: carroll - What up dog. Thanks for the housing. You're a real bro. Work on drillshine up smash. And stop jabbing during combos. You don't need to (most of the time). You're Fox gosh darn it.

13: DoH - Good stuff in teams. I'm so sorry that you had to do all that driving and I really hope you're okay. I'm glad we got to play some friendlies. Learned some stuff about the Peach MU. I hope you learned some stuff from me too. :)

13: lyme - I didn't play you. :[

13: no cash - What up dog. Nice job. I'm glad I got to see you here.

13: Ramaru - Nice improvements since ROM3. Keep at it. Your biggest problem is that you don't transition from air-comboing or stray hits into tech chases. But I was happy to see how much better you've gotten. Keep at it.

17: Lon - Who were you?

17: Republican0Heaven - You're gonna need to use MINDGAMES IF YOU'RE GONNA REST ME! But yeah it was really fun playing you. Let's play at APEX, okay? Audio-recorder is probably a very wise idea. I never really mastered being concise.

17: nakamaru - Nice matches. I swear I'm better at not being raptor boosted than that. I'm really happy to see you playing still, kind of surprised you finished so low though. You can certainly play better than this.

17: silentSWAG - Same as Naka. Off day. Step it up and screw the haters. I've actually played Plank LOL and you sir, are no Plank. I would seriously recommend learning how to SH with a jump button, though. I find buttons are better for jumping because Sheik benefits a lot from being able to move backwards fully while spacing Fairs & Bairs but it's your call. My two cents, though. I hope we can play and chill at APEX. :)

25: neko
25: cavedweller
25: VI
25: avro
25: dr.steinbock

^ Don't remember these tags but if you tell me who you were I probably will.

25: slamus - I think we played a single friendly. And it was Peach vs Samus. Fun match. I heard you stole a game from M2K in Brawl or something. :p

25: jbro - If this is Javier then good stuff. Keep working on that Sheik. D-throw --> dash attack. :)

Dave - You're cute.

Taki - Sad you didn't enter. Your Fox is sexy, as always. Glad you beat weon's scrubby Sheik. Teach me how to beat Sheik with Fox. Up throw up air doesn't work all the time. :p

TO Joe - Good stuff here. We really are the dream team. I'm glad you stole a set from Logic and finished top 4. Would have been hot to see 2 Canadians in top 3, but hopefully you can represent at APEX. You're a sick dude and mad good.

Ally - Always a pleasure to see the amazing Elliott. I'm glad we could chat for a bit and hang out. Good stuff winning Brawl.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
13: Ranmaru - more friendlies some other time
Yes deff. Your jiggs is challenging and fun to play. : D Maybe Apex?

13: no cash - dunno if we played?
13: Ramaru - Thanks for the Aleve, saved my night. Good doc mario man
No cash uses Marth.

And no problem man. Glad it did, would be a waste to have a head ache holding you back from enjoying a damn good tourny. (That's why I got it haha, my leg was hurting)

And thanks. nice jiggs. Don't get scared of my pills. : D I don't really know how you as Jiggs can avoid them. You should ask some Jiggs mains. Sorry I can't be of help.

13: Ramaru - Fun playing you too, and good set in tournament. Real good doc practice, i'll make sure to play you lots next tournament i see you at.
I assure you we will play lots next time we meet. Real good fox practice too.

aww, forgot D20 in my shoutouts. My bad dude
I did too.

Sorry D20.

It was fun playing your Ylink man. : D

13: no cash - =( I don't remember who you were, tournies are so hard without name tags..sadfase

13: Ramaru - Yoooo that doc haha, I JUST now remember playing you at the big house too...lets get in tons of games next time =).

No cash was the marth next to me. Tall blonde kid.

Haha it makes sense, it's been months since I have played ya. Yes, we shall. : D

Singles: 31 Entrants

13: Ramaru - Nice improvements since ROM3. Keep at it. Your biggest problem is that you don't transition from air-comboing or stray hits into tech chases. But I was happy to see how much better you've gotten. Keep at it.
Thanks. I guess I improved because of Pound5. I remember that you couldn't make it, so that must be why you noticed now. Even so, I'm glad I still retained some skill from being away from smash for so long.

