• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Housepets! Mafia - Game Over - Who lived happily ever after in Babylon Gardens?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Okay, I'll answer the question then: yes, I would be willing to hammer Red Ryu.

I just didn't want to throw it out there if people disliked that attitude anyway, but this was your call.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
The fact that RR has not yet been alpha striked yet, implies that he is scum. Or scum is playing a sick game, but I don't see why they wouldn't end the day yet. I really don't want to see anyone voting RR now. It's LyLo, I don't want to take this so lightly. Despite us ****ing over ourselves multiple times this game, I still feel we can win this.

My thoughts on things from the moments before Kantrip got lynched and toDay:

Kantrip said that when he flips town we MUST lynch either T-block or RR. I agree with this. I believe T-block's claim to be true. Town would be off pretty bad if it only had one power role that died on Day 1 versus 2 scum.
My thoughts on John yesterday were that he was a very bad player and scummy. He still is, but now he's just really really really dumb. Fortunately, him being dumb has shown us who is scum. RR is scum because of alpha strike not happening.

Glyph's lynch is WIFOM. Scum must be between T-block and RR and not both. Glyph had a very good read on wanting T-block dead, which he never explained, so bad points go to Glyph. He died to make it look like T-block wanted to get rid of him. I think this could just as easily be RR making T-block look more suspicious (except no one has looked at the implications of the NK yet...what??). What I conclude of this is one of them is scum, one of them is town. If they were both town, one of them would be killed, so we would almost auto-lynch the other and lose this game.

Well, I concluded that I believe RR is scum. Especially based on his play today.
PoE points to me and John from a TPK pick, John is the logical choice.
What. The. Hell?
John was never even considered to be an option for TPK to investigate. Not Day 2, not Day 3. Only when you seem to be the very likely lynch target are you willing to open up the TPK investigation group to other options that are easy lynches. T-block was probably not going to be lynched, so I suppose switching to John is a good idea. Except it's a great 'saving-my-butt'-tell

We need to conclude now who is RR's scum partner. We can't have John putting down rushed votes Tomorrow and ruin the game for us after all. We have a shot at winning if we conclude who is scum.
T-block can't be scum, see above.
I'm scum, see me.
John could be scum. The fact that it seems very likely that his partner is being KO'd, it would be a good idea to bus his partner to get some town cred from this. RR trying to get off John toDay seems like a desperate attempt to still sway the game to scum's win, instead of a well-coordinated bus. I believe John isn't the most likely scum because of this.
Overall, John's play this game has me believing he's town.

This just leaves me with Tery, and frankly, I'd be fine with lynching him Tomorrow, after RR flips scum. The reason is just because he's been absent so much, legitly or not, this is basically the #1 tactic for scum to reach endgame. I really wish Tery would have either been vigshot at the start of D1 or be willing to try and play better this game.
He hasn't made ONE good post this game. The best thing he ever did was showing his stances on everyone, which was everyone null or town. Tery has never had any scumreads. Tery has hammered twice. Tery was not willing to hammer RR when Tery suggested. Suddenly he was not okay with hammering??

I want to hear other's thoughts on Tery for Tomorrow. I think after we reached agreement with who is RR's scum partner, we should vote him.
Also, Tonight, either me or T-block will die, most likely T-block.
John, would you be willing to lynch Tery with me tomorrow, if nothing out of the ordinary happens now?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Yes, I haven't liked Tery all game, and would be fine lynching him toMorrow.

:phone:

John2k4

The End of an Era
Guus - I'd bet my hats we'll be in the next Day by this afternoon at latest, so what do you want to do: Give Tery some time for final words, or lynch him instantly?

:phone:

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Nah we'll instantly lynch him, if we give him any last words he'll just try to sway us. You and me bud, are gonna win this game. As long as T-block is NK'ed over me lol.

T-block

B2B TST
so it wasn't just flavour that dictated your read

town cult leader is stupid stupid powerful, rr. i'm not surprised at all that there wasn't another PR. if he had targetted town D1, any other scum target would have been incriminating with no wriggle room whatsoever, so it acts as a weak cop who doesn't have to crumb results. if he survives, he can clear three townies, including himself, by D3, which is the game right there.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
so it wasn't just flavour that dictated your read

town cult leader is stupid stupid powerful, rr. i'm not surprised at all that there wasn't another PR. if he had targetted town D1, any other scum target would have been incriminating with no wriggle room whatsoever, so it acts as a weak cop who doesn't have to crumb results. if he survives, he can clear three townies, including himself, by D3, which is the game right there.
I didn't think that TPK would be our only PR...

