• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Jake13

Smash Lord
It was nice seeing you again jake!
Sorry we didn't get friendlies in, tourney was too crazy haha
Maybe next time i visit houston

great seeing you too! you did awesome, i was super stoked when i saw how well you placed
good stuff in teams, i really enjoyed those matches
and deffff next time you visit we'll get something together

darkatma

Smash Hero
Pfft, we sent someone up there but no one wanted to play with them =(

You had legit Johns though Darkatma. G2 was insane. Good job placing how well you placed in both teams and singles.
Ohh shoot that was you guys? I lost a bunch of contacts in my phone so I wasn't sure who everyone was. Thought you might've been someone from stl.

And thanks :D Teams didn't go as well coz we should've beaten light and dark lol. Oh wells. Matches with jake were good :p

And yeah we'll definitely play again sometime Jake

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We're all back and safe now lol I just talked to all of the cars.

Thanks for the fun tournament lol we're really hoping to see you guys soon. I hope that you'll be able to enter the next tournament though =D

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
maybe if we all sucked more, had less turnout, posted the same thing over and over and yelled random noises, and had ****ty venues like brawl then more people would take us seriously.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Im in the planning stages of WHOBO 4. This year will be completely different than all previous WHOBOs(no anime stuff, no obscene venue fee....ect) but one thing will stay the same.....it will be held THIS spring break so i need some info from you guys.

When do all yall have spring break? If you dont know, check your college or high schools website and Please tell me asap.

-xyro

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
Im in the planning stages of WHOBO 4. This year will be completely different than all previous WHOBOs(no anime stuff, no obscene venue fee....ect) but one thing will stay the same.....it will be held THIS spring break so i need some info from you guys.

When do all yall have spring break? If you dont know, check your college or high schools website and Please tell me asap.

-xyro
cool good luck.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I guess we should probably bump this thread seeing as how we have no one left to bump it since we're so dead.

Also, I'm pretty sure that most of the people in Houston have Spring Break from March 14-21 or whatever that weekly time frame is.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Ugh, took you long enough. Scene is more than dead though. We're like completely dead. We hate melee. We love Brawl. Melee is stupid and outdated. No new techniques or evolving metagame yada yada blah blah you get the point.

baka4moé

Smash Champion
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

this is really good for houston tho, now yall have a marth main, and a good one too. broly i hope to play you sometime, i heard you beat my good friend atlus at evo hahaha

Broly

Smash Lord
Poor Von, he needs to get 4 stocked again by me. Yes, I beat Atlus pretty bad, but it was fun.

Ya'll better get your **** together. Ill be bringing that hype, plus the mythicalvan of death to take ppl to tournies. Dont worry guys, your hero is here.

Kal

Smash Champion
A modest hero at that!

Seriously, though, after playing Houston's Marths, I'm glad to see they'll get one that knows what he's doing.

teehee <3

Kal

Smash Champion
We're having tournaments pretty frequently in Austin. We're planning on doing a circuit. Maybe, if you guys have a suitable venue, we can come up with some sort of arrangement where we alternate locations for circuit events?

Kal

Smash Champion
Austin travels, we just aren't big on Sunday tournaments.

Kal

Smash Champion
No, now I'm posting here every .7 months just to ensure that this thread never dies.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, A.R.K. IV is coming up September 17th-18th in Jacksonville, AR! We are expecting ~200 people with games such as Melee, Brawl, BlazBlue:CS II, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat 9, SSF4:AE, Street Fighter 3rd Strike: Online Edition, and more! Smashers are coming in from several states to compete!

Note that our tournament is working on securing sponsorships from well known companies which will each be providing additional prizes and bonus pots for our tournaments. The Traveling Circus has expressed interest as of this time. Also, well-known regional modder DaRabidDuckie will be on hand to provide dual mods (PS3 <-> 360) for fight sticks.

If you have ANY questions, please post on the official tournament thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=308992
I'd normally respond to replies on this thread, but I'm so busy with Med. School that I don't have time. Please try to make it and show your support not only for us, but for the Regional Smash community as a whole. Thanks guys!

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
Now look what you did, someone posted in our thread from OOS expecting us to be an alive scene and not going to send 3 cars over there.
I travel to a lot of Texas tournaments and AFAIK I thought Houston Smash was strong? Don't tell me it's just Brawl that's strong in Houston?

Sybawave

Smash Ace
xD Houston smash is unfortunately better known for Brawl since the Brawl players literally tried to run us into the ground and kill the melee scene.

However, we have made a strong come back recently and the Texas scene as a whole is already talking about attending this tournament. We have 5 people that are willing to go to the tournament so far.

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
xD Houston smash is unfortunately better known for Brawl since the Brawl players literally tried to run us into the ground and kill the melee scene.

However, we have made a strong come back recently and the Texas scene as a whole is already talking about attending this tournament. We have 5 people that are willing to go to the tournament so far.
Awesome haha. We always get a lot of out of staters, but not a lot of Texas Smashers. I'm hoping you guys have a great time and if you need anything, let me know!
we are all just afraid of that ganon guy from Ark.
Fear us! We are the best ;)

Top Bottom