Anyways, I just realized... It's true. I don't really tech chase, nor have I really ever tried to. I never really know how important tech chasing really was. (or when I should do it)

I'll try to look up stuff about tech chasing. : D

Anyways, I look forward to playing you again man. : P​

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
1: ally ($176.00) - Good **** on singles. Watching you go through like, half the cast in doubles was definitely fun!

2: logic ($72.00) - Man, I really thought you were going to pull the upset on Ally. He had to get his ship to finish you off, lol.

3: Mew2king ($40.00)(Forfeited to focus on melee) - I think I was like, the only one watching you and ally playing your set, which I found a little odd. Was definitely a treat to watch.

4: TO joe ($16.00) - You're probably still sweating from that set against Ike, lol. Easily my favorite set to watch the entire tournament. Watching you two adapt to each other was a lot of fun.

5: Berserker ($8.00) - This Ike. I dunno, that's all I got lol. Never seen anything like it man. Keep doing whatever it is you're doing. I was gonna ask for a mm, but I was too tired. Maybe next time.

5: goblox the turkey that will kill us all (aka seagull)($8.00) - I actually didn't get to see you play too much. I think you were the one we did Sonic dittos, and the ffa's with, right? Was fun lol. Gotta pull out that pocket Sonic in tournament on someone next time!

7: the ****(tkck) - I was so confused watching you play. I caught a bit of a few of your matches. I'll just apologize up front, even though I never really said this, I was definitely thinking it for a bit. At first I thought you were just some random mk nado'ing your way to victory over a samus. Clearly I was wrong, lol. That MK was looking slick throughout the tourney. Was glad I didn't run into it haha.

7: luckay - Man, that set was fun haha. I was really hoping you'd switch to Pit, because I couldn't remember how to handle Pikachu. Didn't get my wish </3

9: M@v - I was so confused when I glimpsed over and saw you losing to Ike. Colaya had to fill me in on the details, but it made itself apparent by the end of the set. Can't fight Ike in his own castle man, haha.

9: kazii - Another guy I meant to mm. That Falco was looking pretty damn smooth vs Ally in those mm's. Even if you lost just about all of the matches. You have some crazy tech skill.

9: tech chase - F Wario. JKJK Lol, I wish I would've played you a bit later. Felt like I could've at least made things interesting. That mu though.. Here's to next /Hope for the possible 3 Sonic's in a row for first round haha.

9: phoenix dark - You scrub. Why are you using Sonic? lrn2ply

13: SSR - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

13: links24 - Didn't run into you this tournament, but I think I remember you from the last one I was at. Maybe next time!

13: crews - That Samus is sexy man. I had no idea she had that many options to deal with tornado. Still such a bad mu though. We'll have to do some Sonic vs Samus matches next time!

13: denzi - Those gimmicks! Fun set man. I hate the majority of the way most of the Sonic community plays, so I'm sure that threw you off a good bit.

17: lokii - I think you were the one making the drawings.. That stuff was amazing! I'll definitely have to buy something next time. Every time I was going to ask about it, I got pulled into a match.

17: jarvitz - Got to see you play a bit. You've definitely improved a good bit from the last time I saw you play. Just gotta take the advice people were giving you, and you'll start placing higher. If you need any advice, hit me up on aim.

17: space thing - Didn't get to see you play at all this time. I always hear people talking about that Lucario though. Shame you got bracket ***** though.

17: price - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

17: arelo - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

17: hari - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

17: monty - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

17: Rain - Fun matches man. Pit's arrows </3 lol.

25: carroll - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

25: incom - We gotta get you winning at the next /Hope! If you ever want to discuss Sonic, hit me up on aim. Even message me on AiB.

25: tedium - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

25: auspher - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

25: fosho - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

25: grafik - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

25: ninja - Uh, don't think I played or met you. Maybe next time!

