• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
That's awesome I'm glad you guys would want to come! I'll see what I can do about WHOBO. I'm relatively new and young for running a national so he's kinda inching me along but overall I'm going to be running it. So I'll see what I can do about Melee :]
Melee will only happen if whobo is 3 days. if its 2 days its all brawl.

Gnes

Smash Master
The last time I played with those players, I ***** them all except for Jerm who is partially active in our community and therefore I know where I should be able to place him.

And I understand about the pot. We will still be there.

Also, for as much trolling and **** that I throw up there, you're dealing with it pretty well. That's nice. If this were FB, I'd give you this emoticon right now (Y)
Uh pretty sure I've never played you ever, but its not like I've went to melee tournies since brawl came out so idc

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Played you a while ago when I first entered the scene because I was pretty much forced to ****ing go to Brawlfag smashfests. You know, because someone tried to ****ing turn me homosexual? I mean tried to get me to play gay sex, I mean Brawl. You played with me at a few of those.

But that was an extremely long time ago. I'd be surprised if you got better at melee but I highly doubt it. Y'all never do. Don't be afraid to pour me a nice hot cup of STFU if I'm wrong.

And Grinin, just because you don't have the time to play doesn't mean you have to leave the group entirely lol there are plenty of players who are in the scene but do not play. I even made a list of those people xD I made just a general activity list per player though. Basically just a list with 4 categories and placing people into one of those four categories based on their activity in the scene.

High school is a terrible time to grow for smash since you don't have any freedom (no car, curfew, etc.) so it's understandable.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Jake go to work.

And I know right? People are going to get confused figuring out which thread sucks and which one doesn't. And by that I obviously meant which one's brawl and which one is melee respectively.

Oh and wtf is this?

melee players, this event is a FREE event. there will NOT be prize money.
You don't think I already posted and told everyone that it was a free tournament? Did you not see the argument we had earlier about this? GTFO. Just go worry about your own ****.

Xyro77

You don't think I already posted and told everyone that it was a free tournament? Did you not see the argument we had earlier about this? GTFO. Just go worry about your own ****.
no i dont read yalls trash. i post where i want. besides, im reminding you guys because i KNOW a melee player will show up to this event, place well and be pissed when he doesnt get paid out. He will then come back online and complain about it. so in a way, im helping you. stop being poop.

Lol Allan messed things up for Melee or something? Lol I can only imagine how he was
I didnt really mess up much. I just dropped melee when brawl came out and like 80% of the community followed me. Only the players who rarely attended melee events and the NEW gen melee players(von lol) got mad because their scene was super small. oh and i didnt really support it.

He has his own history of smash story and we have ours. His story has a lot of biased wording in it if you've ever read it.
The history i have up is from like 03-07 and it is correct. Its not like you were around for any of it anyways LOL you have nothing to say but baseless incorrect statements. After 2008 i didnt keep track of Houstons melee history because it was dead so yea u can have 2008 to now idgaf.

I see... yeah that sounds like Allan. I'd love to have them together at my events! I run Houston now for the most part (I'm even doing WHOBO) with a little help from Allan every now and then.
What do u mean it sounds like me, sync? You didnt know me in melee.

WHOBO is still my event/series. I gave you HOBO and only HOBO.

EDIT: i already came up with the name HOMO. So good job on being about 4 years late,Von.

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
In an effort to avoid further confrontation I will be posting instead of Sybawave. It has been brought to my attention that you(Xyro77) sent a request to rejoin the HMS facebook group, though none of us are sure why. Could you please give us your reasoning?

I would also like to apologize for Sybawave's and TSC's (last spotted as ilovetosuckbrawlcock) continuous trolling. It is not representative of most of the HMS' feelings.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
In an effort to avoid further confrontation I will be posting instead of Sybawave. It has been brought to my attention that you(Xyro77) sent a request to rejoin the HMS facebook group, though none of us are sure why. Could you please give us your reasoning?

I would also like to apologize for Sybawave's and TSC's (last spotted as ilovetosuckbrawlcock) continuous trolling. It is not representative of most of the HMS' feelings.
Do you want to ****ing bet?

Omg, last time I ****ing let a women try and take control of things. I hate you, Hannah.

Xyro77

HAHAHA i know vons actions dont rep the WHOLE scene(jake/oscar/killawhale/sideffect/mouf are still great people). As a whole they(the scene/von) are fine but the things they believe about brawl/the scene/me is mostly wrong. In fact, i just sent von a VM trying o help u guys out.

I sent a request to rejoin the group just to see if i could be let back in. They kicked me cause they didnt like that melee wont be at whobo.

But again, if von will read my VM and be open about it things can change literally in an instant.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
HAHAHA i know vons actions dont rep the WHOLE scene(jake/oscar/killawhale/sideffect/mouf are still great people). As a whole they(the scene/von) are fine but the things they believe about brawl/the scene/me is mostly wrong. In fact, i just sent von a VM trying o help u guys out.

I sent a request to rejoin the group just to see if i could be let back in. They kicked me cause they didnt like that melee wont be at whobo.

But again, if von will read my VM and be open about it things can change literally in an instant.
Funny, because everyone did support our actions except for 2 people. Some scrubby *** Samus main that shouldn't even be related to our scene and the ****ing ***** you're talking to now. But either way, I guess that's not the whole scene regardless. I just thought I'd let y'all know that our actions were supported by the majority of the scene. 53/55

Oh and for a response to your message, the scene doesn't want it. We know how many times you've "offered" your help to us and then just left us there in the back like some ****ing dead trash game.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
no i dont read yalls trash. i post where i want. besides, im reminding you guys because i KNOW a melee player will show up to this event, place well and be pissed when he doesnt get paid out. He will then come back online and complain about it. so in a way, im helping you. stop being poop.

