• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Melee Thread

Admiral!

Smash Apprentice
My sister just got her drivers license so I no longer have full access to the car and can't make a lot of these things :(. People should come to my dorm / drive me places.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Everyone is going to oscars today. I'm going to Hannah's to play with her. Cough ;) Tomorrow we should be doing something at uh but I'll let y'all know how that turns out either later tonight orrrr tomorrow sometime.

:phone:

AustinRC

Smash Lord
Houston sucks at melee, minus Oscar. Austin vs Houston crew battle on the 25th? Bring it...

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Xelic has already agreed to join austin's crew for February 25th. He's Austin. Why not use Xelic? MT suggested reqy for the 5th spot, and reqy's fine with it.

Jose if you want you, MT, JF, and reqy can duke it out for the 5th spot.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
‎-A tier announcement-
I regret to inform the hard working employees of Gamestop. Specifically, Michael Burton, Ginger, that one hispanic boss, and some **** who hurt my feelings who might not work there anymore. I know you guys work hard at hosting the battle Networks and i know this upcoming event is the last one that ya'll will be hosting But you made the mistake, whether ya'll had a choice or not, to pin the tail on the SUPERBOWL MOTHERPLUCKING SUNDAY EVENT DAY EXTRAVAGANZA SMASH PARTY... that I will be hosting @ my house. So I apologize, but with that said I would like you to know that I will do everything in my power to reassure the confirmed guest that MORE guest will come, which would have more than likely been going to your event. in other words I WILL DESTROY YALL. No hard feelings. Now for the people that will be attending.What you should be expecting upon arrival: I will have the amazing, famous, world renowned, mouth watering, hold your breath people, 7, yes you heard right, 7 LAYER DIP for everyones enjoyment. I will have beer. What kind you ask? GTFO. Beer is beer mother****ers.You take what i will give you. But I Strongly suggest if you plan on drinking to bring your own 6 pack at least or 40 oz. I am 420 Friendly and if you are too you are welcome to smoke in the back yard. We will be watching the game on my huge *** tv in my room and playing smash in another so everyone can do their own thing. Anyone is welcome. RSVP and notify me on guests please. My number is 8324181806. Address is 3038 Hazy park dr. 77082. You can park next to the curb.Anywhere you find is jolly by me as you will not be towed. EVERYONE is welcome WITH RSVP. Do not just show up i will close the door on your ********. and lastly, the more the merrier. People I don't watch football.EVER. But it's superbowl and I get crunk. and we will have a grand ****ing time. So CHEERS, ******S, and BEERS! LETS HAVING A SMASHING TIME BABY YEAH!!!
Any request/suggestions/ideas leave them in the comments below-
What we will need.
TV's- for smash.
you guys. yes you reading this!
and a good ****ing mood.EVERYONE BETTER BE PERMA SMILING.

other stuff might be necessary-
beer bong
COUCH for my room.
chairs.
more food.

Thanks everyone!
- Oscar AKA Mojo

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Von what do you say? Would Houston be willing to do a 5 v 5 vs Austin on Feb. 25th?

Is it safe to assume that Houston would put up Oscar, you, Jake, Broly, and TSC? (Is glibbyglobby considered houston or galveston?)

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
Xelic has already agreed to join austin's crew for February 25th. He's Austin. Why not use Xelic? MT suggested reqy for the 5th spot, and reqy's fine with it.

Jose if you want you, MT, JF, and reqy can duke it out for the 5th spot.
oh since they don't make the effort to show up i wouldn't have thought they were interested in kawaii love combos on ice.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Why is there so much attention right now lol xD

And that'd be a safe bet. Assuming we all showed up. Better shot at doing that crew battle here in Houston on the 11th.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Why is there so much attention right now lol xD

And that'd be a safe bet. Assuming we all showed up. Better shot at doing that crew battle here in Houston on the 11th.
Just to stir things up a bit, honestly :)

Crew rivalries were a hallmark of Texas smash back in the day (during the Crystal City era). I feel like Texas has gone away from these sorts of inter-city rivalries in this day and age. It's too boring.

There's no way February 11th would work. The only person from our top 5 who would likely attend Houston's Feb. 11th tournament is Tirno.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
We're trying to unite the scene and revive it first before we go around getting each other to kill one another.

I don't know how many are going on the 25th. We haven't heard anything about that tournament yet so we haven't made any plans to attend it.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
By the way kailo you seem pretty confident that Houston's melee scene would dominate Austin. Just to make things more hype, how about we do this? Austin will put up $500 on this crew match assuming all of our top 5 players are present - Xelic, AustinRC, Tirno, Cyphus, and Reqy.

Naturally, the bet only holds if both Austin and Houston are at full strength. This is a conditional bet. If both cities are at full strength (xelic, austinrc, tirno,cyphus, reqy) vs (oscar, broly, jake, von, tsc), Austin will put $500 on winning this crew battle.

What say you, Houston?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
By the way kailo you seem pretty confident that Houston's melee scene would dominate Austin. Just to make things more hype, how about we do this? Austin will put up $500 on this crew match assuming all of our top 5 players are present - Xelic, AustinRC, Tirno, Cyphus, and Reqy.

Naturally, the bet only holds if both Austin and Houston are at full strength. This is a conditional bet. If both cities are at full strength (xelic, austinrc, tirno,cyphus, reqy) vs (oscar, broly, jake, von, tsc), Austin will put $500 on winning this crew battle.

What say you, Houston?
i think 500 dollars in 4 weeks is kind of silly considering broly is MIA and jake has this stupid thing called a life now

i also dont think a 5v5 is reflective of a scene vs a scene in general. especially when i just saw you mention a full 8 capable players essentially fighting for 5 spots

and other than that all id care about is pride and the old passionate rivalvries of houston mag converse austin SA CC and stuff

dcx1287

Smash Lord
i think 500 dollars in 4 weeks is kind of silly considering broly is MIA and jake has this stupid thing called a life now
That's why it's conditional. If Broly and/or Jake13 don't show, then you have nothing to worry about. We won't force you to bet with an incomplete roster.

If it doesn't happen on February 11th or February 25th, fine, we can try for a day in March.

The question is, if both Austin and Houston have their top 5 present in the near future, would you be wiling to accept the bet?

dcx1287

Smash Lord
If you guys want to go deeper into the bench and make this into an 8 vs 8, Austin would also be up for that.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
He's just saying that Jake and Broly are rusty as hell right now due to their leave of absence.

Also, I'm pretty sure you have a gambling problem. I also like how you fixed the terms of your bet and made it more detailed to avoid last times event from reoccurring xDDDD nice.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
i wouldnt accuse jake of being rusty its just that nobody really knows what jake is up to these days, of course he would still be a really strong player tho

broly plays with his face

dcx1287

Smash Lord
No worries, I'm just putting the idea out there. It's no fun if one side isn't up to full strength (rust, etc.) We can just do a "pride" crew battle if you want. I only suggested $500 because kailo seemed confident.

And Von, we both had $100 to bet last time, but if I recall correctly, neither Austin nor Houston was willing to do a crew battle after the tournament.

Sybawave

Smash Ace
Houston was. I just didn't care if we did or not mostly because I knew you had the downside in that bet and it'd just be mean to let you continue with it. And your members ran away before we could start it.

Top Bottom