25: lar - Not gonna lie. After losing to tech chase, I was just assuming I was gonna have an easy win in losers. Definitely caught me off guard man. Had some really nice spacing. Rainbow Cruise probably ended up working in my favor though. At least we know it's illegal now, lol.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
Hmmm. I can't find any guides on it tho. Know any where I can start looking up on that? : D
It's pretty straight forward. I mean say you shffl a nair on a fox and it hits them to the ground in front of you. The fox is gonna is either going to tech, in place/left/right/not at all. Instead of just hitting with that nair. Why not try to predict or react to where they are gonna tech and grab them and continue comboing? Ya know?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's pretty straight forward. I mean say you shffl a nair on a fox and it hits them to the ground in front of you. The fox is gonna is either going to tech, in place/left/right/not at all. Instead of just hitting with that nair. Why not try to predict or react to where they are gonna tech and grab them and continue comboing? Ya know?

Tech chasing is just kind of something you do. They land, have 4 options, then stuff.

Ah ok thx you guys, I'll keep this in mind. I guess I just always keep going. I should be more patient.

------

@Riddle Box: I just realized what the big house was. I didn't play you there, I played you at Pound 5. : P

Republican0fHeaven

Smash Ace
17: Republican0Heaven - I saw your shout out to me but I'm not entirely sure which player you were. Were you palying friendlies with my and VI after the brackets before the lights went out? If so, we gotta play more often, you'd be perfect to train with!
Yeah I was one of the first people there so I talked to you early when I was playing with Weon-X and M2K. You told me it was your first tourney and I said that I was super nervous at my first tourney. But yeah we also played teams friendlies against you and VI (peach puff team).

USC is kinda a drive for me, but we could meet for friendlies in between, say like PIttsburgh? Weeklies are at Duquesne on Friday. Good stuff for your first tournament, very impressive.

Dobs1007

Smash Ace
When u get good at tech chasing u do it off of reaction rather then predicting. When u first start tech chasing u do it off of a guessing game based on players habits ie if they r grabbed they tech behind u... That is why it is important to mix up what u do so u don't become predictable as a player, but if someone gets good at tech chasing there is less chance u can escape unless player tech chasing messes up...

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
When u get good at tech chasing u do it off of reaction rather then predicting. When u first start tech chasing u do it off of a guessing game based on players habits ie if they r grabbed they tech behind u... That is why it is important to mix up what u do so u don't become predictable as a player, but if someone gets good at tech chasing there is less chance u can escape unless player tech chasing messes up...
Hmmm thanks for the explanation. I'll keep this in mind.

Idk why i wasnt that social at this tourney.

Keep it real :D

Hmmm, yeah you weren't really playing as much friendlies haha. I was like "Dude, play some friendlies" and you were like "nah dawg". You were just pretty chill I guess. Except when playing Krox. I'm pretty sure Krox and Knux motivated the both of us to play harder.

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for hosting M@v

Shoutouts

Kirbykaze - I played one or two games against you before anything started, you JV4'd me once, I played falcon.
Unknown - You're really good lol. Hopefully I can at least force you to use your main against me in the future. Good games.
EJ - I do not agree with ftilt->fair working at 190%. Good games.
Lake/Nakamaru - Almost took a game off you two...when Lake went Yoshi. I'll be seeing you guys at Duquesne.
Idea/Riddlebox - Nice games in losers bracket
Vudujin and Abate - Best luigis ever, had lots of fun playing your team in friendlies
Republican0heaven/cavedweller - Got rested A LOT by you guys in friendlies. I think I played cavedweller in 1v1s later on, nice puff and peach.
Krazykrox/Krazyknux - Played you two in teams friendlies, your double fox is scary good.
Boof- Had lots of fun playing teams with you man, we'll work on our teamwork. Congrats on winning your first tourney set!