I didnt really mess up much. I just dropped melee when brawl came out and like 80% of the community followed me. Only the players who rarely attended melee events and the NEW gen melee players(von lol) got mad because their scene was super small. oh and i didnt really support it.

The history i have up is from like 03-07 and it is correct. Its not like you were around for any of it anyways LOL you have nothing to say but baseless incorrect statements. After 2008 i didnt keep track of Houstons melee history because it was dead so yea u can have 2008 to now idgaf.

What do u mean it sounds like me, sync? You didnt know me in melee.

WHOBO is still my event/series. I gave you HOBO and only HOBO.

EDIT: i already came up with the name HOMO. So good job on being about 4 years late,Von.
Did you seriously just prove his hypothesis correct like that? You're so ****ing ********. It has nothing to do with knowing you in melee. It has to do with ****ing knowing how you are as a person.

I'm so ****ing sorry that you have to deal with this trash, Sync. You sound like a nice guy and all but we cannot continue things if it's going to be this way.

Xyro77

Oh and for a response to your message, the scene doesn't want it. We know how many times you've "offered" your help to us and then just left us there in the back like some ****ing dead trash game.
I wasnt talking about ME holding an event(you already decided to not go that route with me). Im talking about ideas that will make your scene as successful as mine is(all these ideas work EVERY TIME). All it does is require YOU to act on it. That is it.

Did you seriously just prove his hypothesis correct like that? You're so ****ing ********. It has nothing to do with knowing you in melee. It has to do with ****ing knowing how you are as a person.
i was entirely different in melee than i am in brawl. I wasnt married/didnt have a kid/didnt go to school/was younger/had no bills....ect aka i was always in a good mood pretty much all the time. You dont know this because you were not around. LOL so yea. congrats at yet again not knowing ****. u r good at that.

Sync.

Smash Champion
Wow what happened!? Allan I meant it sounds like you to take control of things YOUR way. That's why I said that sounds like you! And you did say I was running WHOBO and you were going to help me! That's why you'd always say "can't wait to see the hell you go through at WHOBO" but whatever I don't really care for arguing too much. I just wanted people to come to my events. Sorry :/

It's ok Sybawave don't worry about it! Sorry for killing the thread...

Xyro77

Wow what happened!? Allan I meant it sounds like you to take control of things YOUR way. That's why I said that sounds like you! And you did say I was running WHOBO and you were going to help me! That's why you'd always say "can't wait to see the hell you go through at WHOBO" but whatever I don't really care for arguing too much. I just wanted people to come to my events. Sorry :/
oh. i guess i read it wrong. my fault. me sorry.

and u didnt kill the thread, u made is more active. THANK YOU!

syba, stop being poop and lets talk.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Why isn't it doing well now?

Who cares about how the ****ing thread is doing in the first place? You know we don't come here. We practically make it a goal to kill this thread. Trying to see how long this thread will go for before someone posts in it? Yeah, that seems like a game we'd try to play to keep a thread alive and well.

Exelcior

Smash Rookie

You got kicked because of your **** attitude towards the scene/players. Not running event for us doesn't warrant our dislike.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
All right everyone, show up tomorrow!

Hope to see y'all there. Y'all as in whoever isn't in our Fb group because they're lame and gay as s **** for not being in there.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
All day erryday.

Also, good job Melee scene on showing up the Brawl Scene at yesterday's tournament. I am so proud. Of all of you. That read this dead ****ing thread.

Results.

28 Melee Entrants. Sounds like a normal smashfest.

10 Team Entrants. That's a big *** number lololol

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13409412#post13409412

Also, please note that Luciano and I used only Kirby this entire tournament. Get ****ed up.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
I don't know who you are lol but I'm sorry to hear that. Glad you had fun though.

Just let us know when you want to play. We usually have weekly smashfests with about 15+ people during the weekend and a smashfest some random time during the week with about 10.

Edited the OP info results area with the BN tournament results.

Also, I just saw this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13410963&postcount=23

<3

Sybawave

Smash Ace
All right guys, Dallas OMG Tournament on the 21st weekend.

We possibly have 2 cars going. Hannah's and mine. Hannah's doing a two day trip and I'm doing a 4 day trip. Friday-Saturday and Thursday-Sunday respectively.

However, if not enough people want to go then we'll just be taking my car. Let us know who wants in. We only sent 1 car up there last time. Lets aim for 2 this time.

Oh and whoever gets left behind can play at that little Gamestop tournament with the rest of those Brawlfa.gs.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace

Noc

Smash Journeyman
TYS Bar Fights 4 10/8 Singles Results

1: jake
2: tsc
3: sybawave
4: broly
5: gar
5: mt
7: dawn
7: oscar
9: kradi
9: andrew
9: josh
9: glibbyglobby
13: jos
13: perfectengrish
13: tree
13: noc
17: jray
17: mike
17: jcast
17: obso1337
17: vash

[COLLAPSE="Bracket"]
[/COLLAPSE]

I don't have doubles results. Will try to upload vids this week!

MT_

Smash Ace
Yannis was taken out by GlibbyGlobby in losers; I don't remember his winners bracket though.

Top Bottom