While it's true that he could have gone through three townies, a lot could have gone wrong before then, even more if you had a roleblocker for him.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Vc3a

3/5|11.03.11 11:59PM EST

votee|voters
Red Ryu|John2k4/Gustave/
No Vote|Red Ryu/Terywj/T-block/

Red Ryu
, Bino, Town Hated has been lynched.

John2k4, Rock, Vanilla Townie had died in endgame.

Terywj, Joey, Vanilla Townie has died in endgame.

T-block, Maxwell, Mafia Goon has won in endgame.

Gustave, Grape, Mafia Roleblocker has won in endgame.

Mafiosi Win

Game End

Green Room: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/wrkJLpWUtbpWn
Mafiosi Room: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/aM2JAjW8yPfc

[collapse=Terywj]

Role: Joey, Vanilla Townie
Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!
Win Condition: You win once all threats to the town are eliminated.[/collapse]

[collapse=Auspher]

Role: Peanut, Vanilla Townie
Abilities: Your only abilities are your voice and vote; now's the time to make them count!

[collapse=John2k4]

Role: Rock, Vanilla Townie

[collapse=JTB]

Role: Zach, Vanilla Townie

[collapse=Kantrip]

Role: Spo, Vanilla Townie

[collapse=DtJ Glyphmoney]

Role: Lester, Vanilla Townie
Restriction: You must include a notably specific reference to anime in approximately one-fifth of your posts. The Game Moderator will first issue you a warning, followed by a modkill if you do not follow this restriction.

[collapse=The Paprika Killer]

Role: Fido, Town Cult-Leader
Abilities: You may communicate with all cult members at all times in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/EnDk7C4AxpE9w . If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. If you use any method of vocal communication (Skype voice chat, cell phone use, in-person talking, etc...) then you must either provide a recording or detailed minutes/protocols of the conversations and relay them in the QuickTopic. Each night you may send me the command "Cult: NAME". If the player targeted is of Mafiosi alignment you will die. In any other situation the player will become a cult member (although this will not be reflected by a change in their role name). Your death triggers no special actions (such as the disbanding of the cult or an emergence of a new leader). You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Cult: No Target".

[collapse=Red Ryu]

Role: Bino, Town Hated
Abilities: When you are one vote beneath the lynch threshold, you will be lynched.

[collapse=T-block]

Role:
Mafiosi Goon

Partner: Gustave, Grape, Mafiosi Roleblocker
Abilities: You may communicate with your partner at any time in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/aM2JAjW8yPfc . If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. If you use any method of vocal communication (Skype voice chat, cell phone use, in-person talking, etc...) then you must either provide a recording or detailed minutes/protocols of the conversations and relay them in the QuickTopic. Each night you or a partner must send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia jointly for a lethal action. No action will result in a random kill.
Safe Claim: Tarot

Win Condition: You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over all others or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

[collapse=Gustave]

Role:
Mafiosi Roleblocker

Partner: T-block, Maxwell, Mafiosi Goon
Abilities: You may communicate with your partner at any time in the following QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/aM2JAjW8yPfc . If you use any other method of communication (Private Messages, AIM, MSN, etc...) then you must provide logs of these conversations by copying and pasting them into the QuickTopic. If you use any method of vocal communication (Skype voice chat, cell phone use, in-person talking, etc...) then you must either provide a recording or detailed minutes/protocols of the conversations and relay them in the QuickTopic. Each night you or a partner must send me the command "Murder: NAME". This player will be targeted by the mafia jointly for a lethal action. No action will result in a random kill. Each night you may send me the command "Halt: NAME". All actions used on that night by that player will fail. You may not target yourself. You may elect to use the command "Halt: No Target".
Safe Claim: Fox

Win Condition: You win once your faction has an undeniable majority rule over all others or nothing can prevent this.[/collapse]

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Look at that, no one suspected me. The only thing that came close was Kantrip disliking me near the end of D2. I did good this game, in my own opinion!

Kantrip

Kantplay
Welp, good game. Town sheeped way too much. I'll post shoutouts after school. T-Block has me so salty right now. I thought it was Gustave / RR when I went out.

T-Block, if I was alive last Night would you have NKed me?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Welp, good game. Town sheeped way too much. I'll post shoutouts after school. T-Block has me so salty right now. I thought it was Gustave / RR when I went out.

T-Block, if I was alive last Night would you have NKed me?
Would've depended on the lynch. The other lynch target was John, so if it was a John lynch, you'd still be alive, since you were the one who had pushed a wrong lynch. Glyph would have died regardless.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Poor Glyph, no one wanted him around :(

Top Bottom