The guy who mained link and his teammate whose falco I 0-to-death'd on Yoshi's: Me and Boof played a ton of friendlies with you guys but I don't remember your tags, but you were fun to talk to and play against.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
More vids are coming, chill the **** out

I'm headed home to Texas today so no uploads til I get home

HariKyuubi

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I got mine. :'D

Who had the other two Brawl setups? Are we going to get replays from them or no...? If not then I am disappoint. :( I had some good stuff on that one in the back.

TheSpaz

Smash Rookie
I wish I could have made it out to this, I'll try to make the next one. I wish I knew more people in the Youngstown area that played.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
kirbykaze - Thanks for the kind words. Your sheik is still scary as hell. If i keep playing you canada guys i know i'll be able to give you a run for your money someday.

unknown522 - You are always super cool to hang with. I <3 all the canada players. Someday we will get friendlies in... someday...

Vudujin - The slickest luigi, and by far the greenest of them all. Good **** this tournament. Keep it up mah doo.

abate - Again it is always cool seeing you. Shame you can't come down more often because you are super fun to play. And you're even cooler to just hang with.

Krazyknux - Didn't play you as much as i would've liked, but i'll be seeing you at APEX or the next local tournament. Maybe then i'll meet ya in bracket. :p

Weon-X - You've got one crazy fox, and that roy is legit. You should use him more in tournament. xD

Krazykrox - Should've jsut grabbed that ledge. >.< Oh well, it was a clutch comeback on your part. I can't even be salty about that. I won't be losing to you next time though. ; )

the lake - Only a matter of time before we start tearing it up. We're on our way to becoming one hell of a force to be wreckoned with.

Idea - Fun friendlies at SWAG's place. Sorry if i got a little obnoxious at the tournament. ^.^; I was pretty sleep deprived and i kind of forget myself. Hope to see you at APEX

Riddlebox - I'll be bringing Sonic Adventure 2 Battle with me to APEX. $100 MM, no powers, Pyrimid stage. *Flex*

carroll - I got to see a few of your matches. You did well this tournament, and you're still the best pocket T/O.

DoH - Sorry to hear about your horrible drive back home. : ( I hope you got there ok and no one got hurt. You're still one of the best uploaders SWF has ever had. Got home from the tournament to watch Teams matches. You can't beat that.

lyme - You were unreal vs DoH. I've never seen your marth play anything like that before. Way to step it up after not playing for god knows how long.

Ramaru - Fun stuff in vs your Doc. Gave me a lot of MU experience i didn't have. And whoo man boss is soo good. Made me look like a combo video.

Lon - Yay! You're playing again!

Republican0Heaven - It was cool talking to you. You're getting a lot better. Just keep at it man

nakamaru - Way to suck, scrub

silentSWAG - Who did you end up losing to? And did you really skip school monday? xD

slamus - Heard you had the manliest counter to a falcon punch ever. Good ****.

jbro - Keep at it. Singles at any tournament is hard now-a-days. Won't take you that long before you start stomping some nubs.

Lokii - Those cat shirts, Cat in the hat is too good. Also your marth drawings were awesome.

M@V - Awesome tournament. Keep it up, and i'll keep shoveling out money.

Taki - Didn't enter singles again!? Wtf dude. : /

TorontoJoe - Eat n' Park is The place to go after dark in pittsburgh.

Hopefully i got everyone. Really late shout-outs because i hit 2 deer with my car after i left SWAG's place. >.<

Boofed

Smash Rookie
Yeah I was one of the first people there so I talked to you early when I was playing with Weon-X and M2K. You told me it was your first tourney and I said that I was super nervous at my first tourney. But yeah we also played teams friendlies against you and VI (peach puff team).

USC is kinda a drive for me, but we could meet for friendlies in between, say like PIttsburgh? Weeklies are at Duquesne on Friday. Good stuff for your first tournament, very impressive.
That sounds cool! I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it out to too many weeklies at Duquesne since it is kind of a drive and I still live with my parents (only a senior in high school). If I get accepted into Pitt I'll probably be able to be more free to do what I want. As of now, however, my parents would keep me from going out so much :p

Top Bottom