• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Housepets! Mafia - Game Over - Who lived happily ever after in Babylon Gardens?

T-block

B2B TST
Hmm...that's a good point.

I missed where Xiivi said his setup was simple though o.o

I couldn't have claimed doc because there was no way I was going to get away with not claiming first =\ I actually did think Tery was going to be a protective of some sort.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Did you think Tery was protective AND someone had the characters of the cops? You could've claimed one of the K9 agents as a cop. The problem there were the crumbs that RR caught on to.

In essence, if Red Ryu had realized your claim was fishy, you would have been in a tight spot. You had an army of sheep behind you advancing towards RR though, so :laugh:

You did play a good game.

T-block

B2B TST
I knew there was no cop. Our mafia kill was joint, so I thought there might have been a Tracker D1, but once TPK flipped Cult Leader I knew there was no information gathering role. The fact that we had a roleblocker made me think there was some sort of protective though.

Kantrip

Kantplay
That does make sense. You guys having a roleblocker was kind of weird and could have been a red herring along with you guys having no safe roles and only characters to claim.

John2k4

The End of an Era
John - I must say I was reading you wrong in this game. In part it was my fault for looking so heavily at how you played in one other game as town. What I saw this game was that you were trying new things as town and trying to improve your play, which is good. You've got the activity and the drive, and all you need to do is work on your independent thought and coming to good conclusions through reading into the intent behind posts. This was lacking this game, which gave me the scum read on you that I got (and still had even when removed from the game), but I can really see now that you were actively trying to further your play. For that, I say good job :) Do remember to be more cautious in MyLo or LyLo situations, as it only takes one vote for an alpha strike, though.
Thanks Kanty - Looking back, I realize that my huge downfall was there: I was sheeping and not thinking independently like I should have. I was trying to tell myself that RR/JTB/TB are all just normal people, pay them the same slice of mind you would everyone else. However, all of TB's reads on people got to me, and I pretty much became his personal sheep for the entire game. :/

So Kan, are you going to be in RR's Mafia game? :awesome:

John2k4

The End of an Era
BRB going to go buy another few months for Kantrip so he can Mafia. :laugh:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
The trick is not reading and then randomly picking some stuff that looks weird and deciding you're right

Then I guess if you actually wanted to WIN a game of mafia, you'd have to continue to push that person with legit points and not stop posting pretty much entirely.

It also helps when you don't have stupid dumb anime posting restictions

D

Deleted member

I claimed too early, but everyone was telling me to do it and I didn't want to get lynched. I don't know what else I could have done...

Super Vegito

Smash Rookie
I'm actually glad. I try to get scumreads from reading games but then I get like... so desperate to know if those people were scum or not.

I guess I get hyped hahaha (Meaning I have a short attention span... )

Top Bottom